Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 762343 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5400 on: September 11, 2022, 01:22:15 PM »
psych ward means no release date

If found guilty for first degree, I believe that’s life without parole. Either way, he wouldn’t see any kind of release date.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5401 on: September 11, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »
next Well Of G’s album should be banging
G's...why did it have to be G's?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #5402 on: September 11, 2022, 08:25:23 PM »
why would he be in psych ward? plenty of people in prison are worse of mentally. although he's def fucked. his gang affiliation probably isnt helping either.  i dont rember him smoking meth tho. (that was twuan?)

I am not sure if you remember the time around the infamous slap "Shalom" joke , TK started to unravel around then. If you watch his Nine Club interview , observe his disposition and then compare it to his subsequent behaviour after he released the MUTA part on the berrics.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5403 on: September 12, 2022, 09:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
next Well Of G’s album should be banging
[close]
G's...why did it have to be G's?
ask tk

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #5404 on: September 12, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
why would he be in psych ward? plenty of people in prison are worse of mentally. although he's def fucked. his gang affiliation probably isnt helping either.  i dont rember him smoking meth tho. (that was twuan?)
[close]

I am not sure if you remember the time around the infamous slap "Shalom" joke , TK started to unravel around then. If you watch his Nine Club interview , observe his disposition and then compare it to his subsequent behaviour after he released the MUTA part on the berrics.

It's crazy to me that the nine club still has that interview up, it's one of their worst interviews too

Dr Hass

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5405 on: September 12, 2022, 03:49:52 PM »
Isn’t it really difficult to plead insanity anyway? Has to meet all sorts of criteria etc.

Anyway this is all pretty shit and sad to see. I didn’t follow the entire saga - basically picked up the thread a couple of weeks before the murder. Idk. To me it always depresses me how these people don’t seem to have anyone around them to pull them up by the scruff of the neck when they’re about to fall one step too far.

Please don’t take the above as any support of sympathy for what TK did, but yeah, having someone who is strong and looking out for you, really does a world of good. So many people don’t have that and then boom, they do something or something happens to them that changes their lives forever.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5406 on: September 12, 2022, 05:32:07 PM »
National Institute of Mental Health found that less than 1 percent of county court cases involved the insanity defense, and that of those, only around one in four was successful.

And TK isn't going to fit the neither arrow definition of insanity used in the States:
"at the time of committing the act, he was laboring under such a defect of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act he was doing, or if he did know it, that he did not know what he was doing was wrong."

"if at the time of his conduct as a result of mental disease or defect he lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the criminality (wrongfulness) of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of law."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html#:~:text=Although%20cases%20invoking%20the%20insanity,a%20fraction%20of%20those1.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5407 on: September 12, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »

Anyway this is all pretty shit and sad to see. I didn’t follow the entire saga - basically picked up the thread a couple of weeks before the murder. Idk. To me it always depresses me how these people don’t seem to have anyone around them to pull them up by the scruff of the neck when they’re about to fall one step too far.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I think there were stories in here where TK didn't want help. Like I think someone at Brooklyn Projects tried to say something, but TK was just like "shalom" and walked away.

I think even an old Baker rider (Dollin?) wrote something like they saw him degrading mentally but TK didn't want to accept help.

This is tragic all around. But when it comes to helping someone, it's hard to help those who don't want to be helped.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5408 on: September 12, 2022, 06:39:09 PM »
National Institute of Mental Health found that less than 1 percent of county court cases involved the insanity defense, and that of those, only around one in four was successful.

And TK isn't going to fit the neither arrow definition of insanity used in the States:
"at the time of committing the act, he was laboring under such a defect of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act he was doing, or if he did know it, that he did not know what he was doing was wrong."

"if at the time of his conduct as a result of mental disease or defect he lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the criminality (wrongfulness) of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of law."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html#:~:text=Although%20cases%20invoking%20the%20insanity,a%20fraction%20of%20those1.
This was pretty good at explaining what crazy looks like as opposed to someone who isnt

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5409 on: September 13, 2022, 04:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I think there were stories in here where TK didn't want help. Like I think someone at Brooklyn Projects tried to say something, but TK was just like "shalom" and walked away.

I think even an old Baker rider (Dollin?) wrote something like they saw him degrading mentally but TK didn't want to accept help.

This is tragic all around. But when it comes to helping someone, it's hard to help those who don't want to be helped.

Pretty much this. Seen it way too many times over the last years and I am tired of trying to help someone who isn't willing to improve his/her life.
IG: @flowterspace

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #5410 on: September 13, 2022, 07:33:46 AM »

Sounds like you've never been in the situation of having a loved one that's hell bent on destruction and refuses any help you offer... people only accept help when they want it

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #5411 on: September 13, 2022, 07:55:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like you've never been in the situation of having a loved one that's hell bent on destruction and refuses any help you offer... people only accept help when they want it

This is the hardest part. All of this has been horrible to see but it's the same with Bam. You can only do so much when people won't accept help.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #5412 on: September 13, 2022, 08:20:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty much this. Seen it way too many times over the last years and I am tired of trying to help someone who isn't willing to improve his/her life.

I agree that people need to want to help themselves  and you can't help someone who is in denial but the TK situation is somewhat different as he demonstrated clear cognitive decline/schizophrenia.If you go to the beginning of this thread , most of the IG post by TK which are deleted now show TK unravelling .....he stops taking care of his personal hygiene ,lost muscle mass, his clothing becomes dingy /not washed , he is on IG live at 2 am smoking meth with that weird white lady, he started getting into weird conspiracy ideas anyone remember his post about being German, "1st black native and claiming he is Jewish. It only get more melancholic when TK on IG put a "hit" on his wife Sarah and would post photos of his family in happier times but by then his kids and wife left him.Other than Gator (fuck him) I can't recall another pro whose downward spiral can match TK in darkness and tragedy. If you look at the analytics of this thread , its fucked to say that the skateboarding community was really engaged with this thread ....5411 posts and 700,000 views. As a software developer who has worked at Facebook and Reddit that type of engagement on a post is quite atypical.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5413 on: September 13, 2022, 08:39:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree that people need to want to help themselves  and you can't help someone who is in denial but the TK situation is somewhat different as he demonstrated clear cognitive decline/schizophrenia.If you go to the beginning of this thread , most of the IG post by TK which are deleted now show TK unravelling .....he stops taking care of his personal hygiene ,lost muscle mass, his clothing becomes dingy /not washed , he is on IG live at 2 am smoking meth with that weird white lady, he started getting into weird conspiracy ideas anyone remember his post about being German, "1st black native and claiming he is Jewish. It only get more melancholic when TK on IG put a "hit" on his wife Sarah and would post photos of his family in happier times but by then his kids and wife left him.Other than Gator (fuck him) I can't recall another pro whose downward spiral can match TK in darkness and tragedy. If you look at the analytics of this thread , its fucked to say that the skateboarding community was really engaged with this thread ....5411 posts and 700,000 views. As a software developer who has worked at Facebook and Reddit that type of engagement on a post is quite atypical.

Hes not schizophrenic,  we concluded that he was mentally unhealthy, but still put out skate clips so he had some level of self control.   I don't think it's a good idea to stereotype people who use drugs.  TK decline IMO was due to his unattended anger management, that escalated into murder, people do this senseless killing shit all the time in the hood.   

also just because you work for incel energy companies doesn't make you an armchair psycho analyst

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5415 on: December 02, 2022, 05:46:00 PM »
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20221202/pro-skateboarder-terry-kennedy-acquitted-of-murdering-wheaton-man-convicted-of-battery

Huh.

I think the fact that they charged him with FIRST degree was the problem — they had to argue a pre-meditated intent to kill.

They should’ve charged him with second degree or manslaughter to get him for the killing.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #5416 on: December 02, 2022, 06:39:18 PM »
So bizarre of just battery. Should have been manslaughter. What time would he be looking like now?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5417 on: December 02, 2022, 06:57:20 PM »
I can't believe TK isn't going to prison for murder. But instead, it seems he will be going to jail for battery.

I wonder what effect this whole experience had on him. I wonder if he will take the new lease on life to make amends for killing this dude or if he will spiral even further out of control when he gets out. I also wonder who is going to associate with TK after he gets out.

I also wonder how the family/friends reacted to this. I also wonder he if has any assets that can be taken in the coming civil suits.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 12:52:11 PM by TheLurper »

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #5418 on: December 02, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »
I can’t believe this shit man , Chicago skate community lost a real one , I personally lost a friend. This isn’t Justice , I’m at a loss for words at how infuriating this verdict is.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #5419 on: December 03, 2022, 12:26:48 AM »
I can’t believe this shit man , Chicago skate community lost a real one , I personally lost a friend. This isn’t Justice , I’m at a loss for words at how infuriating this verdict is.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I hope there will be justice for your friend somehow even though the justice system once again failed.

I wonder what the thinking on behalf of the prosecutor was. From the outside, it sure looks like they took a gamble with the 1st degree charge to make a name for themselves with a high-profile case instead of charging him with what actually happened (which would've been a safe conviction). If that's what's happened, that's abhorrent.

adumb

• Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5420 on: December 03, 2022, 06:19:12 AM »
He's in the system now. Hard to get out. He'll fuck up again and chances are better than not he will end up spending the rest of his life in and out of facilities. Terry Kennedy most certainly off Baker.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #5421 on: December 03, 2022, 06:42:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hes not schizophrenic,  we concluded that he was mentally unhealthy, but still put out skate clips so he had some level of self control.   I don't think it's a good idea to stereotype people who use drugs.  TK decline IMO was due to his unattended anger management, that escalated into murder, people do this senseless killing shit all the time in the hood.   

also just because you work for incel energy companies doesn't make you an armchair psycho analyst

I don't know how you think you and some internet buddies are fit to diagnose this man but uhhh you didn't conclude shit buddy

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5422 on: December 03, 2022, 07:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know how you think you and some internet buddies are fit to diagnose this man but uhhh you didn't conclude shit buddy

Ed Gein was insane because he never hard posted a back lip at the local park
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5423 on: December 03, 2022, 08:39:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Buddy we concluded he is on the spectrum of cognitive decline but didnt concluded on the mental health disorder

Horrible news of the acquittal

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #5424 on: December 03, 2022, 08:46:13 AM »
I’m legitimately shocked the murder charge didn’t stick.

How much time you think he’s gonna get?  10 years?  He needs to be in a mental facility.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5425 on: December 03, 2022, 12:50:55 PM »

How much time you think he’s gonna get?  10 years?  He needs to be in a mental facility.

I can't understand this legal writing, but from my quick reading it seems the weakest punishment bracket for aggravated battery is a: minimum of 6 years and a maximum of 45 years.

I suppose we will have to wait for the sentencing hearing, but I imagine they aren't going to go easy on him. Despite beating the murder charge, TK is probably still completely fucked and could spend many decades in prison.

What a horrible end to the TK story: A skater from Illinois losing his life over TK throwing a temper tantrum about needing to get to the airport. TK threw away all of the opportunities skateboarding gave him, he could have been a great/problematic success story, but instead he will go down in history as one of skateboardings biggest monsters.

If someone has experience reading legal documents maybe you can figure out what is going on here:
https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=072000050HArt%2E+12%2C+Subdiv%2E+5&ActID=1876&ChapterID=53&SeqStart=21300000&SeqEnd=23400000

« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 01:01:16 PM by TheLurper »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #5426 on: December 03, 2022, 01:04:04 PM »

They kind of messed up going for Murder instead of like involuntary manslaughter. First Degree means he planned it out and thought about it, but from what I’ve read it seems it was an argument that got heated and it wasn’t his punch that killed him but hitting his head after the punch. Either way, it’s tragic and he deserves time in prison

aiden

« Reply #5427 on: December 03, 2022, 10:30:24 PM »
"intent to kill" doesn't matter, he killed a man and should be held accountable for it, whether it was accidental or not
play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #5428 on: December 04, 2022, 10:37:56 AM »
"intent to kill" doesn't matter, he killed a man and should be held accountable for it, whether it was accidental or not
He should be held accountable, but when it comes to charging someone with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder there are differentiations and whoever went for the 1st degree charged messed up. If they’d gone for a lesser charge he’d more than likely have been found guilty of that instead of just guilty of two charges of aggravated battery.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5429 on: December 04, 2022, 12:59:06 PM »

Intent to kill does matter when it comes to the court of law. Whoever went for “first degree” should have known better and went for “second degree.”

Second degree is easier to convict as lawyers just have to prove the culprit intended to harm the person in the heat of the moment which ultimately led to a death. That charge would’ve stuck and TK would’ve been facing 25-to-life WITH possibility of parole plus the time added for aggravated battery.

TK does need to be held accountable and I have a feeling with no friends in a IL prison system, accountability might be handled within those walls.