Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 765752 times)

Fuuuuuuu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5100 on: August 02, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »
Has any pro posted/commented anything on this?
Dustin Dollin hopped on a live stream Habibi was running from Terry’s account. He said people should get behind anyone trying to help Terry fix his shit.

This was before Josiah died and Habibi wiped out Terry’s post history though.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #5101 on: August 02, 2021, 12:51:58 PM »
Habibi is on the run dodging his family members friends etc…

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #5102 on: August 02, 2021, 01:13:33 PM »
Habibi is on the run dodging his family members friends etc…

Green light
The Man From The Place Of Clay

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1523
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5103 on: August 02, 2021, 01:49:39 PM »
This is tragic and only more so, because there is literally nothing that can be done in the future to prevent this. I have a similar lunatic in my extended family (he's not on social media, though) and all I can do is keep the fuck away and let his enablers take the eventual downfall. A person so deeply disturbed cannot be helped if that person does not want help. How would you get someone hospitalized for life if they are just walking the thin line between threats and assault?

The only solution is for the first unfortunate victim to survive and let that be either the final nail in the coffin or a turning point for the perpetrator. But these people cannot stop an assault as it happens, they are driven by unnatural rage.

Hopefully, one day these kinds of disorders can be accurately diagnosed by a brain scan and these people get the help the need.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #5104 on: August 02, 2021, 02:26:12 PM »
“Yes yes I made fun of Terry Kennedy’s mental illness in the past, and due to recent events, I won’t do it anymore, but I don’t feel bad about doing it in the past.”

Fucking clowns.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #5105 on: August 02, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »
I have the fundraiser for Josiah link in my signature. Let's boost it while his family is sorting things out & see what else we can do to help. I think it's the least we can do. TK is of course the responsible person, but our online behavior in this thread has been pretty fucked. I know I slipped into a teenage mindset & made fun out of TK's spiral. None of us conspired what he ended up doing, but I am personally disappointed in myself for how I viewed what's now the inevitable. Online behavior like this eventually reaches the person struggling, & I can only imagine all the jokes we routinely made reached TK and made his situation that much worse. Who knows how things would've turned out if this sort of spectacle never happened on here. SLAP is a critical forum for skate gossip.

I don't want to guilt-trip anyone and I am sorry if I am doing that despite my caution. I really don't know of an eloquent way to put all this. There's so many threads that have made a big joke out of people going through some really dark shit. Many PALS have said this long before me. I should've known better. This shit was hilarious to me and now I am ashamed. A kid's life is cut short.

I'm sorry to make a very dark moment that much darker, but I want to do what I can to see that this doesn't happen again on SLAP. I'm not online too often these days, but I'll do what I can to confront a dangerous thread when it starts. Perhaps some of you feel the same & I think that would be awesome. Maybe we can learn from this as a bunch of internet geeks & say 'no, let's not make a spectacle out of shit like this.' And the threads can get locked or deleted before they even start to grow.

So I'm sorry this is very longwinded, but let's keep passing around the fundraiser link & do our best to stop the online schadenfreude that happened in this thread.

This.

/thread ?

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #5106 on: August 02, 2021, 03:05:11 PM »
this thread bout to be all over CourtTV

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5107 on: August 02, 2021, 03:14:13 PM »
This is tragic and only more so, because there is literally nothing that can be done in the future to prevent this. I have a similar lunatic in my extended family (he's not on social media, though) and all I can do is keep the fuck away and let his enablers take the eventual downfall. A person so deeply disturbed cannot be helped if that person does not want help. How would you get someone hospitalized for life if they are just walking the thin line between threats and assault?

The only solution is for the first unfortunate victim to survive and let that be either the final nail in the coffin or a turning point for the perpetrator. But these people cannot stop an assault as it happens, they are driven by unnatural rage.

Hopefully, one day these kinds of disorders can be accurately diagnosed by a brain scan and these people get the help the need.

This all over man. I too have a family member who's severely manic/mentally ill. They're also very much deep into the hustling/gang lifestyle and it's honestly not a 'just talk your friends and family' or 'let me find you some help' kind of deal. Some people are even well aware they're going out of their mind but will just plow right on anyway because help isn't a thought in their lifestyle/culture. This isn't me trying to rationalise TK's actions btw, hopefully he gets exactly what he deserves.

Deepest condolences to Josiah's friends and family. This should and hopefully will hang heavy in the skateboarding community and some kind of lesson needs to be learnt by the industry and slap alike, this website still opens my eyes to a lot of stuff tbh. I wish I could see more skaters sharing the gofund me though.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #5108 on: August 02, 2021, 03:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Slap posters make fun of one guy for 150 pages and act shocked guy blows up. This place is a shithole
[close]

it's our fault. Website tk has definitely not seen or thought about in years. Thank You dude! go make giddy 12 you fucking clown a man is dead

Re activated to notify you that you most definitely need an appointment for untreated dyslexia my dude. Cheers for the reddit downvotes and good to see so many pieces of shit try to justify the years of bullying that went on in this thread. Guess the internet warped us all into complete desensitized mongs

Don’t bother typing your snarky focus one liners btw it’s already taken care of

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #5109 on: August 02, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »
“Yes yes I made fun of Terry Kennedy’s mental illness in the past, and due to recent events, I won’t do it anymore, but I don’t feel bad about doing it in the past.”

Fucking clowns.

Ding ding. Fuck this shithole

k-nutz

• Rep: 53
« Reply #5110 on: August 02, 2021, 04:09:07 PM »
Expand Quote

Fucking clowns.
[close]

What's the picture in your signature supposed to mean? Are you making fun of somebody?  DO YOU KNOW HOW AWFUL THAT IS? And on the internet of all places. I am clutching my pearls.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #5111 on: August 02, 2021, 04:27:44 PM »
Just got charged with First degree murder
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5112 on: August 02, 2021, 04:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fucking clowns.
[close]

[close]

What's the picture in your signature supposed to mean? Are you making fun of somebody?  DO YOU KNOW HOW AWFUL THAT IS? And on the internet of all places. I am clutching my pearls.
so problematic

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5113 on: August 02, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »
So wtf was TK doing in a motel in the Chicago suburbs beating people half his age to death?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #5114 on: August 02, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fucking clowns.
[close]

[close]

Also making fun of someone because of their perceived dyslexia.  Looking forward to baguettes apology post after Burberry commits a school shooting due to all the slap bullying about his spiky hair
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

SourPatch MOY

• Rep: -30
« Reply #5115 on: August 02, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »
Get rid of this thread mods…give this guy no attention at all.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #5116 on: August 02, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »
So wtf was TK doing in a motel in the Chicago suburbs beating people half his age to death?

This is my question. This is unreal.

There is a gofundme for Josiah’s family pinned on the UWTB page. Rest in peace, young man.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #5117 on: August 02, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »
As someone whose been in and out of mental hospitals, to me the signs were very clear that tk is 100% deranged and capable of hurting himself/others.

I don’t think anyone should feel guilty for saying shalom or this thread. Can’t diagnose someone thru a computer screen but chances are tk had a fucked up child hood, wasn’t educated, got shot (insanely traumatizing for the Brain) then basically became a mini celebrity and then watched it all crash.

Unfortunately someone like tk should’ve gone the dave chapelle route, take the money from bet buy some land in Ohio and peace out but Dave chapelle is wayyy more educated than tk and never got shot

Tk ended up around people like habibi, probably constantly filling his head with gang shit and telling him he’s a “superstar” and “can do anything”

tk problems probably just as much psychological(thoughts and words) as physiological (chemical and tissue).  Who knows what drugs he was taking on top of all this. Maybe people like nakel will take this as a warning to stop glorifying murdering and gang shit with music and grow the fuck up

SHRED IN PEACE JOSIAH

@cherry Somewhat insightful commentary but that comment about Nakel you snuck in at the end was v sus.
How is Nakel glorifying murder/gang shit tho? Is that the default interpretation for an angry black man who makes rap these days?

"All the days we was pressed for the rent  / put pressure on me as a child when I needed to do my shit / Just a young nigga out living wild / No gun and still made all of this" - 3rd last track on A Dream No Longer Deferred

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #5118 on: August 02, 2021, 04:48:16 PM »
I never once understood the pervasive nature of this thread and how a lot of you PALS made posts with subtle racist jabs and not-so-subtle attacks on the deteriorating mental health of this guy. Now, what seems like the inevitable occurs and the lot of you are on here spilling out half assed apologies and acting as if you weren’t fully complicit in the vitriol of hate and negativity that comprised 150+ pages of this God forsaken thread.

A lot of the gatekeeping going on in this place is absolutely fucked and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. I would suggest that the mods get a tally of the most frequent posters on this thread and focus their accounts. I guarantee all of them are posting now about how horrible the situation is and how none of them saw any of this coming.

This place is so dusted and if High Speed had an ounce of accountability they would shut down the boards immediately. I’ll follow Heckride because I appreciate what Monkey is doing with that, but ultimately, fuck Slap. Kook me all you want I’m focusing.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #5119 on: August 02, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »

In IL aggravated manslaughter is 3-7 yrs—I looked it up.

That is not enough so the prosecutor is charging first degree. They probably can’t prove 1st degree but it sends a message.

Wonder if he will be stuck in IL doing his bid. That would be bad news for Terry. No one will visit him and he’ll have no affiliations. Serves him right...

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5120 on: August 02, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
this is fucking wild

i think it's a little bit misguided to blame all of this on some type of mental illness. is there any solid proof of this alleged illness? i don't think you can diagnose mental illness strictly from him posting weird shit on instagram. is it possible that tk just reverted to an old mindset after the sponsor checks stopped coming in?

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #5121 on: August 02, 2021, 05:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In IL aggravated manslaughter is 3-7 yrs—I looked it up.

That is not enough so the prosecutor is charging first degree. They probably can’t prove 1st degree but it sends a message.

Wonder if he will be stuck in IL doing his bid. That would be bad news for Terry. No one will visit him and he’ll have no affiliations. Serves him right...

his charge changed to 1st degree murder after the medical examiner's office ruled Josiah's death as a homicide

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5122 on: August 02, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
Just imagine its 2006/7. Baker 3’s out, things in that world are firing. TK is the incredibly friendly if quirky personality living the dream.

Antuan Dixon is beginning to spiral, face tattoo’s, fights, chaos, faded constantly with the ever present hood backround and ganglife.

Now someone asks you whos more likely to ruin everything and sit in prison on a murder charge TK or Twuan.

What a time to be alive.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5123 on: August 02, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
I never once understood the pervasive nature of this thread and how a lot of you PALS made posts with subtle racist jabs and not-so-subtle attacks on the deteriorating mental health of this guy. Now, what seems like the inevitable occurs and the lot of you are on here spilling out half assed apologies and acting as if you weren’t fully complicit in the vitriol of hate and negativity that comprised 150+ pages of this God forsaken thread.

A lot of the gatekeeping going on in this place is absolutely fucked and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. I would suggest that the mods get a tally of the most frequent posters on this thread and focus their accounts. I guarantee all of them are posting now about how horrible the situation is and how none of them saw any of this coming.

This place is so dusted and if High Speed had an ounce of accountability they would shut down the boards immediately. I’ll follow Heckride because I appreciate what Monkey is doing with that, but ultimately, fuck Slap. Kook me all you want I’m focusing.

Yeah, fuck everyone who thought this was ever funny at any point, or thought it was funny but is now apologizing for not predicting he would murder.

My question for you is if you thought this thread was wack or racist, why didn’t you speak out before?

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 62
  • energy vampire
« Reply #5124 on: August 02, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »

TK on death row

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5125 on: August 02, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »
I knew staying out of this thread for 170 pages was a good idea.

And knew exactly when to step in and say 'I told you so' apparently, even though you didn't

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5126 on: August 02, 2021, 05:41:55 PM »
Tragic incident and it's a shame that this is where it led to and a young man has lost his life

The moral grandstanding is a bit much though fellas, don't make it about you. Slap did not contribute to this young person's death and there was nothing anyone here could have done to prevent it.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5127 on: August 02, 2021, 06:03:39 PM »
Wow charging him with first degree means they have evidence that he planned it prior, not that he just lost his cool in the moment. Fuckin monster.

TheDingus

« Reply #5128 on: August 02, 2021, 06:04:44 PM »
Tragic incident and it's a shame that this is where it led to and a young man has lost his life

The moral grandstanding is a bit much though fellas, don't make it about you. Slap did not contribute to this young person's death and there was nothing anyone here could have done to prevent it.

You don’t think he looked at this? And if he did it didn’t effect him? It doesn’t take much to be pushed over the edge once you’re teetering on it.
Trust me, I know.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5129 on: August 02, 2021, 06:08:38 PM »
pro skaters with the last name "kennedy" are fucking up