Author Topic: ManolosTapes fires shots at TJ?  (Read 33115 times)

conqueso

Re: ManolosTapes fires shots at TJ?
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
its pretty clear he didn't go over it

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »
Scrutinizing the can nollie flip might be less regular if he had put it in his video part. But he didn’t. He put it in a random minute long edit on Thrasher, probably because it wasn’t clean enough for Blessed. It’s still insane and NBD. But I know all of yall woulda just deleted that shit if you did it right because it was shifty.

FROTHY

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:40 PM »
Its an age old argument made with fire hydrants.   If you say...180 ollied it and your tail or nose is to "the side" of the obstacle, and sits lower than the top of said obstacle.....you didn't actually go over the top.  So take the clip....go a couple frames back from the one already posted in this thread.....and you'll see as posted here.....his nose isn't going over the top of the damn trash can.

I'd actually argue that there's nothing to argue about.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »

you can see in this photo that the can is over knee high. his stucked knees and deck are no way bigger than the can. come on

you can also tell that the can in this photo is larger than the little ones pictured above. sure its not as big as a love can but its not tiny by any stretch

The lens is so wide angle that you can't make any conclusions based on that.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »
Scrutinizing the can nollie flip might be less regular if he had put it in his video part. But he didn’t. He put it in a random minute long edit on Thrasher, probably because it wasn’t clean enough for Blessed. It’s still insane and NBD. But I know all of yall woulda just deleted that shit if you did it right because it was shifty.
Some pros might. There are a few who are insanely particular about what they put out and will remove crazy tricks if they tic-tac the landing for example. It all depends. I've heard Pops was pretty crazy about what he would let in his mosiac part, which makes it funny that he's backing Manolo.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
I don't appreciate the negative connotation you seem to be placing on my name. Don't make me  Slap a slap pal Bronx style son.
Also, who wants any female even remotely associated with Jayden Smith.
Also, if Bill would've just filmed it normal, this would be a non issue.
Also, that "trash can" is just the metal outer, without the plastic trash can, which adds another 4" easily.
Also, who cares. We all used to jump up and down on sideways trash cans at Pulaski, just so we could shifty any tricks over them. Anything to appear even close to the pop Shawn Mullendore had. I saw him Ollie a VW Cabriolet with my own eyes. Still the king of pop to me.
In conclusion, it's all fat Bills fault. Confirmed

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »
What do we call this?

Cangate?
Bronxgate?
Premegate?
America's Next Top Model?

'noloflip

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't appreciate the negative connotation you seem to be placing on my name. Don't make me  Slap a slap pal Bronx style son.
Also, who wants any female even remotely associated with Jayden Smith.
Also, if Bill would've just filmed it normal, this would be a non issue.
Also, that "trash can" is just the metal outer, without the plastic trash can, which adds another 4" easily.
Also, who cares. We all used to jump up and down on sideways trash cans at Pulaski, just so we could shifty any tricks over them. Anything to appear even close to the pop Shawn Mullendore had. I saw him Ollie a VW Cabriolet with my own eyes. Still the king of pop to me.
In conclusion, it's all fat Bills fault. Confirmed

Reynolds is my favorite skater bruh I fuck with shifty flips

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »
What do we call this?

Cangate?
Bronxgate?
Premegate?
America's Next Top Model?

Trashgate

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
Backing Manolo. Fuck those kooks. Man, I hate all of them and their embarrassing social media ganging up shit. Fat kook is probably one of the worst people ever. The inflatedness I see in his fat face as he rim jobs all these little kids is really something else. Go post more stories about people crying over your shitty overhyped video you fucking embarrassing kook.

AGREED. Must've been an odd experience being @ a premiere with 1,000 + dudes watching Sean Pablo roll up to a wall-ride in slow mo for 50 seconds. Euro Tm can confirm 10 out of the 1,000 in the room were forced to leave the closet after that video, couldnt hide their rock hard boners any longer
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:52:17 PM by ShredLaw »

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »

barely relevant, but that's a regular nyc trash can. its just the metal mesh.

i don't recommend puking in them.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

barely relevant, but that's a regular nyc trash can. its just the metal mesh.

i don't recommend puking in them.
I only puke in olympic regulation sized trash cans. Fax.

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »
It would be impossible to go over that with a straight nollie flip.  you'd have to be going Mach 7 and nollie flip from 6 feet away from the start of the can.  i'm more embarrassed for the instagram poster, the way he's backpeddling and replying to everyone trying to justify that shitty comparison and act like he meant something different. 

clientnt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
What the fuck is a whokid?

A fucking jackass

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
Clearly the only solution is to fly a New York garbage can out to L.A.  Really no getting around it.

Alternatively, detailed measurements could be sent.  The garbage can would then be carefully reconstructed under the strict supervison of a New York skater.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2018, 07:56:26 PM »
Clearly the only solution is to fly a New York garbage can out to L.A.  Really no getting around it.

Alternatively, detailed measurements could be sent.  The garbage can would then be carefully reconstructed under the strict supervison of a New York skater.

I’ll ship an LA slapper an authentic NYC trash can in return for a picnic table. I’ve never really understood them. Growing up watching videos I assumed they’re regular picnic table size but then someone said they are mini.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2018, 08:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ll ship an LA slapper an authentic NYC trash can in return for a picnic table. I’ve never really understood them. Growing up watching videos I assumed they’re regular picnic table size but then someone said they are mini.

Why you trying to trade brown rice for dried beans?

And yes, they’re like picnic tables for kindergartens. Full size ones in LA are usually blue, and mondo.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And yes, they’re like picnic tables for kindergartens. Full size ones in LA are usually blue, and mondo.

This kinda changes everything. They look like full size tables on film.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2018, 08:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah most of the picnic tables that go on film are usually from elementary schools which is as small as they get. It doesn't take away from how gnarly some of the tricks are but I can see how it can be looked as deceiving. There are however some that are legit high. This table that Julian Davidson ollies is an adult size lunch table from Crenshaw High.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:16:28 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Beady

« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »

Here you go - trash can measurements can be found on this page - https://www.betterbin.nyc/resources/

Get to work!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2018, 10:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Here you go - trash can measurements can be found on this page - https://www.betterbin.nyc/resources/

Get to work!
I can make this,anyone with a poppy non shifty nollie flip want to try it out in the Orange County area get at me.

*not liable for injury
**not liable for any criticism

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

First off, what the hell does “trade brown rice for dried beans” mean?

Second, I’d love to skate one of those tables someday.  They’re such a ubiquitous thing in skate videos and I’ve watched hundreds, maybe thousands, of tricks go down on them.  It’d be interesting to see them in real life and what I’d be able to do on them. 

I’d also like to try one of those bank to bench schoolyard spots.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »
that ollie flip was fucked up any way you draw it... talking shit on it is stupid.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

There’s a video where Greco measures one and it’s exactly 21”, which is actually nothing, that’s not even 2 feet lol. I remember being in the Midwest at the time, and going to measure a picnic table out their at an elementary school and it was like 38-40”. So literally almost double the height of an LA picnic table.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There’s a video where Greco measures one and it’s exactly 21”, which is actually nothing, that’s not even 2 feet lol. I remember being in the Midwest at the time, and going to measure a picnic table out their at an elementary school and it was like 38-40”. So literally almost double the height of an LA picnic table.

Whaaat no way. So I could actually skate those things?? Now I need to.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

“Message boards.... m’kay?”  Haha.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2018, 03:31:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

free max b
FREE MAX B

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2018, 03:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

“Message boards.... m’kay?”  Haha.

Mindblown tbh

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
Standing next order to a NY trash can right now. It’s mid-thigh/dick height. Bigger than an LA picnic table apparently

kid casserole

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »
Standing next order to a NY trash can right now. It’s mid-thigh/dick height. Bigger than an LA picnic table apparently

Interesting...bottom line, we need a picture of your dick to sort this all out.  Thanks.