Author Topic: Friend Ship needs your help  (Read 33652 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Friend Ship needs your help
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 06:57:18 AM »
Wow... Idiots actually donate...

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 06:59:10 AM »

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 100
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »
Who paid for the cameras that got stolen? Can´t believe people are actually donating.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »
Fuck Friend Ship.

A few years back I posted a Pixelvision camera I had on IG and Tim Olsen hit me up for it. I agreed to a trade of one fucking skateboard and maybe some shirts (I have another Pixelvision camera of my own, yeah I hoard a lot of thrift store stuff) and sent it off to him in good faith and never got shit. After a few months of weak ass replies about "sorry, dude, I forgot. I'll send you a box this week" I just gave up.

Fuck Friend Ship. I'm glad their shit got stolen. Serves him right.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 10:00:01 AM »
Wow... Idiots actually donate...
Here in Italy there's a motto which says "Idiots mother is always pregnant".

Fred Savage

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 10:04:35 AM »
Fuck Friend Ship.

A few years back I posted a Pixelvision camera I had on IG and Tim Olsen hit me up for it. I agreed to a trade of one fucking skateboard and maybe some shirts (I have another Pixelvision camera of my own, yeah I hoard a lot of thrift store stuff) and sent it off to him in good faith and never got shit. After a few months of weak ass replies about "sorry, dude, I forgot. I'll send you a box this week" I just gave up.

Damn.  That is low. Not very friendly at all. The ship has sunk. Go fund me should only be used for medical emergencies in my opinion .  People  asking for a new camera through it are bottom feeders. Nothing in life is free or fair . Time to grow up timmy

feedmeseymour

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »
and its gone

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 10:21:20 AM »
Costco parking lot guy found the cameras and returned them, so he forgot them and they weren’t stolen?

fs overkrook

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »
Any company that would actually sponsor dan corrigan is the fucking worst shit known to man

thebacker

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2018, 10:31:21 AM »

sooooooooooo what are they going to do with the money

feedmeseymour

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
ive never left my camera gear anywhere by accident ever and i smoke a lot of weed.

you dont just misplace gear that cost thousands, especially in a big ass case like that. this dude is either the biggest idiot ever or full of shit.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2018, 10:42:43 AM »

It looks like they're going to be sending it back, which is mentioned in the post you just fucking made.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2018, 10:49:31 AM »
Fuck Friend Ship.

I'm going to text a screen shot of this too him just to remind him to stop being a tool.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
Fuck Friend Ship.

At first this story sounded a little bit farfetched, but then he posted this and instantly believed you. My guess is he'll keep giving the run around after those 10 days.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
Do they still need my help or is everything OK?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 12:06:04 PM »
something about this company always rubbed me the wrong way.  feels like "True Love Collective" 2.0
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

feedmeseymour

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »
Any company that would actually sponsor dan corrigan is the fucking worst shit known to man

I’m assuming you’ve never met him, so I guess take my word for it. Met him randomly once at my local he was fun to skate and shoot the shit with. He is also good and really consistent.

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

Lol. That guy is probably one of the worst fucking suggestions on IG I get on my shit. He is the epitome of someone who is so freakishly good at doing skateboard tricks but at the same time, the grossest most forgettable, almost annoying skateboarder I've come across in a long while. Kids these days love him.

Perfect example of skateboarding in 2018 TBCH.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • the moon rules
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
something about this company always rubbed me the wrong way.  feels like "True Love Collective" 2.0
As someone that was involved with True Love Collective all I have to say is “ouch”. TLC and the guy that owned it did some really shady shit. You also have to be a real blockhead to leave your camera gear in that parking lot unattended
fuck you bama

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck Friend Ship.

[close]

At first this story sounded a little bit farfetched, but then he posted this and instantly believed you. My guess is he'll keep giving the run around after those 10 days.

Cameras returned. Better withdraw the funds and shut it down
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
"HELP! i left my camera gear at the spot and when i came back it wasn't there! i need your financial support to fix a mistake made due to my incompetence. pls donate."

incredibly convenient that the initial post never states to potential donors how the setup went missing lol. this guy is very fortunate to have the dumb luck that his stuff was found by an honest security guard who was willing to return found camera gear to someone who left it while trespassing/vandalizing his location.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 03:32:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It looks like they're going to be sending it back, which is mentioned in the post you just fucking made.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 03:36:30 PM »
wait. let me get this straight.

so he forgot his cameras a a spot, and his first inclination was not to drive back there, but to go to a computer, create a gofundme, and create a social media campaign? somethin's fucky.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:40:55 PM by shannamal »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m assuming you’ve never met him, so I guess take my word for it. Met him randomly once at my local he was fun to skate and shoot the shit with. He is also good and really consistent.

When Dan Corrigan was on 1031 with Cyril Jackson of all people, they skated a demo in a indoor skatepark in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I was sitting at the deck of a qp with some friends, Dan Corrigan is about to drop in, and absolutely not kidding he rips a giant wet fucking fart right in front of me and my friends. I'm talking inches from our faces. He skated non stop and didn't miss a trick, but I never liked this guy because of that.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »

so he forgot his cameras a a spot, and his first inclination was not to drive back there, but to go to a computer, create a gofundme, and create a social media campaign? somethin's fucky.

This. And he already withdrew the funds from the campaign?? How the hell does that work?? So he can just keep that account completely dry and keep stringing everyone on that donated.

Unless I am misunderstanding how all of this works, something really sucks with this whole plot.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »

When Dan Corrigan was on 1031 with Cyril Jackson of all people, they skated a demo in a indoor skatepark in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I was sitting at the deck of a qp with some friends, Dan Corrigan is about to drop in, and absolutely not kidding he rips a giant wet fucking fart right in front of me and my friends. I'm talking inches from our faces. He skated non stop and didn't miss a trick, but I never liked this guy because of that.

that was a showing of great trust. it means he is comfortable around you and desires your friendship.

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
Registered just so I could toss in a few cents.
I skated with Tim off and on for years during the 90s.  The only thing I can say is that I've never trusted him much, and this whole thing set off my alarm bells.  You know that guy who acts cool to you one minute, then, shit talks you to everyone else as soon as you're gone?  Or the guy who you will skate with 3x/week all summer, then you can't seem to reach him for a session so you wonder why the fuck he's avoiding your messages, and the next time you see him out, he's with a bunch of dudes he was shit talking to you about but now, he's vibing you as if you're the asshole so he can look cool to his new buds and you're clueless as to what the fuck changed along the way to make him act like a grade-A dick?

Yeah, that's why I didn't think this was real from the get-go.  Sorry to the suckers who actually gave money who are going to wait weeks to get it back, if ever.  Some people are always just looking out for themselves and have their shitty image to maintain, and shouldn't be trusted.  I can't imagine what his ego is like now that he's gotten to rub boners with Borra a few times, god, it has to be insufferable.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
All I see this as is a quick way to get a 1000 dollar loan that he can hold at the very least for 10 days until he has to pay it back if ever. The original campaign was for 4500 and it got taken down coincidentally a little after this thread was made. But yeah all this is really fishy. The fact that he had to publicly post the guy that "found it" then quickly post a "Look guys I'm going to pay you back" post right afterwards just screams "This is not what it looks like".

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:46:03 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 04:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This. And he already withdrew the funds from the campaign?? How the hell does that work?? So he can just keep that account completely dry and keep stringing everyone on that donated.

Unless I am misunderstanding how all of this works, something really sucks with this whole plot.

Yea, this whole scenario is suspect.

Does anyone know how long the GoFundMe was up?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »
fuck this guy.

aint no way that money is being refunded