Author Topic: Insoles?  (Read 15463 times)

TooManyPros

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Insoles?
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 08:23:29 AM »
+1 for Footprint Gamechangers, I use them in everything (well, almost, just not the new NB# 913s, if I put them in there is no room and I feel like I'm going to pop out of the shoe.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2019, 01:25:27 AM »
+1 for Footprint Gamechangers, I use them in everything (well, almost, just not the new NB# 913s, if I put them in there is no room and I feel like I'm going to pop out of the shoe.

Do people put game changers over the existing insoles in shoes. I always thought they are a total replacement.

I've gone totally regular obsessed with shoes and insoles at the moment. Im in my 40's and my 30+ years of skating my feet are beginning to give me shit.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do people put game changers over the existing insoles in shoes. I always thought they are a total replacement.

I've gone totally regular obsessed with shoes and insoles at the moment. Im in my 40's and my 30+ years of skating my feet are beginning to give me shit.

Using another insole over original ones sounds like a bad idea, they could leave your ankle way too high on the shoe and prone to twist.

RichardAsh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2021, 06:40:57 AM »
Being an older skateboarder, I’ve had bouts with chronic joint and heel pain from wearing bad skate shoes and the injuries I sustained over the years. These Old Bones skate shoe insoles are packed with awesome features that are a cut above the rest. I know I can rely on these to look after my safety and comfort as well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2021, 06:01:57 AM »
What’s everyone rocking these days? Thinking about some reminds but not sure which version is for cup and which is for vulc? Anyone run remind medics?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2021, 06:38:57 AM »
What’s everyone rocking these days? Thinking about some reminds but not sure which version is for cup and which is for vulc? Anyone run remind medics?
I have medics in my nb 440. Only skated them two times so far, but they feel good.

I had never heard of old bones before, and when I Bing'ed them I stumbled on these:
https://www.milosport.com/products/vans-pop-cush-v3-insole-in-purple

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2021, 08:25:42 AM »
I like to skate my shoes until the soles are blown out. So I epoxied a pair of eS STI insoles on top of Dr. Scholl’s thin gel insoles. When vulcs start to get worn down/mushy and hurt my feet, I pop in the aforementioned insoles and everything feels good again.  ;D

Yep that is definitely a good way of doing things.

When travelling and visiting various stores over the years and so many people complained about the new Vans insoles, I would always tell them to put the mushed out insoles from your old shoes into the new Vans shoes, which for most people stop their feet getting bad blisters, as well as having a better board feel experience from day one.

Then (similarly to what you do) once the shoes are wearing thin, put the new insoles back in and the shoes will feel like they have a second life.  Totally blew some minds, but it worked well, not just in Vans shoes, but many others too.

I am still running insoles from TNT2 and similar era (2005 - 2011) Vans pro shoes, which just last so well and feel way more comfortable than the newer ones, but that is just me.

It frustrates me the number of times people have gone to throw out shoes (insoles included) that are still ok, when they should have kept the insoles, even put them through the wash or just left out in the sun or spray with disinfectant and are good to go again - obviously not all insoles, but many will last well enough in quite a few pairs of shoes.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »
Anybody have any info on the G6 insoles that emerica sells separately? As thick as last years popcush?

I use the gamechangers in cup soles
But right now I’m skating
Popcush from rowans in last resort, after removing the glued in last resort insole.

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2021, 08:35:27 AM »
I've got a few pairs of gamechangers, but can't find anything but the low-profile ones. (3mm instead of 5mm thick)

Has anyone had experience skating the low-profile version, and are they worth it? Blazers hurt my feet so I'm trying to see if these will help but i worry 3mm is too thin for vulcs that are already pretty thin

I had to fight so hard to get FP to ship me anything...ordered one low-profile pair and took 3 emails over a month to get them to actually drop off the damn package at USPS. Tried to order a second pair of the 5mm ones, and it took them weeks to tell me they were out of stock. Gave me the option of replacing my order with low-profile insoles, but i told them no just wait for the 5mm...and then they shipped me another pair of low-profiles anyway...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2021, 08:47:28 AM »
I've got a few pairs of gamechangers, but can't find anything but the low-profile ones. (3mm instead of 5mm thick)

Has anyone had experience skating the low-profile version, and are they worth it? Blazers hurt my feet so I'm trying to see if these will help but i worry 3mm is too thin for vulcs that are already pretty thin

I had to fight so hard to get FP to ship me anything...ordered one low-profile pair and took 3 emails over a month to get them to actually drop off the damn package at USPS. Tried to order a second pair of the 5mm ones, and it took them weeks to tell me they were out of stock. Gave me the option of replacing my order with low-profile insoles, but i told them no just wait for the 5mm...and then they shipped me another pair of low-profiles anyway...

I had bought a few of the different options from a local distributor for a shop here in AU, not so much to sell but more to test and see what worked and what didn't.  By combining a couple of the thinner ones, or playing a bit of mix and match, most of the thicker ones worked well on their own, but the low profile or thinner ones were just too thin to use comfortably on their own, but worked well enough over the top of some of the factory glued down insoles in shoes like the Vans classics.

Might not work well in all situations, but getting some of the cheaper $2 flat footbed laytex insoles from the supermarket worked well under the thinner ones too, or in cases where the shoe blows out a bit and is loose on your foot, adding a pair of these helps make a shoe snug again.

They look like this:

https://ikrorwxhkimlln5p.ldycdn.com/cloud/lnBqiKijRlmSmpqnkqop/25-xiao.gif

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2021, 08:52:07 AM »
Yea that's a good call - could even stack two of the lows for a thick insole...might do that instead of begging them to send me my next order ha

Expand Quote

[close]

I had bought a few of the different options from a local distributor for a shop here in AU, not so much to sell but more to test and see what worked and what didn't.  By combining a couple of the thinner ones, or playing a bit of mix and match, most of the thicker ones worked well on their own, but the low profile or thinner ones were just too thin to use comfortably on their own, but worked well enough over the top of some of the factory glued down insoles in shoes like the Vans classics.

Might not work well in all situations, but getting some of the cheaper $2 flat footbed laytex insoles from the supermarket worked well under the thinner ones too, or in cases where the shoe blows out a bit and is loose on your foot, adding a pair of these helps make a shoe snug again.

They look like this:

https://ikrorwxhkimlln5p.ldycdn.com/cloud/lnBqiKijRlmSmpqnkqop/25-xiao.gif

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
- Etnies STI insoles - they come in Marana, Joslin, Joslin 2
- State Footwear - standard insoles that come in their vulcs. Dense, cushiony, and a solid more comfortable (imo) alternative to pop cush.
- Emerica G6 insoles- they come in a variety of their vulc and cup models, so I've saved a few. These have a noticeable arch support where Etnies STI has much less, so that's something to note for desired comfort if you use these
- Nike SB Dunks - the ones that came in the thinner versions of dunks. More pliable, but cushioned than the traditional zoom insoles they use.

I rotate all of these in models I skate/weer regularly. If I'm skating etnies, I keep em stock with the STI insoles.

Been itching to try FP tho
Super Champion Fun Zone

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2023, 05:23:21 PM »
Reviving a dead thread here but has anyone tried out the https://oldbonestherapy.com/products/shock-absorbing-foot-insoles?

Some others I know have had those ones and loved them.

I guess it is just down to what your feet are like and what the insoles do for your feet.

Same with shoes, as a style of shoe might be perfect for me but horrible for you.

Insoles should be a little easier to make work though, especially the cut to size / fit sort.  Just don't cut them too small to start with.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2023, 10:37:42 AM »
These are my new go-to. I'm old and overweight but I can still skate Chuck Taylors by swapping out the stock insoles for these.

https://theinsolestore.com/products/birkenstock-birko-active-arch-support-insoles

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2023, 12:19:45 PM »
For mid arch feet: Gamechanger Customs or Kingfoam Orthotics? What's the difference? And if either is better, why?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2023, 01:39:13 PM »
Any of the high density foam insoles for walking, hiking, or running with a good heel cup/padding is better than FP in most cases. Birkenstock, Sole, Superfeet, etc.

Monolithic Flick

• Rep: 3
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2023, 02:35:36 PM »
Being an older skateboarder, I’ve had bouts with chronic joint and heel pain from wearing bad skate shoes and the injuries I sustained over the years. These Old Bones skate shoe insoles are packed with awesome features that are a cut above the rest. I know I can rely on these to look after my safety and comfort as well.

Fellow old man that just wanted to say thanks for this rec.  Definitely seems to have helped with some  heel pain I was experiencing. 

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2023, 03:05:23 PM »
I still swear by these: https://www.hefeluxx.com/products/starter-insoles

Been using the same pair for years, just recently started breaking in a second set. Pretty neutral, basic shape, but they have some other options if you’re looking for more contour. Essentially gives your shoes a Boost midsole.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2023, 09:11:11 PM »
My heel, since I stopped skating 808, is giving me shoes issues that made me consider getting some FP.
I'm between game changers and the elites. Any thoughts about it?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2023, 12:46:12 AM »
My heel, since I stopped skating 808, is giving me shoes issues that made me consider getting some FP.
Maybe I got a bad pair but the elite hi FP insoles gave me a ton of heel pain. They’re hard as a rock and even just skating flat hurt my heels. Haven’t tried the game changers so I can’t speak for those.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2023, 01:04:44 AM »
For higher arches elites, for medium to low arches gamechangers

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2023, 07:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's good Intel, thx G
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2023, 08:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
That's good Intel, thx G
No problem! With medium arch u can also go for elites if you are after more impact protection. I used to skate lot of elites but now with my both arches collapsing i'm slowly switching to gamechangers. Both work great though.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2023, 09:48:35 AM »
Don't bother with FP get a decently designed insole that has firmer, shaped arch support. I don't think a single person I know that has tried Superfeet, Sole, etc has ever gone back to FP. High arch I'd recommend the Run Comfort or Adapt Run Max the former has a more firm heel cup.

What FP is trying to do is put high density foam on top of high density midsole foam. I could see them being great in thinner vulcs or something, but that type of idea hasn't been used in running or other impactful sports in a very long time. Most of the support in those shoes is built into the insole or people use what I've noted above or similar brands.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 09:58:53 AM by LebowskisRug »

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2023, 10:58:48 AM »
Don't bother with FP get a decently designed insole that has firmer, shaped arch support. I don't think a single person I know that has tried Superfeet, Sole, etc has ever gone back to FP. High arch I'd recommend the Run Comfort or Adapt Run Max the former has a more firm heel cup.

What FP is trying to do is put high density foam on top of high density midsole foam. I could see them being great in thinner vulcs or something, but that type of idea hasn't been used in running or other impactful sports in a very long time. Most of the support in those shoes is built into the insole or people use what I've noted above or similar brands.
Do they give good impact support in general? I only like thin vulcs so FPs been great to me so far

LebowskisRug

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2023, 11:05:13 AM »
They have decent foam in the forefoot and heel but the biggest difference is that the support is firmer and braces the joints more, which is more effective than just a ton of foam. Think of the difference between Pop Cush, which is just a bunch of foam, and something like a Tiago which has less total foam but more heel and arch support. I never have heel bruises or issues in them.

I have one ankle that has no ligaments left and I'm 37. I used FP for around a year in Jordan's and other shoes and then tried Superfeet and never looked back for me it's substantially better to brace the arch and heel than just have some sort of malleable foam. I heat molded the FP but never felt they had as good of a support and they reduced boardfeel much more.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2023, 12:51:08 AM »
thoughts ?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2023, 01:43:04 AM »
thoughts ?

Wanted to give them a try but he ships only to US and Canada :(
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2023, 02:28:58 AM »
Expand Quote
thoughts ?

[close]
Wanted to give them a try but he ships only to US and Canada :(

They don't even ship to Canada it seems.

"This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

I'd rather not support another Cali kook dropping bowling balls on an insole as if it's some scientific test that proves anything.

Also you gotta love how he gave his own product a 5 star review...