Author Topic: Insoles?  (Read 15494 times)

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 466
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Insoles?
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2023, 06:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thoughts ?

[close]
Wanted to give them a try but he ships only to US and Canada :(
[close]

They don't even ship to Canada it seems.

"This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

I'd rather not support another Cali kook dropping bowling balls on an insole as if it's some scientific test that proves anything.

Also you gotta love how he gave his own product a 5 star review...

Shoutout to his manicurist, absolutely gorgeous nails.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2023, 10:03:43 AM »
Looks like a firmer version of Dr. Scholls with nothing designed to actually brace the midfoot or heel. I guess if you're just hucking lazer flips down park sets thats all ya need?

Dizzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2023, 11:58:01 AM »
They have decent foam in the forefoot and heel but the biggest difference is that the support is firmer and braces the joints more, which is more effective than just a ton of foam. Think of the difference between Pop Cush, which is just a bunch of foam, and something like a Tiago which has less total foam but more heel and arch support. I never have heel bruises or issues in them.

I have one ankle that has no ligaments left and I'm 37. I used FP for around a year in Jordan's and other shoes and then tried Superfeet and never looked back for me it's substantially better to brace the arch and heel than just have some sort of malleable foam. I heat molded the FP but never felt they had as good of a support and they reduced boardfeel much more.

Interesting bit of Superfeet info here. I have been putting FP kingfoams in my vulc shoes(vulcs only for me :D) for last few years and while this has been a vast improvement over stock insoles, my feet and bone spur'ed up ankles will still get sore after 2-3 hours of skating. Always keeping an eye out for another good insole that would even be better but afraid to spend the money. Maybe I should give those recommended Superfeet high arch insoles a try.

ish_wav

• Rep: 97
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2023, 01:52:25 PM »
Looks like a firmer version of Dr. Scholls with nothing designed to actually brace the midfoot or heel. I guess if you're just hucking lazer flips down park sets thats all ya need?

I preordered a set. He’s actually been working insanely hard on this insole. The final product seems like a cross between an FP kingfoam and a drugstore gel insole. It has similar qualities to an FP (repeatedly passes the bowling ball brick test) but with the comfort of like a Dr Scholls insole. I’m actually super stoked to try these. Shout out Christian.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2023, 02:43:23 PM »
Gotta LOL that the bowling ball test is considered the bar that insoles should be held to. I fully expect to see running and basketball shoe foam tested that way.

Look I admire the work the dude put in, but struggle to believe that it is nearly as exhaustive as that of companies that employ experts in biomechanics and physical therapy that have equipment that can measure force and changes in limb movement to produce products that they can demonstrate positive changes to how the entire body responds to impact.

Christian's insole might dampen what you feel, but due to a lack of support and design that won't change how your joints move and transmit the impact. His testing involves mostly hucking down shit at skateparks and a pretty small sample size so I'm pretty dubious that it is just another "stuff some shit in the shoe" approach that makes a lot of skate shoe and insole design very dated.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 03:52:17 PM by LebowskisRug »

ish_wav

• Rep: 97
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2023, 06:21:22 PM »
Gotta LOL that the bowling ball test is considered the bar that insoles should be held to. I fully expect to see running and basketball shoe foam tested that way.

Look I admire the work the dude put in, but struggle to believe that it is nearly as exhaustive as that of companies that employ experts in biomechanics and physical therapy that have equipment that can measure force and changes in limb movement to produce products that they can demonstrate positive changes to how the entire body responds to impact.

Christian's insole might dampen what you feel, but due to a lack of support and design that won't change how your joints move and transmit the impact. His testing involves mostly hucking down shit at skateparks and a pretty small sample size so I'm pretty dubious that it is just another "stuff some shit in the shoe" approach that makes a lot of skate shoe and insole design very dated.

“Well actually” personified

LebowskisRug

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2023, 07:48:35 PM »
More like "nah dude, I wouldn't waste the money" followed by a poorly edited Consumer Reports review.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2023, 08:21:22 PM »
I mean the guy himself admitted the bowling test doesn't mean anything since he said another brand he didn't like had similar results... So why was he hyping up these gimmicky tests with an unboxing of his precious panes of glass. The whole video seemed so erratic and all over the place I was left with far more questions than answers and it just made it look like he has no idea what he's really doing.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2023, 09:29:37 PM »
He did the same shit as FP- find a supplier or product on AliExpress and have them produce 10k units at $1 a piece to him and then will just bank on lots of skaters not really knowing what else is out there. It's a shitty model.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2023, 03:59:57 AM »
Anyone might have recommendations for completely flat insoles like the ones from Footprint? Preferably 5mm thickness. There come up millions of them when I look at Google and I don't know if any of these 10$ ones are good for skating.
IG: @flowterspace

Number

• Rep: 22
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2023, 08:47:12 AM »
Any recs on a thin insole for slip ons? The ultra cush is a little too tight for me. Looking for a thin flat insole for the skate slips.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2023, 08:58:32 AM »
I bought those Old Bones Therapy brand insoles. I haven’t had the chance to skate them yet, but they made my sk8-lows super comfy to just walk in.

Number

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2023, 09:01:14 AM »
I bought those Old Bones Therapy brand insoles. I haven’t had the chance to skate them yet, but they made my sk8-lows super comfy to just walk in.

Oh word? Yeah Ive actually been getting a couple targeted ads of those hahaa. I’ll check em out

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2023, 10:09:07 AM »
Any recs on a thin insole for slip ons? The ultra cush is a little too tight for me. Looking for a thin flat insole for the skate slips.

I've been using the 5mm Kingfoam Elite Footprint insoles in my slip ons for a while now. I've noticed that I'm able to skate longer as my joints don't ache after a long sesh as they did with the stock insoles. I haven't tried any other brand so I can't really compare to anything else but I'll vouch for FP here.

Number

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2023, 11:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been using the 5mm Kingfoam Elite Footprint insoles in my slip ons for a while now. I've noticed that I'm able to skate longer as my joints don't ache after a long sesh as they did with the stock insoles. I haven't tried any other brand so I can't really compare to anything else but I'll vouch for FP here.

Nice, was looking into the 3.5mm ones as the problem I have is with the toebox area.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2023, 11:36:46 AM »
I used the cons insoles from the Louies in them and theyre perfect in the skate slips.

The skate slips blow my mind. They turned the accessible slip on pro into a shoe that fits almost no human feet comfortably in the skate slip ons. They are so shallow with the stock pop cush it's crazy.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2023, 11:44:06 AM »
I'm thinking of trying these custom Super Feet insoles that cost $150. You have to go to a running store to get your foot scanned.

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/me3d-insoles

Number

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2023, 11:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I used the cons insoles from the Louies in them and theyre perfect in the skate slips.

The skate slips blow my mind. They turned the accessible slip on pro into a shoe that fits almost no human feet comfortably in the skate slip ons. They are so shallow with the stock pop cush it's crazy.

Yeah man, I swore off the skate slips for a while but got these at a Vans outlet for 10bucks so Im destined to make them work hahaa. Sometimes I check ebay for Vans Pros still.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2023, 01:48:59 PM »
Which Superfeet insole would y'all recommend for Dunks and Blazers?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2023, 03:48:34 PM »
Adapt Run or Run Comfort. Run Comfort has a firmer heel cup, which I like in 440s and would use in a thin shoe like Blazers. For Dunks I'd use the Adapt Run, which I am currently using. The Max version have higher arches.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2023, 04:41:53 PM »

All purpose cushion, previously Flex
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/all-purpose-cushion

Out of Green/Orange and Flex, the Flex is my fav and I use for skating/working out/chilling as well. Mellower arch compared to orange or green.

They have recently moved the Adapt run/hike/max series under the 'flex' moniker as well difference seems to be mid-insole/height.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 04:58:32 PM by Xen »

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2023, 11:05:54 AM »
I could probably mine for this but, wondering if folks have advice for insoles for work? I work at a grocery store and am recovering from a back injury, so I figure good insoles would be worth investing in.

I have really thin fp insoles for my skate shoes and i like those. Curious about the game changers and if they’re worth the money

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »
I could probably mine for this but, wondering if folks have advice for insoles for work? I work at a grocery store and am recovering from a back injury, so I figure good insoles would be worth investing in.

I have really thin fp insoles for my skate shoes and i like those. Curious about the game changers and if they’re worth the money
I use gamechangers in my workshoes and they work good for me. Gonna try the superfeet next

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2023, 02:54:14 PM »
I’ve been using the GC for a minute now and swap out to other brands off an on, GC are causing me knee pain now after extended use…as if they are causing over pronation…and yeah even when remolded. 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2023, 08:27:18 PM »
I'm thinking of trying these custom Super Feet insoles that cost $150. You have to go to a running store to get your foot scanned.

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/me3d-insoles

Go see a podiatrist first. I went to one and she told me that getting custom insoles would be a waste of time and money if I find some insoles to use when skating that fit me well, just because you’ll wear out a lot of pairs when skating and it’ll burn a lot of money.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2023, 01:44:38 AM »

I tend to enjoy State's insoles for longer periods of time. Also, Etnies STI Pro Foam 2. Both skate brands, but I'm sure non-skate brands could work as well. Not sure if you have any Etnies or Statr shoes with those insoles, but could be worth trying
Super Champion Fun Zone

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2023, 03:54:36 AM »

kimchi

• Rep: 2
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »
TL;DR on my insole experiences: I'l ride Reminds at the skate park when I can count on good surface conditions and ride Footprints when I'm cruising around the neighborhood or if I ever get into street.

I own a few insoles from Remind and one from FP: FP Kingfoam, Remind Cush, and Remind Medic.

• I bought the FP Kingfoam damn near 10 years ago for snowboarding and HATED it for snowboarding. Not very supportive, got kind of mushy underfoot when heated up after hours snowboarding. They spent most of the past 10 years in a drawer-- but turns out I actually like them skating. Noticeably reduces foot soreness from ollie impacts, and the arch support is just enough for me. I feel noticeably more comfortable cruising over crusty terrain with no other changes to setup. It deadens board feel a little bit IMO compared to Remind, but worth the trade-off in street settings.

• I like the way Reminds FEEL better and will be riding them when I can count on good surface conditions. More arch support and better board feel, but much worse forefoot cushion than the FPs. The material on top is also a little more slippery than FP, I wish it the texture was a bit grippier (although the texture on the FPs makes the fabric wear out a bit faster).

• Between Remind Cush and Medic, main difference is the Medic has a full plastic "frame" around the entire insole perimeter, whereas the Cush has a frame under the arch and just foam in the fore foot. The Cush is less durable in the forefoot because of lack of frame, but they're more flexible and feel better pushing and skating for the same reason. The foam also breaks in and compresses a lot more on Cush over Medic, so over time they take up much less space in the shoe. I'll stick to Cush for skating, and stick to the Medic of longboarding and snowboarding where foot flexibility is less of an issue.

I'm legit bummed that I like the FPs given sounds like Joey Brezinski and Paul Hart are... flawed humans. But I might give FP Gamechangers a shot when I wear out either the Cush or the Kingfoam. That silly bowling ball test is dumb, but definitely something to them.

Just as context, I've experimented with a lot of insoles from Superfeet, SOLE, Aline, and others. I don't wear insoles in every day or workout shoes, but I use them religiously snowboarding and now skating. These are the best balance of cushion / support I've found among any of those options so far.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2023, 05:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All purpose cushion, previously Flex
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/all-purpose-cushion

Out of Green/Orange and Flex, the Flex is my fav and I use for skating/working out/chilling as well. Mellower arch compared to orange or green.

They have recently moved the Adapt run/hike/max series under the 'flex' moniker as well difference seems to be mid-insole/height.
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/hike-support
The foam under the toe was a little thick for me at 1st compared to the regular superfeet  but I once I got used to them they have been go to’s.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2023, 05:54:28 PM »
Something I’ve always wondered: do pros actually ride Footprint, Remind, etc.? I know they have their teams, but do actual respectable pros and not Joey Brezinski really go out of their way to buy and use them? If so, you don’t hear about it and makes me wonder if it’s all smoke and mirrors.