Author Topic: stupid things that bug you  (Read 11760 times)

SpankerChief

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
Re: stupid things that bug you
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 08:29:18 AM »
Skate Instagram models, you suck at skating.  ;D work on your shit. No one wants to be that one person who trys to flex and sucks.

Shithead kids who slide down the ramps, sitting on objects you see others skating, I've ran over a girl's hand on a manual pad. 

Being followed on road bike to the store.  Having your favorite soda/food and someone else eats or drink's the last one.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Brguy

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 08:39:32 AM »
Also being asked, didn’t you just get a new board?
That's the worst thing people fucking do, I'm not the one to blame if some people just suck and their board lasts a whole year.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
Dirty ass grip tape

shit_for_brains

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 08:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's the worst thing people fucking do, I'm not the one to blame if some people just suck and their board lasts a whole year.

I say "yeah what are you poor or somethin"

feedmeseymour

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
Ted Kootz is stupid and bugs me

maybe alittle stupid for using his real name on here, but from what i remember hes a good dude.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I say "yeah what are you poor or somethin"
my board is almost 5 months old cause I'm pro af and land bolts everytime, I'm poor af too haha

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:41 AM »
Skate Instagram models, you suck at skating.  ;D work on your shit. No one wants to be that one person who trys to flex and sucks.

Shithead kids who slide down the ramps, sitting on objects you see others skating, I've ran over a girl's hand on a manual pad. 

Being followed on road bike to the store.  Having your favorite soda/food and someone else eats or drink's the last one.

Ive never hit a kid at a park and im mostly at parks.  Youd have to be skating pretty close to a kid to run over her hand
  I know enough to also know im in a minority on this one.  Im super careful at parks not to hit the youg ones.  I dont think theres any need.  If some kid gets in the way of your line try being imaginative and do another trick on another park feature.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ive never hit a kid at a park and im mostly at parks.  Youd have to be skating pretty close to a kid to run over her hand
  I know enough to also know im in a minority on this one.  Im super careful at parks not to hit the youg ones.  I dont think theres any need.  If some kid gets in the way of your line try being imaginative and do another trick on another park feature.
[close]
Why deprive them of the most valuable life lesson? Like "chill the fuck out for a second and see what's happening around you before you step out into traffic". It would serve them well to learn sooner than later, and it applies to your entire life.

I once rolled in and accidentally slammed directly into a kid who decided to abruptly change direction back into my path. I tried to "catch" him in a way where he wouldn't get hurt, but he started crying and wailing at the top of his lungs. His dad came over and I thought he was going to kill me, but he saw the whole thing, and told the kid that he needs to be more careful and pay attention to what is going on around him.

I felt bad, but the kid (and the dad) learned that staying safe at the park takes effort.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Ted Kootz is stupid and bugs me
[close]

maybe alittle stupid for using his real name on here, but from what i remember hes a good dude.

Youve obviously never been on a trip with him. theres a video of phelps saying "fuck ted kootz foreva" floating around the interweb somehwere

Jewlien Burford

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
Families and skaters sitting on/ completely ignoring me and my friends' stuff on a bench

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
I once dropped in on a 10ft quarter pipe, just to have a little kid magically appear at the bottom. I couldn’t slow down enough, and slammed into him pretty hard. He was ok, just shaken up. His giant, muscle bound, jock Dad got all up in my face, and called me a loser for being a grown man at a “kids” skatepark. He was 2 sec away from knocking me out, and he could have with ease. So yeah, that bugged me.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »
Families and skaters sitting on/ completely ignoring me and my friends' stuff on a bench
Reminds me as well of the parents who will just stand/walk around the middle of a park to watch their kids. I once politely asked a kid's parents to watch from a designated viewing spot because they're in a dangerous area, and they got defensive and made me seem like the dickhead. That and insta kids are why I'm never at a park

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
Switch mongo. Why even bother doing a switch trick if you can't push switch?

This doesn’t bother me at all for some reason.  I love that Tiago does it almost proudly.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

C Dash Money

• Rep: -10
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »
I hate when people wear a baseball hat and have like, semi-long hair, and so little curls and shit emerge from under it...

guest1

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2019, 02:03:14 PM »
I just wanna wring those squids necks

Hey

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2019, 02:10:35 PM »
Earphones

Octobre Rouge.

• Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2019, 02:37:29 PM »
Switch mongo. Why even bother doing a switch trick if you can't push switch?

This doesn’t bother me at all for some reason.  I love that Tiago does it almost proudly.

Same here, i'm 24, skating switch a lot and i don't want to learn how to push switch.

I like the stiffness and unnatural aspect of the switch stance, and pushing switch mongo is a nice tribute to the early day of modern skateboarding

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Why deprive them of the most valuable life lesson? Like "chill the fuck out for a second and see what's happening around you before you step out into traffic". It would serve them well to learn sooner than later, and it applies to your entire life.

That’s why I’m always in seek-and-destroy mode at the park.  Nothing beats the feeling you get from mowing down a pack of third-graders for their own good.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2019, 11:32:44 PM »
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2019, 07:48:40 AM »
amateur photographers approaching you on the street asking if they can take your picture.  one look at their shoes tells me all i need to know.  had to tell this old guy no once and it broke his heart

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:51 AM »
amateur photographers approaching you on the street asking if they can take your picture.  one look at their shoes tells me all i need to know.  had to tell this old guy no once and it broke his heart

I know, right?  Sometimes I just want to get to where I’m going without having to stop and explain to people that I’m not about to pose for their broke-ass photo for free. 

If they’re not paying, they can straight up slob on my knob because homey don’t play that.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2019, 08:28:25 AM »
Use of the word, "hectic" or "hemmies" Or anytime Kyle walker or any other room temperature IQ skater speaks.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I once rolled in and accidentally slammed directly into a kid who decided to abruptly change direction back into my path. I tried to "catch" him in a way where he wouldn't get hurt, but he started crying and wailing at the top of his lungs. His dad came over and I thought he was going to kill me, but he saw the whole thing, and told the kid that he needs to be more careful and pay attention to what is going on around him.

I felt bad, but the kid (and the dad) learned that staying safe at the park takes effort.

I was at this skatepark in York Pa, and there is this really long probably 4 foot quarter, I did a backside grind and went to go in and this young kid on a bike came flying around the corner and I hit him so hard. I like frontflipped over him and was a little scraped up. He broke his wrist, I felt like complete trash but his dad also watched it and was way cooler about it than I imagined.

Chanel West Coast

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »
Watching a skate video and the person is doing a line, then they give that little half push before the next trick.  You were too scared to go faster, but knew you couldnt just cruise for that long, so instead you made your line look like dog shit by just tapping your foot on the ground.

That one isnt that stupid though, so for stupid I'll say phillips hardware, after going allen is looks disgusting to me, some kid shit.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
 Small town wheelless park kids, ,mind you of course scooter kids are annoying but at least they are on wheels so you can somewhat predict their trajectory though they might just stop or switch directions on a dime they are indeed there to roll. Random kids sitting around on the obstacles running around on the obstacles and the flat, playing football for fucks sake, and they are so oblivious as if you asking them not to play foot ball at the skate park and pointing out that it is intended for people with wheels to go fast and that a random football might be oh I dunno fucking dangerous is somehow harassing them. Then their parents or random adults try to flex when the rules are posted for everyone to see. This has happened a few times at my local and it's on a day when the snow finally dries up and I have like 45 minutes after work before the sun goes down so I'm already pissed. People are fucking regular and then they ignore their regular kids. So yeah that's what bugs me.

TL;DR

regular people reproducing
" I did not say this I am not here"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2019, 10:21:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Reminds me as well of the parents who will just stand/walk around the middle of a park to watch their kids. I once politely asked a kid's parents to watch from a designated viewing spot because they're in a dangerous area, and they got defensive and made me seem like the dickhead. That and insta kids are why I'm never at a park

At my local park we once had an entire family show up, park their car, sit on the ledge everybody was skating back and forth and start having a picnic. We thought it was a joke at first but they stayed so we asked them to please at least move onto the next ledge nobody skates because it sucks and they declined because 'this one was in the sun'. They were obviously trying to fuck with us for whatever reason so we just kept skating the ledge with wallies and tap grinds till they eventually realized the whole situation might be uncomfortable.

My biggest pet peeve is push then powerslide, or powerslide then push. Or weak pushes. If you land fakie mid-line then you have to keep going fakie / switch, don't revert back to regs or you'll just look like you can't put together coherent lines (and most importantly it's also a lot more fun). Mid-line turnarounds are hit or miss depending on how the spot is set up, what it is you're doing and how you make it look like. Swongo is all good. 'Creative' tricks for the sake of being creative when you can tell it's all contrived to fit in a mold as opposed to being original and you're really just rehashing something Ricky Oyola got better photos of in 1996; do something actually new (or don't, but don't make a fuss about it). Of course that's what personally bugs me to see if one is trying to present their skating; if they aren't then obviously they should fuck around all they like. Weird fucked-up styles are the best and some of the most humble locals can make the wonkiest shit spontaneous and beautiful.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:26:36 AM by silhouette »

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »
The local teens trying to sell weed or coming to the park high as shit. Always friends with the local skaters in some sort of way and get into skating for 5 months then quit. Their girlfriends or the guys always get in fights outside the local park and the police get called because they hear about someone smoking weed near the park. Always gives us a bad image.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

At my local park we once had an entire family show up, park their car, sit on the ledge everybody was skating back and forth and start having a picnic. We thought it was a joke at first but they stayed so we asked them to please at least move onto the next ledge nobody skates because it sucks and they declined because 'this one was in the sun'. They were obviously trying to fuck with us for whatever reason so we just kept skating the ledge with wallies and tap grinds till they eventually realized the whole situation might be uncomfortable.

My biggest pet peeve is push then powerslide, or powerslide then push. Or weak pushes. If you land fakie mid-line then you have to keep going fakie / switch, don't revert back to regs or you'll just look like you can't put together coherent lines (and most importantly it's also a lot more fun). Mid-line turnarounds are hit or miss depending on how the spot is set up, what it is you're doing and how you make it look like. Swongo is all good. 'Creative' tricks for the sake of being creative when you can tell it's all contrived to fit in a mold as opposed to being original and you're really just rehashing something Ricky Oyola got better photos of in 1996; do something actually new (or don't, but don't make a fuss about it). Of course that's what personally bugs me to see if one is trying to present their skating; if they aren't then obviously they should fuck around all they like. Weird fucked-up styles are the best and some of the most humble locals can make the wonkiest shit spontaneous and beautiful.

I actually have a weird fascination with those.  Everyone does them just a little bit differently. Maybe I’m psychotic, but I get kind of hyped if I see a really good one.

I think I rewound and rewatched the one Guy Mariano does in Mouse during a line at LA high like 20 times.  Walker Ryan does a great one in that SOVRN part too.

ToolVonDoosh

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »
this thread is for any stupid things that bug you in skateboarding

mine is kids riding 8.25's and 8.5's or even bigger when there like 9. Just makes everything they do harder for no reason.

I hate getting old and stiff and trying to count the years I can still do this...  and I hate whining about it.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »
The cliched “skater proudly displays his bloody palms to the camera” shot, just to make it perfectly clear to everyone what a badass they are and that they, you know, bleed for this.

That pretty much happens to everyone at one point or another... it’s not really that big of a deal.  There are exceptions of course; I remember Brandon Westgate having some particularly bad ones.

Basically, unless that shit is flapping in the breeze, just keep it to yourself.