Author Topic: Best skateboarding shoes ever thread  (Read 8920 times)

Shufflessss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: Best skateboarding shoes ever thread
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »

Can't choose between the two. Only problem is where the stitching is on the City Cup
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Best skateboarding shoes ever thread
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2019, 09:00:47 PM »
off subject question, is grip really a deciding factor in buying shoes?  I have never once thought about the sole of a shoe or what the grip pattern looks like, but I see people on here and in real life stressing it.  I remember when the HUF classic came out everyone was scared of the sole.

I also skate mob maybe that makes a difference.

The pattern hasn't got much to do with grip from my experience. The formulation of the rubber on the other hand does. I've had shoes that are too slippery for me and some shoes are still ok but I'd prefer them to be more grippy. The pattern is very important when it comes to picking up pebbles though. I'm not gonna buy States again as they pick up pebbles like mad. I really like the shoes otherwise but I can't have my grip getting ruined by soles filled with pebbles. Same goes for many other shoes. I really like the soles on Vans Pro Classics. Won't pick up pebbles and are very grippy. Awesome.