Author Topic: How are you gonna go out  (Read 10237 times)

oroku1983

How are you gonna go out
« on: February 24, 2019, 04:02:59 PM »
Age 60 doing a frontside flip off the Golden gate bridge landing perfectly on bolts. nature won't be deciding when I'm going.

How about you guys? How do you wanna go.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 04:05:31 PM by oroku1983 »

feedmeseymour

Re: How are you gonna go out
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »
Laying in bed, and with my last bit of strength I’ll post a thread that should be in “whatever” followed by a shalom, and one last kook for rick.

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
ollie on flat at la high, tonight in 1 hour

Powerslide

• Rep: -28
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 04:17:21 PM »
Even in the 5th grade, I had a plan for this.

There was a big ass Merrill Lynch building close to where I grew up. Always thought I would ollie off it as the final trick. Land right on to the other side.

oroku1983

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 04:19:33 PM »
Careful, some people have survived jumping of the Golden Gate. I would recommend a gun instead.
This isn't a grim suicide; this is a celebration of life and skateboarding. Think the ending of point break, but with a skateboard instead.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
Coffin the mega to the Great Beyond.

CarbonaNotWax

• Rep: -10
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:26:01 PM »
Tail drop to hill bomb right into the barrier at the base of the Hoover dam.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
Mathew Mcougneys?? father went out having sex with his long term wife/love. I teared up when I heard about them bringing him out "big Jim" to the ambulance. Probably along those lines

oroku1983

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Careful, some people have survived jumping of the Golden Gate. I would recommend a gun instead.
[close]
This isn't a grim suicide; this is a celebration of life and skateboarding. Think the ending of point break, but with a skateboard instead.
[close]

All suicides are grim, even if you're frontside flipping of a bridge. What's more grim is surviving the attempt and having to live with the consequences. A gun just has a much better success rate. However, I think dying in my sleep or OD'ing would be the most pleasant way to go, but since I don't do hard drugs I can only hope for an aneurysm or heart attack while I'm asleep.

Now picture Tom Penny doing this after finding out he has stage 4 lymphoma not so grim huh? maybe even badass?

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 04:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

All suicides are grim, even if you're frontside flipping of a bridge. What's more grim is surviving the attempt and having to live with the consequences. A gun just has a much better success rate. However, I think dying in my sleep or OD'ing would be the most pleasant way to go, but since I don't do hard drugs I can only hope for an aneurysm or heart attack while I'm asleep.
[close]

Now picture Tom Penny doing this after finding out he has stage 4 lymphoma not so grim huh? maybe even badass?
Tom penny would roll away clean

oroku1983

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »
LOL

PatoDuck

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
LOL
are you ok? Seems like a dark thread

oroku1983

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »
I'm fine; I actually had a great day. Just thinking about badass ways to end it. You think im gonna go out like some old grandmother surrounded by her friends and family? please.

PatoDuck

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
I'm fine; I actually had a great day. Just thinking about badass ways to end it. You think im gonna go out like some old grandmother surrounded by her friends and family? please.
a bit concerning but ok, I’d like to die with my friends and family.

PatoDuck

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 04:56:03 PM »
What rick said

oroku1983

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 04:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're just depressed and feeling alone, think about the people who are really suffering with non-stop excruciating physical pain. Your sadness doesn't mean shit to them. This thread is actually extremely offensive to those people. If you're healthy enough to frontside flip of a bridge, you're healthy enough to live. Quit being a bitch.

I didn't say I was gonna kill myself tomorrow I'm not fucking depressed, man. I just don't to be 90 years old unable to skate or do anything really is that unreasonable?

PatoDuck

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're just depressed and feeling alone, think about the people who are really suffering with non-stop excruciating physical pain. Your sadness doesn't mean shit to them. This thread is actually extremely offensive to those people. If you're healthy enough to frontside flip of a bridge, you're healthy enough to live. Quit being a bitch.
[close]

I didn't say I was gonna kill myself tomorrow I'm not fucking depressed, man. I just don't to be 90 years old unable to skate or do anything really is that unreasonable?
No, that’s fine but I think Rick has a good point. I don’t know how old you are or who you are you have to much to do before you think about death. If I were you, I’d delete this thread.

oroku1983

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »
I figured some people here would share my feelings since we all put skating above everything in our lives including our own wives and the thought of living and not being able to do it... well it's like why am I here at this point you know?

Powerslide

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 05:01:58 PM »

I think OP means this is a thought experiment, not as a reality. As I said in my reply, even as a fifth grader, I thought it would be a great way to go out.

In reality, we will all die of old age, illness or disease, acts of god, substance abuse, or something else unknown to us at present.

Just have a good time skating around while you still can. Every day you have mobility is a great day. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:03:38 PM by Powerslide »

PatoDuck

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 05:04:41 PM »
I figured some people here would share my feelings since we all put skating above everything in our lives including our own wives and the thought of living and not being able to do it... well it's like why am I here at this point you know?
I do no, I love skating but it’s not my whole life. I’ve studied my skate history and I love it but sometimes it’s good to take a step back and refresh. We both love it, and that’s great but you should try art or something else and not focus so much on one thing.

oroku1983

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 05:04:56 PM »
It also sounds like Rick has no understanding of depression. It's a brain defect it has nothing to do with being a whiny unappreciative bitch.

PatoDuck

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 05:06:06 PM »
It also sounds like Rick has no understanding of depression. It's a brain defect it has nothing to do with being a whiny unappreciative bitch.
It can make you one.

PatoDuck

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »
And I don’t mean that as an insult

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 80
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 05:11:30 PM »

Jump off a gun? A little small, don't you think?

PatoDuck

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 05:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You know nothing about me. Most people are depressed, but there are ways of combating it. Diet, exercise, medication. You have the power to get better, even if you think you don't. Nobody would start a thread like this just for fun, and your avatar doesn't help either. I wish you the best. There are avenues you can take that will help you.

oroku1983

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 05:15:47 PM »
20 years from now you're all gonna be watching tv and it'll cut to the news w/ live helicopter footage and you'll see me out there and your jaws gonna hit the floor you'll whisper to yourself "Good God almighty he actually did it... he's a skate legend"

PatoDuck

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 05:18:06 PM »
20 years from now you're all gonna be watching tv and it'll cut to the news w/ live helicopter footage and you'll see me out there and your jaws gonna hit the floor you'll whisper to yourself "Good God almighty he actually did it... he's a skate legend"
No, I’m gonna think your the dumbest bastard on the earth. Do you even realize what you’re saying?

Powerslide

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »

Sorry to break it to you, but in 20 years drone technology will be so far beyond what you know, that a team of savior drones will come grab you with a net, and the state will promptly whisk you off to the mental institution. The future aint the past.

Also, obligatory reference for this thread:

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
If I never quit smoking I'd probably be at 2 packs + so, like that.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

oroku1983

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You know nothing about me. Most people are depressed, but there are ways of combating it. Diet, exercise, medication. You have the power to get better, even if you think you don't. Nobody would start a thread like this just for fun, and your avatar doesn't help either. I wish you the best. There are avenues you can take that will help you.

I feel fantastic actually. I'm in the best shape of my life and I try to skate everyday if there's no snow on the ground but I'm glad you care.

You and I just have different philosophies towards life; i'm a feral savage and you're a normie.