Author Topic: Snowboard Appreciation  (Read 53414 times)

Snowboardingsbetter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
Snowboard Appreciation
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:08:35 AM »
Alright Bro Brahs!

We are coming at you with the snowboard appreciation thread. We want to hear about your season, your gear, videos you liked, videos you didn’t like and anything else.

for the first post I’m giving thanks to Yawgoons. Yawgoons 20 was so sick! Yawgoons is like snowboardings Magenta if Magenta was actually enjoyable to watch or good or whatever.

http://youtu.be/xKmSv3rAOgI

Desiree Melancon is the original Nora V
Last Resort with Stan > Skateline
Keir Dillon is broker Mikey Taylor
Jibgurl300>skatemoss
Scott Stevens is cooler than everything

feedmeseymour

Re: Snowboard Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:43:38 AM »

Snowboardingsbetter

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:50:18 AM »

Great flick!

I know you’re following me around the boards cause you’re low key down for snowboarding. A lot of skateboarders like snowboarding they’re just afraid to talk about how fucking fun and sick it is.

Jibgurl300>skatemoss

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »
Yeah Seymour is essentially slaps gatekeeper, he wants to make sure only the best posters get encouragement and the trash gets discouraged onto the floor so that someone can sweep it up. You are on track dude to be really somebody. I can pretty much see you up there on the marble countertop, so keep posting cause there's kitty litter all over the floor and shit. It keeps sticking in my fur, I don't think you would enjoy being down here very much (we have really nice smiles down here though). Maybe one day you can snowboard down and exchange a friendly smile, then I can watch you hike back up into the distance. I can already tell how crushed I will be when I realize my paws don't dig into snow so I keep sliding back down the hill when I try to follow you. You don't even notice you just keep going until you dissapear. It's not your fault though you can't wait for something or someone that's simply not compatible to the way you live your life, always hiking up snowy hills, always climbing. I am always falling, sliding. You werent even waiting for me it was a one sided expectation I created out of nothing.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »
Yeah Seymour is essentially slaps gatekeeper, he wants to make sure only the best posters get encouragement and the trash gets discouraged onto the floor so that someone can sweep it up. You are on track dude to be really somebody. I can pretty much see you up there on the marble countertop, so keep posting cause there's kitty litter all over the floor and shit. It keeps sticking in my fur, I don't think you would enjoy being down here very much (we have really nice smiles down here though). Maybe one day you can snowboard down and exchange a friendly smile, then I can watch you hike back up into the distance. I can already tell how crushed I will be when I realize my paws don't dig into snow so I keep sliding back down the hill when I try to follow you. You don't even notice you just keep going until you dissapear. It's not your fault though you can't wait for something or someone that's simply not compatible to the way you live your life, always hiking up snowy hills, always climbing. I am always falling, sliding. You werent even waiting for me it was a one sided expectation I created out of nothing.

hmm i wouldnt say im a gate keeper, and i wouldnt want to be. just joking with someone who clearly is joking. you on the other hand could use some jokes in your posts once in a while because you come off like someone mentally unstable and thats not funny unless youre tk.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »
I'm not trying to come across any specific way, mentally unstable works if that's what you attach to it. Or if that's what you think it is that's cool I'm content with it, maybe its true. Anyways it was just a joke, I don't consider you a gatekeeper there isn't a gate, there's no kitty litter and no fucking way could SLAP afford marble countertops it would be laminate or maybe live edge reclaimed wood if someone artsy could hook it up and someone with taste could execute. I certainly hope you haven't begun to think about my posts as much as you are letting on dude I was banking on you brushing this one off so I could be back at masonic negative 33.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 12:15:16 PM »
Jake Kuzyk is such a sick filmer and he rips on both the snow and the board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSo-QgQlFqE

Snowboardingsbetter

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
Jake Kuzyk is such a sick filmer and he rips on both the snow and the board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSo-QgQlFqE

Jake and Vans snowboarding have legit been killing it this year. Together Forever was so sick

Jibgurl300>skatemoss

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
Together forever was cool, Jake did a terrific job, the premiere in Montreal was sick although really emotional

RIP Dill

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »
  If you pretend ur snowboarding on ur skateboard you will have more fun than if you actually went snowboarding and ripped your fingers apart trying to lace up stupid snowboard boots or tearing your house apart trying to find ur seasons pass.  I used to go back country snowboarding in the rockies  walking up on boot packs that people make up the peaks and i started just wearing sneakers.   Sneakers are way nicer to hike in and work fine riding deep powder. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »
I wonder if this dude is on snowboarding forums extolling the supremacy of skateboarding. 

I tried it once: about 30 seconds into my first run, I ate shit and slammed face first so hard that my hat and gloves all shot off upon impact, haha.  Never touched one since.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
went once so far this season thinking of going tomorrow...

Snowboardingsbetter

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 02:40:05 PM »
I wonder if this dude is on snowboarding forums extolling the supremacy of skateboarding. 

I tried it once: about 30 seconds into my first run, I ate shit and slammed face first so hard that my hat and gloves all shot off upon impact, haha.  Never touched one since.

There aren’t any snowboard forums which is why I am here trying to convert slap into a snowboard forum.

Also, you’re in my thread my man you don’t have to say this dude just call me your brochacho

Jibgurl300>skatemoss

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There aren’t any snowboard forums which is why I am here trying to convert slap into a snowboard forum.

Also, you’re in my thread my man you don’t have to say this dude just call me your brochacho

Happy to have you.  I apologize for my rudeness.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 04:10:22 PM »
yawgoons: wack
jake kuzyk: not wack

Snowboardingsbetter

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 04:42:28 PM »

Ouch. But I can handle it.

What are your thoughts on Scott Stevens though?

Jibgurl300>skatemoss

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

used to love him, especially when i first got deeper into snowboarding and found out he was semi-local, but his shtick grew old years ago. i grew up at yawgoo. dylan is the only one that's actually cool and does anything interesting. marcus and brian have bad style, do uninteresting tricks, and don't skate either.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
used to love him, especially when i first got deeper into snowboarding and found out he was semi-local, but his shtick grew old years ago. i grew up at yawgoo. dylan is the only one that's actually cool and does anything interesting. marcus and brian have bad style, do uninteresting tricks, and don't skate either.

Gamache is sick.

Im from mass so Scott Stevens is god but I can agree some of his circus tricks have gone over the top lately

Also for my contribution:
Kevin backstrom part is so sick

http://youtu.be/kgzkH4n0EOo

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »
I went snowboarding once this winter to remind myself that ski resort culture is

utter

shit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »
I went snowboarding once this winter to remind myself that ski resort culture is

utter

shit.
   Split board?

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 06:55:48 PM »
It’s been something like 15 years since I set foot on a snowboard but I used to be decent. Since the farm I grew up on is in the middle of a ski hill that’s my family’s property (where our cattle graze in the summer) I’d always ride for free. Season passes are crazy expensive and snowboard gear isn’t cheap either, so after moving away that’s just not been a priority.

Snowboard videos are generally pretty boring compared to skate videos.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »
As soon as I could I moved so I would never have to see snow again. 

enjoy your fresh pow pow and crunchy tunes, I hope you burn your tongue on a $12 cup of hot cocoa
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 07:08:45 PM »

enjoy your fresh pow pow and crunchy tunes, I hope you burn your tongue on a $12 cup of hot cocoa
  Tim Hideckers take on the Bill Murray phenom might interest you.  I've enjoyed him in some movies too.  What about Bob?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 07:11:49 PM »
everything but adidas, vans and videograss stuff is basically a ty evans/flat earth doodoo. maybe you can put me onto some cool stuff
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  Tim Hideckers take on the Bill Murray phenom might interest you.  I've enjoyed him in some movies too.  What about Bob?

Tim and Eric is trash, I could give a fuck about that dude's opinion.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Those 2 made Check it out with dr Steve Brule so theres that.  And you sound triggered enough when i mentioned his name.  He talks about it on YT and its funny af, deal with it.
 The b murray thing that people push with the t shirts reminds me of the people who post  bacon memes.  Edit it was determined on a slap thread that it was tim and eric who started that Palace type edit that EVERYONE puts out now. I would go so far as to say Tim and erics stuff has had more affect on art and media today then Murray's has as considerable as his own affect has been.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:25:47 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Those 2 made Check it out with dr Steve Brule so theres that. 1. And you sound triggered enough when i mentioned his name.  He talks about it on 2. YT and its funny af, deal with it.
 3.The b murray thing that people push with the t shirts reminds me of the people who post  bacon memes.  Edit it was determined on a slap thread that it was tim and eric who started that Palace type edit that EVERYONE puts out now. I would go so far as to say Tim and erics stuff has had more affect on art and media today then Murray's has as considerable as his own affect has been.

Let me paint by numbers for you here so you can understand.

1. I'm almost positive you're a grown ass man using the word triggered unironically, you're most definetly a bitch. 
2. Being a garbage person, you clearly have garbage taste so this is invalid
3. Way to be so unoriginal and desperate to sound smart you just plagiarized one of the top youtube comments

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 11:04:57 PM »
You’re a huge fucking kook brah man, but I’ll watch the shit out of any Laurent Nicolas pacquin footage

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 02:03:00 AM »
you can't even grind a marble ledge with your snowboard.
the feel it causes you never experience, the sound it makes
you never hear, the notch it causes on a truck you never
see, the damage you cause, you never responsible for it.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 05:49:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Those 2 made Check it out with dr Steve Brule so theres that. 1. And you sound triggered enough when i mentioned his name.  He talks about it on 2. YT and its funny af, deal with it.
 3.The b murray thing that people push with the t shirts reminds me of the people who post  bacon memes.  Edit it was determined on a slap thread that it was tim and eric who started that Palace type edit that EVERYONE puts out now. I would go so far as to say Tim and erics stuff has had more affect on art and media today then Murray's has as considerable as his own affect has been.
[close]

Let me paint by numbers for you here so you can understand.

1. I'm almost positive you're a grown ass man using the word triggered unironically, you're most definetly a bitch. 
2. Being a garbage person, you clearly have garbage taste so this is invalid
3. Way to be so unoriginal and desperate to sound smart you just plagiarized one of the top youtube comments
   Ha you watched it !
  Edit i just want to add that normalising terms like "garbage human"  is toxic and in the past has been instrumental to genocide.  I'd say someone who thinks or says "garbage human" has issues. What would Bill Murray do?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:53:01 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »