Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32926 times)

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »
Asked Cody McEntire where the beer tent was at a contest in Vancouver, I had no idea who he was at the time.

Skated at Plaza with Spencer Hamilton a bunch and even got a clip in one of his Instagram videos.

Met Lance Mountain at a Flip demo. Super nice dude.

Skated Leeside tunnel with Eman, Josh Borden, Willis Kimbel, Rhino, Taylor Bingaman and Kevin Kowalski. Borden did a massive Back Disaster on the old wall and my buddy sold Willis some weed.

Smoked a joint with Tommy Sandoval after the Cold War premiere in Van.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2019, 09:38:14 AM »
Asked Cody McEntire where the beer tent was at a contest in Vancouver, I had no idea who he was at the time.

Skated at Plaza with Spencer Hamilton a bunch and even got a clip in one of his Instagram videos.

Skated Leeside tunnel with Eman, Josh Borden, Willis Kimbel, Rhino, Taylor Bingaman and Kevin Kowalski. Borden did a massive Back Disaster on the old wall and my buddy sold Willis some weed.

One of the people you just mentioned, messaged me asking if I could help him get weed randomly when he was close to my city. I live like an hour from where he was tho so I wasn’t much help.
I tried to invite him to our local Go Skate Day event (which was that day) and said I’d bring weed to that, but I think he wanted to keep low key and was injured at the time so he didn’t show.

One time I commented on one of Ted Schmitz Instagram posts and he commented back and said something bout watching one of my skate parts and he thought it was cool.
I have had a huge man crush on him ever since.
This was a couple years ago and I was totally unaware that he had seen one of my videos.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:43:11 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Skateboarder X

« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2019, 02:16:01 PM »
There was an Osiris demo by my house during the whole "The Storm" video premiere tour. I had a poster with the whole team at the signing. remember the one where they were all standing in the middle of the street...? I didnt let anyone sign my poster except Jerry Hsu and just left right after. Havent seen him since.

Did i win?!

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
I saw Carlos Ribiero drink a can of Fanta at Macba. /Thread

switchnolliecuffedjeans

• Rep: -23
  • Dude, what size board Is that
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »
I used to skate with dan corrigan

Yo me too in PA really nice dude

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »
A few people from my neighborhood that I skate with have somewhat made it into the industry. Aldrin "Ollie Champ" Garcia and Mark "Marky Numbers" McCoy (kind of) were am. Erick Winkowski is the only guy that went all the way though. This is the latest video they all got clips in. Aldrin has a full part that is pretty damn good. First part.

Tommy Sandoval has given me boards on three separate occasions and didn't remember me in any of those encounters.

Shuriken Shannon always hides when other skateboarders show up at spots. I've seen him do it like 10+ times. I always thought that was funny.

Lenny Rivas shows up at the neighborhood prefab skatepark with his son sometimes. Never skates.

I've delivered mail to Wes Kremer, Darren Naverette, and Chris Troy.

I've had breakfast with Auby Taylor. He told me how hyped he was on kratom and I rode with him in his Prius around Ocean Beach looking for some.

I bitched out on jumping down stairs in front of Rhino.

Nick Tucker offered me half of his super burrito.

I've had short conversations with Alexis Ramirez. He said "please" and "thank you" multiple times in every one of them.

Chris Dobstaff complimented me on a trick and then told me about how much he loves skateboarding.

Willy Santos told me about how important Filipino pride is to him.

Steve Borra invited me and the whole crew to the first or second Battle of the Berrics championship after everyone relentlessly made fun of him outside of a restaurant.

It's endless being in San Diego, but here's my favorite. I saw the guy that plays Kevin Malone in The Office walking the streets of downtown with two hot girls on either arm and another girl following behind them. Some real unexpected baller type shit. It wasn't like it was Comic-Con or some shit. It was like a random Wednesday night.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
I saw Carlos Ribiero drink a can of Fanta at Macba. /Thread

did u sing don't you want a want a Fanta don't you want a want a Fanta don't you want a want a Fanta to him while tickling his obliques
does my user name check out

doritoes.com

• Rep: -13
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2019, 09:01:43 PM »
sammy winter skated passed me on the street once B)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2019, 09:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
One of the people you just mentioned, messaged me asking if I could help him get weed randomly when he was close to my city. I live like an hour from where he was tho so I wasn’t much help.
I tried to invite him to our local Go Skate Day event (which was that day) and said I’d bring weed to that, but I think he wanted to keep low key and was injured at the time so he didn’t show.

One time I commented on one of Ted Schmitz Instagram posts and he commented back and said something bout watching one of my skate parts and he thought it was cool.
I have had a huge man crush on him ever since.
This was a couple years ago and I was totally unaware that he had seen one of my videos.

I woulda drove that hour to hook Lance up with weed.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

jansport

« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »
A few people from my neighborhood that I skate with have somewhat made it into the industry. Aldrin "Ollie Champ" Garcia and Mark "Marky Numbers" McCoy (kind of) were am. Erick Winkowski is the only guy that went all the way though. This is the latest video they all got clips in. Aldrin has a full part that is pretty damn good. First part.

Tommy Sandoval has given me boards on three separate occasions and didn't remember me in any of those encounters.

Shuriken Shannon always hides when other skateboarders show up at spots. I've seen him do it like 10+ times. I always thought that was funny.

Lenny Rivas shows up at the neighborhood prefab skatepark with his son sometimes. Never skates.

I've delivered mail to Wes Kremer, Darren Naverette, and Chris Troy.

I've had breakfast with Auby Taylor. He told me how hyped he was on kratom and I rode with him in his Prius around Ocean Beach looking for some.

I bitched out on jumping down stairs in front of Rhino.

Nick Tucker offered me half of his super burrito.

I've had short conversations with Alexis Ramirez. He said "please" and "thank you" multiple times in every one of them.

Chris Dobstaff complimented me on a trick and then told me about how much he loves skateboarding.

Willy Santos told me about how important Filipino pride is to him.

Steve Borra invited me and the whole crew to the first or second Battle of the Berrics championship after everyone relentlessly made fun of him outside of a restaurant.

It's endless being in San Diego, but here's my favorite. I saw the guy that plays Kevin Malone in The Office walking the streets of downtown with two hot girls on either arm and another girl following behind them. Some real unexpected baller type shit. It wasn't like it was Comic-Con or some shit. It was like a random Wednesday night.
this is the best one

Rat

• Rep: -8
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2020, 08:01:09 PM »
Don't mind me some Jake funcombe and hoon footage.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »
went wine tasting one weekend in napa . we are in r hotel room and taking the elevator down and mother fucking yao ming gets inside with us . one of the most shocking moments of my life

also, greg oosterag played on my beer league hockey team for a couple seasons
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2020, 09:51:21 PM »
Chatted with a young Mark Appleyard at a New Year’s Eve party back when he didn’t smoke or drink.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2020, 12:51:15 AM »
went wine tasting one weekend in napa . we are in r hotel room and taking the elevator down and mother fucking yao ming gets inside with us . one of the most shocking moments of my life

also, greg oosterag played on my beer league hockey team for a couple seasons

Hahahaha, I just could not imagine

Slim_Moochie

• Rep: -9
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2020, 01:25:37 AM »
Gabbers is the homie. My friends Gus who’s the bassist of amyl and the sniffers turned down a joint with brandon biebel at the girl australia tour cause he was worried his mum would smell it on him.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2020, 03:35:37 AM »
i watched videos of the top pros

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2020, 04:40:34 AM »
I've interviewed a bunch of people for my zine (Neckface, Grosso, Fos, Hsu).
Fred Smith sent me a bunch of stickers, a demo for his band and signed the envelope.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2020, 05:36:06 AM »
I grew up skating with Josef Scott Jatta and know most of the sour guys. Wes Kremer knows me by name.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
  • Get bent
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2020, 05:43:23 AM »
I was at a make a wish and they were passing out hotdogs, Spider-Man dan asked if wanted some queso.... it left a lasting impact on my life so much so it’s my sig
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2020, 05:48:11 AM »
my homie went to high 5 jerry hsu whereas jerry went for a fist bump and he grabbed his fist

lavrentiy

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2020, 05:59:09 AM »
i made eye contact with chris pfanner one time at macba

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2020, 06:48:21 AM »
Oh yeah, I got to ride in a van with the volcom team on the harley tour, had beers with colllin and pfanner after this insane ollie, no biggie.

2:48

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2020, 06:58:02 AM »
I went to pick up my girl to the Puerto Vallarta Airport on Dec 31 2019 and while I was waiting I saw Frecks walking out of the domestic arrivals, went and fan a bit and offer him a ride back to Bucerias but my girl had a bigass bag + my baby, Frecks ended up going by bus, he was cool tho, really nice guy

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2020, 06:58:32 AM »
internetfamous liked my post on IG

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2020, 07:22:17 AM »
Oh yeah, I got to ride in a van with the volcom team on the harley tour, had beers with colllin and pfanner after this insane ollie, no biggie.

2:48

That spot looked sick!  Wes skated that spot in the DC promo.
Are there a lot/ good spots in Gothenburg? Never been.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:34:15 AM by HateFV »

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
I was at a make a wish and they were passing out hotdogs, Spider-Man dan asked if wanted some queso.... it left a lasting impact on my life so much so it’s my sig
Did you get some queso?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
  • Get bent
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2020, 07:59:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did you get some queso?
Oh definitely, also smoked a cig with him and stu graham, I was hyped
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2020, 08:32:05 AM »
Fred Smith sent me a bunch of stickers, a demo for his band and signed the envelope.
May I ask what the Zine is called? That's pretty awesome.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
May I ask what the Zine is called? That's pretty awesome.

It's called "5 Questions for 5" so basically I ask 5 skateboarders the same 5 questions. Currently there's only 1 issue as I have a few other zines on the go but I'm hopefully working on another.

DM me your address and I'll send you a copy if you want.   
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

downshift

• Rep: 2
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2020, 09:25:10 AM »
Met the zero team in 2003. My mom and I talked to Chris Cole after the demo. Dying to Live Tour Framingham MA.

Saw westgate pretty much come up at the Wareham Sk8shop when he got on 5boro. Dompierre, Westagte, and Shetler all skated there. Westgate also lives in the town over from me. My friend films with him a decent amount in Boston.

Zered was born/raised on Cape Cod MA. Legend around here for sure haha

talked to Grant Patterson a few times on insta. so rad

random but i think Josh Wilson used to summer on Cape Cod.

Kevin Coakley lives or has family on Cape. Recently helped redo finch skatepark in orleans.

Met PJ Ladds sister at a hospital in Boston. My dad was getting surgery and she said she would bring me some stickers. Never got any :( haha all good though. She said he was on tour with eS in Japan.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:21:16 AM by downshift »
I WANNA TALK TO SAMPSON!