Author Topic: EX Girl/Chocolate riders still ride Royal Trucks? or did they jump ship?  (Read 7376 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I couldn’t imagine posting on slap so many times that I would become a “pal” or “hero”

Yet here you are, posting on SLAP, and off topic nonetheless.
Congratulations user belt.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:44:26 PM by mattchew »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I have Royals on my cruiser.  They were $10 for the pair on some wacky Crail Tap sale.  They're fine for going to the store and back. 

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
I couldn’t imagine posting on slap so many times that I would become a “pal” or “hero”
[close]

I guess no one told him about the unlimited free blowjob voucher pals get.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

belt

• Rep: -16
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is that how you get vouchers for the gloryhole in the back room at kcdc? I better shit post my brains out

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
Do you guys really think Rickk and Mike, two dudes who obviously love to ride skateboards, actually ride such terrible trucks? There's no way? If they don't that breaks my heart though, promoting something you obviously don't back.
I don't think Rickk has ever actually been on Royal, which is sort of funny considering he owns them. Pretty sure he's still on Indy.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 05:40:54 PM by clintendo »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
some of the #skatetwitter dudes are doing like an #indyexit because of the iron cross and 1010. i think that's kind of stupid considering they skate distinctly from every other truck. every truck skates differently lol. I'm not gonna gimp my skating to impress a freelancer
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

robby13

I was wondering this about Jerry Hsu the other day. I had Royals on my first cruiser board and they were pretty nice. They were some rare crailtap collab and I scored them for only $13 brand new lol

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
Been riding Indys for like 13 years straight, been wanting to skate some Thunders again just to switch it up because i remember some of the best feeling skating i’ve done were on Thunders but i’m too poosey to drastically switch anything up on my set-up. I really do love the way Indys turn though...sometimes all it takes is a gear change to get re-hyped on skating again

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Don't switch from Indy to anything. Thunder don't grind. Just tighten Indys so the top of the nut is flush with the king pin and go. The bushings break in really quick and you either need to learn how to balance or loose weight if you have an issue with them. If they are too tight you may want to gain a little weight.

Okay so you're saying the key to dialing in your trucks is just dieting or bulking up in the gym. It makes perfect sense

robby13

Been riding Indys for like 13 years straight, been wanting to skate some Thunders again just to switch it up because i remember some of the best feeling skating i’ve done were on Thunders but i’m too poosey to drastically switch anything up on my set-up. I really do love the way Indys turn though...sometimes all it takes is a gear change to get re-hyped on skating again

Try Ace

brettpancake

• Rep: 2
You know things are rough when Jordan Maxham is starting "a new chapter"...

I could see him on Mini Logo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
Expand Quote
[close]

Try Ace

This, then Thunder
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
I think Cory Kennedy rode Thunders even though he was/still is on Royal.

bo golden

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

SHHHHHH!!!

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
people these days seem to lack imaginations. they can’t even imagine the most basic scenarios.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
I have a set of Royals on my board right now. There's nothing wrong with them at all. Also, I'm 40 years old and do flat ground in a parking lot.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

You know things are rough when Jordan Maxham is starting "a new chapter"...

Someone pointed out in the comments that the truck has a busted pivot cup, lol
ableSkateMag.com

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
I think the only person who legitimately rides them is the angelic wife beater, which I don’t think is by choice.

I had a friend who rode them exclusively and loved them, and I had a pair of the Carolina blue hanger trucks with the blue bushings in the early 2000’s. My axle snapped off at Flushing Meadows, and my wheel wound up falling under the fountain since someone lifted the grate up.

I don’t think Koston really rode any of his sponsor’s trucks unless it was for an ad. When he was on Royal I’d see him using Indies/ Venture/ Thunder, and when he was on Indy I’d see him skating Thunders. P-Rod was the only one I could remember who clearly rode them before he went to Silver.

I think they should have kept the blue bushings instead of using black ones, is that weird? I think Venture should have stuck with Red/ Green/ Purple bushings too.

Whoever said Thunder trucks don’t grind is clearly doing something wrong, and I personally don’t like the Indy trucks after Stage 7 & 8. I still have a pair of Koston Indies, but they’re fucking heavy and I like the way Thunders turn better. I’ll ride Ventures if I can’t get Thunders, but even those are kind of heavy for a supposedly light truck.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:17:01 AM by Matthew_James »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
some of the #skatetwitter dudes are doing like an #indyexit because of the iron cross and 1010. i think that's kind of stupid considering they skate distinctly from every other truck. every truck skates differently lol. I'm not gonna gimp my skating to impress a freelancer

wow this is truly regular thanks I'm of to twitter a trolling
" I did not say this I am not here"