Author Topic: EX Girl/Chocolate riders still ride Royal Trucks? or did they jump ship?  (Read 7377 times)

whorific

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Cant imagine not having a clean break from crail , any insight into how this works?
" I did not say this I am not here"

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Did anyone ever actually ride royals?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
You know things are rough when Jordan Maxham is starting "a new chapter"...

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
doubt it. none of those ex-riders really left on good terms.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
Had one set of royals when I was in my kid years; I remember not really liking the way they felt and the kingpin ended up breaking on the back truck like three days in or something and i ended up just tossing them away so I never got a chance to get used to them but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have grown to like them down the road just because I remember them feeling so weird. Rode a few other trucks after that but then went to Indys and have been riding Indys ever since.

doublesteveburger

I can’t imagine being the type of person that has to tell thousands of people that you switched your pair of trucks.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
When I was in 5th grade my friend broke the baseplate of his royals. He broke the actual baseplate. He was a skinny little kid in 5th grade. He then went out and bought phatom trucks like an idiot because we were 5th graders and 5th graders are dumb. He stopped skating the next year. I was skating plain thunders and I had a muska silhouette board.

bo golden

i cant imagine anyone riding Royal's and thinking they are superior to any other truck.  i tried a set and hated them.  kingpin was super long and they didnt turn worth a shit.  currently ride Indy's and have for a long time, but thinking of trying some thunders.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Literally gave mine away for free to iwishilvdinfnland, if that tells you anything.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
i cant imagine anyone riding Royal's and thinking they are superior to any other truck.  i tried a set and hated them.  kingpin was super long and they didnt turn worth a shit.  currently ride Indy's and have for a long time, but thinking of trying some thunders.

Yeah Thunders turn way quicker not surfy at all funny thing though all you have to do is throw Bones Medium bushings in practically anything and they turn like Thunders , and I for one hate it I'm an Indy/Venture guy forever heavy and surfy
" I did not say this I am not here"

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
Guy was supposedly co-owner of Royal but he skates thunders now.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
Do you guys really think Rickk and Mike, two dudes who obviously love to ride skateboards, actually ride such terrible trucks? There's no way? If they don't that breaks my heart though, promoting something you obviously don't back.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
Do you guys really think Rickk and Mike, two dudes who obviously love to ride skateboards, actually ride such terrible trucks? There's no way? If they don't that breaks my heart though, promoting something you obviously don't back.
Well I do think they skate royals because didn’t they just make them exactly the same as a venture mold?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

bo golden

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah Thunders turn way quicker not surfy at all funny thing though all you have to do is throw Bones Medium bushings in practically anything and they turn like Thunders , and I for one hate it I'm an Indy/Venture guy forever heavy and surfy

ive ridden strictly Indy since around 2004-5ish (what i bought after the royals) and have an affinity toward that surfy feeling, so you just sold me to sticking with the Indy's.

bo golden

Guy was supposedly co-owner of Royal but he skates thunders now.

i bet Guy sold his shares of everything he had related to Crail when he was peacing out.

redux

• Rep: -5
Don't switch from Indy to anything. Thunder don't grind. Just tighten Indys so the top of the nut is flush with the king pin and go. The bushings break in really quick and you either need to learn how to balance or loose weight if you have an issue with them. If they are too tight you may want to gain a little weight.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
Don't switch from Indy to anything. Thunder don't grind. Just tighten Indys so the top of the nut is flush with the king pin and go. The bushings break in really quick and you either need to learn how to balance or loose weight if you have an issue with them. If they are too tight you may want to gain a little weight.

this post is full of oddities but please tell me how thunders dont grind

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Apparently Jerry still rides for them, he had two pro trucks after leaving Chocolate.

Obviously that doesn't mean that he's riding them

Idk

• SLAP Pal
Apparently Jerry still rides for them, he had two pro trucks after leaving Chocolate.

Obviously that doesn't mean that he's riding them
He's straight up riding Indys lol

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -403
  • Your brain has no facts.
Must have found out Ol' Domestic Violence Daryl was still on the team.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
I see all the negativity about Royals and Tensor and I'm really tempted to get a pair just, so that I learn appreciate Indys more
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!

Not knocking your personal preference but people really need to stop acting like Indy's are the end all, be all of all trucks. Talk about sipping the kool-aid...They're the heaviest truck out of all the major ones by a wide margin and not everyone prefers how high they sit or how they affect wheelbase. Obviously they're a historic brand but there's so much that goes into truck geometry and personal preference, that to really sit here and act like there's a single truck that's head and shoulders above everything else is asinine.

Like, you really just sat here and told us that the second largest truck company with the largest, most technical team makes trucks that don't grind and proceeded to suggest altering your actual body weight or relearning how to balance in order to make some Indy's work

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
I see all the negativity about Royals and Tensor and I'm really tempted to get a pair just, so that I learn appreciate Indys more

most folks here haven't tried a new truck brand in over a decade, it's impressive but also sounds kind of boring.

Crack Whore

• Rep: -16
  • no double on the midnight menu
i never had a pair but no way theyre worse than GK's   
All you shiteating faggots saying i cant ollie need to shut the fuck up. Of course i can ollie, im just critiquing the brail skateboarding video where the guy says to pop straight up.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
Expand Quote
[close]

most folks here haven't tried a new truck brand in over a decade, it's impressive but also sounds kind of boring.
This! I used to be a thunder guy, but the last 4something years I've been trying everything. I skated ck royals and actually really liked them, no issues at all

Idk

• SLAP Pal
I thought the only reason Royal still exists is for tax purposes.

the tranny monster

• Rep: -22
When I was a kid I rode like two pairs of those theeve trucks with the bones bushing stock, I actually really liked them.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ

Right now on my way home from skating. This was the last night on indys for me. Changing back to Thunders. Just don't like how tall and mushy Indys feel.

belt

• Rep: -16
I couldn’t imagine posting on slap so many times that I would become a “pal” or “hero”