Author Topic: BBBB - Bronson Bones Bearing Beef  (Read 20069 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: BBBB - Bronson Bones Bearing Beef
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »
Good marketing for sure, see, y'all are talking about it ;)

Swiss Six for life.

I do run some G3s, no shields in another set of wheels tho.

beef_rag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »
NHS VS SKATE1

Could get interesting......

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2019, 02:03:51 PM »
I’ve been riding a set of Bronson g3’s Since they came out maybe 2016 so like 3 years and they still work great and I haven’t lost a single shield, never cleaned them, from time to time I wipe them with a paper towel/dried cum rag from wiping off my girlfriend once in awhile. I have some weird sex/skateboarding rituals but I’ll look for a madness thread to put those in.

Do you just never skate or something?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2019, 02:06:27 PM »
The cages in my G3s broke skating very low impact stuff for a few months. Worst bearings out there. No reply from Bronson when I complained. Never again. Also fuck then even more starting this unnecessary beef.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2019, 02:20:11 PM »

Element white ceramic was the best bearings I’ve ever had. I took great care of them. Lasted from 2002-2016

Element used to send me Ceramic bearings around the same time - they sucked so hard, only bearings I ever had that couldnt hold up at all, so my experience was totally different then yours on those

KRKD1

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
I bought bronsons once cause I liked the name. Bronson speed co sounded tight. Three of em exploded in within a couple weeks. They hooked it up with replacement set though no charge and they held up decently.  Maybe just a bad batch but still wasnt all the impressed after going through that. Never had that problem with bones though, not a few weeks into a new set atleast .

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2019, 02:45:32 PM »
Nothing more than stupid social media antics as a means to draw attention to themselves.

Had a set of Bronsons a few years ago and like most people's experience, they were trash.

You could argue that there's better bearings than Bone's Reds but I doubt anyone would say that there's a bearing out there that's as solid (and historically proven) as Bones Swiss.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
I only skate kosher bearings.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
I bought bronsons once cause I liked the name. Bronson speed co sounded tight. Three of em exploded in within a couple weeks. They hooked it up with replacement set though no charge and they held up decently.  Maybe just a bad batch but still wasnt all the impressed after going through that. Never had that problem with bones though, not a few weeks into a new set atleast .

Hey jabroni make your sig bigger
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2019, 06:34:05 PM »
I love how triggered you are all over some funny insta posts. Thank god you weren't around in 90's and all the shit talking that went on in ads. When did skaters get so soft. I've skated Bones and I've skate Bronson. Both make good bearings. If Bones wasn't so vanilla maybe they'd fire back. Shits funny, skating needs more shit talking. Lighten the fuck up and laugh a little. Or stand in circle, hold each others dicks, and sing Kumbaya.

Cxbvc

• Rep: 2
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »

????

Tallahassee

• Rep: 8
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2019, 06:41:08 PM »

mook

• Rep: 2
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »
It's been my understanding that Bones are the only bearings purposely manufactured for skateboarding. Everything else is just repackaged machine bearings.

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
the ONLY brand whose ever made a product in terms of engineering that is on the same level as bones is OUST, and there is no debating it. Seismics concept of bearings with the spacers built in is fucking brilliant, if bones would have come up with that concept u would have what is truest the best bearings that could be produced for skating.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »
the ONLY brand whose ever made a product in terms of engineering that is on the same level as bones is OUST, and there is no debating it. Seismics concept of bearings with the spacers built in is fucking brilliant, if bones would have come up with that concept u would have what is truest the best bearings that could be produced for skating.

http://bonesbearings.com/bones-reg-race-reds-reg-skateboard-bearings-8-pack

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2019, 10:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn this just goes to show u how fucking good bones bearings are. I’ve rode for many many years now, and in my first 10 years I always rode bones Swiss. I would blow a set roughly 6 months-a year. Then I started fooling around with some different bearings, and about 3 years ago I got 2 sets of ceramics for my street board and cruiser, and they have seriously lasted this long with no damage, and are still the fastest bearings I’ve ever ridden. I haven’t looked for bearings since, so I had no idea bones had copied seismics shit a couple years ago.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Glurmpz

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »

So, bearings with a built-in spacer have existed since at least the 80's - just a heads up. Never heard of Seismic. Budget Walmart completes often had really shitty bearings with the built-in spacer, and lots of rollerblade bearings had them too (think I saw a pack in a sports store or something).

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 631
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2019, 12:13:14 AM »
Do bearings expire?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2019, 02:57:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They should make race Swiss six balls. I love that design. No fiddling with spacers or washers. I think Reds are great too but it would be nice to upgrade to Swiss six balls and still have the built in spacers and slightly extended inner race on the other side too.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2019, 03:37:16 AM »
All I know is i got some bones 6, some swiss and shit I cant beleive i hadnt sooner. Shits are great.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:46 AM »
its always wack when a company directly attacks a competitor through their advertising. if you actually make an objectively superior product the consumer will find out from word of mouth or first hand use. when you try to beat them over the head with it you just come off as desperate. usually when companies do this theyll at least have an example demonstrating why theyre the better choice like a superior manufacturing process, a favorable statistic, or some kind of test between the two products, but in this case its just bronson loudly saying "yep, were better @bonesbearings".

Not true, the Baker vs Bootleg beef in their print ads were awesome.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Funky Boy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
I like how the Bones IG account replied with the equivalent of, "Yeah? Well, nice face."
my new purpose in life is to keep you at 0

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2019, 04:23:26 PM »
I've had hardluck since before the drama, modus in my cruiser...
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2019, 04:33:29 PM »
Bronson are the royal trucks of bearings

Jimmydickface

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2019, 04:42:44 PM »
I ride independent bearings.
Someone already said it but I bet all these bearings are made by the same people. Just re-branding products with different names. I worked in a frozen pizza factory and we made pizzas for 12 different brands. All the pizzas were the same and they retailed for prices that ranged between 4$-16$ for the same pizza. Consumers are really dumb. I would only go on record saying I ride NHS product, I would not want them coming after me. NHS is the best!!!

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »
bronson spent several years designing the G3 and the Raw bearings. both are good bearings. the G2s are crappy bearings packaged to compete with Reds. bearings should be grouped by price point. in the $20 price range Reds is the best of the group. Reds is the same price as bronson G2 and cheaper than Andele 7 and Hard luck six ball.

Bronsons add is stupid because G3s are $30 and reds are $18 so their more expensive bearing better out perform the cheaper one

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »
What worries me is how many innocent cell phone batteries & keyboards will die when the beef is squashed.   

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2019, 06:06:33 AM »
You guys remember the black magic vs mob griptape beef from the early 2000s?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2019, 06:08:54 AM »
black magic>mob
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.