Author Topic: Avengers EndGame discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 2252 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
Avengers EndGame discussion (SPOILERS)
« on: April 26, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
Anyone else catch the Avengers flick? End of an era I fucked with it heavy

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
Re: Avengers EndGame discussion (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »
I cried around 3 times. They did a really good job and resolved a loose ends solidly.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 12:43:44 AM »
It was a huge surprise when they revealed Captain America was working with Thanos the whole time.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 04:41:53 AM »
It was cool but Infinity War had way more sauce

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:05:02 AM »
I couldn’t believe that Spider-Man was gay this whole time.  Wild.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »
koston had last part
also they played fortnite

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 03:20:34 PM »
I think these kind of mo ies are dumb as fuck, give me spoilers so i can ruin yhis shit for someone at the park haha
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 05:20:21 PM »
A few thoughts...

So Cap totally was able to pick up the hammer in Age of Ultron, but didn't because he didn't want to embarrass Thor, right?

Fat Thor made me think of Fat Mac the whole time. I kept waiting for him to do something and just be ripped Thor again, but they committed to the gag.

Even without the Gauntlet, they couldn't beat Thanos. Dude was still fucking them up left and right. 

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »
A few thoughts...

So Cap totally was able to pick up the hammer in Age of Ultron, but didn't because he didn't want to embarrass Thor, right?

Fat Thor made me think of Fat Mac the whole time. I kept waiting for him to do something and just be ripped Thor again, but they committed to the gag.

Even without the Gauntlet, they couldn't beat Thanos. Dude was still fucking them up left and right.

I thought he was conflicted at the time but Thor’s, “I knew it” line is making me agree with you. I’ve never clapped in excitement during a movie before but that moment did it for me. Still hyped on Cap weilding Mjolnir.

I enjoyed the Hawkeye intro but the first 30-45 min after that flowed a bit weird. Got over it as soon as I reminded myself that I was watching a comic book movie.

Laughed at black widow’s death scene because it was too similar to Gamorra’s. I don’t think the avengers needed her two pistols and her hurricanrana’s.

Not a fan of Professor Hulk due to his lack of smashing. I get he was hurt, but I feel like he did no damage during the last scene. I thought he would get a rematch against the other bad big dude.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 06:51:58 PM »
It was cool but Infinity War had way more sauce

This.

Also thought Hulk could've done some fighting at the end and wanted to see him go toe to toe with Thanos one last time.

Black Widow death was kinda pointless, too similar to Gamora. Felt weird that she wasn't a part of the final battle where literally every single Avenger/character that can fight (even Howard the Duck) showed up to fuck up Thanos' army.

This leads to: What's going to happen with BW's movie?
Wanda and Vision supposedly have a Disney+ series coming, but Vision is still dead.
Loki took the Tesseract, where is he now?
Old man Cap and what he did with the stones

Obviously had its epic moments. Still reeling in the death of Stark.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 09:09:39 PM »
Captain America wasn't worthy enough for whatever reason by Age of Ultron to full on pick up the hammer, but after whatever arc he can now dual wield god's weapons like a pro. The comics did the same thing but it was after him and Thor had some adventure together. Hopefully with Thor going off to be a walking fart joke they bring in my man Beta Ray Bill

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
I wish someone would have called Thor dude.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 10:06:45 PM »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »
Also, they made Thor into Fat Mac to nerf him, right? Because a full power Thor like at the end of Infinity War would have wrecked a Gauntlet-less Thanos in short order, imo...

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »
Fatt Thor Rules

So corny when audience clapped like 10x

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 11:14:08 PM »
Also, they made Thor into Fat Mac to nerf him, right? Because a full power Thor like at the end of Infinity War would have wrecked a Gauntlet-less Thanos in short order, imo...

I thought this too. Capt marvel is also god tier but nerfed her screen time to limit what she could've done to thanos.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I cried around 3 times.
[close]

So did my co-worker. She is five months pregnant...

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
Captain America summoning Thor's hammer was so damn cool
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought this too. Capt marvel is also god tier but nerfed her screen time to limit what she could've done to thanos.

My friend leaned over and called out dual wielding Thor by saying something along the lines of "this would have been easier if you had stayed in shape." Was expecting him to power up and get skinny again but didn't happen sadly.

Cpat. Marvel did become a let down. I expected a better fight. Especially post that scene with all the female characters (WHAT DID MANTIS EVEN DO?!?)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
Fat Thor is the shit I'd have a beer with him, excited to see how the MCU films go from here. What I didn't understand is how Peter Parker is still in high school even after a 5 year gap between the snap and returning

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »
Fat Thor is the shit I'd have a beer with him, excited to see how the MCU films go from here. What I didn't understand is how Peter Parker is still in high school even after a 5 year gap between the snap and returning

He technically didn't finish school. There is a 5 year gap and we all have to assume that he and ALL his friends were decimated and stay the same age they were snapped. A huge coincidence, but leads them to their European vacation!

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Especially post that scene with all the female characters (WHAT DID MANTIS EVEN DO?!?)

lol thinking the same while watching her run without any weapons or anything.

The first night of the premiere , my buddy trolled everybody on fb by saying - He cant comprehend how Captain America dies in the first five minutes. Legendary, people flipped the fuck out on him  :D

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2019, 02:11:52 PM »
It was okay, I just feel like time travel shit is messy. For example how Loki stole the tesseract and vanished without any explanation past that. (Even though cap and IM retrieved it from earlier from Howard stark.) it just seemed like they might have created an alternate time line for Loki. Current day nebula kills past nebula in current day. (You kill a past version of yourself=you kill yourself) captain America travels back and stays in the 50s while past captain America also still exists? So is there 2 captain America’s existing in the same time frame? There’s some other paradoxes but those are the main ones that I can think of.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Especially post that scene with all the female characters (WHAT DID MANTIS EVEN DO?!?)
[close]

lol thinking the same while watching her run without any weapons or anything.

The first night of the premiere , my buddy trolled everybody on fb by saying - He cant comprehend how Captain America dies in the first five minutes. Legendary, people flipped the fuck out on him  :D

That's great lol
I've been loving the stupid fake spoilers like this
https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1122636413864824833

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1363
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 07:34:59 PM »
Time travel is messy but I dug the fake out beginning. I really did wanna see Smart Hulk hulk out into some kind of Super Hulk and fuck up Thanos just a little bit.

Shoutout to Beta Ray Bill...the illest space horse man around.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »
Like others, I didn't care when Natasha died. I wanted to, but the copycat death didn't suit her. I'm not so sad as I'm upset that Iron Man's done. That character and his ingenuity with his suit's abilities can't be replaced; I'll miss seeing it on screen. The Russo's definitely have their favorite character and this movie felt more catered to Captain America's story, especially in the last act. The combo of Professor Hulk and Fat Thor... They each were funny and clearly had clout in the storyline but the it was jarring and difficult to digest, at least on the first viewing.

Past Thanos was such a shit.

Overall, I liked it but had more fun with Infinity War.

It was okay, I just feel like time travel shit is messy. For example how Loki stole the tesseract and vanished without any explanation past that. (Even though cap and IM retrieved it from earlier from Howard stark.) it just seemed like they might have created an alternate time line for Loki. Current day nebula kills past nebula in current day. (You kill a past version of yourself=you kill yourself) captain America travels back and stays in the 50s while past captain America also still exists? So is there 2 captain America’s existing in the same time frame? There’s some other paradoxes but those are the main ones that I can think of.

It'll probably be explained when Loki gets his Disney+ streaming show.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 08:04:34 PM »
I think they low-key set up Black Panther vs Namor during the scene Black Widow was delegating to the others about their jobs. Which if I'm going full crazy theory that means a Killmonger revival if he was really buried in the ocean.

Also, them explaining that five years has passed explains his blossoming relationship with Sexy Aunt May and Happy in the Far From Home trailer because either A) They both survived the snap and spent those years talking because he's the only link she'd have to Peter's whereabouts or B) She got dusted too and now that Peter's going through it about Tony's death she talked to Happy about how best to handle Peter losing his mentor.

I do think Black Widow dying was hella telegraphed from finding out who was going where. Felt absolutely nothing besides not being able to look at her ass anymore.

topblagger

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 10:52:25 AM »

I assumed when present Nebula killed past Nebula she would also drop dead therefore killing off another character.

It was a decent enough ending, not as emotional as I'd imagined. I also preferred the battle from Infinity War on Wakanda.

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »
If true about Namor, that’s how they bring back Michael B. Jordan.