Author Topic: Luan "Pro Model"  (Read 8026 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
Re: Luan "Pro Model"
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 12:19:11 AM »
they are not fuck, as the brazillians say.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 12:29:00 AM »
I recently bought Charmin Ultra toilet paper to take a break from the normal recycled whole foods tp, and man oh man, so soft on my butthole.

Oh shit! I thought this thread topic about Luan's Nike shoe was in the "whatever" section.

Speaking of shit, I got Northern Quilt 3-ply TP. It's nicer than the Costco 2-ply, but it does feel a little excessive.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 04:45:15 AM »
dreams of his name on the insoles of another mans shoe?

Nike just walking all over their pros...

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 05:31:23 AM »
He could have just got a pro model footprint insole and he would be in the same boat as he is now. He could then put his insole in different shoes. Maybe even put it in a shoe with a better color way

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 06:21:02 AM »
At last Shane Oneill version was good.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 07:11:36 AM »
Who all has had an actual signature pro model shoe on Nike? Anyone besides P.Rod, Koston, Omar, BA, and Janoski?
CK1 - but I think they're pretending that never happened

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Who all has had an actual signature pro model shoe on Nike? Anyone besides P.Rod, Koston, Omar, BA, and Janoski?
[close]

Don't forget about Jah.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Don't forget about Jah.

Didn't CK1 shoe already exist as the All Court? Kinda the same deal with the GT Blazer?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mohamedg89

• Rep: -22
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 07:25:22 AM »
Whenever I remember that Anthony Pappalardo had a pro model on Cons and guys like Shane O neil, Ishod and Luan get colorways, I get very upset.

On a side note, I would love to see Cons do a contest where anyone who can recreate Pops part in Fully Flared gets an honorary Cons pro model. Should take a local ripper a week or two to get it done.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 08:57:58 AM »
What kind of ironclad contract did Janoski get with Nike that they can't just take that specific popular design and put other skater's names on the tongue?

I can see why Nike doesn't want to create new, and likely not to sell as well as Janoskis, designs for a pro skater's shoe. It's probably even better for the skater (in this case Luan) who get's royalties on numbers sold to have their cut of a Janoski rather than a new design that won't sell as good. But, man, it is kinda insulting to get a 'color way' and your name on the insole of some washed-up skater's pro model.

So, congrats to Stephan on Luan's shoe. His dream continues to come more true with every new pro model.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 09:20:53 AM »
What kind of ironclad contract did Janoski get with Nike that they can't just take that specific popular design and put other skater's names on the tongue?

I can see why Nike doesn't want to create new, and likely not to sell as well as Janoskis, designs for a pro skater's shoe. It's probably even better for the skater (in this case Luan) who get's royalties on numbers sold to have their cut of a Janoski rather than a new design that won't sell as good. But, man, it is kinda insulting to get a 'color way' and your name on the insole of some washed-up skater's pro model.

So, congrats to Stephan on Luan's shoe. His dream continues to come more true with every new pro model.

It makes sense.  Look at all the companies that tried to have a bunch team shoes and give all their pros pro shoes.  Circa, Globe, DC version 1, etc.  Nike is smart enough to keep it simple and stay with the classics, which sell to skateboarders and non-skateboarders alike.  Pretty much Dunks, Janoski's, and Blazers.  Does PRod still have a shoe? 

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 09:22:06 AM »
dreams of his name on the insoles of another mans shoe?

thats the most you can dream of on nike

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 09:22:42 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that Nike just bought the rights to the Janoski name for a lump sum. If that is the case they could take the name off any time they want. BUT that name now has brand recognition outside of skating, its a style of shoe, not a skaters name. The little mongo pushing mall rat kids that go into zumiez won't buy the Luan slip on even though its the exact same shoe because they think they won't get the same amount of street cred as if they bought a "Janoski".

Dustwardprez

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 10:49:24 AM »
Isn't Luan on the same boat as Shane with that "If I had a shoe it would be a Janoski?"

I think that’s kinda bullshit.

a Janoski or a dunk is a safe choice because it’s guaranteed to sell. These are 2 of the most popular shoes in and outside of skateboarding.

Look at those Koston’s with the thick insoles and the  clear band or whatever that is. Those are $10 at marshals and they still don’t sell.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 11:31:54 PM »
Still, this can't beat the lamest pro model in skateboarding history. It involves Colt Cannon, anybody remember what I'm talking about?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2019, 04:12:14 AM »
Luan Really Hi Tape “Pro Model”

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2019, 04:31:20 AM »
Whenever I remember that Anthony Pappalardo had a pro model on Cons and guys like Shane O neil, Ishod and Luan get colorways, I get very upset.

On a side note, I would love to see Cons do a contest where anyone who can recreate Pops part in Fully Flared gets an honorary Cons pro model. Should take a local ripper a week or two to get it done.

Put on your 3D glasses and show us on the doll where Anthony Pappalardo touched you:

shit_for_brains

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2019, 05:34:55 AM »
Luan Really Hi Tape “Pro Model”

And then a Brazilian phenom of the late 2020s gets a really really high tape model that has the same sole as Ali Boulala's Osiris shoe.

Mohamedg89

• Rep: -22
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2019, 08:10:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Put on your 3D glasses and show us on the doll where Anthony Pappalardo touched you:

He did a pole jam on my wee wee. I told him it made me uncomfortable that he couldnt at least ollie on to my pecker but after he said I just "dont get it'"

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2019, 08:27:05 AM »
I think it's easier for a shoe brand, big or small, to produce the same design in different colorways instead of getting stuck with 4 pro models all kinda looking the same ( see Emerica ).

It's just strange to believe that these days as there's a lot more money into skateboarding, allegedly, there are less pro model shoes than in 2004 for example.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2019, 11:44:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Don't forget about Jah.
[close]

Didn't CK1 shoe already exist as the All Court? Kinda the same deal with the GT Blazer?
Oh yeah, I forgot about Nyjah. I didnt include CK1, because as stated previously, that was the All Court, an exisiting Nike offering.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2019, 12:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think the project BA counts as a pro model. They pulled that lame shit where they say "inspired by" instead of "Signature model".

I vaguely remember an interview where a nike rider talked about how they were doing away with completely original pro models since the Omar shoes bombed so hard. And they went on to talk of what is now their current program (updating nike's "greatest hits" with pro's names on them).

I always thought that Omar shoe was pretty decent looking.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »
Imagine giving SZA creative control and he shits out this for your brand in like 2012 and you gotta sell it? Maybe brands are just afraid to get burned, Luan probably mentioned loving blue camo and they were like fuck no this dude is not designing a shoe.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 809
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Don't forget about Jah.
[close]

[close]
Oh yeah, I forgot about Nyjah. I didnt include CK1, because as stated previously, that was the All Court, an exisiting Nike offering.

to be fair though they didn't make sb all courts before that ck shoe

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 04:35:05 PM »
Imagine giving SZA creative control and he shits out this for your brand in like 2012 and you gotta sell it? Maybe brands are just afraid to get burned, Luan probably mentioned loving blue camo and they were like fuck no this dude is not designing a shoe.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, this specific Szfranski shoe screams of a factory being like “we can make something like this” and it being pushed on a team rider.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »
Nike and Luan know that the janoski is the best selling sneaker of all time, and a color way of it will sell more than a Luan pro model shoe would.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He did a pole jam on my wee wee. I told him it made me uncomfortable that he couldnt at least ollie on to my pecker but after he said I just "dont get it'"

The only acceptable answer would have been your heart in Photosynthesis. We live in a world where wee wee jams are now an accepted practice that's even encouraged in some core circles. One's life seemingly gets better as soon as they stop trying to understand everything.

I wonder if kids like Kadow would be a thing without Pops' FF part. Depending on one's tastes in skating that can be considered good or bad aftermath, but the impact that part had is undeniable regardless. I'm not even necessarily that much of a Pops fan by the way nor am I attacking your opinion, just commenting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:17:38 AM by silhouette »

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »
Never noticed before I saw that shoe: if you rearrange the letters in his name you almost get "anal".
Anul O.? Sounds like a topical ointment

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »

Holy shit that’s gross. Looks like a chukka in the middle any circa from the early 2000s cuz of that strap, all on a skytop sole. The zipper and button on the strap are the icing on this hideous cake. Sometimes the foxing stripe looks good when it’s done different from vans. This is not one of those times.
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »

A zipper and a fucking snap. I remember this shoe when it was first released and thought it looked bad. Now looking at it I can't even believe it existed. It looks like a shoe you'd see on the display rack at the entrance of that store called Buckle you see in the mall.