Author Topic: Mark Oblow is a certified KOOK  (Read 21909 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -148
Re: Mark Oblow is a certified KOOK
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2019, 08:02:31 PM »

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2019, 08:03:41 PM »
lmao when a groupa libtard niggas think only cops should have guns

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2019, 08:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
its fucked that a perosn thinkss they need that may guns in there home. its fucked a person thinks they need A gun in there home.
America is such a messed up place, all you guys defending gun ownership and thinkin hes dumb fro getting rid of his prove that a America is fucked.

its crazy you can go to walmart and get a deth machine.

I genuienly dont even know how you;d go about getting a gun up here in Scotland. you need a licence to carrya knife if it slonger than 3 inches here. its sick.
 I send my kid to school every day and genuinely feel like he's pretty safe.
 you cant put a price on that.
[close]

Have you ever been raped, robbed or beaten?

Do you take medicine when you get sick?

Do you wear a seat belt?

Does the practice of storing antivenom make sense to you?

Do you own any land or items worth more than $500? (Or whatever your currency is)

I have been taken advantage of.. A firearm being shown would have possibly detured the attacker..

Nobody wants to pull the trigger, nobody wants to draw to ready. But you can rest assured we won't be subjects at the will of the ones wishing to cause harm

And say the fire arm is never needed. That's the ideal situation we all want to happen. Here's to having and never using airbags

Shalom?

Not shalom. Disingenuous. More medicine? Less people die. Wear a seatbelt? Less chance of dying. More guns? More likely to die.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2019, 08:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

Are you agreeing or do you not get the joke?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:20:48 PM by Burt Ward »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2019, 08:25:12 PM »

Welp, your insult/argument has convinced me to leave the middle ground and side with you. I'm convinced that your side is comprised of adults with well reasoned arguments, and you are not an overly emotional crazy who uses superficial us/them irrationalities that lack any real depth to justify your beliefs. Seriously, if your goal is to build/harden resistance to your ideas this is the perfect way to do so.

Also, considering the identity politics of contemporary conservatives is often associated with "standing w/the police and not the protestor/'criminal'" and supporting "law and order" via (blind) support of the police and a reduced emphasis on due process, your anti-police argument feels extremely disingenuous and weak.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
he's a kook for sure, but if anything, this is redeeming his kookiness

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2019, 08:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
its fucked that a perosn thinkss they need that may guns in there home. its fucked a person thinks they need A gun in there home.
America is such a messed up place, all you guys defending gun ownership and thinkin hes dumb fro getting rid of his prove that a America is fucked.

its crazy you can go to walmart and get a deth machine.

I genuienly dont even know how you;d go about getting a gun up here in Scotland. you need a licence to carrya knife if it slonger than 3 inches here. its sick.
 I send my kid to school every day and genuinely feel like he's pretty safe.
 you cant put a price on that.
[close]

Have you ever been raped, robbed or beaten?

Do you take medicine when you get sick?

Do you wear a seat belt?

Does the practice of storing antivenom make sense to you?

Do you own any land or items worth more than $500? (Or whatever your currency is)

I have been taken advantage of.. A firearm being shown would have possibly detured the attacker..

Nobody wants to pull the trigger, nobody wants to draw to ready. But you can rest assured we won't be subjects at the will of the ones wishing to cause harm

And say the fire arm is never needed. That's the ideal situation we all want to happen. Here's to having and never using airbags

Shalom?
[close]

Not shalom.

AldusMinutiae

• Rep: 125
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »
Alright, fuck, long time lurker but feel like this needs to be said. Dude is not a kook for deciding he no longer wanted his guns. Dude most certainly IS a kook for giving his guns to the FUCKING COPS. You think the cops need more guns? That they're gonna put them to good use? How you gonna say "there's too much death and violence" and then just hand your guns to a group that kills more people than mass-shooters. Just fucking insane. Bring them to a place that can have them melted. So many If we're gonna talk disarming, the state will have to as well. Y'all arguing about the wrong shit.

Oblow still a kook.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 09:09:57 PM »
Say what you will, if you cant think of at least one or more reason as to why this shit is kooky as fuck, eat my ass. Legit. Youre straight brain washed if you dont get it. I havent stated my specific reasons, nor do i care to. But its quite obvious ive given you all something to talk about. So again, eat my ass.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

and that is exactly why you are a dangerous kook because you cant even math spell.
" I did not say this I am not here"

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2019, 09:28:26 PM »
Mark Oblow announces to the world "Come rob me I'm Unarmed!!!" and by doing so was declared a national hero by the same people who couldn't stop shitting on him before this thread was made. AMERICA!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:33:45 PM by Chim Richalds »

oldgoodburger

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When an untrained person who has never experienced actual combat type stress in the suburbs thinks they're gonna save the day with a gun they have only shot at a range.

See how it's a two way street? You're not preventing shit.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2019, 10:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

and that is exactly why you are a dangerous kook because you cant even math spell.

Dangerous, no. I just think of this picture whenever I hear gun-nut Americans talking about their "right to bear arms" or how they can protect themselves if the government wages war on the people etc.

Chim Richalds

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Dangerous, no. I just think of this picture whenever I hear gun-nut Americans talking about their "right to bear arms" or how they can protect themselves if the government wages war on the people etc.

Yeah we're all like that over here, Burt Ward! Thankfully you'll never set foot on this great land of ours. There's a reason you're the sidekick and not the hero.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2019, 11:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah we're all like that over here, Burt Ward! Thankfully you'll never set foot on this great land of ours. There's a reason you're the sidekick and not the hero.

Oh. Did I say Americans are all like that? No I didn't did I. Fuggof.

Chim Richalds

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you ever been to America? You have no business even commenting on this shit.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you ever been to America? You have no business even commenting on this shit.

Hey. I'm not anti-American, I'm anti-fuckhead.

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2019, 11:23:35 PM »
I think mark oblow was trying to raise awareness for mental health issues cause why else would he give up his right to own a gun that he paid money for that he got from benefiting of a capitalist system with his white male privilege to a gang of police who are humans like mark oblow and also known for making bad decisions

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:24 PM »
What a kook.  His Deagle was probably a .357

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So you are on anti 43% of Americans so roughly 4/10 of us are fuck-heads, math just really ain't your strong suit huh ?
" I did not say this I am not here"

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2019, 01:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So you are on anti 43% of Americans so roughly 4/10 of us are fuck-heads, math just really ain't your strong suit huh ?

I don't remember trying to solve maths problems in this thread. Do you have access to my year 6 report card?

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:32 AM »
That gun is bigger than him.

Ocelot

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2019, 02:40:00 AM »
all there is to see here is a raging narcissist making a "grand gesture"

funny how he had to read those names off a list too

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:20 AM »
Alright, fuck, long time lurker but feel like this needs to be said. Dude is not a kook for deciding he no longer wanted his guns. Dude most certainly IS a kook for giving his guns to the FUCKING COPS. You think the cops need more guns? That they're gonna put them to good use? How you gonna say "there's too much death and violence" and then just hand your guns to a group that kills more people than mass-shooters. Just fucking insane. Bring them to a place that can have them melted. So many If we're gonna talk disarming, the state will have to as well. Y'all arguing about the wrong shit.

Oblow still a kook.

You think police is going to shoot more people now that they have more guns? You realize that a major reason why US police have a quick trigger finger is because everyone has guns?

To the people that think he's a kook for posting it on insta, what would be the point of it if he didn't? He's trying to raise awareness on that you don't need pointless guns lying around just waiting for your deranged nephew to get a hold of. Not saying it's a very smart move for him individually since it's going to take at least half a century before any actual changes can be felt, but that's kind of the point of activism.

Also americans thinking they're living in some third world country where you need guns to protect yourself from the government is insane

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2019, 03:10:19 AM »
everybody is a kook nowadays pretty much.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2019, 06:02:52 AM »
Also americans thinking they're living in some third world country where you need guns to protect yourself from the government is insane

right, almost as "insane" as simplistically talking about America in this conversation as if it is one monolithic thing, and not lots of different people, social and economic strata, places (cities, inner-ring suburbs, exurbs, etc.), and sets of circumstances that need to be considered if you're going to say anything of practical value.

i responded to this Oblow post in the "I Survived School Today" thread, but since the conversation is over here now, I'll say my peace again...

“trade in your guns, save a life”?

i get it--most of us are scared, confused, and worried and trying to figure out what can be done to counter this awful shit that keeps happening, but if his guns were secured when he wasn’t using them, and he was a sane, rationale, and responsible gun owner/enthusiast, nobody’s life would have been in danger in the first place. i know, so this is a symbolic act meant to inspire--and he's just the humble dude to inspire us all, right?

also, it kills me that poor, marginalized, minority populations of young people in America's CITIES have been getting shot and killed daily from ever since, but there’s never been such focused and sustained “outrage” for these shootings and deaths.

“mass shootings”/“active shooters” at schools are almost wholly a SUBURBAN phenomenon. they have little to do with the daily circumstances and experiences of poor, working, and minority populations in this country’s CITIES, such as here in Detroit, where you regularly hear about armed citizens successfully defending themselves/loved ones with their legally owned guns, which the chief of police recommended.

in my eyes, only a perspective cultivated in the safest and most secure kind of privilege could possibly believe that poor, working, and minority populations especially in this country’s cities should be so absolutely outgunned by armies of criminals and criminalized youth armed with semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons, with "high-capacity" magazines that are almost all derived illegally; by increasingly militarized police forces with lots of sweet hand-me-down stuff from the military; by an increasingly organized and mobilized white nationalist movement; and--perhaps most importantly--by massive privately owned armies such as those which men like Erik Prince wield (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/the-strange-ascent-of-betsy-devos-and-erik-prince)…these can’t be the only people who are armed in this country.

instead of the half measure of discussing HOW these rampages are being carried out, people should also be honest and accountable and talk about WHY they keep happening. what do all of these “safe,” “pleasant,” “nurturing” suburban communities do to some of their young men to consistently create the conditions for these homicidal rampages? what is it about American suburban environments and ways-of-life that consistently generates such explosive degrees of isolation, loneliness, and anomie in these young men?

and for those of you posters from other country's talking about how fucked and violent the U.S. is, you're right--this is what it looks like when "one of the world's richest countries" reaches a point of TERMINAL decline...so many of us will continue to hope and work for the best, but you better bet that we will be prepared for the worst too.

love,
an english professor in the city of Detroit, with a CPL, who legally owns a number of "high-capacity" rifles and handguns that are always secured in a gun-safe when at home, who is completely fine with lengthy and rigorous background checks on all gun-purchases, and who will never be a member of the NRA
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:06:26 AM by Deputy Wendell »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2019, 06:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you fucking moran.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Bums me out that he's got a Cardinals shirt on. That's my team

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »
Wendell, thank you, that was one of the best comments I’ve read about gun ownership.

I was born in the states, but grew up in Canada. I got my C.O.R.E (hunting rifle training certificate) when I was 14 and went out with my Dad. We had lots of guns, kept locked up with ammo locked separate.

Every time I went over the border to the states, the gun culture was palatable. And disturbing to someone who didn’t grow up in it.

In Canada, we have a similar mix of people as the US, and no shortage of guns, but we don’t feel the need to wave them around. It’s not part of our national image.

And the last time I went to the border and was in the offices on the US side, it was creepy, there was a military channel playing on TV and the agents on the US side seemed way more ‘touchy’ and aggressive.

Canada didn’t go thru the same internal conflicts, the country didn’t have as bloody a birth. America was born and is steeped in violence, and has historically used it to ‘solve’ problems with frightening consistency, be it the Indians, the Mexicans, labor disputes, interventions in other countries, and on the streets.

You have given this one killing tool a special place in your constitution, as your founders believed (coming out of feudalism) and you are taught to believe) that the potential for deadly violence is the best way to prevent crime and tyranny.

It’s a self-enforcing problem, because as the violence that is celebrated in the culture is acted out, the answer is usually ‘more guns’.
Police have guns, criminals carry more guns, police start getting nervous and shooting more people...

Saturate the country in guns and violent potential. Make sure it’s part of every Americans’ identity. Cowboy culture. Yee-haw.

The stupidity of this is easily demonstrated by the fact that every other country with a somewhat functioning democracy and sane gun laws has not fallen to tyranny, yet can be safe and friendly. In many places safer than the US.

This isn’t just from gun laws alone, it’s social cohesion, how the culture decides to look after its members.

So how do you stop a cultural force that strong? How do you shift that continueing death culture momentum and soften it?

Oblow, for all his faults, tried to do a tiny part in the shift, to give up his ability to kill. It’s not a perfect solution, but from an outside perspective at your frankly insane gun culture, it’s a start.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:58:46 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Ocelot

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2019, 06:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

right, almost as "insane" as simplistically talking about America in this conversation as if it is one monolithic thing, and not lots of different people, social and economic strata, places (cities, inner-ring suburbs, exurbs, etc.), and sets of circumstances that need to be considered if you're going to say anything of practical value.

i responded to this Oblow post in the "I Survived School Today" thread, but since the conversation is over here now, I'll say my peace again...

“trade in your guns, save a life”?

i get it--most of us are scared, confused, and worried and trying to figure out what can be done to counter this awful shit that keeps happening, but if his guns were secured when he wasn’t using them, and he was a sane, rationale, and responsible gun owner/enthusiast, nobody’s life would have been in danger in the first place. i know, so this is a symbolic act meant to inspire--and he's just the humble dude to inspire us all, right?

also, it kills me that poor, marginalized, minority populations of young people in America's CITIES have been getting shot and killed daily from ever since, but there’s never been such focused and sustained “outrage” for these shootings and deaths.

“mass shootings”/“active shooters” at schools are almost wholly a SUBURBAN phenomenon. they have little to do with the daily circumstances and experiences of poor, working, and minority populations in this country’s CITIES, such as here in Detroit, where you regularly hear about armed citizens successfully defending themselves/loved ones with their legally owned guns, which the chief of police recommended.

in my eyes, only a perspective cultivated in the safest and most secure kind of privilege could possibly believe that poor, working, and minority populations especially in this country’s cities should be so absolutely outgunned by armies of criminals and criminalized youth armed with semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons, with "high-capacity" magazines that are almost all derived illegally; by increasingly militarized police forces with lots of sweet hand-me-down stuff from the military; by an increasingly organized and mobilized white nationalist movement; and--perhaps most importantly--by massive privately owned armies such as those which men like Erik Prince wield (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/the-strange-ascent-of-betsy-devos-and-erik-prince)…these can’t be the only people who are armed in this country.

instead of the half measure of discussing HOW these rampages are being carried out, people should also be honest and accountable and talk about WHY they keep happening. what do all of these “safe,” “pleasant,” “nurturing” suburban communities do to some of their young men to consistently create the conditions for these homicidal rampages? what is it about American suburban environments and ways-of-life that consistently generates such explosive degrees of isolation, loneliness, and anomie in these young men?

and for those of you posters from other country's talking about how fucked and violent the U.S. is, you're right--this is what it looks like when "one of the world's richest countries" reaches a point of TERMINAL decline...so many of us will continue to hope and work for the best, but you better bet that we will be prepared for the worst too.

love,
an english professor in the city of Detroit, with a CPL, who legally owns a number of "high-capacity" rifles and handguns that are always secured in a gun-safe when at home, who is completely fine with lengthy and rigorous background checks on all gun-purchases, and who will never be a member of the NRA

how can you be an english professor and so blissfully unaware of suburban symbolism in media and literature?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:59 AM »
ive seen some fucked threads in my day but let me get an expert down here.

free max b
FREE MAX B