Author Topic: Mark Oblow is a certified KOOK  (Read 21935 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Mark Oblow is a certified KOOK
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2019, 07:01:32 AM »
Threads about guns always turn out great.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2019, 07:09:39 AM »

$75
or 4 interest-free payments of $18.75

https://www.rageon.com/products/jesus-america-guns

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2019, 07:11:35 AM »
We found Jason Jessees slap account

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2019, 07:25:42 AM »
First of all - as a Dane, gun culture is extremely foreign to me, and I am not replying here to say "stupid Murica!!" - I have never lived in USA and no I don't know how it is to be a normal citizen. But I do have some questions, because I cannot really figure out, who is arguing what and when on the pro-gun side of things.

First of all, am i correct in assuming that there is basically three arguments (and variations thereof)?

1) It is a right, and people do not want to give up their rights.

2) A fetishism/admiration of guns as a commodity (loving guns for the beauty of it, like the way we admire skateboarding in here).

3) A means to feel safe - which is usually combined with a huge distrust of government and society in general.

Now my question is (first of all if the above is somewhat correct), are these argument common in most pro-gun people, or are they tied to certain demographics? I mean - is it common for instance to use the third argument, and then at the same time, wishing for a future, where you could get rid of guns, but at the moment you wouldn't argue that it is a reasonable thing to do?

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
who knew Johnny Knoxville would have so many gunz

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:12 AM »
Guns are for pussies. Scared little pussies.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:36 AM »
First of all - as a Dane, gun culture is extremely foreign to me, and I am not replying here to say "stupid Murica!!" - I have never lived in USA and no I don't know how it is to be a normal citizen. But I do have some questions, because I cannot really figure out, who is arguing what and when on the pro-gun side of things.

First of all, am i correct in assuming that there is basically three arguments (and variations thereof)?

2) A fetishism/admiration of guns as a commodity (loving guns for the beauty of it, like the way we admire skateboarding in here).

3) A means to feel safe - which is usually combined with a huge distrust of government and society in general.

Now my question is (first of all if the above is somewhat correct), are these argument common in most pro-gun people, or are they tied to certain demographics? I mean - is it common for instance to use the third argument, and then at the same time, wishing for a future, where you could get rid of guns, but at the moment you wouldn't argue that it is a reasonable thing to do?

I'm in Canada,  but we mainly use guns.....to provide food

Government tried to take them away and it didnt work out well.

I think it's like most other things. People just generally want the right to do whatever they want as long as it doesnt harm others.

Government overreach is a massive problem here. For instance, I can camp in the Bush. That's ok. But if I stay over 20 days, I will ne arrested and removed. Why? It's a fuckin tent in the Bush. Who gives a fuck as long as it's not a fuckin meth lab or something. I just happen to enjoy camping
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:39:08 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2019, 07:33:23 AM »
When an untrained person who has never experienced actual combat type stress in the suburbs thinks they're gonna save the day with a gun they have only shot at a range.
See how it's a two way street? You're not preventing shit.
This is key
I should still have a means of defending myself if someone comes thru in the night, which happens.
drugs are illegal, skateboarding is illegal; the people who really know it are participating in it right now.
It would be wrong to think guns aren't going to fit into that similar category.
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

AldusMinutiae

• Rep: 125
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2019, 07:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Alright, fuck, long time lurker but feel like this needs to be said. Dude is not a kook for deciding he no longer wanted his guns. Dude most certainly IS a kook for giving his guns to the FUCKING COPS. You think the cops need more guns? That they're gonna put them to good use? How you gonna say "there's too much death and violence" and then just hand your guns to a group that kills more people than mass-shooters. Just fucking insane. Bring them to a place that can have them melted. So many If we're gonna talk disarming, the state will have to as well. Y'all arguing about the wrong shit.

Oblow still a kook.
[close]

You think police is going to shoot more people now that they have more guns? You realize that a major reason why US police have a quick trigger finger is because everyone has guns?

I mean, more guns leading to more gun violence makes sense, but that's not the point. Wanting to end gun violence by giving guns to the police, a group that gets paid to commit violence, is hypocritical.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2019, 07:39:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Government tried to take them away and it didnt work put well.

I think it's like most other things. People just generally want the right to do whatever they want as long as it doesnt harm others.

Government overreach is a massive problem here. For instance, I can camp in the Bush. That's ok. But if I stay over 20 days, I will ne arrested and removed. Why? It's a fuckin tent in the Bush. Who gives a fuck as long as it's not a fuckin meth lab or something. I just happen to enjoy camping

Fair enough, but owning guns because you are a hunter is also something we do here in Denmark (especially in the area, where I grew up), but the hunters I know, generally see it as owning a tool - it has an extremely specific purpose. One of my friends, for instance, once told me that he wanted a new gun - but it wasn't because it would look cool, it was because he needed that type of gun to be able to hunt some big animal (a Moose, I believe). I mean it is a bit different reason than wanting a gun in case something happens. Hunters know exactly what the situation the gun is for - it is for hunting.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Government tried to take them away and it didnt work put well.

[close]

Fair enough, but owning guns because you are a hunter is also something we do here in Denmark (especially in the area, where I grew up), but the hunters I know, generally see it as owning a tool - it has an extremely specific purpose. One of my friends, for instance, once told me that he wanted a new gun - but it wasn't because it would look cool, it was because he needed that type of gun to be able to hunt some big animal (a Moose, I believe). I mean it is a bit different reason than wanting a gun in case something happens. Hunters know exactly what the situation the gun is for - it is for hunting.

So it is guns as a tool not as a weapon.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2019, 07:51:50 AM »
100%.

Here is what I see as an issue. People in rural areas use a gun as a tool. But, from time to time it will also be used in self defense of home invasion which is somewhat rare.

Anyhow, the topic takes a drastic turn talking about cities, and let's say handguns. Is this logical? Do handguns cause more violence or deter more violence? Guns aren't the issue imo, its VIOLENCE .

If you live in a society that is extremely violent, look at that issue first and foremost. Even taking away handguns doesnt seem to deter violence,  so whatd the answer? I really dont know

Here hand guns are illegal and nobody gives a shit. Almost every home has this. A .22, a 12 gauge, a 20 gauge, a 30/06 and a .303. And there is almost no gun violence at all.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07:07 AM »
Cucktard, your comments are appreciated too--I’m sure the palpable difference at the border is very real.

Ocelot, the funny thing is, much of my work (especially in my dissertation) is exactly trying to connect nihilistic and anomic behavior in young people to suburban and exurban landscapes and ways-of-life of through film, music, and literature (Over the Edge, Suburbia, White Noise, The Crying of Lot 49, etc.). so, i’m fully aware of the many ways the suburbs are represented in culture and in the media--in this regard, I guess you could say my questions about the suburbs are kind of hypothetical…i know what i think these geographies and lifestyles do to young people, it’s just that plenty of people don’t seem to even consider it.

i do want to make it clear, that i am also a gun “enthusiast,” so i also own guns because i am interested in their “economy of design.” is this “fetishizing” them? maybe, but no more than i fetishize my skateboards when i use and/or work on them. i definitely love and enjoy going to the shooting range, and learning to consistently shoot handguns accurately is one of the most humbling endeavors of my life thus far…almost as humbling as, say, tyring to do five-0s on round rails. being an “enthusiast” is very much about being a bit of a “tech geek,” only it’s guns. when i decide i want a new gun, it’s almost always based on me wanting to learn the nuances and experience of shooting a new caliber, and then i decide which specific brand and model…this is also in response to Rasmus’ questions i guess…

all of this being said, this is just my perspective at this point…i’m not trying to be one of Slap’s “pro-gun” advocates. unlike others like Oblow, i’m not on social media at all, or advertising what i think other people should do, and i’m not trying to tell anyone what to do in these fucked times--i acknowledge that my experience is just as limited as anybody else’s and it is just one of many, and that circumstances are different for lots of different people…

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »
100%.

Here is what I see as an issue. People in rural areas use a gun as a tool. But, from time to time it will also be used in self defense of home invasion which is somewhat rare.

Anyhow, the topic takes a drastic turn talking about cities, and let's say handguns. Is this logical? Do handguns cause more violence or deter more violence? Guns aren't the issue imo, its VIOLENCE .

If you live in a society that is extremely violent, look at that issue first and foremost. Even taking away handguns doesnt seem to deter violence,  so whatd the answer? I really dont know

Here hand guns are illegal and nobody gives a shit. Almost every home has this. A .22, a 12 gauge, a 20 gauge, a 30/06 and a .303. And there is almost no gun violence at all.

Why the hell is the world so complex  >:(

Guns are also illegal here (I don't know if it has ever been legal, actually) but that doesn't keep the gang members from obtaining guns.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2019, 08:12:38 AM »
i do want to make it clear, that i am also a gun “enthusiast,” so i also own guns because i am interested in their “economy of design.” is this “fetishizing” them? maybe, but no more than i fetishize my skateboards when i use and/or work on them. i definitely love and enjoy going to the shooting range, and learning to consistently shoot handguns accurately is one of the most humbling endeavors of my life thus far…almost as humbling as, say, tyring to do five-0s on round rails. being an “enthusiast” is very much about being a bit of a “tech geek,” only it’s guns. when i decide i want a new gun, it’s almost always based on me wanting to learn the nuances and experience of shooting a new caliber, and then i decide which specific brand and model…this is also in response to Rasmus’ questions i guess…

I can understand this - I mean, I, too, can't help being fascinated by the sheer force of power certain things can have, like a sound system, a formula 1 car etc. But that does not mean I wish to legalize formula 1 cars in the streets... oh for fuck's sake this is confusing me more, the more I try to understand guns!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2019, 08:18:47 AM »
It really is a complex issue.

I truly believe there is no win/win either way
Gentleman ninja warlock

Ocelot

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »
Cucktard, your comments are appreciated too--I’m sure the palpable difference at the border is very real.

Ocelot, the funny thing is, much of my work (especially in my dissertation) is exactly trying to connect nihilistic and anomic behavior in young people to suburban and exurban landscapes and ways-of-life of through film, music, and literature (Over the Edge, Suburbia, White Noise, The Crying of Lot 49, etc.). so, i’m fully aware of the many ways the suburbs are represented in culture and in the media--in this regard, I guess you could say my questions about the suburbs are kind of hypothetical…i know what i think these geographies and lifestyles do to young people, it’s just that plenty of people don’t seem to even consider it.

all of this being said, this is just my perspective at this point…i’m not trying to be one of Slap’s “pro-gun” advocates. unlike others like Oblow, i’m not on social media at all, or advertising what i think other people should do, and i’m not trying to tell anyone what to do in these fucked times--i acknowledge that my experience is just as limited as anybody else’s and it is just one of many, and that circumstances are different for lots of different people…

lol how did you become a professor?

nihilism in suburbia.. jeez who woulda thought?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »
The fucked up thing is if the government took my guns, I'd use a crossbow, if they take my crossbow, I'll use a bow, if they take my bow, I'll use snares.

It just goes on and on.

But handguns are an issue IMO, there is very little practical use of these weapons. I get that law enforcement needs them(even though they to overreach complicating the issue more)

Anyone here own a hand gun? I've been hunting essentially my whole life, and I still cant hit a target outside 40 feet accurately . That's in a controlled setting. If I had to defend myself or my home, I'd basically be shooting blind.

Thus, although mainly used for hunting. Break into my house and the gun I'm reaching for is a 12 gauge.

Anyhow, as much I a can dislike cops, many are friends of mine I grew up with. And they tell stories of pulling the trigger and you can see how much it torments them. They are taught(here at least), if a gun is drawn, that trigger is getting pulled. Thus, if you dont want to pull the trigger, do not pull the gun
Gentleman ninja warlock

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alright, fuck, long time lurker but feel like this needs to be said. Dude is not a kook for deciding he no longer wanted his guns. Dude most certainly IS a kook for giving his guns to the FUCKING COPS. You think the cops need more guns? That they're gonna put them to good use? How you gonna say "there's too much death and violence" and then just hand your guns to a group that kills more people than mass-shooters. Just fucking insane. Bring them to a place that can have them melted. So many If we're gonna talk disarming, the state will have to as well. Y'all arguing about the wrong shit.

Oblow still a kook.
[close]

You think police is going to shoot more people now that they have more guns? You realize that a major reason why US police have a quick trigger finger is because everyone has guns?
[close]

I mean, more guns leading to more gun violence makes sense, but that's not the point. Wanting to end gun violence by giving guns to the police, a group that gets paid to commit violence, is hypocritical.

But the police have all the guns they need to kill as many people they want. Hypocritical or not, it makes no difference if people give them their guns as they will have guns anyways. And at least by default, police violence is an answer to violent criminal activity. Less firepower on the criminal side = less consequential violence committed by the police.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2019, 08:40:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Oblow still a kook.
[close]

[close]

[close]

But the police have all the guns they need to kill as many people they want. Hypocritical or not, it makes no difference if people give them their guns as they will have guns anyways. And at least by default, police violence is an answer to violent criminal activity. Less firepower on the criminal side = less consequential violence committed by the police.

This brings in the debate of criminality.  Criminals will posses weapons no matter what you do.

What's your take on this? I'm genuinely curious because this debate seems to have no clear cut answer
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
I should add, my house has been broken into twice. Not once did I go for a gun, I used a aluminum bat to the legs to disable.

I had a very thorough discussion with authorities when they arrived.

I was somewhat weirded out by the response. 

1) use any force necessary to defend your family/property, this is 100% legal

2) if the invader is fleeing, you cannot legally chase or do him any harm

3) if his/her back is to you, you cannot legally shoot

So what the fuck is it? I dont wish to harm anyone, that's anti shalom, but this is all very confusing
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »

It’s not only a right. It’s a constitutional right. It was drafted when the threat of British military taking over the original 13 colonies was a thing.

The United States of America is a big big place. Lots of rural land where 911 isn’t going to show up right away. So owning a fire arm makes sense for the protection of your property.

However Gun fetishism for sure exsists and people being people go overboard with stockpiling for a SHTF (shit hits the fan)scenario. The pro gun argument I keep hearing is “as soon as the government take away people rights to gun is when the dystopian police state begins” but now I’m starting to verge onto Alex Jones territory.

TLDR gun control is a complex issue 

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2019, 11:22:23 AM »
I always thought it was funny that the gun fetishists that ive come across were always right wingers who would blow a cop or someone in the military any chance they got and stands behind them 110% even though if "shit goes down" they claim those same people will take their guns. What.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
Why does America have such a high mass shooting rate in high schools

By the time they reach high school, nearly 20 percent of all American boys will be diagnosed with ADHD. Millions of those boys will be prescribed a powerful stimulant to "normalize" them. A great many of those boys will suffer serious side effects from those drugs. The shocking truth is that many of those diagnoses are wrong, and that most of those boys are being drugged for no good reason—simply for being boys. It's time we recognize this as a crisis.

From an article the drugging of the American boy. https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a32858/drugging-of-the-american-boy-0414/

One of several I just like the picture on this one. Also the correlation between the utter eradication of the involuntary detainment of the mentally ill via the funny farm and the rise of mental illness has been purposefully ignored. Note that the rise in mass shooting has escalated since the 70's when we started letting the loose nuts roll out on to the street and breed all in the name of humanity.
" I did not say this I am not here"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:44 PM »
Anyone here own a hand gun? I've been hunting essentially my whole life, and I still cant hit a target outside 40 feet accurately . That's in a controlled setting. If I had to defend myself or my home, I'd basically be shooting blind.

Thus, although mainly used for hunting. Break into my house and the gun I'm reaching for is a 12 gauge.

I'm a decent off hand shot using with a rifle with iron sights. I'm hot garbage with a handgun beyond 10 yards. Going by observation from various shooting ranges I've been to, 2/3 of people are terrible off a rest with either, which makes me think the whole "good guy saving the day" will usually be fantasy/dumb luck.

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:28 PM »
I always thought it was funny that the gun fetishists that ive come across were always right wingers who would blow a cop or someone in the military any chance they got and stands behind them 110% even though if "shit goes down" they claim those same people will take their guns. What.

Boot lickers aren’t the smartest bunch

whorific

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Boot lickers aren’t the smartest bunch

Such broad brush nonsense "right wing" this "gun nut" that, mass media buzz words. Again 43% of American households own guns. This is a really big place with lots of people with very varying political leanings. The general population outnumbers the Military, Police, and Federal agencies combined 9 to 1 over a vast territory with multiple terrains we are not all just sitting in the middle of a corn field waiting to be shot. Jeez think it through, our forefathers were wise when they set up the constitution they knew the general populace would always be bigger than the military and an armed citizenry would deter tyranny. If you think a few stray guys with guts hiding out in the woods cant cause any harm you need to look up the French partisans WWII. But seems I'm already old man yelling at NPC here.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:19 PM »

“mass shootings”/“active shooters” at schools are almost wholly a SUBURBAN phenomenon. they have little to do with the daily circumstances and experiences of poor, working, and minority populations in this country’s CITIES, such as here in Detroit, where you regularly hear about armed citizens successfully defending themselves/loved ones with their legally owned guns, which the chief of police recommended.

in my eyes, only a perspective cultivated in the safest and most secure kind of privilege could possibly believe that poor, working, and minority populations especially in this country’s cities should be so absolutely outgunned by armies of criminals and criminalized youth armed with semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons, with "high-capacity" magazines that are almost all derived illegally; by increasingly militarized police forces with lots of sweet hand-me-down stuff from the military; by an increasingly organized and mobilized white nationalist movement; and--perhaps most importantly--by massive privately owned armies such as those which men like Erik Prince wield (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/the-strange-ascent-of-betsy-devos-and-erik-prince)…these can’t be the only people who are armed in this country.

The notion of people being out gunned by the criminals makes surface level sense, but, sadly, it doesn't add up. All of us are most likely to be killed by someone we know in a crime of passion (poor or wealthy; black or white; etc.).

That is, unless we are street dealers. Street dealing is a very dangerous profession. The high murder rate in the cities comes from the criminalized/unregulated open-air drug markets. The dealers are killing one another. The murder rate spiked in America during prohibition and spiked again during the war on drugs. 

As for deterrence, dealers are not deterred by the other dealers having guns just the same as soldiers are not deterred from entering battle because the other army might have guns. You cannot deter someone who views themselves as a soldier or someone who doesn't expect to live for very long anyway. Deterrence only works when someone (believes) they have future worth living for (and they aren't sacrificing that future for the greater good or a sense of duty). This might be why the hyper individualist people in the American suburbs love the idea of deterrence so much; they are more likely to have a decent today and (individualized) future they want to protect. However, even then, we all risk our present/future on a regular basis since humans are not rational actors.

All that being said our homicide rate is actually LOWER than what it was in the 1960s. In 2014 our homicide rate was 4.4 per 100K. The lowest homicide rate in the 1960s was 4.6 per 100K (1962/63). On average, Americans are less likely to die today than in the good ol' days everyone seems to be pining for when "America was safe and kids could ride their bikes in the streets." America is not as dangerous as we all want to pretend it is. The news and shitty TV shows like Law and Order, COPS, True Crime, etc. all make us feel less safe in a world that is safer than it was 40 years ago.

I'm not for guns for everyone and I'm not for guns for no one. But, the reality is we are safer than we were 30/40 years ago and deterrence is a flawed crime suppression strategy. Society is unsafe and deterrence works are strong ideological arguments, but they are flawed when it comes to the reality of the world we live in.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 02:47:19 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

whorific

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »
The fucked up thing is if the government took my guns, I'd use a crossbow, if they take my crossbow, I'll use a bow, if they take my bow, I'll use snares.

It just goes on and on.

But handguns are an issue IMO, there is very little practical use of these weapons. I get that law enforcement needs them(even though they to overreach complicating the issue more)

Anyhow, as much I a can dislike cops, many are friends of mine I grew up with. And they tell stories of pulling the trigger and you can see how much it torments them. They are taught(here at least), if a gun is drawn, that trigger is getting pulled. Thus, if you dont want to pull the trigger, do not pull the gun

I have a 9mm and a 22 rifle I live in an open carry state. Besides skating I enjoy bushcraft I keep the 9 on me for cougar, bear, and sos to not end up in Deliverance II.  Me and my buds go out to the gravel pits to target bi monthly and I got to get a rabbit or two every year for stew but that's about it. I'm a fair shot with the 9 at 10 yards I'll put one in the head at 10 feet. I can split an arrow at 20 yards with my rifle no scope, just been shooting it since I was 12.  Go ahead and sell your guns but giving em to the cops on social media is fucking wack.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 56
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »
So if he didn't give them up, he was going to mow down a ton of school kids?  Good thing they're out his hands then