Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 104630 times)

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2021, 11:31:33 PM »
New twin tip out this time for Foy

https://www.tactics.com/deathwish/foy-exorcism-failed-85-skateboard-deck

It's not marked as a twin specific, but I've seen a YouTube setup vid that confirms it

Just checked it out on the Deathwish website, it says it’s a twin tail.

We this deck at the shop I work at and it had no sticker or anything saying it was a twintail. If I knew, I would snagged it up. Never noticed. Bummer.

Thanks for the heads up!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2021, 12:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Had the first long session on my new mini logo trucks today and they really are what I've been looking for in the last year or so.

Mini Logo 8.38 + Ishod 8.25 twin tail with roman numeral II

I could not handle the long WB+steepness with thunders or ace, but the ML make it great.

The "IV" with thunder tit 148 is still my favorite setup, but now I finally don't have to care anymore which number I'm getting.
Big recommendation.

I bought 3 pairs of trucks just for this damn deck and the search is now over.
Ace AF1 44 were way too heavy for me to even feel the shortened wheelbase.
Polster 8.5 titaniums are super light, but extend the wheelbase too much. Those go perfectly on the Crob Twin though.
[close]

I rode the 8.38 ML on my first Ishod TT (the peaches one), and I agree excellent combo.

Did you use risers?
[close]

ML's have saved many a deck that would be un-skatable for me due to long wheelbase or steep kicks. I just wish they would release a better looking truck (with cleaner casting) using the same geometry and low weight. Nice to see people being more open minded about trying different truck brands. Looking at you Royal.

Having setup a pair of the new Royals today, I'm with you. If ML made a taller truck (I despise risers, but should get over myself) I'd be good; they're light enough (can always shave more) and the casting is rough but they work as is you know? Grind clearance could be better.

Anyway, that DW Foy looks sick, 6.75 nose and Tail, that's right in the middle. That 14.5" wheelbase I can't hang with tho as my kick/heel flips be 100% worse than the trash they are now.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #482 on: November 03, 2021, 03:34:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Had the first long session on my new mini logo trucks today and they really are what I've been looking for in the last year or so.

I could not handle the long WB+steepness with thunders or ace, but the ML make it great.

The "IV" with thunder tit 148 is still my favorite setup, but now I finally don't have to care anymore which number I'm getting.
Big recommendation.

Polster 8.5 titaniums are super light, but extend the wheelbase too much. Those go perfectly on the Crob Twin though.
[close]

I rode the 8.38 ML on my first Ishod TT (the peaches one), and I agree excellent combo.

Did you use risers?
[close]

ML's have saved many a deck that would be un-skatable for me due to long wheelbase or steep kicks. I just wish they would release a better looking truck (with cleaner casting) using the same geometry and low weight. Nice to see people being more open minded about trying different truck brands. Looking at you Royal.
[close]

Having setup a pair of the new Royals today, I'm with you. If ML made a taller truck (I despise risers, but should get over myself) I'd be good; they're light enough (can always shave more) and the casting is rough but they work as is you know? Grind clearance could be better.

Anyway, that DW Foy looks sick, 6.75 nose and Tail, that's right in the middle. That 14.5" wheelbase I can't hang with tho as my kick/heel flips be 100% worse than the trash they are now.

Deathwish website has the wheelbase at 14.375. I think the sticker on the deck with the dimensions said 14.5 WB. Probably why Tactics listed it like that.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2021, 05:06:49 AM »
Did you use risers?

Yes, I got the fitting 1/10" mini logo risers. So that should make them something in the 51-52mm range, felt right to me.

Edit: Yes the kingpin clearance is bad. That's my only complaint so far.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 05:23:36 AM by goodatmeth »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2021, 05:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Big recommendation.

[close]

Did you use risers?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Deathwish website has the wheelbase at 14.375. I think the sticker on the deck with the dimensions said 14.5 WB. Probably why Tactics listed it like that.

Been skating blanks lately to save money but I broke for this one because it sounds so good. I got it from tactics for 71$ including tax

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2021, 08:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Big recommendation.

[close]

Did you use risers?

I had the Peaches set up with Mini Logo as well, 1/10th ML risers and 53mm Bones v5.  Found this pic from Feb '19.

Shortly after, I picked up one of the slicks and put this deck on ice.  It's still in good shape so maybe I'll set it back up like this.  I also have an unskated second pair of the Matchcourt Highs I was wearing in this pic.  I could go straight back.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2021, 09:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Big recommendation.

[close]

Did you use risers?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hmmm 14.3 WB is my shit, might have to wait for a forum user to confirm.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2021, 09:32:23 AM »

It's not marked as a twin specific, but I've seen a YouTube setup vid that confirms it

Well spotted.

Seems I have more questions than answers from looking for dimensions info on the Foy, with multiple Bakerboys / Deathwish sites saying twin but different measurements...

https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/products/foy-exorcism-failed-deck-8-5

Custom Jamie Foy Twin Tail Shape
8.5 x 31.875
14.375 Wheelbase
Mellow concave for quicker response

https://bakerboysdist.com/collections/deathwish-skateboards/products/foy-exorcism-failed-deck-8-5

Twin Tail
8.5 x 32
14.5 Wheelbase
Classic Shape, mellow concave for quicker response

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Deathwish_Foy_Exorcism_Failed_Deck/descpage-DWFEF85DK.html

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: November 03, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well spotted.

Seems I have more questions than answers from looking for dimensions info on the Foy, with multiple Bakerboys / Deathwish sites saying twin but different measurements...

8.5 x 31.875
14.375 Wheelbase

https://bakerboysdist.com/collections/deathwish-skateboards/products/foy-exorcism-failed-deck-8-5

Twin Tail
8.5 x 32
14.5 Wheelbase

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Deathwish_Foy_Exorcism_Failed_Deck/descpage-DWFEF85DK.html

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

You honestly can't trust anyone's measurements these days. You'd think the popular board brands would have accurate measurements...PS I can work around/with now (length is alway shorter than listed, e.g., quasi, AWS, etc....BBS mixed bag these days, especially with DLX, even polar)...what's funny is all the China brands that people shit on, they are always [usually, lookin at you SC and your TT McCoys that aren't twins) on point: crail/NHS/Dwindle. If they say they've got a 14.18 WB, you can count on it.

Regardless, 14.5" is a killer for me, not sure how Foy would ride that with thunders, he seems short. BBDist boards at 8.3/8.5 that are not 14.25 are always 14.5x32, I've never seen or owned one that was 14.3x.

If the 8.5 x 31.875 - 14.375 Wheelbase dims were true, I'd be willing to give it a shot for sure.

This guy covers twin decks very often. Not in-depth to the level Slap expects, and I don't personally find them overly useful as he doesn't verify measurements.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:19:42 AM by Xen »

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #489 on: November 03, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Well spotted.

8.5 x 31.875
14.375 Wheelbase

Twin Tail
8.5 x 32
14.5 Wheelbase

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

[close]

You honestly can't trust anyone's measurements these days. You'd think the popular board brands would have accurate measurements...PS I can work around/with now (length is alway shorter than listed, e.g., quasi, AWS, etc....BBS mixed bag these days, especially with DLX, even polar)...what's funny is all the China brands that people shit on, they are always [usually, lookin at you SC and your TT McCoys that aren't twins) on point: crail/NHS/Dwindle. If they say they've got a 14.18 WB, you can count on it.

Regardless, 14.5" is a killer for me, not sure how Foy would ride that with thunders, he seems short. BBDist boards at 8.3/8.5 that are not 14.25 are always 14.5x32, I've never seen or owned one that was 14.3x.

If the 8.5 x 31.875 - 14.375 Wheelbase dims were true, I'd be willing to give it a shot for sure.

This guy covers twin decks very often. Not in-depth to the level Slap expects, and I don't personally find them overly useful as he doesn't verify measurements.

Jamie had a custom shape with a shorter WB (they sold them on skatewarehouse for a bit)

He talks about the twin a little here at around 25:00 -- mentions that he has a 8.5x31.75x14.25 on his old custom shape, so having a 14.375 twin isn't out of the realm of possibility. he also mentions wanting longer kicks which would explain why the twin tail shape is 32" in length.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #490 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:15 AM »
I am loving my Neen 8.5 twin nose but I see they don‘t make them at the moment. Is there anything comparable on the market, i.e. 8.5 wide, flat concave and a bit of real estate on those kicks?

Thanks in advance, I start getting deck anxiety already  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: November 07, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »
Crob’s 8.5?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #492 on: November 07, 2021, 03:23:09 PM »
Skating the SC 8.25 x 81.83 because according to Andrew cannon it’s a twin tail.
Upset it’s a twin because of the nose and tail length. Sadly, I can tell by the kicks and the pockets which end is which.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #493 on: November 07, 2021, 04:32:12 PM »
Skating the SC 8.25 x 81.83 because according to Andrew cannon it’s a twin tail.
Upset it’s a twin because of the nose and tail length. Sadly, I can tell by the kicks and the pockets which end is which.

Yeah. They keep saying it's a twin (the McCoy shape) but it isn't. There is a tail and nose as they are different lengths and shapes.

Habitat's Apex Bold Twin 8.375" Can't imagine it being different than the AWS Owlien
https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/apex-bold-8-25

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 04:49:45 PM by Xen »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #494 on: November 07, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. They keep saying it's a twin (the McCoy shape) but it isn't. There is a tail and nose as they are different lengths and shapes.

Habitat's Apex Bold Twin 8.375" Can't imagine it being different than the AWS Owlien
https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/apex-bold-8-25

I think Professor Schmitt talks about these boards being pressed in the same molds and stuff as regular boards so they’re never true symmetrical boards.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: November 07, 2021, 10:58:26 PM »
Crob’s 8.5?

Thanks. How flat is it compared to the Neen? I might have to order one while they‘re still out there, even if I hate the graphic. I‘ve never liked the Chocolate/Girl aesthetic.
why come?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2021, 10:19:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Crob’s 8.5?
[close]

Thanks. How flat is it compared to the Neen? I might have to order one while they‘re still out there, even if I hate the graphic. I‘ve never liked the Chocolate/Girl aesthetic.

I've never had the Neen deck but I wouldn't call the Crob twin flat at all. More of an average, medium steepness.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2021, 10:37:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crob’s 8.5?
[close]

[close]

I've never had the Neen deck but I wouldn't call the Crob twin flat at all. More of an average, medium steepness.

I feel like the ends are fairly steep but the sides are fairly flat. took me a bit to get used to but I'm feeling the 8.25 CRob Twin. May try to stick with them for a while if I can find them consistently

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2021, 10:38:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Crob’s 8.5?
[close]

Haven't ridden (and won't) as the WB is too short for me.

Youtuber guy who checked out the new Foy twin said the WB is 14.5" not sure I trust is credibility based off his vids, but it's something..

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2021, 11:07:34 AM »
Thanks brehs I meant the concave not the kicks, my flick is better on flat concaves.
why come?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2021, 11:17:59 AM »
So the Foy is a twin as well? That would be an 8.5 as well… plus it‘s available round here, same as the CRob.
why come?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2021, 11:34:19 AM »
I just found a site that had three Neen 8.5 left, ordered them all so I am set for a while.  8)
why come?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crob’s 8.5?
[close]

[close]

Youtuber guy who checked out the new Foy twin said the WB is 14.5" not sure I trust is credibility based off his vids, but it's something..

I ordered mine and could confirm for you soon. It should be delivered the 10th.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2021, 12:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crob’s 8.5?
[close]

[close]

[close]

I ordered mine and could confirm for you soon. It should be delivered the 10th.

Great, although it now looks like I will be riding Neens for the forseeable future.  ;D
why come?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2021, 02:50:00 PM »
I just found a site that had three Neen 8.5 left, ordered them all so I am set for a while.  8)

Yeah!

At least you have boards.

So many people have wanted to order more of whatever they liked, but couldn't get hold of any, especially in limited shapes like that one.

Fhk

« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »
Welcome has a 8.5 TT now. 31.95 14.25 wb
Tails are definitely full.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »

Got to say, that's not bad looking. If that's interesting to you, I'd snap them up fast. The one time Welcome did a popsicle was ages ago and seemingly sold out as soon as it hit shelves.

I'd be down for a 8.375x31.875x14.3" that is more hybrid than the DLX TT.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 06:44:19 PM by Xen »

Fhk

« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2021, 06:44:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got to say, that's not bad looking. If that's interesting to you, I'd snap them up fast. The one time Welcome did a popsicle was ages ago and seemingly sold out as soon as it hit shelves.

I'd be down for a 8.375x31.875x14.3" that is more hybrid than the DLX TT.
Yessir It does look good. Hopefully it meets the needs of someone on here. The only twintail for me personally is the 8.3 slick.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
If it's like Welcome boards I have seen, it should be on the mellow side compared to a DLX, probably PS Stix made.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #509 on: November 10, 2021, 04:54:37 AM »
If it's like Welcome boards I have seen, it should be on the mellow side compared to a DLX, probably PS Stix made.

Welcome changed over to BBS not too long ago.

I can also see the BBS hologram sticker over the bottom / back bolts too.

A couple of Welcome BBS boards I saw were definitely good - nice and mellow - so they have kept the similar feel, with the same shapes, dimensions, etc as when they were on PS Stix.

I still have a few of the older PS Stix Welcome boards and they hold up really well, so maybe it is the more recent PS Stix wood that people are not so happy with, compared to the older stuff, that seems to last forever.

Definitely curious to see how many of those come out and where.