Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 101516 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Twin tail
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:01:20 PM »
Thinking about trying one. Most likely Real Ishod. Anyone skating a twin tail? Do you like it? Anything you miss about having a bigger nose?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:01:18 PM »
I'd rather have twin nose. I had a deathwish with a small nose and I just couldn't flick it right.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:15:13 AM »
I could never skate a symmetric board, I pop regs and fakie with the tail and switch and nollie with the nose.
It's quite common to pop fakie tricks with the nose, this is super wierd to me, the board should always be the same under my feet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:43:40 AM by bbk »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 06:59:04 AM »
I skate my boards backward usually, so I'd like the twin tail more than I did. I had the ishod 8.3. It just felt wide and short, but I skated really good on it. It was probably all in my head.

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 07:24:31 AM »
So far so good I've been loving the twin tail, beware, you have to switch out your pivot cups and bushings, cause it's all different (or just buy new trucks).

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
Twin deck with 6.75 nose/tail.  That's longer than most tails, but shorter than most noses.  Perfect?

https://imperfects.co/collections/skate/products/the-egg-ballshop-deck

Length: 31 ⅝
Width: 8.75
Nose: 6.75
Tail: 6.75
Wheel Base: 14.5
Medium Concave
Imperfects Circle Logo Graphic
Pressed by Watson

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »
^ take it to 32" and add 3/16 on each end, but that looks pretty fun

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 12:02:02 PM »
Love the 8.3 Ishod shape.

antiwaxxer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »

I finally got my dream setup a few days ago. Twin tip element siamese Nick Garcia & Julian Davison 8.25 with 6.475 tips & 14.25 wb & 31.4 length.
BBS woodshop . So it's twin tail. It's pointy but in a good way like a good late 90s early 2000s tail from fine brands.
People who prefer shovel noses would start crying standing on this masterpiece of a deck.

I reentered skating recently after a ten years break.  I had always been looking for a twin shape.
So few weeks ago I set up a creature evillive twin tail recently (only twin tail I could find except real which i will never ride and it's more of a nose I suspect) but it was fully dipped ugly and the shape was not my thing. Just not for me (too small a radius in tail rise).

The element tail is quite perfect. Smooth radius in rise and not too steep or flat. I'd say it's about medium to steep but does not feel too steep for my liking because of the mellow radius rise. Width concave is rather mellow. They have different widths of this shape. I know some people dont go for element but the graphic is alright and their team is also impressive, legends like Wray and Appleyard help as well.

The deck is ultra light as well. I weighed it at 230 grams with grip on, the creature was like 100 grams more and also being longer albeit having the same width.

I grew to abhor the obscenely huge noses ( not a fan of the big nose supremacy ) and always wanted a slick twin tail and now I got it. 

Pop is very sweet, I had two great sessions on it till i screwed my ankle, gonna take a break.

I posted the set up in the thread site 706. It's got brand new trucks on and I recommend at least new bushings to get the symmetrical use going. Noses suck so hard, they're obsolete - a reaction to noseless early shapes transmitted into double kick times.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:33:07 PM by antiwaxxer »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:36:26 PM »
Ishod: cons: short nose=whiff on nollie tricks, wheel base too big (standard generator), pro: don't have to worry about which end of board ie. easier for lines, double the wear too ie. less razor tail, mellow kicks works well too which is standard for generator.  Ishod is the best too....  I'd buy em when they are available but I wouldn't buy 6 at a time....

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »

I finally got my dream setup a few days ago. Twin tip element siamese Nick Garcia & Julian Davison 8.25 with 6.475 tips & 14.25 wb & 31.4 length.
BBS woodshop . So it's twin tail. It's pointy but in a good way like a good late 90s early 2000s tail from fine brands.
People who prefer shovel noses would start crying standing on this masterpiece of a deck.

I reentered skating recently after a ten years break.  I had always been looking for a twin shape.
So few weeks ago I set up a creature evillive twin tail recently (only twin tail I could find except real which i will never ride and it's more of a nose I suspect) but it was fully dipped ugly and the shape was not my thing. Just not for me (too small a radius in tail rise).

The element tail is quite perfect. Smooth radius in rise and not too steep or flat. I'd say it's about medium to steep but does not feel too steep for my liking because of the mellow radius rise. Width concave is rather mellow. They have different widths of this shape. I know some people dont go for element but the graphic is alright and their team is also impressive, legends like Wray and Appleyard help as well.

The deck is ultra light as well. I weighed it at 230 grams with grip on, the creature was like 100 grams more and also being longer albeit having the same width.

I grew to abhor the obscenely huge noses ( not a fan of the big nose supremacy ) and always wanted a slick twin tail and now I got it. 

Pop is very sweet, I had two great sessions on it till i screwed my ankle, gonna take a break.

I posted the set up in the thread site 706. It's got brand new trucks on and I recommend at least new bushings to get the symmetrical use going. Noses suck so hard, they're obsolete - a reaction to noseless early shapes transmitted into double kick times.

There's a lot to unpack here.... indulge me, why would you "never ride" a Real? Putting aside that Element and Real both use BBS.

And no suspecting necessary, the Real twin tail is very much a twin tail, sub 32" length with 6.6" tails.   

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 06:19:49 PM »
I’m on my 3rd Twin Tail. All Real decks.

1st 2 were the 8.3 shape. The one I’m skating now is the 8.5 and it’s very comfortable. Nose and tail are so round it almost looks like a full shape.

antiwaxxer

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 01:49:18 AM »
(... ...)
There's a lot to unpack here.... indulge me, why would you "never ride" a Real? Putting aside that Element and Real both use BBS.

And no suspecting necessary, the Real twin tail is very much a twin tail, sub 32" length with 6.6" tails.   

1st 2 were the 8.3 shape. The one I’m skating now is the 8.5 and it’s very comfortable. Nose and tail are so round it almost looks like a full shape.

The guy wrote about the shape. It sounds too round for my preference, even though I've never seen one live. 6.6 would be too long for my taste as well, I suspect. Also the real logo 99c store-like design just puts me off the whole brand. But I'd say Ishod graphics are nice. I only go for pointy/non-round stuff ever. That being said I am sure the real board is perfect for other people and Ishod is a ripper. Just preference.

Concerning the absence and phantom-pain some people imagine when lacking a huge, giant obscene nose... The nose design being bigger than the tail is an atavistic feature of early skateboarding when people were unable to swiftly pop with their front foot yet. I predict in ten years time the best skateboarders regarding switch stance mastery will mostly ride twin. The fact that the industry is sleeping on this is disappointing. Creature (no more as of yet by the way), otherness, real, element and some shop brand with an egg being the only brands providing this shape is scarce. Why is Girl sleeping on this?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:57:04 AM by antiwaxxer »

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 03:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
(... ...)

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

The guy wrote about the shape. It sounds too round for my preference, even though I've never seen one live. 6.6 would be too long for my taste as well, I suspect. Also the real logo 99c store-like design just puts me off the whole brand. But I'd say Ishod graphics are nice. I only go for pointy/non-round stuff ever. That being said I am sure the real board is perfect for other people and Ishod is a ripper. Just preference.

Concerning the absence and phantom-pain some people imagine when lacking a huge, giant obscene nose... The nose design being bigger than the tail is an atavistic feature of early skateboarding when people were unable to swiftly pop with their front foot yet. I predict in ten years time the best skateboarders regarding switch stance mastery will mostly ride twin. The fact that the industry is sleeping on this is disappointing. Creature (no more as of yet by the way), otherness, real, element and some shop brand with an egg being the only brands providing this shape is scarce. Why is Girl sleeping on this?

That's fair. I mean, I don't agree with your second paragraph but I respect your fleshed-out opinion (extra points for dropping 'atavism' in a sentence). I personally found the Ishod twin to be far too pointy for me (and too mellow). I like large square nose boards, but I'm just ollieing shit 99% of the time, so I can very much understand tech-wizards wanting a true mellow twin tail shape. Bobby Worrest pretty much single handedly upped Venture's market share and he's been riding twin tails lately so who knows, maybe their popularity will jump and you'll have more options sooner than later.

antiwaxxer

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 04:28:55 AM »
(... ...)

That's fair. I mean, I don't agree with your second paragraph but I respect your fleshed-out opinion (extra points for dropping 'atavism' in a sentence). I personally found the Ishod twin to be far too pointy for me (and too mellow). I like large square nose boards, but I'm just ollieing shit 99% of the time, so I can very much understand tech-wizards wanting a true mellow twin tail shape. Bobby Worrest pretty much single handedly upped Venture's market share and he's been riding twin tails lately so who knows, maybe their popularity will jump and you'll have more options sooner than later.

I'm not a tech wizard either but grew to like leaner tips over the years. I get that there is upsides with fuller shapes as well. It's nice to have a selection of shapes for everybody. That's why I want brands to finally get this going.
Yes I forgot about the krooked twin from Worrest. It's the Ishod shape they say. Worrest riding Ventures got me thnking about them as well, how can he ride those strange things so well?

For people who are wondering about the twin idiocy, what it's about, effort post to get brands to step into this incoming:

When you have ridden your trucks for a considerable time, you pull a fs pop shove it (a varial heelflip or a hardflip for the masters) and your standing on your nose as the tail. You feel the trucks are crooked from all the asymmetric bending, caused by heel to front toe imbalance I guess. This feels just awful. No wonder most pros shove it back  after 3 milliseconds landed in this stance like "get this back, I hate it".

When you have a twin board and twin ridden trucks, your board always feels crisp and straight, not bent like a stick from the woods.

In my later years I've come to the conclusion that the nose being different from the tail is root of most issues with switch skating. The different pop motion as in angle or time frame in pop necessitates you to learn all tricks a second time in a different manner from the time you learned them regular. Needless increase in complexity. The nose pops differently.
Also, the tail in front and the nose as tail when riding switch gives a very different weight distribution balance to the board while flipped, cause the nose swings more weight. This would show in rocket sw flips by the way. So sw flips suffer from that as well. No wonder so few people arrive at clean, poppy, nice sw flip and variations. By the way, I'm not a huge master, I was just some medium-to-advanced skater with some nice tricks and these times I'm happy to relearn some basics, as most is lost.

Considering needed pop of a nose for your front foot. Why does your back foot prefer the tail? If the nose was better, you'd ride it backwards like very few pros do (Decenzo and Berger until he made a twin nose shape, and Decenzo popped his nollie off El Toro off the tail/shorter tip).

Your tail is just fine but you learned popping on huge noses so your front foot wants this out of habit. If your front foot learns to pop swiftly and with force you will get better overall nollie and switch pop, not the sucking-up-knees-only pop most stagnate on (I think a "suck up only pop" could be due to overly steep noses/tips, but that's a different topic). Also consider that so few people use the tail for a sw pop because the trucks feel awful in this stance because they're bent as fck. Riding switch with your your backfoot on your tail is the worst feeling in skateboarding because of bent trucks. Try it, it's horror.

You will never have a bent feel on a twin tail, just the option to learn your sw pop in the same motions as your regular pop.

Finally, with twin tips you get a symmetrical motion with your board in every way you flip and rotate it. Every object designed to fully rotate is best designed as symmetrical. The more the differences/imbalances you add the less clean and predictable the flips should turn out.

My first nollies on a twin tail already felt like a huge relief. Relief from unnecessary huge, bulging, fat noses which serve no purpose but fcking up the pop and balance.

When will brands finally get this and make some symmetrical shapes to choose from, full, slim, pointy, longer, shorter, steeper and mellower for all tastes. We have two thousand board companies and only four or so got one symm. shape.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:45:02 AM by antiwaxxer »

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »

I'm not a tech wizard either but grew to like leaner tips over the years. I get that there is upsides with fuller shapes as well. It's nice to have a selection of shapes for everybody. That's why I want brands to finally get this going.
Yes I forgot about the krooked twin from Worrest. It's the Ishod shape they say. Worrest riding Ventures got me thnking about them as well, how can he ride those strange things so well?

For people who are wondering about the twin idiocy, what it's about, effort post to get brands to step into this incoming:

When you have ridden your trucks for a considerable time, you pull a fs pop shove it (a varial heelflip or a hardflip for the masters) and your standing on your nose as the tail. You feel the trucks are crooked from all the asymmetric bending, caused by heel to front toe imbalance I guess. This feels just awful. No wonder most pros shove it back  after 3 milliseconds landed in this stance like "get this back, I hate it".

When you have a twin board and twin ridden trucks, your board always feels crisp and straight, not bent like a stick from the woods.

In my later years I've come to the conclusion that the nose being different from the tail is root of most issues with switch skating. The different pop motion as in angle or time frame in pop necessitates you to learn all tricks a second time in a different manner from the time you learned them regular. Needless increase in complexity. The nose pops differently.
Also, the tail in front and the nose as tail when riding switch gives a very different weight distribution balance to the board while flipped, cause the nose swings more weight. This would show in rocket sw flips by the way. So sw flips suffer from that as well. No wonder so few people arrive at clean, poppy, nice sw flip and variations. By the way, I'm not a huge master, I was just some medium-to-advanced skater with some nice tricks and these times I'm happy to relearn some basics, as most is lost.

Considering needed pop of a nose for your front foot. Why does your back foot prefer the tail? If the nose was better, you'd ride it backwards like very few pros do (Decenzo and Berger until he made a twin nose shape, and Decenzo popped his nollie off El Toro off the tail/shorter tip).

Your tail is just fine but you learned popping on huge noses so your front foot wants this out of habit. If your front foot learns to pop swiftly and with force you will get better overall nollie and switch pop, not the sucking-up-knees-only pop most stagnate on (I think a "suck up only pop" could be due to overly steep noses/tips, but that's a different topic). Also consider that so few people use the tail for a sw pop because the trucks feel awful in this stance because they're bent as fck. Riding switch with your your backfoot on your tail is the worst feeling in skateboarding because of bent trucks. Try it, it's horror.

You will never have a bent feel on a twin tail, just the option to learn your sw pop in the same motions as your regular pop.

Finally, with twin tips you get a symmetrical motion with your board in every way you flip and rotate it. Every object designed to fully rotate is best designed as symmetrical. The more the differences/imbalances you add the less clean and predictable the flips should turn out.

My first nollies on a twin tail already felt like a huge relief. Relief from unnecessary huge, bulging, fat noses which serve no purpose but fcking up the pop and balance.

When will brands finally get this and make some symmetrical shapes to choose from, full, slim, pointy, longer, shorter, steeper and mellower for all tastes. We have two thousand board companies and only four or so got one symm. shape.

This is some deep truck madness rationale, and I back it. Heh. And seeing your posts in the truck thread lets me know you go hard on this topic, so, respect. The truck question is interesting and not without precedent, Ishod talks about running his trucks exactly the same and letting them break in as much on his 9 club. And Neen's recent vid about his twin nose says pretty much the same, so I can wrap my head around the idea of trucks breaking in 'wrong' for ss and nollie. My own dissenting view in terms of big nose/pop is that I'm rarely doing switch/nollie stuff and have great love of just cruising/popping and tweaking ollies over things and the big nose acts like a lovely scoop for my long ass legs to grab something for more clearance. With the twin tail, mellow noses, and other pointy nose offerings, I was accidentally olle-northing and getting broke off. It could have been mental or a dimension change somewhere else though.

Reading your post reminded me of the owner of DOA talking about the nose/nollie conundrum elsewhere on the boards, which led him to make the 90's 'flat as fuck' shape. Now, the nose on those decks is still definitely a nose - longer than a tail, and band-aid shaped - but more or less the same mellow steepness as the tail and a flat overall concave. Not exactly what you're talking about but might be worthwhile to check out.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 10:27:38 PM »
I skate my boards backward usually, so I'd like the twin tail more than I did. I had the ishod 8.3. It just felt wide and short, but I skated really good on it. It was probably all in my head.

No way! I been looking for you all my life

I was wondering who else rides their boards backwards besides me , kelly hart and Kenny Anderson

I did it and am so use to it cause same reason as Kenny

Thought the double kick was still the same idea as the old school boards where the higher kick was the tail

So use to it can’t change the habit, I’ve tried popping with the traditional tail and it just never works

Maybe the twin board will be good for me too
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »
Ryan Decenzo and Jeremy Klein....a friend of mine got me one of his prototypes when birdhouse first started and the tail was longer than the nose....he refused to accept modern technology.  He ended up just skating boards backwards.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 11:20:33 PM »
I like this twin tail idea (blast from the past with a modern twist) and would like to obsess over my next purchase now. Can someone start a thread listing all current decks please?

Hopefully someone will make a 7.75 reinforced (impact/flight/vx) type one I can pay far too much for... other wish list items yet to exist, 8.25 v-hollows, wafflecup half-cab in non-pro shape please :)

antiwaxxer

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 02:20:32 AM »
(quote...)
This is some deep truck madness rationale, and I back it. Heh. And seeing your posts in the truck thread lets me know you go hard on this topic, so, respect. The truck question is interesting and not without precedent, Ishod talks about running his trucks exactly the same and letting them break in as much on his 9 club. And Neen's recent vid about his twin nose says pretty much the same, so I can wrap my head around the idea of trucks breaking in 'wrong' for ss and nollie. My own dissenting view in terms of big nose/pop is that I'm rarely doing switch/nollie stuff and have great love of just cruising/popping and tweaking ollies over things and the big nose acts like a lovely scoop for my long ass legs to grab something for more clearance. With the twin tail, mellow noses, and other pointy nose offerings, I was accidentally olle-northing and getting broke off. It could have been mental or a dimension change somewhere else though.

Reading your post reminded me of the owner of DOA talking about the nose/nollie conundrum elsewhere on the boards, which led him to make the 90's 'flat as fuck' shape. Now, the nose on those decks is still definitely a nose - longer than a tail, and band-aid shaped - but more or less the same mellow steepness as the tail and a flat overall concave. Not exactly what you're talking about but might be worthwhile to check out.

This is a good point and I thought by myself that when I nollied or switch ollied, I never had a problem with the tail being a bit smaller. Also many pros pull huge sw ollies. But your point is maybe the best reason to keep producing asymmetrical decks. Some people also need bigger noses for noseslides (they do not seem to need them for tailsliding though...) or nose grinds (not needing them for sw nosegrinds though again...). I did n-slides, nosegrinds and k-grinds without noticing any issues really. Maybe your point would show up more with some people if they rode a really flat twin tail, like some mid-late 90s World Industries or some flip Penny tail. Maybe that'd be too flat, but that's why we just need several shapes out there, I am also backing the twin nose demand.

Either with the creature or the element symmetrical I had no issue pulling floaty ollies over hips, ollie over stuff. With the element I got better overall (shape appeal and me getting back into it) and pumped some big ollies out of banks, 180d a trash bin out of bank, all went just fine. So your point is there, but it might be a marginal issue I did not feel it.

When I started sw skating I tried once to use the tail and man this is so ugly when your trucks are bent, it's like the twilight zone. The trucks staying symmetrical just feels supremely right, I love it. Also landing 180 stuff just feels sooo nice, the symmetry feel is just so damn good. And it's also aesthetically more pleasing when looking down.

I don't know about the DOA noses, but sounds like the truck symmetry advantage would be lost with this asymmetrical yet similar shape. I noticed Girl shapes have some very close calls, nose and tail being similar but they're not even. As sw pop ability generally advances, my expectation is riders will embrace a symm. shape. Brands could now get it going. I'd be happy with like 10 shapes to choose from. My biggest fear is element stopping production and I'd be forced to ride something I do not want, maybe I'd start doing them myself then.

So for the guy asking for a listing thread. This would be a short thread since there is only like one double tail out there, three if you add the Ishod shape.

Element siamese series has I think three sizes and it is nice double tail

Real has Ishod twin series and most describe it as a middle ground between tail and nose

Krooked Worrest twin shape is said to be the Ishod shape, I don't know more

Otherness has a double nose going

Flip had a Berger double nose shape, but he is reshaping it and it's not out there now

Baker and Neen double nose is not out yet

Creature evillive was double tail but as of now it is not made anymore
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:12:28 AM by antiwaxxer »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 07:58:49 AM »
Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone knows where to find something symmetrical at roughly 8.25. I love the krooked/real twin tail but with covid finding just about anything is impossible 

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2020, 09:17:27 AM »
Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone knows where to find something symmetrical at roughly 8.25. I love the krooked/real twin tail but with covid finding just about anything is impossible

Socal carries a Clutch twin kick blank sometimes. Right now they have a 8.5 and an 8.375.

https://socalskateshop.com/SoCal-Blank-X8-Skateboard-Deck-Brown-Stain-8375x318.html

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Socal carries a Clutch twin kick blank sometimes. Right now they have a 8.5 and an 8.375.

https://socalskateshop.com/SoCal-Blank-X8-Skateboard-Deck-Brown-Stain-8375x318.html

Thanks so much dude just picked it up. I just cracked my current board and while I don't love clutch, I had that shape before and forgot about it. If anyone else is wondering the 8.375 is a really solid shape, not too full not too pointy

Frank and Fred

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 03:50:42 PM »
I have the Ishod 8.5". Poster above was right, it is almost like a full shape. Can't weight to ride it. My switch game is terrible but I wanted a board I could wear out evenly and throw down without a care.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bought this board last week. I can't wait to try it, but if I read this topic correctly, I understand that I really really really NEED these fresh new trucks I was hesitating to buy  ;D

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bought this board last week. I can't wait to try it, but if I read this topic correctly, I understand that I really really really NEED these fresh new trucks I was hesitating to buy  ;D

Are all their blank boards from Clutch?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2020, 09:25:19 PM »

My 2nd favorite so far - The Mystery Symetry decks were the best as they had shorter WBs, everything now 14.3+, even the creature was 14.5" for an 8.2.

Too bad the Ishod 8.25 has a long WB (longer than the 8.3...wtf dlx).

ballintoohard

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »
So I normally skate either an 8.25 Full SE or 8.38 Manderson shape or Quasi 8.25, lately with Thunders and Indy's in the past. I've never quite settled on it, but the pop is great and for the most part have no issues. I was thinking of doing something drastic like trying a twin tail with Ventures or Thunders. Has anyone else ridden both shapes and have feedback? Or even shapes with similar dimensions.

Mink

• Rep: 4
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My 2nd favorite so far - The Mystery Symetry decks were the best as they had shorter WBs, everything now 14.3+, even the creature was 14.5" for an 8.2.

Too bad the Ishod 8.25 has a long WB (longer than the 8.3...wtf dlx).

I don’t think that’s accurate.

https://www.realskateboards.com/spring-2020/

14.33 vs 14.4

But nevertheless, I agree that the wb is relatively long. (My legs are probably a few inches shorter than Ishod’s).

I skated the 8.25, and although I liked it for certain things, in the end I retired it early and went back to boards with a full nose.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 11:50:56 AM by Mink »

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
So I normally skate either an 8.25 Full SE or 8.38 Manderson shape or Quasi 8.25, lately with Thunders and Indy's in the past. I've never quite settled on it, but the pop is great and for the most part have no issues. I was thinking of doing something drastic like trying a twin tail with Ventures or Thunders. Has anyone else ridden both shapes and have feedback? Or even shapes with similar dimensions.
I used to skate the quasi 8.25 with the 14.25 wb pretty frequently. snagged the 8.5 twin tail and have been skating it the last few weeks. I love it. might make this shape a staple for me going forward.
initially when I set it up I put thunder 151 standards on it until I noticed I bent the axle, felt awesome. tried out venture 5.8s and wasn't feeling it, settled on cast indys, though that had more to do with the turn than the pop or anything like that.