Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109288 times)

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2021, 03:37:17 PM »
What are the cheapest 8.5" twin tails that one could procure?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2021, 06:15:29 PM »

Only 8.5 on the market that I'm aware of:

https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/products/neen-slayer-twin-deck-8-5

Dan Gerous

« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2021, 06:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You forgot there is a 8.5 Ishod. Same wheelbase and the two I have had were also 32" long, not 32.2 as Real states. The Neen is probably flatter than the Ishod.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2021, 07:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn I'd buy that if it were in stock. Sick graphic

Kombuch-A-Holic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

FYI the deck is way over 32in.  I picked one up on vacation just because IDK how long Neen will remain on Deathwish. Its a dope deck but its long.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2021, 09:58:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

FYI the deck is way over 32in.  I picked one up on vacation just because IDK how long Neen will remain on Deathwish. Its a dope deck but its long.
Makes sense, if both Neen's and Ishod's boards have the same wheelbase, there is no way a twin nose and a twin tail can be the same length, even less so with the mellower kicks of the Neen.

smooth-T

• Rep: 1
  • Eat dat shrimp
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2021, 04:42:22 AM »
Would like to try a twin tail, but can not find a 7.75 twin tail from my local shops. Do you know that is there even any 7.75 twin tails in the market, or am I trying to find something that does not even exist??

Fhk

« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2021, 04:54:06 AM »
Would like to try a twin tail, but can not find a 7.75 twin tail from my local shops. Do you know that is there even any 7.75 twin tails in the market, or am I trying to find something that does not even exist??
Smallest TT that I know of is the Ishod 8"

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm excited to see the crail twin, any stats? I thought I saw somewhere that it'd be one of the few on the market with a 14" wb, a twin tail g052 would be nice. There's a skateshop in thailand that's listing a twin chunk deck on the website with no stats, maybe fake/old. Being for Crob, I was hoping for a 7.75 twin.
[close]

8.25 and 8.5, both 31.875" long. Don't know the WB unfortunately. Shape codes are G069 and G096 (I see what they did there)

The ones listed on that Thai site tally with what I know, and the graphics look right, they've also got the correct shape codes... so guess that's what we are going to be getting - stoked if the WB is 14", that's my jam.

Wheelbase is 14wb
Tails are 6.84' i believe

OCD in Australia has them

Dan Gerous

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2021, 08:55:54 AM »

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »
Just switched to an Ishod 8.3 slick twin tail and loving it. So freeing to just ride and not think about nose/tail/direction.
Love love love it. Only thing that bugs me: The graphics suck (got the BMW one).
Someone mentioned to use nail polish remover + paper towels to get rid of the graphic. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows if I'll ruin the slick removing the graphic like that... thanks for the help.

Sacha

• Rep: 4
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2021, 02:16:46 PM »

7.75 is verging on a freestyle deck, you could try Moonshine or Mode

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »
Just switched to an Ishod 8.3 slick twin tail and loving it. So freeing to just ride and not think about nose/tail/direction.
Love love love it. Only thing that bugs me: The graphics suck (got the BMW one).
Someone mentioned to use nail polish remover + paper towels to get rid of the graphic. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows if I'll ruin the slick removing the graphic like that... thanks for the help.

Try scraping some off with a razor blade first, just to see.

I cannot recall if the slick is applied over everything, or to the deck before graphic is put on, but I know with another brand, they had the slick on the deck first, then the graphic was over the top, so it makes it easier to get the graphic off.

Depending on what you are skating, using a natural obstacle to rub the graphic off might also work well enough, but that might not be quite what you are going for.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2021, 05:03:18 AM »
For canadians, just saw that Top of the World in Ottawa has both sizes of the CROB Twin in stock.

Fuck I can't wait for these to be available in the states.

Jaydd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2021, 05:53:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Fuck I can't wait for these to be available in the states.

This is such a cool looking board. I also like the sizes that were posted (in this thread I think), though they aren't on the crailtap shape guide.

Probably going to run down the LSH and see if he can order 2 of these for me.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »
Do yall have certain board companies that you wish made TTs? I’ve been skating nothing but DLX boards for years and want to try something new but don’t want to switch off from skating TT boards.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2021, 09:13:37 AM »

No idea if the current run is different but as AFAIK the graphics are under the slick. It *is* a shitty graphic but find some ugly curbs and get sliding.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2021, 09:17:47 AM »
Do yall have certain board companies that you wish made TTs? I’ve been skating nothing but DLX boards for years and want to try something new but don’t want to switch off from skating TT boards.

Quasi using the proto shape (same for AWS or any other group with square shapes; yes AWS makes one but it's a standard shape).

Dwindle using Resin 7 (my guess is Madness will eventually do one).

It's interesting that there is a resurgence (thanks to ishod/DLX), hasn't been one for over a decade where multiple brands were making them.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2021, 03:23:32 PM »
Curious too how many are actually the same concave and angle at both kicks, compared to some places just saying both kicks are the same but the decks are still made on the same molds which have different nose and tail angles.

Can't remember where but a couple of people said their twin tails were not the same.

I know from having the Ishod boards, they were, as I guess the Neen boards too, otherwise something would have been said about them by now.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2021, 03:43:32 PM »
Anyone on the hunt we have real ishod twins in 8.3 slick and 8.5, free shipping over $75 in the us
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Real.htm
And Krooked worrest 8.3 slick
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Krooked/p/Krooked-WORREST-Would-Slick-TT-83-x-3195-x59389543.htm

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2021, 04:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quasi using the proto shape (same for AWS or any other group with square shapes; yes AWS makes one but it's a standard shape).

It's interesting that there is a resurgence (thanks to ishod/DLX), hasn't been one for over a decade where multiple brands were making them.

Creature john gardner ghosts is marketed as a twin tail right? I want that board
That would be dsm correct

Sacha

• Rep: 4
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Creature john gardner ghosts is marketed as a twin tail right? I want that board
That would be dsm correct

Yes, Dwindle / Excel depending on whether they have changed, both in China.

Same concave and feel though.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2021, 02:34:03 PM »
Curious too how many are actually the same concave and angle at both kicks, compared to some places just saying both kicks are the same but the decks are still made on the same molds which have different nose and tail angles.

Can't remember where but a couple of people said their twin tails were not the same.

I know from having the Ishod boards, they were, as I guess the Neen boards too, otherwise something would have been said about them by now.

There's been one count (?) of an ishod TT not being a TT and the SC VX McCoy (white one) that's not marketed as a TT (but has been mentioned by SC reps that it is symmetrical as far as kick steepness/degrees of kick) isn't; there is a kick that is longer and you can see it shaped differently once you grip and are staring down at the shape = one is clearly a nose and one a tail and you can easily pick it out every time.

The Neen board I'm on feels true, I can't feel or see a difference at all. That DW 8.25 is the best TT for me so far and the only negs I could throw out is that it could be just a hair longer and steeper.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2021, 04:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's been one count (?) of an ishod TT not being a TT and the SC VX McCoy (white one) that's not marketed as a TT (but has been mentioned by SC reps that it is symmetrical as far as kick steepness/degrees of kick) isn't; there is a kick that is longer and you can see it shaped differently once you grip and are staring down at the shape = one is clearly a nose and one a tail and you can easily pick it out every time.

The Neen board I'm on feels true, I can't feel or see a difference at all. That DW 8.25 is the best TT for me so far and the only negs I could throw out is that it could be just a hair longer and steeper.

Yeah I think that one Real was printed on the wrong shape, same as per a Mason graphic on a twin if I recall, as has happened a bit during the rush post shutdowns, as per a couple of other decks I have had  in recent months too (not TT though).

I recall one normal board from a long time ago where the deck must have been cut the other way round, which felt so weird to skate and was definitely different to the others with the same graphic from the same lot.  Passed it on to someone else pretty quickly, but from that it was curious that it would make such a difference, so for some people who have cut the nose down, or changed the shape, it would still have a definite nose concave and a tail concave.

Different presses for the twins is a must though, as well as making sure the bolt holes are centered.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2021, 07:23:33 PM »
Crob specs, no idea how legit (if true, real close to the G052:
https://doodah.ch/de/chocolate-chris-roberts-twin-chunk-orange-cb4163g069.html

Shape G069 (Twin Tip):
- Wheelbase: 14.0''
- Nose: 6.84''
- Tail: 6.84''

G069 (nice work there ;)

Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing in the upcoming drops:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g5uvxluu69opczo/AADbTCLgGppxMBJ-CQOUSrwla/-Catalogs-?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Key word: "eventually"; they are the only brand under dwindle with shapes, slicks, wheel wells, grip cutouts and shit, makes sense that if anyone under that umbrella would do one, it'd be them.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2021, 08:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I think that one Real was printed on the wrong shape, same as per a Mason graphic on a twin if I recall, as has happened a bit during the rush post shutdowns, as per a couple of other decks I have had  in recent months too (not TT though).

I recall one normal board from a long time ago where the deck must have been cut the other way round, which felt so weird to skate and was definitely different to the others with the same graphic from the same lot.  Passed it on to someone else pretty quickly, but from that it was curious that it would make such a difference, so for some people who have cut the nose down, or changed the shape, it would still have a definite nose concave and a tail concave.

Different presses for the twins is a must though, as well as making sure the bolt holes are centered.
I think the Mason on a TT board and the Ishod TT not on a TT board were probably meant for Ishod, Mason or other guys from the team personally, but got mixed up along the way and ended up in a shop. They ride their personal shapes exclusively (Mason the 8.28 and Ishod the 8.3 TT slick) but DLX makes them boards with their shapes but with all the other Real graphics as well so they don't get bored of having the same graphics all the time.

Regarding the graphics on Ishod's slicks, on all those I have seen, the graphics is printed over the slick, not between the wood and the slick, same for Worrests, but I have not seen the BMW ones in the flesh.

The Crob twin shapes are G069 and G096, someone is probably pretty pleased with himself at Crailtap for this! ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:54:11 PM by Dan Gerous »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »
I think the Mason on a TT board and the Ishod TT not on a TT board were probably meant for Ishod, Mason or other guys from the team personally, but got mixed up along the way and ended up in a shop. They ride their personal shapes exclusively (Mason the 8.28 and Ishod the 8.3 TT slick) but DLX makes them boards with their shapes but with all the other Real graphics as well so they don't get bored of having the same graphics all the time.

That definitely makes sense.

Noticed the most recent Ishod clips are on the Tanner towel graphic or something and was wondering, but didn't really give it much thought.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2021, 06:03:26 AM »
Anyone on the hunt we have real ishod twins in 8.3 slick and 8.5, free shipping over $75 in the us
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Real.htm
And Krooked worrest 8.3 slick
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Krooked/p/Krooked-WORREST-Would-Slick-TT-83-x-3195-x59389543.htm

Broooo thanks just got the ishod and some loopholes, talk about coming in clutch
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Fhk

« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2021, 08:06:33 AM »
I'm under the impression that I am the only one that likes Ishods beemer graphic. I think have had all of them and this ones my favorite for sentimental reasons, so I got two.