Author Topic: Trick Price Tier  (Read 2609 times)

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Trick Price Tier
« on: July 02, 2022, 10:49:55 PM »
What if you could walk into a shop and buy a trick? Like, lets say a kickflip goes for $10. I just watched Ryan Gallant's part in TWS 1st Love. His first tick is a bigspin FS blunt. I'll pay $250 to have that on lock. What would you put a price on a trick? What's the one million dollar trick?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
Re: Trick Price Tier
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 11:02:34 PM »
What if you could walk into a shop and buy a trick? Like, lets say a kickflip goes for $10. I just watched Ryan Gallant's part in TWS 1st Love. His first tick is a bigspin FS blunt. I'll pay $250 to have that on lock. What would you put a price on a trick? What's the one million dollar trick?

turns out a 900 in 1999 is worth $100+ million dollars.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 11:03:18 PM »
I’d pay top dollar to be able to be able to do backside big spin backside tail slides with some consistency
, I love how that trick looks and how it feels when you make one, but it’s a pain in the ass to pop the big soinn high enough onto the ledge without hitting your tail on the wall of the ledge on the way up into the bs tailslide. I’ve only ever done like 2 or 3 at the most but it felt really good to actually make one and roll away.
//////////

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -481
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 05:36:20 AM »
P2w?
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 06:35:28 AM »
then all the best skaters would be trust fund shit heads

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 01:53:17 PM »
I’d give up a check for every hardflip/inward heel or a nollie fs 3 flip.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »
Anyone want my varial flips to dead stop in my driveway circa 2002?  They’re on sale… yours for only $0.02.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 02:50:58 PM »
Id pay 1000 for every try bs flip fakie manny

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 05:48:59 PM »
You can just go out and practice

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 05:55:11 PM »
Nice
Fuckin
Tre
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 06:01:27 PM »
Id pay 1000 for every try bs flip fakie manny
Same

Andy Warhol thought that it was cool that everyone could drink a bottle of coke. No matter how rich you are you can’t have anything different.
I sometimes think about that and glad I don’t drink soda

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 06:01:42 PM »
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 06:02:51 PM »
Fine, twist my arm, I'll dress like Richie Jackson and give out ten dollar pole jams.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 08:16:14 PM »
I would pay 500$ for back nose blunts on lock. Not joking, I think that’s reasonable

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 10:55:19 PM »
It‘s tempting but I am glad you can‘t buy tricks. I live in a rich neighbourhood with more Porsches, Bentleys and G Wagons than regular cars so I imagine those jocks would buy all tricks. Now at least I can bust a rocket kickflip on the Tennis club parking lot where they park their expensive cars and see them watching me with an air of bemusement and admiration because I can do something they can‘t buy. Satisfying, unless I eat shit in front of them, that is.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1371
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 11:02:00 PM »
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a wallie over a parking barrier today

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 01:54:39 AM »
I’d pay over $500 for dipped back smiths

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
This only works if we know the market. Who is getting the money? Are there competitors offering same trick but for less? Are the tricks from the competitors the same or are we getting a Reynolds fs flip from one and a Jeff WonSong from the other? Is kickflip at $10 your actual baseline, or was that just an example to get the thread started? I would probably pay more than $10 to have my kickflips consistent like I used to. And again, who receives the payments? That would greatly factor in my decision to pay for a trick or not (although I don’t think I would ever pay for a trick).

You’re welcome for over analyzing your thread and possibly ruining it for you.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2022, 06:12:30 PM »
It‘s tempting but I am glad you can‘t buy tricks. I live in a rich neighbourhood with more Porsches, Bentleys and G Wagons than regular cars so I imagine those jocks would buy all tricks. Now at least I can bust a rocket kickflip on the Tennis club parking lot where they park their expensive cars and see them watching me with an air of bemusement and admiration because I can do something they can‘t buy. Satisfying, unless I eat shit in front of them, that is.

Congrats.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2022, 06:39:41 PM »

Haaaaaaaaaa

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 07:01:12 PM »

I'd love to come to your neighborhood and key every single car in it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 07:37:16 AM »
This only works if we know the market. Who is getting the money? Are there competitors offering same trick but for less? Are the tricks from the competitors the same or are we getting a Reynolds fs flip from one and a Jeff WonSong from the other? Is kickflip at $10 your actual baseline, or was that just an example to get the thread started? I would probably pay more than $10 to have my kickflips consistent like I used to. And again, who receives the payments? That would greatly factor in my decision to pay for a trick or not (although I don’t think I would ever pay for a trick).

I'd imagine better versions of the trick would cost more, like a base level tre flip might be $50 but it would look like shit. You could by the basic version and then work to improve them, and then maybe resell your trick for profit once you've got them looking nicer. Or you could pay a premium for Josh Kalis style ones straight out of the gate. Then top tier would be Joslin or something where you'd have them dialled enough to be able to take them to huge gaps.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

IpathCats

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 07:43:14 AM »
oof, what a horrible reality to imagine. can you still learn tricks "the old fashioned way"? There would definitely be a huge divide amongst the free to play and pay to win skateboarding userbases if so.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »
$1000, noseslide pop over on round ledges and rails.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2022, 03:41:33 PM »
Fine, twist my arm, I'll dress like Richie Jackson and give out ten dollar pole jams.
Are we still talking about skateboarding?

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2022, 10:19:54 PM »

Nah, I love it that you over analzed.
You bring up a really good point. So where is the money going to? I'd say to the pro or am skater, all skaters paying hospital bills for Putting their body and life on the line. Since Jeff Wongsong has anti pop. you get $1 for his style of kickflip.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2022, 11:06:25 PM »
id empty my account and max my credit card to have ishods ability for 1 hour

cookiecuttersuburb

• Rep: -20
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2022, 11:20:36 PM »
I’d pay $420 to QUIT SINNIN

JRF

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2022, 01:04:51 AM »
Anyone want my varial flips to dead stop in my driveway circa 2002?  They’re on sale… yours for only $0.02.
Do you mean varial kickflip? Or varial heelflip? If we’re talking varial kickflip to dead stop? Then I’m buying! Sold!
//////////

JRF

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2022, 01:14:16 AM »

If we’re going to get technical with the market value I think we’re going to have address a big price difference for noseblunt slides done over the top, at the beginning of a ledge, compared to noseblunt slides done from the middle of the ledge, then things could get even more complicated when it comes to wether you want to pop out in the middle or come out at the end of the ledge/bench/rail.
//////////