Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109193 times)

GliderSkateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #600 on: December 27, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »
All good! We’ll be making some new graphics next year and will take Avril Lavignes advice to heart

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #601 on: December 27, 2021, 09:18:50 AM »
All good! We’ll be making some new graphics next year and will take Avril Lavignes advice to heart

good shit I see those IG ads I'll be checking for them

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #602 on: December 28, 2021, 04:54:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone make a good 7.75 twin tail deck??
[close]

We're planning to make some in maybe March...Some ways away, i know. But we can send over a discount code when its ready if you ever want to test it out (obviously no pressure)

I was thinking I had never seen a twin under 8" wide, most being 8.25" through to 8.5" nowdays, very much like the average board sizes for everything really.  Creature made Evil live twin boards back in the day, with an 8.6 or 8.8 but again nothing small.

The smallest being the Real Ishod deck, with that 8.0" just being part of the range as there are so few people overall riding anything under that nowdays that I think companies would either have very few or end up with a lot of stock left over.

Either way it could be an interesting selling point.

Would the dimensions also be scaled down, shorter length, wheelbase and kicks, or remain the same mold as the existing one?

* Just curious, but some information is best kept until the product is released.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #603 on: December 28, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We're planning to make some in maybe March...Some ways away, i know. But we can send over a discount code when its ready if you ever want to test it out (obviously no pressure)
[close]

I was thinking I had never seen a twin under 8" wide, most being 8.25" through to 8.5" nowdays, very much like the average board sizes for everything really.  Creature made Evil live twin boards back in the day, with an 8.6 or 8.8 but again nothing small.

The smallest being the Real Ishod deck, with that 8.0" just being part of the range as there are so few people overall riding anything under that nowdays that I think companies would either have very few or end up with a lot of stock left over.

Would the dimensions also be scaled down, shorter length, wheelbase and kicks, or remain the same mold as the existing one?

* Just curious, but some information is best kept until the product is released.

I told the Glider owner (who was generous enough to give me half off an 8.0) I think he could corner a niche market by making 7.75” decks. I would be VERY interested in a 7.875 as I’ve been thinking about moving down, but not sure I could go all the way to 7.75.

Can’t wait to try this Glider twin tail. The only other thing that exists in 8.0 is a Real, which isn’t a company I’m much of a fan of

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #604 on: December 28, 2021, 10:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Definitely- we've been getting some emails and DMs about a 7.75 size and we figure that ordering a small batch of whenever we place a re-up won't hurt. In terms of dimensions, we're probably going to dial it down a bit from our 8.0, but not by too much. We'll be sure to send the dimensions here when it's ready to go.

I'm sure you all are aware, but COVID has caused a huge delay with shipping, which makes it really frustrating to turn things around in a quick manner. We launched our brand prematurely (8.5s are taking forever, but we just wanted to go live)... We'll keep you guys posted, and thank you guys for the support and just checking us out

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #605 on: December 28, 2021, 10:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I told the Glider owner (who was generous enough to give me half off an 8.0) I think he could corner a niche market by making 7.75” decks. I would be VERY interested in a 7.875 as I’ve been thinking about moving down, but not sure I could go all the way to 7.75.

Can’t wait to try this Glider twin tail. The only other thing that exists in 8.0 is a Real, which isn’t a company I’m much of a fan of

And again, tysm for this! taking your feedback in and will run with it.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #606 on: January 03, 2022, 07:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

niche within a niche these days.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #607 on: January 03, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »

I got my hands on a load of used boards, which included some twins, so I now have a Real Ishod 8.25 and an Alien Workshop Owlien 8.375 board, among others.

The Owlien is definitely 32.25 or so long, with about a 14.375 or 14 3/8 wheelbase and is more a twin nose to me, with them coming in about 7" each but could be a touch under, or even started a touch longer, as it is a used deck.

Comparing it to the Ishod Monarch white 8.25 deck, the Owlien deck is quite a bit steeper and more full in the shape of the kicks with the kicks significantly longer and wider towards the end, the wheelbase a bit longer too, but only a tiny bit wider when they are put together.

I have a Real 8.3 somewhere which I would also like to compare it to, but I am not sure where it is right now.  From memory both that 8.3 twin and this 8.25 Real are a lot more mellow in concave (both used and gripped so unable to check number on top) than the Owlien, but even just looking at the Owlien, it just looks like a bigger, longer board.

That would be good if you were into that sort of thing, but if not, the Real decks come away as much more nimble, twin tails, rather than twin noses.

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #608 on: January 03, 2022, 02:24:20 PM »
We're getting our 8.5s within the next few weeks (delays upon delays). Would anyone be interested in testing this out for half off (Free shipping + jessup included) in exchange for a review posted here? DM us on Instagram if you are! We got 8s and 8.25s too.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #609 on: January 03, 2022, 07:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got my hands on a load of used boards, which included some twins, so I now have a Real Ishod 8.25 and an Alien Workshop Owlien 8.375 board, among others.

The Owlien is definitely 32.25 or so long, with about a 14.375 or 14 3/8 wheelbase and is more a twin nose to me, with them coming in about 7" each but could be a touch under, or even started a touch longer, as it is a used deck.

Comparing it to the Ishod Monarch white 8.25 deck, the Owlien deck is quite a bit steeper and more full in the shape of the kicks with the kicks significantly longer and wider towards the end, the wheelbase a bit longer too, but only a tiny bit wider when they are put together.

I have a Real 8.3 somewhere which I would also like to compare it to, but I am not sure where it is right now.  From memory both that 8.3 twin and this 8.25 Real are a lot more mellow in concave (both used and gripped so unable to check number on top) than the Owlien, but even just looking at the Owlien, it just looks like a bigger, longer board.

That would be good if you were into that sort of thing, but if not, the Real decks come away as much more nimble, twin tails, rather than twin noses.

Thanks for that, been on the fence for the AWS/Hab twin, but that length is too long for me. Looks like I'm sticking with the DW Foy/Neen for now, even if they are mellower than I would prefer. Whish there was a non-dlx 8.3...not sure what it is but I just can't vibe with them...even if the specs are goldielocks in my book; maybe I should try one with these Royals.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #610 on: January 04, 2022, 04:04:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for that, been on the fence for the AWS/Hab twin, but that length is too long for me. Looks like I'm sticking with the DW Foy/Neen for now, even if they are mellower than I would prefer. Whish there was a non-dlx 8.3...not sure what it is but I just can't vibe with them...even if the specs are goldielocks in my book; maybe I should try one with these Royals.

I have seen some people get crafty and reshape boards, eg trimming down the kicks a touch is not too hard to do, but for most people, it is easier just to buy a deck and not have to mess with it before you even grip and skate it.

From looking at this Owlien twin, I could definitely see the kicks coming down a touch to make it a bit more comfortable, but if you do have access to other acceptable boards, it is way easier to get those ones, than to reshape this one.

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #611 on: January 04, 2022, 04:34:44 AM »
Recently I tried out the chocolate TT 8.25 after coming from a 8.3 Ishod. That thing is definitely not my cup of tea. The wood feels super stiff compared to the BBS wood and the 14inch wheelbase is too narrow for me. Well it was worth a try but I’ll keep it as a spare, or throw some Thunders on them with some old wheels. Immediately switched to my beat up Real Deck after two sessions. Though I found 2 Worrest would you twins 8.3 on Sale in Germany, I ordered them.

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #612 on: January 04, 2022, 09:18:26 AM »
Recently I tried out the chocolate TT 8.25 after coming from a 8.3 Ishod. That thing is definitely not my cup of tea. The wood feels super stiff compared to the BBS wood and the 14inch wheelbase is too narrow for me. Well it was worth a try but I’ll keep it as a spare, or throw some Thunders on them with some old wheels. Immediately switched to my beat up Real Deck after two sessions. Though I found 2 Worrest would you twins 8.3 on Sale in Germany, I ordered them.

Wheelbase is even more important in a twin tail since the length is going to be shorter due to the "nose" being a tail length. Was the chocolate that you tested at 14 inch wb an 8.25?

edit: just re-read, sorry! 8.25 with a 14 inch wb is definitely on the shorter side

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #613 on: January 04, 2022, 09:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wheelbase is even more important in a twin tail since the length is going to be shorter due to the "nose" being a tail length. Was the chocolate that you tested at 14 inch wb an 8.25?

edit: just re-read, sorry! 8.25 with a 14 inch wb is definitely on the shorter side

Yep it’s 8.25 14 inch wb, sorry I am not a native English speaker. Might give it to a friend of mine who likes his Chocolate/Girl decks, but the stiffness is a bit to much for me, personally

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2022, 12:36:34 PM »
If you want an 8.25" twin witha  14.25 WB, the DW Neen is what you need.

If the Chococrob twins were 14.25, I'd bite, as I like the feel of their wood; Baker Bros always feel too mellow and a bit flexy to me.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #615 on: January 10, 2022, 01:49:54 PM »

If the Chococrob twins were 14.25, I'd bite, as I like the feel of their wood; Baker Bros always feel too mellow and a bit flexy to me.

Or the Darkroom.

8.25" wide
14.25" wheelbase
6.5875" tail
6.5875" nose
32" length

https://drkrminc.com/products/rabbit-hole-symmetri-tail-skateboard-deck-8-25

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: January 10, 2022, 02:33:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or the Darkroom.

8.25" wide
14.25" wheelbase
6.5875" tail
6.5875" nose
32" length

That's new!

It does seem that more and more companies are getting on to the twin shapes, but I also wonder if the interest also comes when a woodshop does actually have a twin mold too, with a lot more BBS brands doing them.

I also find it very interesting to see both the top and the bottom views, as some boards like this one look fairly stubby in the kicks from the graphic side, but from the top view, the kicks actually look really pointy, so I am curious to see it in person, or at least hear what others say about it after seeing it.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #617 on: January 10, 2022, 07:52:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Or the Darkroom.

8.25" wide
14.25" wheelbase
6.5875" tail
6.5875" nose
32" length

[close]

That's new!

It does seem that more and more companies are getting on to the twin shapes, but I also wonder if the interest also comes when a woodshop does actually have a twin mold too, with a lot more BBS brands doing them.

I also find it very interesting to see both the top and the bottom views, as some boards like this one look fairly stubby in the kicks from the graphic side, but from the top view, the kicks actually look really pointy, so I am curious to see it in person, or at least hear what others say about it after seeing it.

From our experience, majority of the US factories dont have a templated twin tail shape like how they do for the traditional popsicle shapes. You'll have to send over a CAD drawing with your dimensions...but a lot of the smaller brands (like us) are only allowed to work with the major US factory's default shapes anyway at the moment.

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2022, 04:03:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Or the Darkroom.

8.25" wide
14.25" wheelbase
6.5875" tail
6.5875" nose
32" length

[close]

That's new!

[close]

From our experience, majority of the US factories dont have a templated twin tail shape like how they do for the traditional popsicle shapes. You'll have to send over a CAD drawing with your dimensions...but a lot of the smaller brands (like us) are only allowed to work with the major US factory's default shapes anyway at the moment.

Yeah the options for anyone without significant industry clout are minimal.

The more I look at that Darkroom board, the more I think it is the same as the Deathwish Neen 8.25 - same woodshop, could be the same shape, so they might have jumped on that option if it became available.

@Xen could probably double check that though, but until you have both, it is hard to gauge.

WideFeet

• Rep: 84
« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2022, 10:54:22 PM »
Just set up a Bobby Worrest Slick 8.3 twintail. I’ve skated the Ishod shape 2 other times and loved it. Went up to 8.5 and tried the Ishod twintail and that shape is hot garbage. Loving the smaller board and loving being back on this shape. Never had a slick bottom though, so we’ll see how I like it

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: January 12, 2022, 01:27:53 AM »
Just set up a Bobby Worrest Slick 8.3 twintail. I’ve skated the Ishod shape 2 other times and loved it. Went up to 8.5 and tried the Ishod twintail and that shape is hot garbage. Loving the smaller board and loving being back on this shape. Never had a slick bottom though, so we’ll see how I like it

Every time I get out and look at the Ishod 8.5 twin, I keep getting caught up by the shape of the kicks and how big and round they look, which is why I put it back in a box and reach for a different board to set up.

Anything in particular you found or realised that didn't work for you, or just overall / everything about it?

Just curious - it was bought as stock when I had a shop, then kept as a "just in case" board, but to be honest, I don't think I would ever really consider setting it up.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2022, 01:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Every time I get out and look at the Ishod 8.5 twin, I keep getting caught up by the shape of the kicks and how big and round they look, which is why I put it back in a box and reach for a different board to set up.

Anything in particular you found or realised that didn't work for you, or just overall / everything about it?

Just curious - it was bought as stock when I had a shop, then kept as a "just in case" board, but to be honest, I don't think I would ever really consider setting it up.

To each their own. I skated one 8.5 Ishod twin tail and absolutely loved it. Got another one waiting in my stack of boards. The 8.3 I could not get along with at all. I still have the 8.3 in my stack, barely skated. I should probably set it up when the outdoor season starts this year and just give it to a kid if I still can’t get along with it. I have way too many boards like that in my stack.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #622 on: January 12, 2022, 04:27:39 AM »

This is the only shape I’ve skated for like four set ups, either the ishod TT slick or the worrest equivalent, best shit IMO
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2022, 12:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

To each their own. I skated one 8.5 Ishod twin tail and absolutely loved it. Got another one waiting in my stack of boards. The 8.3 I could not get along with at all. I still have the 8.3 in my stack, barely skated. I should probably set it up when the outdoor season starts this year and just give it to a kid if I still can’t get along with it. I have way too many boards like that in my stack.

I actually like big round kicks, which is why I was so curious that someone else didn't like it.

Given I ride more of an 8.5 with 14.5 wb too (usually DLX 8.38), it sounds like it would work for me too, but the reason I had it for the shop was so many people wanted the twins and a decent twin 8.5 was hard to come by, but then no one wanted that one, so I was left a little bit wondering why.

Not a worry to me - like you I guess I have a few too many boards in the "waiting" list, so I can choose what will work and offload it if it doesn't agree with me.

The 8.3 just felt too small overall when I tried one, but others I know were dead set happy on that board for the rest of their days, so they said.

Skateboarding = funny old thing

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: January 12, 2022, 12:46:17 PM »
If you like big round kicks for your tiwn, the 8.5 Foy is tits; plus it feels more like a Hybrid than a nose or tail (to me anyway).

That darkoom looks pretty nice, bit pointy tho, and long (again, to me as I like'em just shy or slighter longer than 31.8).

Honestly, I feel Deathwish nailed it with the current Neen (8.25) and 8.5 (Foy). The Latter being exactly how I wanted the DLX 8.3 to feel as the doesn't feel like an 8.5" to me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:28:06 PM by Xen »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2022, 03:58:01 PM »

The 8.25" Neen (what I referenced) does not have 7" kicks (they're 6.65"ish it's a 31.5" board with a 14.25" WB) maybe the 8.5"vdoes?

Deathwish is killing it with the twins, the 8.25" Neen and the this 8.5" Foy have great dimensions; the 8.5 Neen is too beastly for me (like the 8.5" DLX).

It took a bit to go back over and check, but now I see from your old post, the Neen 8.25 really is a lot shorter.

I was thinking it was around 32 or just under but I might have been thinking of the Foy or something else.

No one anywhere near me has any of the Deathwish boards and even the stores of significant distances away that would stock them didn't have any of the twins when I went on a bit of a skate mission earlier this month.

Real / DLX boards are way more common in all the shops within an hours drive, so I am more used to seeing (and standing on) all of those.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: January 12, 2022, 06:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote

The 8.25" Neen (what I referenced) does not have 7" kicks (they're 6.65"ish it's a 31.5" board with a 14.25" WB) maybe the 8.5"vdoes?

Deathwish is killing it with the twins, the 8.25" Neen and the this 8.5" Foy have great dimensions; the 8.5 Neen is too beastly for me (like the 8.5" DLX).
[close]

It took a bit to go back over and check, but now I see from your old post, the Neen 8.25 really is a lot shorter.

I was thinking it was around 32 or just under but I might have been thinking of the Foy or something else.

No one anywhere near me has any of the Deathwish boards and even the stores of significant distances away that would stock them didn't have any of the twins when I went on a bit of a skate mission earlier this month.

Real / DLX boards are way more common in all the shops within an hours drive, so I am more used to seeing (and standing on) all of those.

Yeah the 8.5" Neen (and the 8.125") are both long compared to the 8.25" neen and 8.5" Foy, totally different shape 'pools' - the 8.25 neen and 8.5 foy are very close in shape, one is just bigger/smaller.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #627 on: January 12, 2022, 06:39:14 PM »
Y’all ever get a twin tip and really look at the board and clearly tell what side is the nose and tail?
Got an Ishod 8.5 because it was the highest in the stack and there’s clearly a nose (steeper kick on one end).
Meanwhile I hade SC board and the nose and tail were clearly defined
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2022, 07:38:28 PM »
Y’all ever get a twin tip and really look at the board and clearly tell what side is the nose and tail?
Got an Ishod 8.5 because it was the highest in the stack and there’s clearly a nose (steeper kick on one end).

Which graphic was it?

I guess there have not been that many, but I know sometimes things get mixed up and some graphics go on the wrong boards, or some that are meant for team riders go to general sales too.

Almost all his twin shapes have had twin graphics thinking back, the peaches, the Monarch butterflies, the panthers, bloodmoon (bird over red moon) but I guess the blanket series and the night and day was defined too along with the BMW cars series.

There have definitely been a ton of normal shaped (not twin) decks for him over the years too, most recently a really good 8.5 board in the Full SE variety almost all black highlighted "Marbledove" graphic and then another one on the standard 8.5 shape that had a black backgrkound with white dove "Matchbook" graphic that came out again recently.  Almost forgot the "Glitch" oval logo deck too.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #629 on: January 12, 2022, 09:03:06 PM »

I know Ishod also has some regular shaped pro-model decks too so i would double check

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!