Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 101504 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1170 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:15 PM »
All of mine.were the death horse so that would make sense...

However, all the bbs twins ive ridden have been a 1/4 size narrower, neen, foy, quasi Henry…

johnficenec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1171 on: May 07, 2023, 08:50:24 PM »
for what it's worth:

-started riding TT with the Ishod 8.5" peacock board but wasn't the most hyped.

-immediately switched to the Foy 8.5" gator board and enjoyed it more.

for my next deck i really wanna try the Malto/Crob G096.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #1172 on: May 08, 2023, 04:30:38 AM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1173 on: May 08, 2023, 08:26:53 PM »
They just mean popsicle (twin) vs shaped (what they’re really known for).

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1174 on: May 09, 2023, 09:34:12 AM »
for what it's worth:

The G096 has been super fun, highly recommend if it seems to fit what you'd like. The tips are really nicely shaped - Nice wide surface, but rather mellow on the kicks.

14" WB makes it compact and agile, and the flatter concave, fatter tails seems to help with my consistency.

Only thing is the mellow kicks make scooping 360 flips really weird, they really don't want to work, but I'm terrible at them anyway.... Pop Shuvs and nollies feel amazing - shit just works for me

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1175 on: May 10, 2023, 08:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
for what it's worth:

[close]

The G096 has been super fun, highly recommend if it seems to fit what you'd like. The tips are really nicely shaped - Nice wide surface, but rather mellow on the kicks.

14" WB makes it compact and agile, and the flatter concave, fatter tails seems to help with my consistency.

Only thing is the mellow kicks make scooping 360 flips really weird, they really don't want to work, but I'm terrible at them anyway.... Pop Shuvs and nollies feel amazing - shit just works for me

Is the 8.5 a different mold than the 8.25? It’s been a minute, but I thought the kicks felt kinda medium/steep on the smaller one; more twin nose than twin tail to me. Maybe I’m just used to the mellow side of the spectrum.

I liked the deck, but I remember getting a lot of ghost pop on AF1s when I got lazy. I’ve been wanting to try the 8.5.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1176 on: May 11, 2023, 02:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
for what it's worth:

[close]

[close]

Is the 8.5 a different mold than the 8.25? It’s been a minute, but I thought the kicks felt kinda medium/steep on the smaller one; more twin nose than twin tail to me. Maybe I’m just used to the mellow side of the spectrum.

I liked the deck, but I remember getting a lot of ghost pop on AF1s when I got lazy. I’ve been wanting to try the 8.5.

I had both the 8.25 and 8.5 and the kicks are steep. It still feels mellow because there's a big amount of flat between bolts and the kicks. Not as bad as the loveseat/couch, but still too much for me. I could only skate it on ventures+54mm wheels, everything else needed huge wheels in order to get the right pop (for me)

slapattack

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1177 on: May 11, 2023, 03:37:09 AM »
anyone notice their kickflips are lower and less consistent with a TT. Started skating an Ishod 8.38 and its been 3 sessions and they feel far less consistent and more likely to rocket flip.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1178 on: May 11, 2023, 03:46:16 AM »
anyone notice their kickflips are lower and less consistent with a TT. Started skating an Ishod 8.38 and its been 3 sessions and they feel far less consistent and more likely to rocket flip.
Probably not because it's a twin tail. Heavier due to the slick bottom? Kinda long 14.4 wheelbase? Kicks too mellow/steep for your preference?
Is the 8.3 ishod tt actually a true 8.38? I liked that deck a lot.

DeadSquidMask

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1179 on: May 11, 2023, 03:54:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably not because it's a twin tail. Heavier due to the slick bottom? Kinda long 14.4 wheelbase? Kicks too mellow/steep for your preference?

I had the first generation TT Ishod (awesome graphics with the panthers). I too had difficulty getting some of my simple flip tricks to feel right or work the way I wanted. After I re-drilled the tails so they were more like 7”, everything worked better. Now, if I get a Twin, I look for longer kicks and it works better for my flip tricks. Maybe you need a “Twin Nose”?

slapattack

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1180 on: May 11, 2023, 07:01:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont think weight is the issue as I came from an 8.5. This one was a one on press and measures to 8.25. I actually prefer long wheelbases because Im 6' 4 but I think you might be onto something about the mellow tails and shortness of them. I just got offered an internship position so as a gift to myself Im gonna ditch the tt and get a sci fi 8.5 today.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1181 on: May 11, 2023, 09:48:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
for what it's worth:

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had both the 8.25 and 8.5 and the kicks are steep. It still feels mellow because there's a big amount of flat between bolts and the kicks. Not as bad as the loveseat/couch, but still too much for me. I could only skate it on ventures+54mm wheels, everything else needed huge wheels in order to get the right pop (for me)

Maybe I'm just used to steeper kicks then. I could see the flats being deceiving tho.

I also loved the couch shape fwiw, ran it on on Aces and 54mms

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1182 on: May 11, 2023, 03:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
for what it's worth:

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe I'm just used to steeper kicks then. I could see the flats being deceiving tho.

I also loved the couch shape fwiw, ran it on on Aces and 54mms

Yeah, there’s definitely something with that shape. A little weird feeling at first, but like I said, I thought it was a really good deck, especially for people who find most twin decks too mellow. I think I might go AF1 Lows and some small wheels next time if I end up finding an 8.5 around.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1183 on: May 14, 2023, 10:22:21 AM »
My Welcome twin is about ready to snap so got a Santa Cruz McCoy twin to change things up.  I had my first session on it this morning and i didn't hate it.  Kicks are less full and steeper but it feels like they abruptly angle upwards in the pocket which is pretty fucking odd feeling.

No surprise that it's a really stiff deck and it's got that crisp snappy sounding pop, but yeah, there's zero flex on it.  I reckon another couple of sessions on it and I should be used to it. 

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 58
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #1184 on: May 18, 2023, 04:25:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTeaAQv3WA
P-Rod sets up another twin (nose)

6:45ish... not out yet.  Will cop when it eventually drops.

Got this from Primitive CS...

"eCommerce Support (Primitive Skateboarding)

May 17, 2023, 12:49 PDT

Hi Freddie,

As promised, I got the answer now from the relevant team. They have informed us that the twin deck is expected to be released this Fall, but we do not yet have the dimension available at this time.

We'll surely provide more details as we approach the release date. :)"

Fast_Freddie

« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2023, 04:49:24 AM »
On to another twin topic, I swapped from an Ishod 8.0 twin tail to a Welcome 8.0 Twin Nose this set up... definitely a big difference in board feel, and the welcome deck feels a lot more snappy... not sure it is because of the longer kicks or what, but starting to get used to it after 2nd session... seems like I can catch kickflips in the pocket better, but might just be the new grip as well...

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1186 on: May 18, 2023, 09:03:14 AM »

Hi Freddie,

As promised, I got the answer now from the relevant team. They have informed us that the twin deck is expected to be released this Fall, but we do not yet have the dimension available at this time.

Nice, I never did get a response from them. 

What trucks are you running on the Welcome twin?

IpathCats

« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »

was on this shape for a while.

With a smaller nose than normal it helps to put more of your foot on the board for kickflips.

I would just barely cover my rear two front truck bolts, and my toe would be almost to the edge of the board (size 10 shoe)

even with all that foot on the board kickflips were effortless.

really like that shape, i just wish it was a bit longer and had a longer WB.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #1188 on: May 18, 2023, 10:17:37 AM »
On to another twin topic, I swapped from an Ishod 8.0 twin tail to a Welcome 8.0 Twin Nose this set up... definitely a big difference in board feel, and the welcome deck feels a lot more snappy... not sure it is because of the longer kicks or what, but starting to get used to it after 2nd session... seems like I can catch kickflips in the pocket better, but might just be the new grip as well...

hmm...I can't stand twin tail but I could be willing to try a twin nose.
I'd probably still assign one side as nose and the other tail due to my truck preferences.
Are they specifically marketed as "twin nose" or is it still called a twin tail but with bigger kicks?

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1189 on: May 18, 2023, 10:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd probably still assign one side as nose and the other tail due to my truck preferences.
Are they specifically marketed as "twin nose" or is it still called a twin tail but with bigger kicks?

It is still called twin tail but with bigger kicks.
Check out Alien and Habitat or Deathwish twins for bigger/longer kicks.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #1190 on: May 18, 2023, 10:38:52 AM »
Awesome, thank you!

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1191 on: May 18, 2023, 11:56:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crailtap also has a twin tip, an 8.25 and an 8.5. The kicks are definitely more nose-esque but sit right in the middle between nose and tail shape/size. Nice and full, but also compact and light somehow. The 8.5 was my favorite deck in the past few years.

Note the WB is only 14" tho.

Fast_Freddie

« Reply #1192 on: May 19, 2023, 09:21:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Hi Freddie,

[close]

Nice, I never did get a response from them. 

What trucks are you running on the Welcome twin?

Indy 139 Titanium

Expand Quote
[close]

Welcome markets these as "Evil Twins"  they have a few different sizes as well... The main reason I even tried a Welcome deck is because they make a twin in an 8.0"... the only other company that I know that makes 8.0 twins are Real (Ishod) and Glider...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 09:29:28 AM by Fast_Freddie »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1193 on: May 30, 2023, 07:48:44 PM »
Picked up some Habitat 8.38 twins and looks like they went back to BBS

https://habitatskateboards.com/products/mark-suciu-marble-maze-8-375-twin
BBS, black and white "Made in Mexico" sticker

https://habitatskateboards.com/products/mosaic-20-white-8-375-twin
DSM, white sticker with "Made in China"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jacob DeGrosso

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1194 on: June 10, 2023, 12:58:04 PM »
Looks like there’s a new (graphic) 8.3 Krooked Worrest twin slick.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1195 on: June 12, 2023, 02:00:57 AM »
Anyone know the current range of 8.3 / 8.375 / 8.38 twins? I see a few Ishods (old stock), Worrest (new and old) and the Quasi on the market in Europe. Do you know of others? I like the Ishod but would not mind trying something else.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #1196 on: June 12, 2023, 05:02:10 AM »
I just started skating around on the Jamie Foy twin tail. It’s a touch wider than you’d like (8.5), but the wheel base is like 14.28, and I’m really liking it. I think there’s an 8.25, but I can’t find the info on it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1197 on: June 12, 2023, 05:39:39 AM »
I just started skating around on the Jamie Foy twin tail. It’s a touch wider than you’d like (8.5), but the wheel base is like 14.28, and I’m really liking it. I think there’s an 8.25, but I can’t find the info on it.

Cheers, I skated three Foys and they were good but I like it a wee bit smaller. Not ready for 8.25 tho.  ::)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1198 on: June 12, 2023, 05:50:03 AM »
I have a new 8.3 quasi, a lightly skated 8.5 foy, and new 8.5 glider that are all twin tails. Not really feeling them so if anyone is interested in them shoot me a PM.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #1199 on: June 12, 2023, 06:02:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crailtap also has a twin tip, an 8.25 and an 8.5. The kicks are definitely more nose-esque but sit right in the middle between nose and tail shape/size. Nice and full, but also compact and light somehow. The 8.5 was my favorite deck in the past few years.

Note the WB is only 14" tho.

Currently maining their 8.25 twin. G069 if anyone is interested. The 8.5 is the G096. Their dims are identical save for width, with 6.84” tips and a 14” wheelbase. It’s definitely a specific feel, but if you want mellow and a lot of fingers of flat, short WB and still a fuller width I can’t recommend them enough.

Honestly it feels like the 69 was made specifically for me. Pop and flip tricks felt instantly effortless, and they skate like a lighter board.