Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109198 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1590 on: March 06, 2024, 01:36:59 AM »
Found a Deathwish twin tail with a questionable graphic but it could be worse.
I'll get it later today.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1591 on: March 06, 2024, 10:28:39 AM »
I'll get it later today.

Which one? =) I've got a gator on ice, ugly but I like the sparkle paint ;) I like the new one.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1592 on: March 06, 2024, 11:30:13 AM »
Damn, Craig ships quick!  I requested two 8.5 twin tips thinking I'd get only one and a G033 but got both G096 in both colors (white/black & black/white) with that 2 x $80 box.  ;D

I'm impressed with the shape and lack of fingers of flat (other Crail shapes have too much for me). I think I'm gonna enjoy skating these just from the look down factor. That said, kick steepness is not as much as the BBS I usually skate, but I think I'll manage.

I have Thunder 151 and Venture 5.8 (I've never skated Ventures, except trying a friend's board once), so I haven't decided which of these to try. My 149 Indys will make it too short of a WB for me. Decisions Decisions  ???

Fuck yeah! I try to swoop one of those box deals each time they drop.  Hope you find the sweet spot on your truck selection. I'd offer input .. but I've never skated Thunders or Ventures  :-X
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1593 on: March 06, 2024, 11:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I'll get it later today.
[close]

Which one? =) I've got a gator on ice, ugly but I like the sparkle paint ;) I like the new one.

This one, it was €51 with Jessup so I can pass the graphic that at least is symmetrical (hate twin boards with non symmetrical graphics)
Can't find the dims on the tails anywhere and is driving me crazy.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #1594 on: March 07, 2024, 04:28:57 AM »
Primitive wb is 13.875.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1595 on: March 07, 2024, 10:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'll get it later today.
[close]

[close]

This one, it was €51 with Jessup so I can pass the graphic that at least is symmetrical (hate twin boards with non symmetrical graphics)

Huh, never seen that one before!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1596 on: March 07, 2024, 10:32:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'll get it later today.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Huh, never seen that one before!
Deathwish "Hidden inside"
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #1597 on: March 07, 2024, 11:54:43 AM »
Primitive wb is 13.875.

8.25 x 31.85L i think he said the Nose's?? Were 6.9

Looks alright

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1598 on: March 07, 2024, 03:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Primitive wb is 13.875.
[close]

8.25 x 31.85L i think he said the Nose's?? Were 6.9

Looks alright

Primitive CS (via email) said 14.5" for the 8.5 and 14" for the 8.25" guess we won't know until someone has one on hand?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1599 on: March 07, 2024, 05:00:55 PM »

MADE IN USA sticker on top

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1600 on: March 07, 2024, 05:36:08 PM »
Would be nice if the twin shapes from all these brands weren't "13.875 -14" and closer to "14.25 - 14.5." Or if they offered them in both WB (13.8. & 14.25) to have a wider net of customers

Seems like the smaller WB serves Thunder and Venture riders, while everyone else that rides Indy, Ace, Royal, etc. are kinda screwed on twins unless they're not a tall person to begin with. Seems like the Real and Deathwish ones are the better options for taller folks wanting a twin not on DLX trucks
Super Champion Fun Zone

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1601 on: March 07, 2024, 06:23:18 PM »
Would be nice if the twin shapes from all these brands weren't "13.875 -14" and closer to "14.25 - 14.5." Or if they offered them in both WB (13.8. & 14.25) to have a wider net of customers

Seems like the smaller WB serves Thunder and Venture riders, while everyone else that rides Indy, Ace, Royal, etc. are kinda screwed on twins unless they're not a tall person to begin with. Seems like the Real and Deathwish ones are the better options for taller folks wanting a twin not on DLX trucks
i feel like 13.8 is waaaaay too small unless you rider ventures. id be pleased if most ran either a 14 or 14.25 or 14.1 and 14.38 (very dlx oriented wb)

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1602 on: March 07, 2024, 07:43:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i feel like 13.8 is waaaaay too small unless you rider ventures. id be pleased if most ran either a 14 or 14.25 or 14.1 and 14.38 (very dlx oriented wb)

I agree! Perhaps these brands will explore longer WB now that twins have been out for a decent while?

I do suspect most twin tail or noses are this short of a WB to make up for the increased tail and shortened nose lengths. Gives the illusion that it rides like a longer WB and feels balanced, but I'm not sold on that logic, as numbers don't lie in regards to actual effects. Indys on a 13.875 for anyone 5' 9" or taller just sounds too cramped

I've got a new Crob twin tip I'm going to set up with Thunders or Ventures to experiment with soon. I may throw my Indys on there to see how those feel, too
Super Champion Fun Zone

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1603 on: March 07, 2024, 08:11:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I agree! Perhaps these brands will explore longer WB now that twins have been out for a decent while?

I do suspect most twin tail or noses are this short of a WB to make up for the increased tail and shortened nose lengths. Gives the illusion that it rides like a longer WB and feels balanced, but I'm not sold on that logic, as numbers don't lie in regards to actual effects. Indys on a 13.875 for anyone 5' 9" or taller just sounds too cramped

I've got a new Crob twin tip I'm going to set up with Thunders or Ventures to experiment with soon. I may throw my Indys on there to see how those feel, too
let me know if feel better! I'm an Indy normie and didn't want to change my trucks for that board, but I'm willing to listen to reason (and i need an excuse to try Ventures)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1604 on: March 07, 2024, 08:42:29 PM »
Welcome, Toy, Deathwish, all longer WB at 14.25 usually...provided Welcome makes more and toy doesn't stop making them...feels like DW takes 1-2 drops between twin drops.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: March 08, 2024, 01:30:36 AM »
Welcome, Toy, Deathwish, all longer WB at 14.25 usually...provided Welcome makes more and toy doesn't stop making them...feels like DW takes 1-2 drops between twin drops.

That's the thing, the DW had specs close to what I liked but the nose, err, tail haha both ends looked too pointy, just like the standard "OG" Baker shape, so it turned me off to it in the shop I was in. I know you said you perceived it to be not as pointy, but I guess we differ on perception for our preferences.

I'll keep an eye on Welcome, since I've not heard much on their twin shapes or seen one in person yet. Do we know of the Toy Machine twins are BBS? I bought a team Toy Machine deck awhile back and it was like a plank of wood: no body, curves, concave, etc. Didn't feel or look anything like quality BBS wood, so I'm skeptical of trying Toy if I'm not getting PS Stix or BBS or Clutch wood.
Super Champion Fun Zone

ridethegutter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #1606 on: March 08, 2024, 02:55:40 AM »
New quasi

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1607 on: March 08, 2024, 09:08:13 AM »
ooof, that's ugly....anyone that is colorblind gives us a shout if this looks good with your color spectrum.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 03:51:12 PM by Xen »

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1608 on: March 08, 2024, 04:12:11 PM »
ooof, that's ugly....anyone that is colorblind gives us a shout if this looks good with your color spectrum.
colorblind here but no it doesn't

i want to like it but the color palette is pretty heinous (at least what I can see is  ::) )

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: March 09, 2024, 12:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
colorblind here but no it doesn't

i want to like it but the color palette is pretty heinous (at least what I can see is  ::) )

That’s too bad with that name there’s a missed opportunity to actually make it look good for those that are.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1041
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #1610 on: March 09, 2024, 02:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Ha yeah I was just thinking about those guys who ride Venture forged versions being all over this - looking at Koston and NOT having to redrill his baseplates on that sort of board either.

Any which way, I guess that is their thing, so they do their boards for what PRod and others ride, compared to Ishod on his Real 14.3 wb or others on 14.25 or even 14.5 wb options on their twin boards.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Micki Free

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1611 on: March 09, 2024, 05:17:56 AM »
Anyone ever end up getting one of those thank you daewon twins?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: March 09, 2024, 05:07:09 PM »
Anyone ever end up getting one of those thank you daewon twins?

The real question is did anyone ever skate ANY Thank You board.... ;)

malevy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1613 on: March 10, 2024, 01:27:20 PM »

Might be coming close to ending my board madness. The heroin has been my favorite by far. Going to skate a few more sessions before I absolutely call it on this adventure 😂

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1614 on: March 10, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »

Might be coming close to ending my board madness. The heroin has been my favorite by far. Going to skate a few more sessions before I absolutely call it on this adventure 😂

Wish I could support Fos but that WB is too small; out of all the twins I've tried I think the Foy is the best all around 'generic' shaped twin out there.

malevy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1615 on: March 11, 2024, 08:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wish I could support Fos but that WB is too small; out of all the twins I've tried I think the Foy is the best all around 'generic' shaped twin out there.

Honestly wasn't a huge fan but I was skating it on indy 144s (also not a fan of the pointiness).
The heroin seems to be a perfect balance with the ventures 5.8. Also really liking the concave/razor edge on it!

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1616 on: March 11, 2024, 03:59:07 PM »
Took the plunge on the 8.5 Primitive Twin Nose. Dimensions are 8.5 x 32.20. Nose and Tail- 6.9 WB-14.12.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1617 on: March 11, 2024, 04:44:04 PM »
Took the plunge on the 8.5 Primitive Twin Nose. Dimensions are 8.5 x 32.20. Nose and Tail- 6.9 WB-14.12.

Not too bad, how's it skate? Have you ridden a Primitive before? If so, are the noses 'traditional' Primitive or different?

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1618 on: March 11, 2024, 10:26:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not too bad, how's it skate? Have you ridden a Primitive before? If so, are the noses 'traditional' Primitive or different?
Havent gotten a chance to skate it yet. Might set it up this weekend if the weathers nice. I’ve ridden a few primitive boards and the nose seems pretty standard

sk4terX

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1619 on: March 12, 2024, 02:41:34 PM »

MADE IN USA sticker on top

TWIN NOSE GANG