Author Topic: nike sb - trust fall  (Read 48746 times)

birdplops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: nike sb - trust fall
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
I really dig it, especially Casper's part and ESPECIALLY Malto patting the "Ben" on Casper's t-shirt after the roll-on 5-0.

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
Major snooze fest until blakes amazing part. Malto went off too.  Get off calebs dick, hes nothing special. Supreme loves to sponsor mediocre skaters that seem "cool".

euro tm

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »
I am 6 minutes in and since I was out of skating and videos for about 10 years I have one question.

Is the phenomenon of zooming on feet an appearance of nike taking over and forcing the viewer to focus on their already known footwear? Who has introduced this idiocy?

I mean we get it Janoski is wearing Nikes, please zoom on them another time. They even have their stupid logo tagged on the screen just in case anybody forgot it's a nike commercial.

blame the fat guy who compares himself to stanley kubrick. welcome to skateboarding in 2019.

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
Fantastic skating
Most of the music sounded like the second song in the credits of a limited release motion picture.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
Sorry, don't know how to embed a gif, but this was great:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-02-2019/GGh63I.gif

Irvine-Sucks.com

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
That was amazing, sondtrack was perfect

beat me to it! best soundtrack in a skate video in awhile.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

antiwaxxer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »

blame the fat guy who compares himself to stanley kubrick. welcome to skateboarding in 2019.

ok and this guy is who? Is he a nike employee by chance?

Anyway, Daan is too good to be paired with a mortal skater, does not compliment the other guy. Blake Carpenter wtf who is this, have to look up his stance now. On which level is this guy? Malto is quality. Rest of the video more or less forgettable stuff made look cool by astute music choice which nevertheless does not fit the skating.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
Sorry, don't know how to embed a gif, but this was great:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-02-2019/GGh63I.gif

got you

this is a really good interview on the process behind the video as already posted in this thread. will make you understand a things bit better - https://www.freeskatemag.com/2019/07/01/jacob-harris-and-casper-brooker-trust-fall-interview/

blake originally skated to leonard cohen - memories but i guess it didn't get cleared.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
Major snooze fest until blakes amazing part. Malto went off too.  Get off calebs dick, hes nothing special. Supreme loves to sponsor mediocre skaters that seem "cool".

Yeah Tyshawn KB  Kader and Rowan are so  run of the mill.

Edit: I didn't think Caleb's part was amazing but it did follow probably the best shared part of the decade.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:33:55 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
that was fucking unreal, amazing edit especially the soundtrack. 3 of my fav acts Suicide, J Cale, Destroyer

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2019, 03:31:00 PM »
Hard to bash Nike when they support this type of skating and put out content like this. Good for Jacob Harris. The slo-mo shot of Caspar and the bubble is hilarious. That cobblestone quarter pipe session in Porto is fucked, I couldn’t even kickturn on it.  Daan and Piscopo together was a great idea, loved that part.  Cyrus’s bs Smith on that out rail was so gnarly. I feel like less than 5 people have skated that thing. First time I remember seeing it was when BA fs boarded it in Yeah Right. Great to see Malto killing it this hard after his injury. His Nollie flip over the channel gap was insane. Blake needs to ride for Wknd already, hopefully it happens after the toy video.
Will watch again.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:53:00 PM by HateFV »

euro tm

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ok and this guy is who? Is he a nike employee by chance?

Anyway, Daan is too good to be paired with a mortal skater, does not compliment the other guy. Blake Carpenter wtf who is this, have to look up his stance now. On which level is this guy? Malto is quality. Rest of the video more or less forgettable stuff made look cool by astute music choice which nevertheless does not fit the skating.

bill strobeck. he was good 15 years ago but films like shit now.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:43 PM »
Im tripping on the people who were only stoked for the last part, i feel completely opposed to that. Blake Carpenter is the most boring its like watching a slightly less broed out nyjah or something. Wish max had a few more in there but whatever. Calebs 5-0 against the wall was something special. Piscopo on the top of that yellow pole may have been my favorite trick in the video. Daans footage was tight but i was expecting something crazier, i dont know. Music was sick. Overall really sick gonna watch over and iver this summer minus the last 5 minutes or whatever
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2019, 04:06:54 PM »
rather watch cover version again

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2019, 04:24:38 PM »
Zero soul like every nike videos.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 95
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
Dean looks like a mix between Grant Taylor & Frank Gerwer

Anyway I liked the video, I think 20 minutes is the best duration for this kind of video

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »
Daan, Blake and Cyrus were the best parts. Caleb does some sick shit, but his knees bang together too much on landings

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2019, 05:14:37 PM »
calebs on stussy
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2019, 05:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
calebs on stussy

he's been of stussy for a min

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
calebs on stussy

shut up u nerd fag and ur stoopid commie lookin bitch

stephop180

• Rep: -2
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2019, 06:03:41 PM »
Daan is simply one of the best

Technique

« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »
Great video, no doubt about it. Still don’t understand who the fuck even likes Donovon though. Guy dresses like a douche, AND doesn’t tuck his bonelesses. Abominable.
Also, I really wanna love guys like Cyrus and Andrew, but their skating just seems so non-relatable sometimes. Sorry, handrail clips are just super boring and cliche. I really thought we were already past that in 2019.
Anyways, Max is fantastic is always. Although not that much footage from him. We certainly need another Max Palmer part, I’m sure everyone here would agree.
But on a greater scale, this video evoked one important thought in me - have we lost touch with the ideas that all these young skaters were promoting in the early 2010s? Now even guys like Casper are tre flipping huge double sets, which is almost exactly the opposite of what you would expect to see from the new generation if you were in 2013. I can’t help but feel that skateboarding is compromising itself again by becoming too hard, dangerous and technical, which at a certain point almost makes it less cool and interesting. And maybe it’s just me, but what I always really like seeing is just simple, but interesting tricks done really fast, with a certain energy, or avant-tech plaza skating. Everything else just seems either shit or utterly unrelatable.
So yeah, stop skating handrails. They suck anyways. Flat handicap rails don’t count though.

Technique

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2019, 06:06:02 PM »
Idk, maybe I’m just an idiot though.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »
If you name a video Trust Fall, and don't include any footage of any trust falls, then why name it Trust Fall? I'm even reading the article on Thrasher and it doesn't seem like there's any cohesion to it. It is to laugh. At least Propeller had a quick clip of a skateboard rotating like a propeller.

Aaaanyway, everyone had some good tricks. I liked Cyrus' b/s smith on the Madison Square Garden rail and Kyron's kickflip b/s smith.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
Idk, maybe I’m just an idiot though.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »
Dean!

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »
If you name a video Trust Fall, and don't include any footage of any trust falls, then why name it Trust Fall?
do you really want to see footage of these guys doing trust falls?  :o

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »
Expand Quote
If you name a video Trust Fall, and don't include any footage of any trust falls, then why name it Trust Fall?
[close]

Yeah, why not? Make a fun skit out of it. Show it in the credits. Just show something that makes sense. If you're going to name the video after a very specific activity, but don't make any mention to it whatsoever, then...why name it as such? It's strange and actually detracts from the skateboarding, which is amazing.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »
Cyrus' backsmith and 180 fakie manual need a mention.

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2019, 07:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, why not? Make a fun skit out of it. Show it in the credits. Just show something that makes sense. If you're going to name the video after a very specific activity, but don't make any mention to it whatsoever, then...why name it as such? It's strange and actually detracts from the skateboarding, which is amazing.

ya these guys look like they're all into skits, and bingo! a skit in the credits is just what would add to the skating in this video   ::)

i get your point that its a random name but its a generic nike video, what would you have wanted to call it? chronicles 7?