Author Topic: nike sb - trust fall  (Read 48753 times)

know_your_role

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: nike sb - trust fall
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »
filming feet has got to stop

thebacker

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »
That got me really hyped. I was stoked on everyone. That felt song was used very recently- in a euro vid I think, maybe converse or something?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »
filming feet has got to stop

I'm really glad after 6 minutes or so, the filming changed. That first part had such good skating, but I was so distracted by the Strobeck style filming. Drives me nuts.

Irvine-Sucks.com

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »
That first part had such good skating, but I was so distracted by the Strobeck style filming.

this phase is gonna be looked back upon so poorly in 10 years. also totally embarrassing to completely copy someone else's shtick, even if it is for a shoe company

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »
Was very very disappointed in this video. the music was fantastic, best thing that can be said about the video. Casper and Blake were super good but just skate so blandly to me. The montages actually had most of the heat of the video even if those were 80% bland as well. Was EXTREMELY disappointed in the Caleb footage. Every single trick in his hockey 3 part was better then a single trick in this entire video he did except maybe the switch crook switch nose manual line. Malto honest to god shocked me. EVERY single trick he put out was stylish and a banger, never thought I’d say that about a malto video. Now with all of that said, Donovan and Daans part is historic. That shared part will not be forgotten. Literally the best skating of that entire video by such a large amount minus Malto. If I have to rank full lengths so far this year I’d have to say it goes SS2, then seance, then this. Was expecting much much more from a Nike video.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
Just do yourselves a favor and skip to 18:25, that's when Blake and Sean's part starts. The rest video is just kind of bland with the exception of Daan's footy.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »
Caleb's part/the Johnny Wilson montage was hands down the best thing in this video. Max, Caleb, Cyrus, 4ndrew, all of those guys' skating complements one another really well. I liked Casper and Kyron's footage a lot, as well, though I was disappointed we didn't get a few more Atlantic Drift cameos. The one-push backside flip and 360 flip lines were great.

Nice to see some new Janoski footage, even if it's only a few tricks.

Donovan's a try-hard, but this was the best footage he's out out since the first Hockey promo.

Blake Carpenter is super good, but he looks way too much like the dudes who would try to beat me up in high school for me to really enjoy his footage.

Overall, good video, probably wouldn't have killed them to film for another six months or so but whatever, I'll watch it again.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2019, 11:15:29 AM »
Hated the way that was filmed. Good stuff, but utterly forgettable all around.

Basically wasted the Daan footage. I love "full lengths" but I would rather see a 2 min Daan part than to have to sit through the rest of this vid. Whoever edited it really did Daan a disservice pairing him with Donovon     

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »

Blake Carpenter is super good, but he looks way too much like the dudes who would try to beat me up in high school for me to really enjoy his footage.

I'm also oddly triggered by Carpenter.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2019, 11:37:37 AM »
Pretty boring, overall. Daan's shit was great, but a video full of shared parts takes away the enjoyment.

Not sure I understand the hype around Caleb Barnett? All I saw was a dude with awkward, stiff style constantly drag his toes on landings and touch his nose/tail on manuals while wearing pants out of 1997. Weird all around.

waffle

• Rep: 127
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
Pretty cool video. Malto had great footage - I wasn't expecting that.

Black Carpenter's part felt like it was from another video entirely. Honestly seemed like there was a contractual obligation to include it, because he clearly did not go on many filming trips with the others.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Who Cares
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »
Pretty boring, overall. Daan's shit was great, but a video full of shared parts takes away the enjoyment.

Not sure I understand the hype around Caleb Barnett? All I saw was a dude with awkward, stiff style constantly drag his toes on landings and touch his nose/tail on manuals while wearing pants out of 1997. Weird all around.

I back this 100%

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »
Sorry, I liked it a lot. Daan ruled, and Piscopo also had some great stuff.

NoSugar

• Rep: -27
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2019, 11:56:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I back this 100%

1000%. Caleb looks horrible on a skateboard and dresses like a fucking idiot. Mostly shit video with a few good things hidden in the endless montage of guys who all look exactly the same.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2019, 12:03:08 PM »

yo i hope this a joke this some pussy shit to say

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
at work and cant watch this for another hour so i'm actively trying to avoid this thread while actively monitoring it
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

DemonCarcass

• Rep: 1
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
not a fan of the music really. but god damn...amazing displays of skating.

really liked that first dude bookers part. good fuckin shit!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2019, 12:19:18 PM »
Piscopo is the best out of the FA camp but doesn't get recognition because he doesn't ride for Supreme

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »
yall scrubs really not fucking with caleb?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2019, 12:25:19 PM »
Casper, Kyron, Malto such a good opener, and Jacob didn’t Strobeck it as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

I’m one of the guys that thinks Caleb looks really good on a board - rebirth of BA

Daan is fucking magic.

Blake’s ender had perfect style, but yeah dude belongs in the weird things that creep you out thread.

Great paced edit though, I liked Casper not getting the bubble and Caleb’s laughs.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Who Cares
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2019, 12:30:20 PM »
Piscopo is the best out of the FA camp but doesn't get recognition because he doesn't ride for Supreme

Did you forget about Louie????

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »
Blah blah blah filming blah blah blah outfits blah blah blah song choices
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »
I like the dark skin guy but I’d like him more in DCs
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2292
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
Feel like a lot of short skaters don't appreciate Caleb. Not forcing you to like him,but there's shitloads of guys people praise that are questionable to others. Acquired taste I guess.

This is one of the better swoosh vids, Daan and Donovan were great together,capris and scum staches unite! I wonder what Blake has for the Toy video and how much it'll contrast edit wise from this. He is good,but in that circle of bland boys you don't really get hyped on.

The Caleb and co. part could easily be a hit as a solo montage,but it definitely was a pick me up in this.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ralf_

• Rep: -31
  • yo
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »
evrybody killed it so much goddammit fresh
fun fun fun

antiwaxxer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »
I am 6 minutes in and since I was out of skating and videos for about 10 years I have one question.

Is the phenomenon of zooming on feet an appearance of nike taking over and forcing the viewer to focus on their already known footwear? Who has introduced this idiocy?

I mean we get it Janoski is wearing Nikes, please zoom on them another time. They even have their stupid logo tagged on the screen just in case anybody forgot it's a nike commercial.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:20:11 PM by antiwaxxer »

hmmmokay

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »
This is one of the better swoosh vids, Daan and Donovan were great together,capris and scum staches unite! I wonder what Blake has for the Toy video and how much it'll contrast edit wise from this. He is good,but in that circle of bland boys you don't really get hyped on.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »
That was amazing, sondtrack was perfect