Author Topic: CJ Collins Pro as fuck  (Read 10574 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: CJ Collins Pro as fuck
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
Why are you motherfuckers hating on this kid? He shreds a million times better than moste of you negative assholes on here LOLOL

It has nothing to do with skill

What a god damn waste of a good avatar

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2019, 02:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I remember his Myspace page his dad made him,been shakin my head ever since.

Toy trying to tap into that contest market since that's all CJ skates.
[close]

How old was he during this? 2?
10 years ago so 5/6

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
According to Google’s he turns 16 tomorrow. 16 year old pros are not unheard of. It’s not the norm, but hardly rare. He’s got a kooky dad and a kooky hat, but he’s definitely not too young.
[close]
There was once a guy named Steve Caballero who turned pro at the age of 16. Seemed like no one really had a problem with it aside from the people who had to skate against him.

you're right, CJ collins and Steve Cabellero turning pro are equivalent. skating is the same as it has ever been.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2019, 07:11:12 PM »
Expand Quote
According to Google’s he turns 16 tomorrow. 16 year old pros are not unheard of. It’s not the norm, but hardly rare. He’s got a kooky dad and a kooky hat, but he’s definitely not too young.
[close]
There was once a guy named Steve Caballero who turned pro at the age of 16. Seemed like no one really had a problem with it aside from the people who had to skate against him.

You literally trying to compare Caballero to every ripping 16 year old ever. Please stop. Plus that logic is part of the reason why the status of "pro" has been so watered down up to this point.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 09:35:43 PM by Kanye Omari West »

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2019, 07:30:55 PM »
I guess that have to turn SOMEONE pro every once in a while, and who else do they have? They for sure fucked up by sleeping on Tre Williams.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:27 PM »
Remember when everyone talked shit on flip for their team full of children?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2019, 07:45:35 PM »
You say that like it's worked out swimmingly for them.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
ya now we talk shit about their team full of adults

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
RIP Toy Machine

Seriously. Kinda lame now while foundation keeps getting better. Weird huh.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »
Why are you motherfuckers hating on this kid? He shreds a million times better than moste of you negative assholes on here LOLOL

Dude I usually like you but damn that was a dumbass comment.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
It didn't seem to work out for them business-wise. But, obviously, Louie became amazing. There have obviously been other groms who got on companies early, and grew into amazing skaters who are well-liked such as Donovan, Grant, Dylan, Tyler Bledsoe, Westgate, etc. Obviously, though, there are also the David Loy's, Chaz Ortiz's of the world.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »

Louie, Daveed, Curren, Luan have all proven there worth/relevance to pro skating imo. They all skated contests well, and also skated video parts well, and demos. That’s a fucking solid team of kids in every aspect no matter what slap shitheads have to say.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2019, 09:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Louie, Daveed, Curren, Luan have all proven there worth/relevance to pro skating imo. They all skated contests well, and also skated video parts well, and demos. That’s a fucking solid team of kids in every aspect no matter what slap shitheads have to say.

and now, depending on who you listen to, they're done. they made a poor bet, and it didn't pay off. i don't want to see toy do the same thing.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2019, 09:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and now, depending on who you listen to, they're done. they made a poor bet, and it didn't pay off. i don't want to see toy do the same thing.

Ya why try to cash in on top end young talent because they may outgrow your company someday

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ya why try to cash in on top end young talent because they may outgrow your company someday
It was more that it seems they never regained the brand's popularity or relevancy even when they had Louie and Curren still on, and Louie was killing it. Regardless of how good those guys are, Flips transition built around these guys was not successful as a buisness plan. Although, a lot of brands have trouble transitioning from a legendary team to the next era. 

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It was more that it seems they never regained the brand's popularity or relevancy even when they had Louie and Curren still on, and Louie was killing it. Regardless of how good those guys are, Flips transition built around these guys was not successful as a buisness plan. Although, a lot of brands have trouble transitioning from a legendary team to the next era.

this is mainly it. toy had a very clearly defined image for years and years, and now, they don't. that's bothersome to me, and a warning sign. IMO, toy is flip 2.0

euro tm

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
all i know is cj’s dad quit his job to become his full time “agent” and makes more than enough as a 15 year old kid to support him. also gets paid, or at least used to, under the table from redbull. there’s gotta be some kind of law about minors riding for an energy drink company. pretty fucked though.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »
all i know is cj’s dad quit his job to become his full time “agent” and makes more than enough as a 15 year old kid to support him. also gets paid, or at least used to, under the table from redbull. there’s gotta be some kind of law about minors riding for an energy drink company. pretty fucked though.
Sounds like Adeyemi Huston part 2.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2019, 11:31:13 PM »

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2019, 11:41:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
one more toy board ill never buy.
The lack of care put into that font really annoys me. It's like the 1st basic free Photoshop pack you download from some suspect website.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »
he’s still little boy machine

haha I like you..I like this.

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2019, 01:22:23 AM »
Glad Axel swooped in with the hype. Nothing worse than seeing tonnes of cameras filming it, but no one actually enjoying the moment.

(This might have been the most grumpy old man thing I've ever said, at the ripe old age of 25)

shingles

• Rep: -61
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2019, 01:52:32 AM »
Wouldn't this be considered child-labor?
support your local ramp-tramp

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2019, 02:28:55 AM »
Grown ass men hating on a little kid, LOLOL

The nerve of you

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2019, 03:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, this makes no sense. Organic building and cultivating talent is great. They were insanely good riders, and flip had an insanely good young past. They wanted to recreate that and it failed obviously.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like Adeyemi Huston part 2.
#GIVETHEBENZBACK

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »
i wouldn’t be surprised if he has the highest selling model .. it’s a business and we all know who keeps the industry afloat
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
i wouldn’t be surprised if he has the highest selling model .. it’s a business and we all know who keeps the industry afloat

SLAP Pals?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »
This kid has a ton of big sponsors a few of them corporate, Toy Machine may have been told to turn him pro or lose him. Also now with the Olympics being a thing this could be relevant to that, he's also destroying all these contest and if he's good enough to compete with the pros it makes more sense that he's able to compete for the higher cash prizes at a pro contest. Skateboarding is in a new change over phase and the last time that happened most of your new pros were between 15-17 years old Mariano, Koston, Mike Carroll, Henry Sanchez, Danny Way, so this isn't a really crazy thing, its just a little different than it has been.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
I don't think the main complaint is that he's young, but that he hasn't really done much outside a contest circuit and that he doesn't fit Toy Machine in the slightest.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.