Author Topic: Jeron of co-owning Diamond  (Read 13841 times)

Hick Roward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
Re: Jeron of co-owning Diamond
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2024, 05:57:25 PM »
Oh, wait, I do recall Tony getting into the CBD biz, this video is pretty hilarious.

I think Tony is still on THC, but of CBD, despite him trying to distance himself from THC in this interview.

https://www.skateboarding.com/videos/tony-hawk-canna-hemp-x-interview

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2024, 06:08:50 PM »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Hick Roward

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2024, 06:13:51 PM »
Tony can't even move his neck back and forth and yet he is rubbing his neck with some magic CBD elixir potion, be straight up about it all.

Anyway, back to Jeron.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2024, 06:43:45 PM »
Diamond peaked in like 2007

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2024, 07:47:39 PM »
Tony can't even move his neck back and forth and yet he is rubbing his neck with some magic CBD elixir potion, be straight up about it all.

Anyway, back to Jeron.

Tony uses stem cells. I think most of the dudes in that 50y/o vert bracket use them.

Hick Roward

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2024, 07:51:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Anyway, back to Jeron.
[close]

Tony uses stem cells. I think most of the dudes in that 50y/o vert bracket use them.

He recently said he was going to try them, no evidence he has, I hope they do help, I might need them as well. I'm in the broken femur over 45 skate club.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2024, 08:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyway, back to Jeron.
[close]

[close]

He recently said he was going to try them, no evidence he has, I hope they do help, I might need them as well. I'm in the broken femur over 45 skate club.

He’s talked about it on his podcast. Jason’s done it too. Like 3 weeks ago he was talking about going back with Riley

Hick Roward

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2024, 11:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyway, back to Jeron.
[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s talked about it on his podcast. Jason’s done it too. Like 3 weeks ago he was talking about going back with Riley

Ok, cool. No evidence they helped as the dude still has to move his whole body to shift his neck and head.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2024, 12:36:06 AM »
probably the worst time to invest into carts/ prerolls/ shitty hotdogwater distillate in shiny packaging. juggalo shit.

free max b
Sadly this is not true. I am heavy in the cannabis business and the one thing I can say is this: never bet against stupidity in America

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2024, 10:26:23 AM »
Its crazy how many empty carts i see on the streets in denver. Most carts are terrible, but ceramic rosin carts can be acceptable. 

Im i trippin or did jerof already say blonde is dead?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2024, 01:43:12 AM »
Wait so he launched this shit in 2019 and in 2024
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2024, 04:54:31 AM »
Probably launching this brand to get his wife off his back for another couple years and look like he’s doing something

Sounds like things were getting pretty bad with Diamond for him to not talk to Tershey for that past 5 years.  I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.   Lots of partying I’d guess.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2024, 09:35:03 AM »
Probably launching this brand to get his wife off his back for another couple years and look like he’s doing something

Sounds like things were getting pretty bad with Diamond for him to not talk to Tershey for that past 5 years.  I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.   Lots of partying I’d guess.

Wonder what really went down. As the saying goes - Never go into business with your friends. 

ReTired

• Rep: 0
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2024, 12:26:12 PM »
Jeron mentioned on the Nine club that he's no longer part of Diamond and they removed any reference of him from the website https://www.diamondsupplyco.com/pages/about

I wonder if he and Nick had a falling out or if Jeron just cashed out his ownership stake to start his ganja company.

It was weird (yet unsurprising) that nobody questioned why he left a huge multi-million dollar company that he co-founded

Starting a ganja biz in 2024 in CA is like starting an ice delivery biz in Nome AK, only viable if you’re looking for a tax writeoff.  Unless you plan to sell off the books, not good on the timing.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2024, 05:21:07 PM »
does ANYONE remembers DIAMOND SHOES?
I’m pretty sure he was really involved in that, which obviously didn’t end well at all. I suspect problems with tershay come from those times.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 32
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2024, 07:10:06 PM »
I remember when Diamond shit was flying off of the shelves at one point and then somebody made the joke when Supreme got robbed that the Diamond store was leaving merch out on the sidewalk with no takers

Pintofguinness

• Rep: -3
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2024, 07:21:27 AM »
I’m pretty sure he was really involved in that, which obviously didn’t end well at all. I suspect problems with tershay come from those times.
Yea HE TALKS about it in his bunt INTERVIEW THAT just came out - I don’t think he was SUPER involved with THE SHOES AND thought it was hurting the business because other shoe COMPANIES weren’t letting ther riders WEAr diamond GEAR - or at least he was bummed on this in hindsight and wanted to distance himself from the shoes a bit

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2024, 08:35:12 AM »
Foy was on Diamond shoes i believe before he got that NB# upgrade

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2024, 08:54:18 AM »
Yup, also Pudwill
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 82
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2024, 10:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yup, also Pudwill

Fuck I completely forgot they had an actual team with Foy etc. They didn’t really ever seem to have the biggest presence after they were initially sort of hot as a fashion brand.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2024, 11:52:07 AM »
At the end of the day bro you already know what it is.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2024, 12:44:07 PM »

I remember when this ad first came out and being blown away at how much money they must have spent on it... all for 32k views.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2024, 12:52:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yup, also Pudwill
[close]

Fuck I completely forgot they had an actual team with Foy etc. They didn’t really ever seem to have the biggest presence after they were initially sort of hot as a fashion brand.

Funny story I actually ran into some dude years ago who was in charge of production on the project before they dropped and he said the main reason they even did the shoes was cause of how well grizzly and and diamond were doing on the fashion side and I guess Torey wanted a skate shoe and that’s partially how we got diamond footwear.

I do remember the boo shoe being pretty popular around the skateparks here in LA and was actually a decent shoe but I think that might’ve been the only shoe they kept before fully canning the project and it was heavily discounted for a bit too .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2024, 12:54:14 PM »

I remember when this ad first came out and being blown away at how much money they must have spent on it... all for 32k views.

Biebel transformation is wild
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2024, 01:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yea HE TALKS about it in his bunt INTERVIEW THAT just came out - I don’t think he was SUPER involved with THE SHOES AND thought it was hurting the business because other shoe COMPANIES weren’t letting ther riders WEAr diamond GEAR - or at least he was bummed on this in hindsight and wanted to distance himself from the shoes a bit
Theres was a short period of time where Diamond was making these fake Jordans, idk if those were done thru DVS or whatever he was talking about with that deal, I'm guessing enough of those flipped in Zumiez they thought footwear would work. My biggest deal with Diamond footwear is every silhouette was the same shoe every tech company was making as their non tech shoes, idk why someone would think they could come out of nowhere and make pretty much the smallest shoe proven companies such as DC, Supra, and Emerica already had taking up wall space.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2024, 01:58:54 PM »
I skated the icon I didn't like most of the shoes, but these were pretty basic. Like the shoe design, it was a really meh shoe. The type of shoe that doesn't feel broken in, until it's a hole in it. Patch up the whole and it's skates okay.

the shoe the rifted on the jordan

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 82
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2024, 02:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is absolutely crazy. And this is my only related moment to admit that I had a very slow day in work today and read all 49 pages of the Fuck Biebel thread. Before and during lunch. There are some fucking hilarious photos in there. Like the one where he’s hanging Stefan over a pier. Someone said he looks like he smothers himself in Merlot before tanning and I goddam choked on my cig.

Also that vid advert was cool - but would have been much cooler had they actually done the bullet time focus on the actual shoes mid- trick and not some weird low rendering of the shoe. Surely there was a way to impose an actual scanned image of the shoe in.

Dad Board

• Rep: 86
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2024, 06:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It is absolutely crazy. And this is my only related moment to admit that I had a very slow day in work today and read all 49 pages of the Fuck Biebel thread. Before and during lunch. There are some fucking hilarious photos in there. Like the one where he’s hanging Stefan over a pier. Someone said he looks like he smothers himself in Merlot before tanning and I goddam choked on my cig.

Also that vid advert was cool - but would have been much cooler had they actually done the bullet time focus on the actual shoes mid- trick and not some weird low rendering of the shoe. Surely there was a way to impose an actual scanned image of the shoe in.

Crazy how big the outrage was about that Beibel assault video in 2020 but only 2 weeks ago Jeron was on the bunt downplaying it saying beibel was a victim of circumstance and only laughed at the homeless guy, or whatever bullshit he said. Idk if the bunt guys somehow don’t know what happened or just didn’t want to press Jeron during his interview but that shit was so wack.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2024, 06:42:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Crazy how big the outrage was about that Beibel assault video in 2020 but only 2 weeks ago Jeron was on the bunt downplaying it saying beibel was a victim of circumstance and only laughed at the homeless guy, or whatever bullshit he said. Idk if the bunt guys somehow don’t know what happened or just didn’t want to press Jeron during his interview but that shit was so wack.

Imagine you have the opportunity to interview a legit legend of the game that you love, and a touchy subject comes up that you don't really know how to handle, and a subject where neither party is really involved in... you're not going to press someone about their response or viewpoint. you're not going to call someone out like Jeron - "WELL WHAT THE FUCK MAN HOW CAN YOU STICK UP FOR HIM THIS HAPPENED???" Jeron has had a personal relationship with the man for 20 years. them "calling him out" or "pressing him" is completely unrealistic and not the role that either of them play. the approach that Dono and Cepah took during the interview is called is called being a professional.

its far too easy to say something like, "they should have said this," or, "how could they not call him out on that," but come on man, they're lucky enough to even be talking to this person in the first place.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2024, 09:21:32 PM »

is this the worst team of all time? torey, nick tucker, boo johnson - is there a more irrelevant and unlikeable group of skaters ever? and to pay them top dollar is actually insane.