Author Topic: Cobra of Plan B  (Read 31488 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Cobra of Plan B
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2019, 05:57:08 PM »
He also plays his guitar almost exclusively on the neck pickup which drives me nuts
Yeah if you’re trying to get that heavy djent that’s not where you wanna be picking.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:15 PM »
for some strange reason i see him land on Santa cruz via Tom Asta and Andrew Cannon..

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote
i love red

sahlom
[close]

Honestly from her Insta she seems way cooler than cobra with better music taste.

He also plays his guitar almost exclusively on the neck pickup which drives me nuts

Unforgivable.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:47:38 PM by palelight »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2019, 01:14:46 AM »
i love red

You see me and you think I'm a jerk
First impressions without a word
You can't believe your eyes at first
But now you know you've seen the worst

Red, I'm seeing red

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »
2 time SOTY to youtube coach, what a ride!

Fuck man, that's some existential dread

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2019, 02:10:02 AM »
Chris Cole has got to be the lamest fucking dude. Never liked him. Cheesy as fuck and terrible style. Sure he did some gnarly shit but none of it looked any good. I’m surprised he’s had a career as long as this in skateboarding.

He may well be lame in certain aspects, sponsor choices and cheesy endorsements but you're fucked if you don't recognize the contribution he made to skateboarding and why he has a decent length of career. That New Blood part blew the fucking doors off what I and other people thought possible- perfect bs 360 kickflip down a known big spot, bs 270 nosebluntslide slide Beverly 9, Koston's recent at the time 360 flip nosebluntslide ender on a different+steep handrail- thrown into the middle of his part.
That's not even his best part either. His style is defo an acquired taste that's for sure , but to say that none of it looked any good is just a tad hyperbolic.

I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:13 AM »
Yeah before that new blood part i didnt think anyone would fuck with someone whose style sucked so bad,  but there ya go hey.

Yeah nah Chris Cole seems like an alright bloke hey,  good on hin for getting out there and going for it
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2019, 03:53:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Cole has got to be the lamest fucking dude. Never liked him. Cheesy as fuck and terrible style. Sure he did some gnarly shit but none of it looked any good. I’m surprised he’s had a career as long as this in skateboarding.
[close]

He may well be lame in certain aspects, sponsor choices and cheesy endorsements but you're fucked if you don't recognize the contribution he made to skateboarding and why he has a decent length of career. That New Blood part blew the fucking doors off what I and other people thought possible- perfect bs 360 kickflip down a known big spot, bs 270 nosebluntslide slide Beverly 9, Koston's recent at the time 360 flip nosebluntslide ender on a different+steep handrail- thrown into the middle of his part.
That's not even his best part either. His style is defo an acquired taste that's for sure , but to say that none of it looked any good is just a tad hyperbolic.

Easier trick with style > hard trick without style.

That’s how it goes for me. Sure it’s sometimes nice to see something nuts and unexpected but if it’s done with poor style it’s hard for me to care about it much at all. I know many ppl disagree and are all about tricks. For me style is what it’s all about.

Ocelot

« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2019, 03:55:34 AM »
cole seems like an alright guy, just a little arrogant and smug

there was a video before where he was on a news channel talking about how he wanted his brand to be bigger than that of tony hawk's, it's like come on man, really?

he does do some tricks really well though - noseblunt and switch frontside flip

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
no matter what you think of the guy, just remember that this has never been done before by anyone else

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That’s how it goes for me. Sure it’s sometimes nice to see something nuts and unexpected but if it’s done with poor style it’s hard for me to care about it much at all. I know many ppl disagree and are all about tricks. For me style is what it’s all about.
I agree easy trick with style > hard trick no style BUT I can only watch the same tricks so many times no matter how stylish so you have to be able to pull out some stuff I’m not expecting as well.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get it but if its all about style then why would anyone care whether a trick is done in a skatepark as opposed to the streets? Im all about spots and how they get used. Sometimes its gotta be sloppy to get 'er done on a wacky spot, but that entertains me more than clean ass kickflips straight down the set.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2019, 07:34:35 PM »
no matter what you think of the guy, just remember that this has never been done before by anyone else

Ride the sky was the shit love that video

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »
I could see him back on World

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
Look just cuz y’alls gen doesn’t look at Chris Coles style the same way ours does, doesn’t mean he has bad style fr. Zero always took themselves seriously, and the skaters who rocked them took them seriously. Y’all just don’t understand the times, I get it looks cheesy and corny as hell now. If you were on zero like late 90s to early 2000s u were how we look at fucking awesome now. They were the innovators of that style. Just like we all know people are gonna shit on those kids someday. Either way, Cole was the fucking Mullen of that team and earned his respek, which is why we endow him with cobra as his nickname.

Edit: Also Fresh TIL death is the best tour ever caught on video, prove me wrong.

Shalom
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:51:56 PM by cheetahsheets »

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I get it but if its all about style then why would anyone care whether a trick is done in a skatepark as opposed to the streets? Im all about spots and how they get used. Sometimes its gotta be sloppy to get 'er done on a wacky spot, but that entertains me more than clean ass kickflips straight down the set.

I think creative use of spots is very important. Style isn't the same as doing something clean as fuck. I think Chris Cole actually does most of his stuff very clean yet has terrible style.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »
Look just cuz y’alls gen doesn’t look at Chris Coles style the same way ours does, doesn’t mean he has bad style fr. Zero always took themselves seriously, and the skaters who rocked them took them seriously. Y’all just don’t understand the times, I get it looks cheesy and corny as hell now. If you were on zero like late 90s to early 2000s u were how we look at fucking awesome now. They were the innovators of that style. Just like we all know people are gonna shit on those kids someday. Either way, Cole was the fucking Mullen of that team and earned his respek, which is why we endow him with cobra as his nickname.

Edit: Also Fresh TIL death is the best tour ever caught on video, prove me wrong.

Shalom

bang on!
EVERYONE was on that tight jean big shoe vibe for a long time, looking back i bet the old  guad were hating hard haha...and now we are the older dudeshating on the new style..  the cirle of beef

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2019, 01:24:35 AM »

Hard not to love this/his opener/part in this video

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2019, 05:48:19 AM »

while i actually like this part, your argument is not very good. tiago lopes produces NBDs on a regular basis and while most of them are incomprehensible theyre often garbage.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2019, 06:46:03 AM »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2019, 07:11:06 AM »

Hahaha what the fuck ...

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2019, 07:28:56 AM »

Pretty certain that somebody did this in an old Darkstar vid

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2019, 09:03:39 AM »

I like that fact that trick stunk so much, even the mighty Falcon had to wear a face mask.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2019, 10:18:35 AM »
Red Cole of Instagram really bummed me out. Still haunts me.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »

Possibly the best rebuttal of all time.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2019, 03:02:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Pretty certain that somebody did this in an old Darkstar vid
Guy Kampfen did it about 13 years ago, at like 2:14

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »
Red Cole of Instagram really bummed me out. Still haunts me.

Agree

And, thoughts and prayers

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »

would gnar you if i could

Shalom

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »
It ain't the best thing I ever seen but the amount of people ripping this dude to shreds over his style is just about as desperate as you can get.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
It ain't the best thing I ever seen but the amount of people ripping this dude to shreds over his style is just about as desperate as you can get.

We're all pregnant with desperation around here.