Author Topic: Cyril Jackson Of Baker  (Read 78897 times)

Kanye Omari West

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
Re: Cyril Jackson Of Baker
« Reply #660 on: June 09, 2020, 07:52:43 AM »
Hakeem going in on Reynolds. Surprised he didn’t bring up the Gooks Of Hazzard.

From the perspective of another black male, this shit is a low blow and just cringe. Some of it is valid. You can't just say that these aren't actual baker graphics. At the same time if anybody really had a fucking problem with it then it would've been spoken on like 10 years ago when these boards and graphics were out. On top of that, was Antwuan not really going to jail? Were these lies on a false stereotype? No. He was in jail. These were real circumstances being made light of and turned into a profit that Antwuan himself was eating off of. I understand we on the witch hunt for all potential racists as we should be but this is such low hanging fruit that these dudes just look stupid for going at Reynolds. If Hakeem is really this stupid then I feel nothing but pity for him. I guess we're just taking shit out of context all 2020 then. Word.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:55:47 AM by Kanye Omari West »

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #661 on: June 09, 2020, 08:00:30 AM »
hold on again
he got kicked off from baker and dc too?

damn kid blowing it

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #662 on: June 09, 2020, 08:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From the perspective of another black male, this shit is a low blow and just cringe. Some of it is valid. You can't just say that these aren't actual baker graphics. At the same time if anybody really had a fucking problem with it then it would've been spoken on like 10 years ago when these boards and graphics were out. On top of that, was Antwuan not really going to jail? Were these lies on a false stereotype? No. He was in jail. These were real circumstances being made light of and turned into a profit that Antwuan himself was eating off of. I understand we on the witch hunt for all potential racists as we should be but this is such low hanging fruit that these dudes just look stupid for going at Reynolds. If Hakeem is really this stupid then I feel nothing but pity for him. I guess we're just taking shit out of context all 2020 then. Word.

Very well said

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #663 on: June 09, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Very well said

The guy got "fucc cops" tattooed on his face. It was his whole schtick

lavrentiy

« Reply #664 on: June 09, 2020, 09:07:41 AM »
Reynolds is a piece of shit
owns company that glorifies alcohol and drugs and face tats marketed to kids/ teens.
Makes fun of homeless /  people with mental health issues in his brands videos.
One trick pony: kickflip/fsflip down stairs(maybe some other shit) boring as fuck
always has the sandiest vagina.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #665 on: June 09, 2020, 09:15:05 AM »
owns company that glorifies alcohol and drugs and face tats marketed to kids/ teens.
One trick pony: kickflip/fsflip down stairs(maybe some other shit) boring as fuck

dont forget:

pretending to have OCD and trying to brand it as "madness"
working to blackball j. strickland.
not paying beagle enough and forcing him to be an uber driver
(those 2 right there, along with the PD is what made baker, baker)
jacking tom pennys style in the 90s

ha.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:20:34 AM by pdknox »

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #666 on: June 09, 2020, 09:17:00 AM »
AR: You know, I’ve been sober—no drinking and no drugs—for ten years now and it’s the best decision I’ve made in my life! Everybody who drinks like we drink, it’s the same story over and over again. So when you get out, stay close to people who don’t drink. Me and Erik don’t do that. You gotta stick close to people who are doing positive things.

AD: I’ve been talking to an OG dude up in here. I’ve been telling him a lot. He’s like, “You can chill with your homies, but maybe you should stay away from all that.” I’m a person—when I party I just go hard as fuck! It’s not healthy. I’ve been reading about all this cirrhosis of the liver! Fuck!

Everyone on Deathwish had alcohol in their graphics. They also put out this one.

EE: Why are you in jail right now?
AD: Why am I in jail?  Ah, man, for violating a three-year joint suspension. They gave me three years. The original case was, some fool at 7-11 being racist, I socked him a couple times. Spit in his face and he’s still talking shit. Walking outside, boom, boom, boom. I bought what I was going to buy and go outside. Mind you, this dude had kids with him. He put his kids in the car. I’m a little faded or whatever, so I don’t give a fuck. He keeps talking shit so I grab my board and start breaking his windows of his car. And his kids are in the car so they gave me battery, five counts of battery, vandalism and child endangerment. So you know, I violated the probation I was offered in this case. I had a three-year joint suspension, which is why I’m here now.

EE: What was your proudest accomplishment as a skater?
AD: Becoming a professional. I know, whatever happened happened. I fucked up. It is what it is. I can’t change what happened in the past. But I’m gonna get out and get my second chance at everything. All you can do is look forward to what’s gonna happen in the future. I’m pretty sure on getting back to that status.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/magazine/antwuan-dixon-interview/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:21:39 AM by 50mm »

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #667 on: June 09, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dont forget:

ha.

That might be the whole reason he never said he had OCD you fuck.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:29:49 AM by Kanye Omari West »

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #668 on: June 09, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dont forget:

ha.
[close]

That might be the whole reason he never said he had OCD you fuck. EVERYBODY s having Penny's style. Reynolds has said he was influenced by him. Reynolds can't have influences??? He was glorifying it because that is what he himself was caught up in. Pretty sure it ended up making him a millionaire and he got clean and sober and preaches that lifestyle too. Not sure if this was a joke but you guys really trying to come at a dude that's done far more good than whatever bad you can scrape up. He's the boss. Been the boss. Gonna still be the boss.

jacking bruce springsteen for his nickname

ha.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #669 on: June 09, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dont forget:

ha.
[close]

That might be the whole reason he never said he had OCD you fuck. EVERYBODY s having Penny's style. Reynolds has said he was influenced by him. Reynolds can't have influences??? He was glorifying it because that is what he himself was caught up in. Pretty sure it ended up making him a millionaire and he got clean and sober and preaches that lifestyle too. Not sure if this was a joke but you guys really trying to come at a dude that's done far more good than whatever bad you can scrape up. He's the boss. Been the boss. Gonna still be the boss.
[close]

jacking bruce springsteen for his nickname

ha.

If that were then Reynolds would only be guilty of the crime if giving himself a nickname lol. That's far worse than any of the other accusations. 😂

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #670 on: June 09, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
Isn’t Hakeem on the crailtap brand created for the urban/non white skaters that is so wonderfully called Chocolate

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #671 on: June 09, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »
Yikes, don't wanna go near that one.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #672 on: June 09, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »
Kicking someone off because they rap but you use rap in your videos is a pretty dumb argument though.

a) you’d have to prove that the boss kicked him off solely for this reason
b) even if that were true it could have been cooking or knitting or anything that was taking up his time, in Cyril’s case it just happened to be rapping
c) no one would ever say, “hey hey guys we’ve used wu-tang in our videos before so it’s okay if Jereme raps right?”

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #673 on: June 09, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
Kicking someone off because they rap but you use rap in your videos is a pretty dumb argument though.

a) you’d have to prove that the boss kicked him off solely for this reason
b) even if that were true it could have been cooking or knitting or anything that was taking up his time, in Cyril’s case it just happened to be rapping
c) no one would ever say, “hey hey guys we’ve used wu-tang in our videos before so it’s okay if Jereme raps right?”

Cyril’s reasoning is very sketchy, but there does seem to be something that resonates with many black skaters about there about what he said.   He released that note as a way to promote his video part, but it’d be nice if he did an interview with Jenkem or someone to cover the same topics to provide grounding, context, push back, or elaboration.   Cyril was definitely an “of his moment skater” that isn’t marketable today, hence why Baker and DC dropped him and no one picked him up.   Cyril, Dee, Furby, and Moose were mid-10s skaters who were talented, but nothing much beyond that, like so many of the salad grinder hand rail chompers of the mid-00s who no one hears of any more.   I didn’t particularly like Baker 4 and also thought Cyril’s part was average for what out man there today.  Even the worst player in the NBA is probably in the top 200 in the world

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #674 on: June 09, 2020, 03:41:23 PM »
Isn’t Hakeem on the crailtap brand created for the urban/non white skaters that is so wonderfully called Chocolate
I thought you go to Chocolate if you’re black or Hispanic but it was going to be called Sister remember.

midtownatl

• Rep: -10
« Reply #675 on: June 09, 2020, 04:15:44 PM »
Maybe the real Cyril of Baker was the friends we made along the way.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #676 on: June 09, 2020, 04:52:59 PM »
What a bunch of soft Poosey’s… You should all cancel your lives and wash the feet of People of Color and beg for forgiveness. 😂😂😂
Slap is better than Worldstar at least you all understand the word Kook
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

ShutYoMouthFoo

• Rep: -12
« Reply #677 on: June 09, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #678 on: June 09, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »
All of the race baiting insta posts i'm seeing are extremely kooky when you could have done it X years ago when Y racist product was initially released. Maybe some of it is warranted, but this seems like clout chasing via calling everything you see racist.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: June 09, 2020, 05:40:32 PM »
All of the race baiting insta posts i'm seeing are extremely kooky when you could have done it X years ago when Y racist product was initially released. Maybe some of it is warranted, but this seems like clout chasing via calling everything you see racist.

I think, like during Me Too, that skaters feel somewhat protected to speak out on injustices they’ve perceived but have swallowed or held onto for years for fear of being blacklisted or punished.   Right now is a time to bring it up and hopefully that can lead to a reckoning, healing, and an attempt to do better.  I personally don’t think anything racist was intended by the graphics, but intent isn’t the point.  Skaters do often get marketed off the easiest thing to pick - drinker, smoker, orange hair, funny last name, skin color, being fat(relative), perhaps because it’s tough to come up with that many unique graphics a season/year. 

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #680 on: June 09, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Uhhhhhhhhhhh what's wrong with the Nazi getting stomped by a Sk8-high?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #681 on: June 09, 2020, 06:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Uhhhhhhhhhhh what's wrong with the Nazi getting stomped by a Sk8-high?

Mike and Rick must be cringing right about now
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #682 on: June 09, 2020, 06:57:26 PM »
It is not like OG Girl wasn't diverse as hell at the time Chocolate was created. Sheffey, Jeron, and Jovantae with Koston and Gavin both having asian heritage. So, it is not like they were trying to isolate the brands like that.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #683 on: June 09, 2020, 07:41:50 PM »
I think the main point of that Hakeem post is that skateboarding, like America, pretends to be more openminded, accepting, and intelligent than it actually is. If you genuinely think you're better than someone who rides a scooter, you're fucking stupid. Jokes are jokes, but we're all still playing with toys into our twenties and thirties. And Baker has always been about pushing dumb shit onto kids, like fighting, drugs and jail, regardless of Reynolds pretending to care now. These influences will have a very different effect on the lives of black and brown kids actually stuck in the hood as opposed to white suburban kids who can leave it all behind because it's not actually part of their regular environment. I think scooters are lame and Ive had plenty of Baker boards, but let's not kid ourselves here.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #684 on: June 09, 2020, 07:59:41 PM »
I think the main point of that Hakeem post is that skateboarding, like America, pretends to be more openminded, accepting, and intelligent than it actually is. If you genuinely think you're better than someone who rides a scooter, you're fucking stupid. Jokes are jokes, but we're all still playing with toys into our twenties and thirties. And Baker has always been about pushing dumb shit onto kids, like fighting, drugs and jail, regardless of Reynolds pretending to care now. These influences will have a very different effect on the lives of black and brown kids actually stuck in the hood as opposed to white suburban kids who can leave it all behind because it's not actually part of their regular environment. I think scooters are lame and Ive had plenty of Baker boards, but let's not kid ourselves here.

this^

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #685 on: June 09, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #686 on: June 09, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »
Great so we have yet another fucking thread derailing account, can we ban this fuck like we did Cheetah? Every fucking thread is gonna turn into them bitching at everyone.

+1

That hakeem post had about 10 holes in it. Keelen you're a Nonce, you cannot speak on anyones morals for the rest of your life, period. And don't you have to have a sponsor other than yourself to riddle your social media with "Pro Skateboarder"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 11:02:19 PM by figureitout »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #687 on: June 09, 2020, 10:32:21 PM »

C’mon now, we are better than scooter people, right? 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Voice of the Minotaur

• Rep: 3
« Reply #688 on: June 09, 2020, 10:41:38 PM »
Hakeem is gonna be PISSED when he finds out about those old World Industries Jovontae Turner boards.

Expand Quote
Great so we have yet another fucking thread derailing account, can we ban this fuck like we did Cheetah? Every fucking thread is gonna turn into them bitching at everyone.
[close]

+1

That hakeem post had about 50 holes in it. Keelen you're a Nonce, you cannot speak on anyones morals for the rest of your life, period. And don't you have to have a sponsor other than yourself to riddle your social media with "Pro Skateboarder"

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: June 09, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »

This is 100% true and nowhere near what Hakeem was trying to highlight so no kudos to him for that whack ass post and all the kudos to you for turning bullshit into brilliance.