Author Topic: Cyril Jackson Of Baker  (Read 78972 times)

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Cyril Jackson Of Baker
« Reply #690 on: June 10, 2020, 01:58:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I think the main point of that Hakeem post is that skateboarding, like America, pretends to be more openminded, accepting, and intelligent than it actually is. If you genuinely think you're better than someone who rides a scooter, you're fucking stupid. Jokes are jokes, but we're all still playing with toys into our twenties and thirties. And Baker has always been about pushing dumb shit onto kids, like fighting, drugs and jail, regardless of Reynolds pretending to care now. These influences will have a very different effect on the lives of black and brown kids actually stuck in the hood as opposed to white suburban kids who can leave it all behind because it's not actually part of their regular environment. I think scooters are lame and Ive had plenty of Baker boards, but let's not kid ourselves here.
[close]

C’mon now, we are better than scooter people, right?

Like I said I hate scooters abd scooter kids at eh park as much as the next guy. But that's on me for being at the park in the first place.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #691 on: June 10, 2020, 04:03:15 AM »
uhh I think 100% of people would agree the guy skating through traffic is a badass where the guy scootering through traffic is mentally handicapped

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
« Reply #692 on: August 23, 2020, 08:37:36 PM »
Watching Cyril’s stories and pretty sure he’s either homie flow or about to get on skate mafia

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #693 on: August 23, 2020, 08:46:32 PM »
Watching Cyril’s stories and pretty sure he’s either homie flow or about to get on skate mafia

Would that mean he’d need to move to SD from LB since the Sk8Mafia crew are all tight and all live down there.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
« Reply #694 on: August 23, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would that mean he’d need to move to SD from LB since the Sk8Mafia crew are all tight and all live down there.

I read their code of employee conduct book at a trade show last year. There’s an asterisk next to the employment section 1.4B, stating, “The crew is all tight and live in SD. Each rider is permitted 30 days of unplanned travel outside of San Diego county (per calendar year) and 80 days of business travel. *Would make exceptions for certain skateboarders under condition(s) of: 1. shredding 2. Being tight with the homies 3. Rolling blunts for the homie(s) 4. Being cool and needing a new sponsor(s). Restrictions apply.”

I think he falls under #4, not sure though

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #695 on: August 23, 2020, 09:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I read their code of employee conduct book at a trade show last year. There’s an asterisk next to the employment section 1.4B, stating, “The crew is all tight and live in SD. Each rider is permitted 30 days of unplanned travel outside of San Diego county (per calendar year) and 80 days of business travel. *Would make exceptions for certain skateboarders under condition(s) of: 1. shredding 2. Being tight with the homies 3. Rolling blunts for the homie(s) 4. Being cool and needing a new sponsor(s). Restrictions apply.”

I was in SF for
The weekend and the sk8mafia van with Cyril in it beeped at us and said what up when we were leaving emb. He also was at wallenberg this morning .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #696 on: August 24, 2020, 08:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was in SF for
The weekend and the sk8mafia van with Cyril in it beeped at us and said what up when we were leaving emb. He also was at wallenberg this morning .

This is not “be outside” weather in California, let alone “eat donuts outside” weather.   There is nothing less appetizing in oppressive 90+ degree heat than a glazed donut.  Sorry to be controversial

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #697 on: August 24, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »
I wish Shuriken got on SkateMafia. It's one of those things that makes perfect sense but never happened.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #698 on: August 24, 2020, 10:38:07 AM »
I wish Shuriken got on SkateMafia. It's one of those things that makes perfect sense but never happened.
right, shuriken over cj any fucking day

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #699 on: August 24, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
right, shuriken over cj any fucking day

doesn't have to be either/or, it can (and should) be both/and.

he fits way better on here than baker.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #700 on: August 24, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »
SK8Mafia seems like a fine home for Cyril. He already skates a lot with his DC team member Wes Kremer. I hope this is going to happen. Cyril rips hard enough to still have a pro board out

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #701 on: August 24, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »
So what happened with him? I follow him and he skates for some weird brand. When/why he leave SC? He deserves better

contract

• Rep: -2
« Reply #702 on: August 24, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »
Shuriken rides for the Whiskey Project which is street brand of Arbor skateboards. I remember seeing something that said Andrew Cannon the SC TM wanted to turn the team around and push the younger guys like Blake Johnson at the time and they let Shrunken go. I used to see him at Kimball in San Diego a lot a couple years ago.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #703 on: August 24, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »
He already skates a lot with his DC team member Wes Kremer.

former* DC team member

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #704 on: August 24, 2020, 01:46:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member

Reynolds booted him off DC, too?!

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #705 on: August 24, 2020, 01:54:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member

Dang what a cold shoulder, I thought DC still had love for Cyril.

This is why professional skateboarding is such a crap shoot. It's not based on merit or even skating abilities at all. Its based on marketability and persona. Someone like KB can never skate and get hooked up for life.

But if you work your ass off and skate like Cyril...your sponsors drop you because of the bottom line and your left skating your legs off trying to find another sponsor.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #706 on: August 24, 2020, 02:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

This is why professional skateboarding is such a crap shoot. It's not based on merit or even skating abilities at all. Its based on marketability and persona. Someone like KB can never skate and get hooked up for life.

But if you work your ass off and skate like Cyril...your sponsors drop you because of the bottom line and your left skating your legs off trying to find another sponsor.

bc we wanna watch KB skate and nobody is asking for a Cyril part. There's plenty of "hard working" pros out there that nobody cared about. You also have Jerry & Heath who worked their asses off for their parts and we like watching them. The game is the game.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #707 on: August 24, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

bc we wanna watch KB skate and nobody is asking for a Cyril part. There's plenty of "hard working" pros out there that nobody cared about. You also have Jerry & Heath who worked their asses off for their parts and we like watching them. The game is the game.

Maybe than I'm standing alone on this. But I am asking for a Cyril part. The dude still rips

ballintoohard

« Reply #708 on: August 24, 2020, 02:36:05 PM »
I'll watch him if he uses normal grip tape and gets some style.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #709 on: August 24, 2020, 02:37:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

I actually don’t care who drops full parts ...I prefer composition style videos and it’s just rough to just single out any skater ...tbh most skaters I see On IG aren’t wearing dc shoes in general...so tons of speculation on why dc drops or keeps people.

I agree on the game aspect ...it’s just not impressive to be good a skating anymore, you have to be super exceptional and get social media buzzes .  It’s really the same with any form of entertainment nowadays

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #710 on: August 24, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

all of professional skateboarding is marketing.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #711 on: August 24, 2020, 02:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

KB's footage even if limited is always memorable. I probably remember his 10 or so tricks in Blessed more than anything else in that video except Tyshawn. Rowan and Vincent also had good footage.

I will say though, I bet a lot more people want to see Cyril footage than Zach Allen, yet Zach kept his spot on Baker.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #712 on: August 24, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

[close]
KB's footage even if limited is always memorable. I probably remember his 10 or so tricks in Blessed more than anything else in that video except Tyshawn. Rowan and Vincent also had good footage.

I will say though, I bet a lot more people want to see Cyril footage than Zach Allen, yet Zach kept his spot on Baker.
[/quote]

all of professional skateboarding is marketing.
[/quote]

My friends we have a paradox here. All of professional skateboarding is marketing according to one poster, yet Zach Allen retains his spot on Emerica and Baker...while Cyril is thrown out to pasture at DC and Baker

I guarantee if we hold a poll, more skaters would rather see Cyril footage than Mr. Allen's. How is it that skateboarding is all marketing, yet Zach Allen is still a pro and Cyrill is grasping at company's to become pro again?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #713 on: August 24, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe than I'm standing alone on this. But I am asking for a Cyril part. The dude still rips

fully support you backing CJ. for me I just have no desire to see him skate. not saying he's a scrub or anything like that, he just doesn't do it for me. that's dope you'd watch his part and spend money on his product.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #714 on: August 24, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

[close]

We got one like, three months ago and no one gave a fuck a week later.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #715 on: August 24, 2020, 03:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

former* DC team member
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
We got one like, three months ago and no one gave a fuck a week later.

You may be right, but it seems like Sk8mafia may be trying to get him on the path to get a board. I hope so at least.

And yes we got a part, and I loved it. Which is why I'm typing about it....now

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #716 on: August 24, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »
SK8Mafia seems like a fine home for Cyril. He already skates a lot with his DC team member Wes Kremer. I hope this is going to happen. Cyril rips hard enough to still have a pro board out

Also that Alexis fella. I doubt Cj will find another shoe home, especially without black griptape, i'm sorry.

This all seems set in stone, prolly a trial trip but he would really have to blow it to blow it. Nice fit for CJ, i wish the mafia the best from a far.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #717 on: August 24, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I doubt Cj will find another shoe home, especially without black griptape, i'm sorry.

If he becomes a San Diegan, I can see him getting on Straye. Or at least pro-flow from Straye.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #718 on: August 24, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also that Alexis fella. I doubt Cj will find another shoe home, especially without black griptape, i'm sorry.

This all seems set in stone, prolly a trial trip but he would really have to blow it to blow it. Nice fit for CJ, i wish the mafia the best from a far.

I'm starting to believe grip tape choice can make or break a career

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #719 on: August 24, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »

My friends we have a paradox here. All of professional skateboarding is marketing according to one poster, yet Zach Allen retains his spot on Emerica and Baker...while Cyril is thrown out to pasture at DC and Baker

I guarantee if we hold a poll, more skaters would rather see Cyril footage than Mr. Allen's. How is it that skateboarding is all marketing, yet Zach Allen is still a pro and Cyrill is grasping at company's to become pro again?

Dude you're really misinformed.

Zach Allen was booted off emerica and is not pro.