Author Topic: R.I.P Supra  (Read 544733 times)

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
Re: R.I.P Supra
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2020, 11:26:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope Penny will be ok. I cant see him getting a paying shoe sponsor or getting a real job either...
[close]

could be, but I suspect he could make a modest amount with his feet in whatever he chooses, from swishy tennies to a pair of hollowed out ornamental pumpkins.
[close]

I could see Penny on Adidas

I want to see Penny skating all brown eS again

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Amazing how Supra went from possibly the most stacked shoe team to now two dudes who are even close to the pulse of current style and trends.

I had a bunch of Supras back from 2008-2015ish. The Stacks, Skylows 2 and 3, Vaider Highs, Vaider lows, Cubas. Just made myself sad
[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

clint walker, dee, neen, lizard king, greco, penny, muska
not remarkable skaters or washed out legends doing nothing

daley is fine, spenny is good but he does the same stuff over and over
oscar landed somewhere nice, he was probably the only interesting skater on this team
You're joking right?

Twuan, Greco, TK, Ellington, Dadd, Stevie, Spencer, Oscar, Penny (not a big fan but he's a legend), Muska, Neen, then other guys like Boo, Romar, Pat Rumney was alright, Sascha, Dan Vaughn before he started dressing super trendy. The only 2 that I hated was Furby and Tucker. You're thinking of later years Supra but 2008-2013 was their peak. Go back and watch their tour videos from that time, you'll change your mind

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2020, 01:23:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing how Supra went from possibly the most stacked shoe team to now two dudes who are even close to the pulse of current style and trends.

I had a bunch of Supras back from 2008-2015ish. The Stacks, Skylows 2 and 3, Vaider Highs, Vaider lows, Cubas. Just made myself sad
[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

oscar landed somewhere nice, he was probably the only interesting skater on this team
[close]
You're joking right?

Twuan, Greco, TK, Ellington, Dadd, Stevie, Spencer, Oscar, Penny (not a big fan but he's a legend), Muska, Neen, then other guys like Boo, Romar, Pat Rumney was alright, Sascha, Dan Vaughn before he started dressing super trendy. The only 2 that I hated was Furby and Tucker. You're thinking of later years Supra but 2008-2013 was their peak. Go back and watch their tour videos from that time, you'll change your mind

if you list every rider since the beginning of Supra, it's a different topic
the last version of the team was a shadow of its former self

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2020, 07:45:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

[close]
You're joking right?

[close]

Ok I was wrong that Twaun was still on at it's peak, but otherwise the team was still insanely stacked. Yeah by the time Clint, and Dee got on it was just a shell but this era team was prime.

fastlane

• Rep: -5
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2020, 09:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Really loved the glory days of Krew, when Supra began it was the end of that.

One thing about Supra i never liked, and why i don't think they have cemented
much of a legacy in skateboarding, is that they never attempted a video of any sort,
it made their whole existence seem a little vague as to weather they were a skate brand
or not.
[close]

they've done six tour vids at least, plus 'oscar and friends' which i guess would be classified as a promo.

not saying any of those are particularly remarkable, but i don't think supra being a 'real' skate brand was really in question

Eh your right, but i sorta meant something ambitious, like a Menikmati, Fully Flared, Propeller..Supra are in a pretty small minority of shoe brands that doesn't have a full length.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2020, 09:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

[close]
You're joking right?

[close]

[close]
Ok I was wrong that Twaun was still on at it's peak, but otherwise the team was still insanely stacked. Yeah by the time Clint, and Dee got on it was just a shell but this era team was prime.

Holy shit I totally forgot Mumford was on for a while. Slave and Supra - crazy.

I’m bummed about this somewhat. I usually like their team and at least a few of their shoes. I loved the first Double E reissue and all of its colors, as well as Ellington’s later basketball shoe inspired designs. The Estaban was super weird but at least it was different. Penny’s most recent models looked great. I regret never getting the Hammer, the Skytop 3, Greco’s dress shoe (especially in gold - so fucking gross that I love it), or the Elevate.

They sometimes went way out there but they were never afraid to do so.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

[close]
You're joking right?

[close]

[close]
Help me out please. Who's between Tk and Ellington?

Also it's nuts that fancy press photo now only exists in thumbnail format
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sleezus Yikes

• Rep: 67
« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2020, 10:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

[close]
You're joking right?

[close]

[close]
[close]

Matt Mumford
there is the soul of Andrew Reynolds in every emerica shoe. you just have to pull on the right shoe lace and hold your ear into it. you can hear his voice saying "thank you cowboy! lets go for a ride!" just try it.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

most stacked shoe team ?
no, not really

[close]
You're joking right?

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Matt Mumford

03/04 eS squad is slaying any and all shoe teams for eternity with ease.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2020, 01:36:47 AM »
The only person who wore supra I care about is joseph delgado

Trilogy

• Rep: -301
« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2020, 02:57:01 PM »
Bryan Herman part is GREAT!

Reynolds part is CLASSIC!

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #312 on: October 13, 2020, 07:30:47 PM »
Well the site is officially dead

www.suprafootwear.com
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #313 on: October 13, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: October 13, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »
Glad I snatched a pair of Hammer Runs last year, shoe is super comfy.

When do you think they'll come back 2031 with the usual trend of things becoming "vintage" 20 years after their peak?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2020, 05:56:08 AM »
2011-14 I worked for Supra back when supra was relevant enough to have 2 stores in ny. I just remembered the TK lawsuit. They were producing and selling his horrendous thigh-high pro model (someone post a pic of them shits they were 6 inches taller than skytops) for 2 years after he quit. I remember hearing from one of the corporate higher ups that he got around 2 mil, and figured they were downplaying that number.

So I say all that to say what the hell did TK do with all that thigh-high velcro shoe money

Free max b
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:08:55 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2020, 06:11:43 AM »
My question is what's mu$ka gunna do with out skytop revenue

Glad I have 3 pairs of 1s
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2020, 06:18:57 AM »
never forget

Supra 2010 Spring Collection TK Society | HYPEBEAST

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #318 on: October 14, 2020, 06:39:48 AM »
never forget

HAHA, I used to get samples from the Agents and I had 3 pairs of these in various colors and still have a pair of Purple/Grey with the TK logo on the back. They're mad comfy for sure.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #319 on: October 14, 2020, 06:42:52 AM »

If I remember correctly Mu$ka somehow owns the Skytop Trademark. This was why he was able to make shoes with that other brand with the prior Supra owner (Angel?) and also rep Straye for a while.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #320 on: October 14, 2020, 09:04:54 AM »

I don't think it'll happen, but Don Brown + the eS Instagram were liking a bunch of comments on Muska's recent Shorty's posts saying they should reissue his first shoe.

Again, I don't think it'll happen but I'd love it - those + his first Circa were some of my favorites back in the day.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #321 on: October 14, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
2011-14 I worked for Supra managing their NYC stores, back when supra was relevant enough to have 2 stores in ny. I just remembered the TK lawsuit. They were producing and selling his horrendous thigh-high pro model (someone post a pic of them shits they were 6 inches taller than skytops) for 2 years after he quit. I remember hearing from one of the corporate higher ups that he got around 2 mil, and figured they were downplaying that number.

So I say all that to say what the hell did TK do with all that thigh-high velcro shoe money

Free max b

Maybe the chain is real...?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »
never forget

I would like to wear these with leggings and a headband.

Also... so I never saw these ever worn in public in the USA, but when I was in NZ, the clubber / raver types wore Skytops as part of their uniform. Also wore DC hats and Independent trucks shirts and told me that "skaters are fags, bro". Confused for the rest of my life on that one

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2287
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »

Richest Native American on earth.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2020, 12:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Richest Native American on earth.
What if TK was a native elder and was actually receiving tribal casino $?  My native friends that have tribal casinos in their tribe get pretty heavy quarterly checks and they are not elders in the tribe.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
2011-14 I worked for Supra managing their NYC stores, back when supra was relevant enough to have 2 stores in ny. I just remembered the TK lawsuit. They were producing and selling his horrendous thigh-high pro model (someone post a pic of them shits they were 6 inches taller than skytops) for 2 years after he quit. I remember hearing from one of the corporate higher ups that he got around 2 mil, and figured they were downplaying that number.

Free max b
I have 2 questions, obviously you had to wear supras at work and of course they promo’d them to you.  Was there ever a shoe you could never get yourself to lace/zelcro out of the box?  Did you have a promo budget to at least be able to sleep at night after wearing supras 40 hours a week?  Not a diss, serious questions.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't think it'll happen, but Don Brown + the eS Instagram were liking a bunch of comments on Muska's recent Shorty's posts saying they should reissue his first shoe.

Again, I don't think it'll happen but I'd love it - those + his first Circa were some of my favorites back in the day.

Didn't Kelly say they lost the molds for the Muska,Creager and other classics? I recall that being mentioned on a podcast within the last year...

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
Supra bought Muska and Penny out to Australia a couple of years ago so they're all good in my books
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
I have 2 questions, obviously you had to wear supras at work and of course they promo’d them to you.  Was there ever a shoe you could never get yourself to lace/zelcro out of the box?  Did you have a promo budget to at least be able to sleep at night after wearing supras 40 hours a week?  Not a diss, serious questions.
Fair question. Google supra Cuba or Cuban. Use to just wear them shits in black and white. I kept them at the store though and would just switch out of whatever airmaxs I had found at Atlantis when I got there.

They did “make me” take a pair of skytops for some event once, but I didn’t wear them and nobody mentioned it. Apparently supra was huge in South America, tourists from there kept those stores open years longer than they should have existed.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2020, 08:31:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
[close]
Fair question. Google supra Cuba or Cuban. Use to just wear them shits in black and white. I kept them at the store though and would just switch out of whatever airmaxs I had found at Atlantis when I got there.

They did “make me” take a pair of skytops for some event once, but I didn’t wear them and nobody mentioned it. Apparently supra was huge in South America, tourists from there kept those stores open years longer than they should have existed.

Free max b
I worked for a certain shoe company out of San Diego that will remain nameless for saving what’s left of my dignity.  I put my wife through nursing school peddling their garbage and it hurt my soul so much wearing their shoes.  I slept at night only because I was able to flow 20’pairs of shoes a month to rippers that needed kicks. 

Respect