Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57191 times)

Ocelot

Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2019, 05:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote
I've been watching videos since 1985 when I started skating...feel like I've seen a lot...how anyone can find this anything other than unwatchable is beyond me...it's distracting and terrible...first video ever than I can remember that I quit and have no intention of trying to finish. I made it through the first song. Don't even care what I miss...what a fucking mess... dude needs to be making Abercrombie commercials and quit fucking up good skating
[close]

Agreed. Curb Dogs is a much better watch than this.

R.I.P. Dave Vanderspek #blessup
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

the canadian suit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
There's so much to unravel from that ridiculous curb cut ollie to hill bomb clip at the end (24:10)
1) This is the same dude/spot from early, sans backpack?
2) How did he not get wiped out by that lady's cart?
3) What does that man in the hoodie try to hit him with?
4) Why doesn't that cop arrest that man for trying to assault this dude, absolutely flying down the street?
5) Is that Chris Witaske, the actor, at the end saying "Crazy"?

Too much for one clip.

Video was great, music was great, Bill's filming is becoming a parody of itself but who cares. Best use of 30 minutes from my day.

Def same dude and spot with no foot drag. Infathomable how he held on after the ladies cart, the dude swinging at him, and the giant crowd of people. Psycho shit. Amazing
p-shuvs and v-flips

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »
Where are all the Suski grind haters at??? That shit was dope Suski grind backside flip at the Pyramid Ledge bitch.  :o
Skating and Baitin

cuckflip

« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2019, 06:12:53 PM »
The whole team is looking crusty as hell and SF looks like a shithole, half of the people tech workers and the other half homeless and drug addicts.
That’s what’s so funny about a supreme store opening in SF and having these shots of homeless people in the video.

The gap between rich/homeless is just so depressingly bad, but there i think it’s unintentionally hilarious about using significantly more shots of homeless people in this video as compared to Bill’s other videos.

The fact that these videos are all ultimately supported by an investment firm who’s putting a luxury brand location in a notoriously shitty neighborhood doesn’t make them any better than shitty real estate developers or the run of the mill tech bro/ startup.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2019, 06:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've been watching videos since 1985 when I started skating...feel like I've seen a lot...how anyone can find this anything other than unwatchable is beyond me...it's distracting and terrible...first video ever than I can remember that I quit and have no intention of trying to finish. I made it through the first song. Don't even care what I miss...what a fucking mess... dude needs to be making Abercrombie commercials and quit fucking up good skating
[close]

Agreed. Curb Dogs is a much better watch than this.
[close]

R.I.P. Dave Vanderspek #blessup

Auto erotic asphyxiation is a hell of a thing.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »
I’m just glad there’s new footage of Dill being a weirdly personal dick about another weird subculture. Wouldn’t be a Supreme video without it.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »
Watching now. Non baby Kader has sick style.  TJ switch ollie up the stairs in what looked like an improvised line caught me off guard. Sean Pablos trick on pyramid ledge was his “one trick that got away” on his Bunt episode so good for him.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2019, 07:12:48 PM »
Liked the skating but the zoom and lifestyle shots are a bit much.

Shout out to TJ for the switch mongo

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2019, 07:16:02 PM »
This shit is so tight, strobeck gave us two giant Embarcadero parts within the past two years with great music, just get over the zoom, he already fucked up the game, look at the 917 video (wished Vincent was in this?)

Shoutout sage cause he’s always sick

Jeff Carlyle is proper buck as fuck

And kader jumped down some big shit you can’t see on your phone with style
vincent was in this. Back noseblunt after the kb clip closer to the beginning and random cameo smoking

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2019, 07:22:50 PM »
The video was fucking good. Skating, music, the overall ‘vibe.’ We get it, you all hate the filming and you always will as long as strobeck films it. Just accept that it’ll never be what it was years ago and appreciate what you can and move on because at the end of the day, what are we doing? Sitting on slap bitching about shit none of us can/will change.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »
Hella pop

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2019, 07:51:54 PM »
I totally agree on the fuckery of filming strangers, homeless people, etc. Like all that shit is so corny at this point. We have people like Elissa Steamer who's in the video coming out and talking about substance dependency, we have conversations about mental health in skating and we have more women and people who are gay in skating than ever before but then we have this video that puts people going through the same things in a pointing and laughing frame.

Maybe there's supposed to be some connection that skaters are counter culture outsider type people. I mean, if I didn't skate and just saw a bunch of dudes in hoodies hanging out at parks on their boards drinking beer and smoking I'd probably think they're just homeless or whatever and pay it no mind. I get that there's a connection, but as a lot of people are saying Supreme ain't representing that. It represents gentrification and rich fuckers who didn't sacrifice much to go pro and get a check. The dudes that just live and skate there and get no cash deserve anything they get from these guys.

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
that chick has a mean back heel

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2019, 07:57:34 PM »
Just imagine landing a gnarly trick filmed by Bill, asking to check the footage and see this:

Irvine-Sucks.com

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2019, 08:23:00 PM »
I really like this one. The zoom thing was terrible at the beginning but got much better after the first few minutes. I think the GX guys saved it there but whatever. The skating was excellent throughout, pretty much every trick was worth watching.

Sage's noseblunt.

Tyshawn's 360 flip over the trashcans (!)

Kader's fs flip sideways down the stairs

Nik Stain

Sean Greene

Filming homeless or addicted people in distress should stop, but the shot of the girl's hair blowing in the breeze towards the end was beautiful and worked really well there for me. I think if the shots respects the person filmed it's okay to put them in - mostly they don't though.

Is smoking weed eventually going to become less of a cool thing to film yourself doing now that it's legal in many places?

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
Welcome to slap message board

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2019, 08:46:05 PM »
Kader didn't ride a single Baker board while filming these clips. I don't know why that bugs me, and I feel kinda bad for The Boss...He's putting all of chips on this kid. If Kader leaves after Baker 4 are they done?

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2019, 08:47:18 PM »
This really hard to watch, but there were some crazy clips. Jeff has been on fire for years, but maybe the Supreme clips will finally validate his spot to all these fucking delusional TMs. PABLO FOREVER
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 08:49:19 PM by shit4breakfast »

conqueso

« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
Kader didn't ride a single Baker board while filming these clips. I don't know why that bugs me, and I feel kinda bad for The Boss...He's putting all of chips on this kid. If Kader leaves after Baker 4 are they done?

karma baby
#forcetheboss

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »
Watched it again. This video actually makes me angry, which is crazy. So much amazing skating gone to waste on absolutely dogshit filming.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Lol at this cut

[close]

ha, good eyes
Hilarious. There’s always a ton of these in his videos and it’s funny to see the types of things he thinks are worth it to include with roll up cuts like a random girl walking by or something. He always tries to sync them up and they’re always easy to notice haha.
Regardless, this video was so rad.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:42:03 PM by Pappy Jones »

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -29
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2019, 09:37:01 PM »
My homie tried to defend the filming. I just didn't even bother arguing with him.
He'll have to go through life knowing deep down inside it sucks ass.

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -29
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »
Watched it again. This video actually makes me angry, which is crazy. So much amazing skating gone to waste on absolutely dogshit filming.

Is your screen name based off of the song or female wrestler from the 80's??

Also I agree, that filming was kinda rage inducing.

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
There's so much to unravel from that ridiculous curb cut ollie to hill bomb clip at the end (24:10)
1) This is the same dude/spot from early, sans backpack?
2) How did he not get wiped out by that lady's cart?
3) What does that man in the hoodie try to hit him with?
4) Why doesn't that cop arrest that man for trying to assault this dude, absolutely flying down the street?
5) Is that Chris Witaske, the actor, at the end saying "Crazy"?
6) Did he even clear it?
[close]
7) Does it matter if he didn't?

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »
hate to say it but something felt off about the whole thing and left me a bit disappointed. to be fair though, i wasn’t fully sold on blessed
upon release either, but i’ll need to rewatch

it felt a bit half-baked with no real aesthetic or cohesive vision in my opinion, not even the biggest fan of the title

even from the opening clip, the color palette looks gross and the opening montage almost felt like a satire on Strobeck’s already outrageous filming

the edit was fine i guess but there was definitely a lot more questionable choices taken in this one. I understand some of the avant grade risks he takes, but a number of them just felt flat or like an early edit before the final cut. and i do agree that the NY footage disrupts flow..

besides that, the skating was great as well as some of the music choices. a number of my favorites right now

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2019, 11:25:17 PM »
kader bein bullied by donta, then justin henry and now tyshawn.

who's the better big bro figure

morningcommute

« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2019, 12:26:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lol at this cut

[close]

ha, good eyes
[close]
Hilarious. There’s always a ton of these in his videos and it’s funny to see the types of things he thinks are worth it to include with roll up cuts like a random girl walking by or something. He always tries to sync them up and they’re always easy to notice haha.
Regardless, this video was so rad.

Yeah rad video but there were so many of these shitty cuts throughout the video. Such a sloppy and uninspired way to edit the footage

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2019, 12:45:18 AM »
Just imagine landing a gnarly trick filmed by Bill, asking to check the footage and see this:

no one has the guts to tell him that? i would have been really bummed if i put in so much time and effort into picking a spot, trick and probably re-doing it until it feels right and then seeing something shitty like this. a filmer can fuck up a make on accident and it sucks, but i never saw any filmer trying to fuck up a shot on purpose.  hes forcing his "vision" on the scene making it his own and making the trick itself irrelevant, its like he watermarked all the footage with a giant "FAT BILL" in the middle of the screen so you wont be able to tell whats going on and youll only think about him the whole time.

a 100%.
i usually wouldnt mind and not even bother watching if a video is so so bad, but he just ruined alot of timeless skating. amazing dudes in their prime and all their tricks look like shit because of him.

When We Are Blood came out i felt so bummed for Michael Pullizei because his part was amazing and unwatchable, this video as a whole is as bad if not worse. gave me a headache, too much for my adhd.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:53:10 AM by eranka »