Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57188 times)

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »
Speaking of zooms, have there been any successful attempts at incorporating the Hitchcock dolly zoom effect in skate filming?

Ex.)

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2019, 07:46:53 PM »
Sorry for interjecting one more criticism about the filming, but after getting my Thrasher in the mail today and seeing this photo, I got even more mad at Bill's filming. Think how epic of a shot it would be zoomed out at first showing all these bystanders watching with the security guard giving him one last try. Instead he does his same old shitty filming and doesn't capture the bigger picture. Whatever, rad trick from Kader with so much pressure and short ride up.

Irvine-Sucks.com

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
Id feel weird wearing all that supreme stuff.  Just put a supreme sticker on ur shirt and pants dudes and call it a day.  I couldnt watch this one very far.  Is Kevin Bradley in it? 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2019, 08:07:19 PM »
Sorry for interjecting one more criticism about the filming, but after getting my Thrasher in the mail today and seeing this photo, I got even more mad at Bill's filming. Think how epic of a shot it would be zoomed out at first showing all these bystanders watching with the security guard giving him one last try. Instead he does his same old shitty filming and doesn't capture the bigger picture. Whatever, rad trick from Kader with so much pressure and short ride up.

Would of been sick if he ollied the set before it then hit the rail
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »

Let it out brother, this is a safe space.

I think we’re entitled to a period of mourning that a lot of footage from some of the best skaters in the world is ruined by the ridiculous filming.

It’s almost like Bill’s making it more about himself and his little trademark flourishes and his Diane Arbus-lite horseshit than documenting the actual skating.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »
My lord did he fuck that clip up. Even the 2nd angle looks bad when you see that photo. UGH.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2019, 08:49:28 PM »

this shit is almost unwatchable.  what the fuck is this filming in the first 10 minutes
where is home?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:08 PM »
i'll double post to talk shit.

can you imagine if any of the great parts we all collectively cherish were filmed all fucked up like this?  arto in sorry, Hsu bag of suck, any heath, cardiel sight unseen, BA in yeah right, reynolds in stay gold, daewon in skate more.

fuck this bullshit trend what a waste.  this shit is going to look so fucking dated in 10 years. 
where is home?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »
Holy shit. That is a huge rail. That was completely lost in the video.

Kader should punch that dude in the gunt.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »
I think there was some good skating in there but it was very hard to tell.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »

Fuck man,it hurts my feelings,like we were cheated

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck man,it hurts my feelings,like we were cheated

That's a great photo, though.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »
The filming reminded me of my dad filming my peewee hockey games where he would forget he was filming and would start having conversations with the other dads and he’d just be pointing the camera wherever the fuck

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
I'm definitely going to buy a $200 supreme t after watching this.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2019, 10:04:26 PM »
fat bill on spitfire?

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:55 PM »
Would love to see another angle of Kader's noseslide round the bend and crook. I wonder if everyone in that scene is drinking Bill's koolaid.

Also don't know if its been mentioned but I loved Manchild in this - those first lines made me think Carrol's style was rubbing off on him.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »
It was at least easier to watch on my phone. It was tough watching on my TV in my living room.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

doritoes.com

• Rep: -13
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2019, 10:51:36 PM »
I do not smoke myself, and I don't have an issue with those that do...but I do wonder if the guys in these videos have any apprehension about having it filmed? Like, do they have convo on the side about "well, who's gonna be the one Bill gets this time?"
Those clips feel like Bill trying to show the guys who used to bully him that he's actually "cool"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2019, 10:56:45 PM »
I don’t usually care about anything the ginger kid does but that half cab manual shit was pretty wavy
  I didn't watch this but that dude has sick manuals, always.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
[close]

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember
[close]
Nah he clearly laughed and didn't apologize. I hate that shit.
[close]

Uh rewatch then, he was clearly bummed on his actions
[close]

Have you ever seen anyone laugh before ?

Jeez

His facial expression is devoid of any sort of jubilation. He’s  CLEARLY bummed on what he just did.

You’re seriously trying to make a big deal out of thin air.
[close]

Watching it after reading this debate...didn’t seem as rough on the pedestrian as I was anticipating and Nik’d reaction seemed like he was feeling the slam before anything else

That was one of my favorite parts of the video. That chick lives in a major city and needs to get off her phone. If you see someone/ something coming your way, you move. She just sat there waiting for it so I think it's hilarious. She looks like a gentrifying cubical junkie. She didn't get hurt so who cares? It will at least give something to talk about at her weekly cheese tasting with the rich people who live in her condo.   

Backfootnofoot

• Rep: 15
« Reply #320 on: October 26, 2019, 12:07:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
[close]

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember
[close]
Nah he clearly laughed and didn't apologize. I hate that shit.
[close]

Uh rewatch then, he was clearly bummed on his actions
[close]

Have you ever seen anyone laugh before ?

Jeez

His facial expression is devoid of any sort of jubilation. He’s  CLEARLY bummed on what he just did.

You’re seriously trying to make a big deal out of thin air.
[close]

Watching it after reading this debate...didn’t seem as rough on the pedestrian as I was anticipating and Nik’d reaction seemed like he was feeling the slam before anything else
[close]

That was one of my favorite parts of the video. That chick lives in a major city and needs to get off her phone. If you see someone/ something coming your way, you move. She just sat there waiting for it so I think it's hilarious. She looks like a gentrifying cubical junkie. She didn't get hurt so who cares? It will at least give something to talk about at her weekly cheese tasting with the rich people who live in her condo.

Totally. Thank god for all the white skater bois standing up to all those minority gentrifiers. We need to teach those stupid phone using fascists a lesson by slamming our boards straight into their stupid fascist ankles. Also, all phone users are pro-gentrification. I only use the telegram—that’s how anti-gentrification I am. Also, stop masturbating. Masturbation is for fascists. Thank god for Supreme. It’s the last skater-owned co-op brand still around. #nowanks

Backfootnofoot

« Reply #321 on: October 26, 2019, 12:33:16 AM »
I think there was some good skating in there but it was very hard to tell.

Back this...but only if you’re into watching skateboarding. For me, personally, I’m more into thinking artistic thoughts about how the visionary, the auteur, Sir William Strobeck, captures lifestyles while trying to sell us overpriced t-shirts.

Side note: I hope these kids are getting paid out the fucking ass.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
Can somebody post a gif, or give me the timestamp of TJ's switch inward heel? I watched the video at work yesterday, and must have missed it, and I don't want to sit through the whole thing again to catch one trick.

https://youtu.be/Yk1cLKpzHck?t=1373

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2019, 12:45:44 AM »
I was filming like this 20 years ago with my grandparents vhs camcorder. Thats how far ahead of the curve i was.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2019, 12:52:36 AM »

I try not to dwell on the poorly executed zoom ruining clips in this cause I was already expecting it but this one’s a real bummer. Would have been so much better to see a wider shot, especially with all those people watching. The tight zoom is a useful technique sometimes but often we’re missing not only the trick/spot/skater’s style but the story of what’s going on in the environment that can add so much to a video. Whatever. Cool photo

Backfootnofoot

« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2019, 12:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I try not to dwell on the poorly executed zoom ruining clips in this cause I was already expecting it but this one’s a real bummer. Would have been so much better to see a wider shot, especially with all those people watching. The tight zoom is a useful technique sometimes but often we’re missing not only the trick/spot/skater’s style but the story of what’s going on in the environment that can add so much to a video. Whatever. Cool photo

“Yo, Kader! I got the angle but could you give me more braces?”

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2019, 02:44:01 AM »

this
fuck you bill

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2019, 03:23:15 AM »
I was filming like this 20 years ago with my grandparents vhs camcorder. Thats how far ahead of the curve i was.

same except i was 4 years old and didnt know what any of the buttons did

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2019, 03:40:42 AM »
Craziest part is that this kind of filming has actually became trendy. Yuck.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #329 on: October 26, 2019, 05:11:15 AM »