Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4801285 times)

MonsPubis and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #29370 on: October 17, 2021, 07:29:29 PM »
Fortress 8.38, 14.25, 31.88 (AD wood)
Ace 44's flat top washer
Loophole 54 V's
Reds
Allens
Jessup black, MOB clear, TKF white
State Pacifica cups

https://imgur.com/a/4olLU41

For whatever reasons it's not letting me imbed the pics

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #29371 on: October 17, 2021, 10:13:06 PM »

I hit my head pretty hard yesterday for the first time in years. No concussion, but still had to stop skating the board I was on. This shape is great and it skated well today. I’m coming around and starting to like PS Stix boards again

8.25 WKND
fuck you bama

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #29372 on: October 17, 2021, 10:58:40 PM »
This week's sled:

Polar 8.25 x 31.875 LISTED AS 14.125wb ACTUAL: 14.3ish
148 Team Hollow CAUTION Longboardfrankenbushings: 87a Riptide tops, 86a Venom bottoms, bones flat washer. Fucking buttergold.
52mm 101a OJ Elite Ez-Edge
Thunder Bolts
Jessup (which is already fucking peeling up on the top edges wtaf! (scored, cut and sanded)
Vans Wayvee

Dam that looks nice.

What's the thunders like with that deck? I might get myself one.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #29373 on: October 18, 2021, 12:19:29 AM »

I hit my head pretty hard yesterday for the first time in years. No concussion, but still had to stop skating the board I was on. This shape is great and it skated well today. I’m coming around and starting to like PS Stix boards again

8.25 WKND

Man, that looks so nice. You got a side/top view?

Glad you didn’t get a concussion. All that long term  CTE stuff is real scary. Peace.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #29374 on: October 18, 2021, 03:09:57 AM »
Grimple 8.5, 14.25wb
Ace AF1 55
Spitfire F4 Classics 60mm 99d
Bones reds
Random 7/8” hardware

Love it for transition but getting a lot of ghost pop with these big wheels. Don’t want to compromise wheel size, so what should I look for in my next board to deal with the big wheel ghost pop, mellower kicks?

Chems tool on the tail to add .375in, make own wheel wells, and shit can the risers. Kind of have  to roll with a 15-14.75wb though, unless you like short wb.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #29375 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:21 AM »
Continuing my journey of sizes and shapes and tbh it just feels good to skate a fresh BBS deck with steep concave and new grip tape. Decided to go incrementally bigger in size and probably as close as I'll get to a "shaped" board. Super fun setup, digging it, might size up to 159s even.  :o

Welcome Flash Moontrimmer 2.0 32.25x8.6x14.6
Independent Ti 149
Spitfire Formula Four Conical Full 54mm/99d
Indy Phillips 7/8" bolts
Bones Swiss bearings
MOB grip
Emerica Dicksons

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #29376 on: October 18, 2021, 09:40:53 AM »
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

148 Team Hollow CAUTION Longboardfrankenbushings: 87a Riptide tops, 86a Venom bottoms, bones flat washer. Fucking buttergold.
Thunder Bolts
Jessup (which is already fucking peeling up on the top edges wtaf! (scored, cut and sanded)
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

Pre-covid I picked up this shape because it was a 14.125WB, it wasn't and I was bummed. Now that I've realised I need a longer WB this fits the bill nicely. I thought I would be stretching it out too much with thunders but the cast don't push too much and it probably settles in around 14.35" or so, which feels great. Click the buttergold link for the reasoning of the deck/truck combo.

I say go for it. Shape is great. Alos, it's very light feel deck (under foot and in hand).

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #29377 on: October 18, 2021, 09:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Lost this one, left my drink unattended and shit got weird.

TKF 8.5
149s
CFs
Quantums
[close]

Are the dots part of the wood itself or the graphic?
They’re pretty cool

It’s part of the graphic, I liked how it spiced up the wood grain. Reminds me of some blotter paper/snakeskin/Kaleidoscope shit.

Polar Smoking Heads 8.625
Venture 5.8 (eventually swapped to flat washer)
53 CF (eventually swapped to 55 Classics)
misc bearings
Allen hardware

After I lost my last set up I deemed a red ply was appropriate.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #29378 on: October 18, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

Pre-covid I picked up this shape because it was a 14.125WB, it wasn't and I was bummed. Now that I've realised I need a longer WB this fits the bill nicely. I thought I would be stretching it out too much with thunders but the cast don't push too much and it probably settles in around 14.35" or so, which feels great. Click the buttergold link for the reasoning of the deck/truck combo.

I say go for it. Shape is great. Alos, it's very light feel deck (under foot and in hand).

Yo @Xen could you might tell me, what that wheelbase would be with Indy 144 hollow forged?
IG: @flowterspace

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #29379 on: October 18, 2021, 10:42:42 AM »
Expand Quote

8.25 WKND
[close]

Glad you didn’t get a concussion. All that long term  CTE stuff is real scary. Peace.

@Velcro Wallet rhanks fir asking for a top view because it looks like I lost a bolt between wrapping up my session last night and taking these pics. It would’ve driven me crazy today if I didn’t catch that

fuck you bama

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #29380 on: October 18, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »

8.25 WKND
I just got the Gordo street shark graphic in 8.25 and also have a quasi butterfly team graphic in 8.25 and this makes me stoked to set them up.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29381 on: October 18, 2021, 10:50:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

[close]

Yo @Xen could you might tell me, what that wheelbase would be with Indy 144 hollow forged?

Off the top of my head I'd say it would stick right around 14.25ish? Just guessing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:06:39 PM by Xen »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #29382 on: October 18, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Off the top of my head I'd say it would stick right around 8.25ish? Just guessing.

I think you mean 14.25, but yeah I thought so too. Still thanks mate.
IG: @flowterspace

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #29383 on: October 18, 2021, 02:03:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Off the top of my head I'd say it would stick right around 8.25ish? Just guessing.
[close]

Sharing this thread just in case

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108580.0

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29384 on: October 18, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You are correct!

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #29385 on: October 18, 2021, 02:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 WKND
[close]

[close]

@Velcro Wallet rhanks fir asking for a top view because it looks like I lost a bolt between wrapping up my session last night and taking these pics. It would’ve driven me crazy today if I didn’t catch that

Dude, I would have had to drive home to fix it lol couldn’t do it with one missing. Seeing it from the top, I’m gonna look for that exact deck. Yellow tops have served me well. Haven’t had a WKND yet. Thank you kind sir.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #29386 on: October 18, 2021, 03:06:22 PM »
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee

This is perfect. I’m still stuck in my ways and like white/white wheels and those OJ’s look awesome. I’ve gotten used to troff lollie Spitfires but I still prefer crispy whites. With the Thunders too, perfect

Also, those shoes are cranked!!! Too big??

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29387 on: October 18, 2021, 03:17:57 PM »
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

This is perfect. I’m still stuck in my ways and like white/white wheels and those OJ’s look awesome. I’ve gotten used to troff lollie Spitfires but I still prefer crispy whites. With the Thunders too, perfect

Also, those shoes are cranked!!! Too big??

Thanks, man! I’m feeling this setup.

I’m loving these OJs, big fan of the elites. Been skating my 54mm hardlines a bunch. Elites are hard and screechy as hell! Tad grippier than spits or bones but I don’t mind…less slipping out and no brown potato wheels ;)

They tight shoes, yeah, I’m even wearing puffy socks…I’ve a thin mid foot and wide toe box; I didn’t enjoy skating them at all, felt baggy, but my NB255s were hurting the ball/pad of my left foot so I needed more cushion (that popcush)…first time the 255s hurt my feet tho and I’m perplexed tbh as they’ve been fine the last few sessions, maybe I bruised that area?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:34:39 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29388 on: October 18, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another all black one love this graphic so much

Hockey krod 8.5
Ace 44
Bones 100’s v5
Bones swiss

Anyone got any weird things they do when they set up a board? I like to tighten my truck bolts in a cross formation but halfway tighten each bolt then repeat

[close]
That is the 100% correct way to tighten down the hardware. Don't ever trust anyone who tells you different.
[close]
+1
[close]
+2

+3

Hell, I even do two rounds of rotation per truck...one to get them snug, then another to tighten them down...I tighten with my board vertical and always tap my truck down so it sits evenly :P

nevrwasben

« Reply #29389 on: October 18, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another all black one love this graphic so much

Hockey krod 8.5
Ace 44
Bones 100’s v5
Bones swiss

Anyone got any weird things they do when they set up a board? I like to tighten my truck bolts in a cross formation but halfway tighten each bolt then repeat

[close]
That is the 100% correct way to tighten down the hardware. Don't ever trust anyone who tells you different.
[close]
+1
[close]
+2
[close]

+3

Hell, I even do two rounds of rotation per truck...one to get them snug, then another to tighten them down...I tighten with my board vertical and always tap my truck down so it sits evenly :P
THIS
OCD is real
Im 💯 with this

Edit: I wish it made me skate better, instead it just lets me know that missing tricks is my fault

MxsDx

• Rep: 93
« Reply #29390 on: October 18, 2021, 09:21:35 PM »
Ace 44's flat top washer
Loophole 54 V's
Reds
Allens
State Pacifica cups

How is the AD pressed deck?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #29391 on: October 18, 2021, 11:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Ace 44's flat top washer
Loophole 54 V's
Reds
Allens
State Pacifica cups

[close]

Myself and everyone I know who have ridden them like them. And I’m not just trying to jock them up since that’s what I’m running.
Nice full shape, but not squared. Kicks and concave are on the mellower side of steep. Stains and routing are Quality. Stiff yet springy. I cracked the nose on my last deck doing a hardflip down a small set of stairs (which can be a board breaker on flat for me) and was able to keep skating for a couple hours without any problems.
Long story short-they’re dope.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #29392 on: October 19, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This week's sled:

Thunder Bolts
Vans Wayvee
[close]

Dam that looks nice.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You are correct!

Forged plates are +3.1875 so the effective WB is 17.43 or so. I have ridden this exact combo before and it measures this on the dot. Indy forged 148 and Thunder Team 148 are the exact same wheelbase.

MxsDx

• Rep: 93
« Reply #29393 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ace 44's flat top washer
Loophole 54 V's
Reds
Allens
State Pacifica cups

[close]

[close]
Myself and everyone I know who have ridden them like them. And I’m not just trying to jock them up since that’s what I’m running.
Nice full shape, but not squared. Kicks and concave are on the mellower side of steep. Stains and routing are Quality. Stiff yet springy. I cracked the nose on my last deck doing a hardflip down a small set of stairs (which can be a board breaker on flat for me) and was able to keep skating for a couple hours without any problems.
Long story short-they’re dope.

Thanks man. They are located in my hometown (I moved away years ago). I’m looking forward to grabbing one sometime.

Global Moderator

« Reply #29394 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »

Control 7.56" blank (7.0625" Nose, 6.43" Tail, 14" WB)
Venture Low 5.0 w/ Bones Hard Bushings
Hookups 46mm Wheels
Jessup Grip
Bones Swiss Bearings
FKD Sawblade Hardware

Nike SB Force 58 Premium

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #29395 on: October 20, 2021, 12:45:15 AM »
That whole picture is it man. From the slide marks, wheel size and shoes. Perfecto personified.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1926
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29396 on: October 20, 2021, 12:57:55 AM »

Hookups 46mm Wheels
Jessup Grip
Bones Swiss Bearings
FKD Sawblade Hardware

Nike SB Force 58 Premium

I'll let the bearings slide because the rest is just *chef's kiss*. How baggy are your pants in that photo? Wu-Welsh is the only right answer.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

maggot cunt

« Reply #29397 on: October 20, 2021, 01:11:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Hookups 46mm Wheels
Jessup Grip
Bones Swiss Bearings
FKD Sawblade Hardware

Nike SB Force 58 Premium
[close]

I'll let the bearings slide because the rest is just *chef's kiss*. How baggy are your pants in that photo? Wu-Welsh is the only right answer.

you dont fuck with bones swiss?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #29398 on: October 20, 2021, 03:15:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Hookups 46mm Wheels
Jessup Grip
Bones Swiss Bearings
FKD Sawblade Hardware

Nike SB Force 58 Premium
[close]

Always fresh @Global Moderator

Those wheels must not be easy to come by. Are they 101a?

animalflesh

« Reply #29399 on: October 20, 2021, 06:03:44 AM »
Hooked up by Eggie_Vedder thanks my dude

Imperfects Egg (8.75)
159 standard
K9 wheels 56 conical
Rib bones
1/8 riser