Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4813839 times)

Donald Quinelle

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #32640 on: January 09, 2023, 10:30:27 AM »

elegant_fox

« Reply #32641 on: January 09, 2023, 05:36:35 PM »

Set up a Powell-Peralta Flight Deck for parks/bowls when it warms up here. It's the 9.05/shape 246. Mainly got it for the 15.0 wheelbase and it's an always in stock shape with them so I can settle into a non-rotating setup. Consistency and availability is an issue with some of the shaped decks I've been riding. I'll probably step down to the the Chinese 7-ply shape 246 when this is done, depending on how it skates.

Other specs:
  • 60mm Bones 84b
  • Swiss w/spacers
  • Indy 169s, stock bushings
  • 1/4 Pigs risers
  • 1 - 1/4 shortys hardware
  • Sanded down Jessup

bbk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32642 on: January 10, 2023, 03:00:47 AM »

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #32643 on: January 10, 2023, 06:17:30 AM »

Set up a Powell-Peralta Flight Deck for parks/bowls when it warms up here. It's the 9.05/shape 246. Mainly got it for the 15.0 wheelbase and it's an always in stock shape with them so I can settle into a non-rotating setup. Consistency and availability is an issue with some of the shaped decks I've been riding. I'll probably step down to the the Chinese 7-ply shape 246 when this is done, depending on how it skates.

Other specs:
  • 60mm Bones 84b
  • Swiss w/spacers
  • Indy 169s, stock bushings
  • 1/4 Pigs risers
  • 1 - 1/4 shortys hardware
  • Sanded down Jessup

That's a beautiful graphic.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #32644 on: January 10, 2023, 06:39:14 AM »
I know this is more of a gear pron thread, but is it weird to roll around with say three setups in the whip?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #32645 on: January 10, 2023, 06:41:04 AM »
I know this is more of a gear pron thread, but is it weird to roll around with say three setups in the whip?

Nah
The streets await

Amoreone82

• Rep: 6
« Reply #32646 on: January 10, 2023, 06:44:40 AM »
Old one self made deck 10.75/32 14.5wb.
Bowl party cyrillic scrypt with Pablo Picasso's "Pigeon"
Made it at end the of feb 2022, still got it as my main transition setup.

specs:
Indy 215s "new Stage4", stock bushings
Spitfire 53mm/99a
Swiss 6 balls
1/4 Independent risers
Independent hardware
Mob grip

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #32647 on: January 10, 2023, 06:45:52 AM »

If I'm driving, I'll often bring my second mostly ignored complete or my cruiser, since I already have it and it has been useful on a number of occasions.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #32648 on: January 10, 2023, 08:44:55 AM »

I sure hope not….

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32649 on: January 10, 2023, 10:47:34 AM »

I do this all the time. I must say that some people at the skate park think it's weird, but I enjoy variety in my life. Plus, it's simply fact that my flatground setup isn't going to skate transition as well as my transition setup which isn't going to skate ledges as well as my slightly larger flatground setup

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #32650 on: January 10, 2023, 12:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I do this all the time. I must say that some people at the skate park think it's weird, but I enjoy variety in my life. Plus, it's simply fact that my flatground setup isn't going to skate transition as well as my transition setup which isn't going to skate ledges as well as my slightly larger flatground setup

I'm currently rolling with a dozen, so I'll say no.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #32651 on: January 10, 2023, 01:53:17 PM »

I ride around with a flatbar in the whip.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32652 on: January 10, 2023, 03:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have also been doing this as of late hahah. It doesn't collapse so the only way I can fit it in my civic is diagonally from the back left seat and the front passenger seat over the center console

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #32653 on: January 10, 2023, 04:23:35 PM »
Thanks fellas. My homies constantly make me feel weird about it, until one breaks and im not rushing to the shop for a replacement

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have also been doing this as of late hahah. It doesn't collapse so the only way I can fit it in my civic is diagonally from the back left seat and the front passenger seat over the center console

this entire statement is literally me.

But here's my current setup:
FA from that sale. 8.25
Ace classics 44
OJ Nomads
Indy Bearings
Indy Hardware

Really feeling the nomads lately. This deck is a huge awakening to the fact that I've been skating flat boards the last few years

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:30:26 PM by somedudefromnj »

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #32654 on: January 10, 2023, 09:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah

Second. I have my cruiser, my curb/street board, and my pool board with me. Variety is a spice of life.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
  • the moon rules
« Reply #32655 on: January 10, 2023, 10:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I drive a hatchback and have to drive with my flatbar like this as well. Mostly though I have a rotation of boards in addition to my main setup, my pad bag for big ramps, and all my spot fixing tools; mini shovel, leaf blower, angle grinder, clear coat, bondo, etc.
fuck you bama

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #32656 on: January 10, 2023, 10:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I drive a hatchback and have to drive with my flatbar like this as well. Mostly though I have a rotation of boards in addition to my main setup, my pad bag for big ramps, and all my spot fixing tools; mini shovel, leaf blower, angle grinder, clear coat, bondo, etc.

You win.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #32657 on: January 11, 2023, 03:55:04 AM »

Sounds like you need a utility van. I've been wanting to get one myself for various projects
The streets await

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #32658 on: January 11, 2023, 09:58:27 AM »
I personally don't know if I could/would want to skate more than one set-up at a time but I don't see why you shouldn't. I also can't drive so that might be a factor.....

Daewons front truck

• Rep: 30
« Reply #32659 on: January 11, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I have an everyday street set up and a wild hair transition setup that gets used once or twice a month

Everyday setup.                                                       Transition
8.125 Almost Deck.                                               8.5 woodgrain blank
Tensor Raws w/92a doh doh bushings.        2004 Fury aarto trucks
54mm OG pig "naturals" wheels.                          56mm SF Classics
Oust moc 7 bearings.                                             Mini logo bearings
Pig copper bolts.                                                  Shorty's Silverados
Black Jessup                                                          black magic grip
[close]

I can't tell if this a joke or not due to these setups coming straight out of 2005

Why would it be  a fucking joke? I skate what I want to skate and what's comfortable to me. Does everyone need to skate FA decks with 149 Indy's and formula 4s? I've been skating since 2002 and I found what works for me.  Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 01:49:33 PM by Crookedgrinder »

231st Street

• Rep: -201
« Reply #32660 on: January 11, 2023, 02:07:24 PM »

Current "daily rider" (deck replacing same broken deck in last week).  8.75 alien, broken in Indys with random bushing cups included, 56 F4 classics worn down, bones Swiss  never cleaned. 

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #32661 on: January 11, 2023, 02:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have an everyday street set up and a wild hair transition setup that gets used once or twice a month

Everyday setup.                                                       Transition
8.125 Almost Deck.                                               8.5 woodgrain blank
Oust moc 7 bearings.                                             Mini logo bearings
Pig copper bolts.                                                  Shorty's Silverados
Black Jessup                                                          black magic grip
[close]

I can't tell if this a joke or not due to these setups coming straight out of 2005
[close]

Why would it be  a fucking joke? I skate what I want to skate and what's comfortable to me. Does everyone need to skate FA decks with 149 Indy's and formula 4s? I've been skating since 2002 and I found what works for me.  Jesus Christ.

Its ok, everything's ok

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #32662 on: January 11, 2023, 03:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Because there rules here. You broke the rules that’s these kooks make up. But don’t worry skate what you like & keep posting. You can’t skate what works for you. You have to have gear madness.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #32663 on: January 11, 2023, 03:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fucking right! Skate on. Ignore these looks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 06:13:34 PM by LandonPrimo »
The streets await

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #32664 on: January 11, 2023, 07:23:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How dare you! Pig worked hard to make the prime formula and you’re missing out on the quality wheels they put out. They’re actually pretty good and I hope you get the chance to skate them.

How are the Oust bearings?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #32665 on: January 12, 2023, 12:34:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

legend

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32666 on: January 12, 2023, 12:51:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
How are the Oust bearings?

They're Oust-anding!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 619
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #32667 on: January 12, 2023, 02:29:13 AM »
I recently had a roll on some really old Arto Saari Fury trucks. They were really small (below 8") but I liked the turn.

Skate the stuff you like (except for Braille and Cariuma).
IG: @flowterspace

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #32668 on: January 12, 2023, 06:41:08 AM »
I recently had a roll on some really old Arto Saari Fury trucks. They were really small (below 8") but I liked the turn.

A friend bought fury from decathlon 2 years ago and they felt good, the turn well, they grind and have mid height, the only down side is the ugly hanger (and that the brand is not hot, but fuck it, they cost only 35 euros and i wouldnt mind riding them if i am on a budget)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32669 on: January 12, 2023, 07:48:52 AM »

And Bryte / Revive / Heart Supply
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m