Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4786439 times)

Smartass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #18540 on: July 26, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »

Palace 8.38
Tensor ATG Mag-Lights 5.75
Crupie 53mm(originally)
Bones Swiss 6

First time on a wheelbase over 14.5, and it’s not bad, just got to get used to it. I believe this guy is a 14.8.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #18541 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02:59 PM »
14.8 is pretty crazy/ bordering on longboard territory

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #18542 on: July 27, 2018, 12:46:59 AM »
14.8 is pretty crazy/ bordering on longboard territory
My friend rides a 9.25 with a 15-inch wheelbase. I know you're aware that the Welcome Catblood is 14.75 too.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18543 on: July 27, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »
yeah, and it was way surfy.
I was only joking about the longboard thing but that's some vert board wheelbase dimensions

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #18544 on: July 27, 2018, 01:42:12 AM »

Palace 8.38
Tensor ATG Mag-Lights 5.75
Crupie 53mm(originally)
Bones Swiss 6

First time on a wheelbase over 14.5, and it’s not bad, just got to get used to it. I believe this guy is a 14.8.
I skated palace board with same dimensions few yrs back, got it as a gift and gucking hated that board b/c of that wheelbase.That was also first time I noticed differencies on wb’s and now I’m in vortex with this shit like most of slap seem to ;D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #18545 on: July 27, 2018, 06:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone else having an issue with PS wood latley? last 2 of the three welcome boards snapped in the first session. hell even my china made chocolate at least lasted a few weeks
[close]

PS is super hit or miss. My last Quasi lasted for a while and kept its shape throughout. Then had a Hockey that chipped first session then snapped the next day...

Damn, bummed to read this. I really enjoyed their new video and wanted to support them by purchasing a deck but I would hate to snap a board on the first session.  I mainly skate DSM wood because the shapes are consistent(why isn't individually pressed industry standard?) and they offer a 30 day guarantee agaisnt breakage. The R7 decks are stiff as fuck and hold their shape/pop well over the 30 day warranty period.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #18546 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone else having an issue with PS wood latley? last 2 of the three welcome boards snapped in the first session. hell even my china made chocolate at least lasted a few weeks
[close]

PS is super hit or miss. My last Quasi lasted for a while and kept its shape throughout. Then had a Hockey that chipped first session then snapped the next day...
[close]

Damn, bummed to read this. I really enjoyed their new video and wanted to support them by purchasing a deck but I would hate to snap a board on the first session.  I mainly skate DSM wood because the shapes are consistent(why isn't individually pressed industry standard?) and they offer a 30 day guarantee agaisnt breakage. The R7 decks are stiff as fuck and hold their shape/pop well over the 30 day warranty period.

For what its worth, I've skated 3 Quasi boards in the past 2 years and all of them held up extremely well andI weigh 205 pounds). I just had to stop because the shapes bug me (nose & tail too short and square).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:59:24 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Smartass

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18547 on: July 27, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »
I skated palace board with same dimensions few yrs back, got it as a gift and gucking hated that board b/c of that wheelbase.That was also first time I noticed differencies on wb’s and now I’m in vortex with this shit like most of slap seem to ;D

I figured since I’ve tried plenty of short wheel bases before, I should try a longer one and see how it plays out. So far I’m liking it but time will tell.

I remember the first time I asked my local spot about wheelbases, the owner was like, “Welcome to another world of madness.”

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #18548 on: July 27, 2018, 07:39:59 AM »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #18549 on: July 27, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

For what its worth, I've skated 3 Quasi boards in the past 2 years and all of them held up extremely well andI weigh 205 pounds). I just had to stop because the shapes bug me (nose & tail too short and square).

@TheVisitor - I agree with Frozen. If you want to support Quasi, definitely give it a go. Don't let anything be a deterrent from supporting something you are connecting with. PS isn't my favorite wood, but I recently skated a Quasi and it held up pretty well for me and I beat the shit out of it. I also just ordered the Bledsoe Mother reissue.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #18550 on: July 27, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

@TheVisitor - I agree with Frozen. If you want to support Quasi, definitely give it a go. Don't let anything be a deterrent from supporting something you are connecting with. PS isn't my favorite wood, but I recently skated a Quasi and it held up pretty well for me and I beat the shit out of it. I also just ordered the Bledsoe Mother reissue.
My last board was a Quasi and it was perfectly fine. Good pop and didn't chip on me. Only retired it because I was starting to skate through the tail.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

hmmmokay

« Reply #18551 on: July 27, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
favorite set up in a while. for some reason I recently decided to downsize my board/wheels a bit and I'm pretty stoked on how it feels.

8.25 Colony
Thunder 149's
Bones Black Hard Bushings
52mm Wayward Wheels
Bones Reds
Mob Grip

I've seen a few negative reviews for Wayward's but so far I really like them, and the Bones hard bushings are something else I decided to try out and again, so far they feel great.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #18552 on: July 28, 2018, 03:48:13 AM »

8.6 witchcraft
thunder 149s
52mm oj insaneathane 101as
mini logos
indy bolts
some grip that was way too hard to peel off the sheet

was meant to be an 8.5 but then they messaged me saying someone had bought it in store but they had an 8.6 in the warehouse so i said fuck it. feels pretty nice, decent shape.

ballintoohard

« Reply #18553 on: July 28, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
My local shop almost never has Quasi in so it's hard to get a feel for the different shapes. I've been burned on a few of their shapes, loved others. I'm used to the square/flat Proto shape now, but still might prefer a normal Generator shape.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #18554 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:36 PM »
Haven't skated in a couple months but I'm excited to get back in the game

Quasi Al Davis (8.5, 14.5 wb)
Indy 149
Spitfire F4s (the wack red ones)
Bones heavy bushings
Swiss

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:49:33 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #18555 on: July 29, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »

Hockey Andrew Allen 8.25"
Thunder Ti Lights 148(shout out to the sale thread) - not feeling the base plate but too lazy to do anything about it
Spitfire Classics 50mm
Bones Swiss 6

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18556 on: July 30, 2018, 04:11:32 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl2T7Y2lQFj1xJLOcQjU3sj1bQRWx9DNWVNTiA0/?taken-by=mcidbarretjr

magenta 8.4
gonz indies 159 + stock bushings no whasers
bones v5 (53mm one year ago)
jessupp
adidas samba adv

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18557 on: July 30, 2018, 11:49:01 AM »
I like that Real Huf posted above. The AA board is also sick. Not much ever changes for me from one setup to the next. I'm adding to Clamy's and TFuckina's Isle love!

I watched 'Make Friends With the Colour Blue' yesterday morning before I went out to skate and had one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Isle Shier 8'
Thunder Ti 149 (Khiro Conical)
Autobahn Brezinski 52
Modus Ceramic / MOB / Shorty's
Nike Bruin Hyperfeel

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18558 on: July 30, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
Those slide marks are exactly what we were talking about

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #18559 on: July 30, 2018, 11:59:36 AM »
im afraid to post my setup for fear of slide shaming
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18560 on: July 30, 2018, 12:00:02 PM »
Those slide marks are exactly what we were talking about

That got me pretty fired up yesterday too. I was just daring some little kid at the park to ask me again if my tailslides were switch.  ;D

EDIT: Straight - SFB and I were being slide snobs yesterday. But I shared a story with him that one time a kid at the park asked me if my tailslides were switch. It was only after a couple weeks did I realize he was low key dissing me!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:02:04 PM by heritage »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #18561 on: July 30, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »
also that scumco up there is sick .. can’t get those in az
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18562 on: July 30, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
I saw someone with vertical slide marks on their noise and tail and it disgusted me. Those are not from nose or tail slides. Then there are a few horizontal ones way away from the baseplate and it was just a horror show.  What are you doing to produce those? Stop whatever it is. I won't even get into 45 degree looking board/lip marks.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #18563 on: July 30, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »
I saw someone with vertical slide marks on their noise and tail and it disgusted me. Those are not from nose or tail slides. Then there are a few horizontal ones way away from the baseplate and it was just a horror show.  What are you doing to produce those? Stop whatever it is. I won't even get into 45 degree looking board/lip marks.

Maybe the dude strictly 5-0s and shovel nosegrinds rails
(Cool Trick GIF)

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #18564 on: July 30, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »

You slide snob!!

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #18565 on: July 30, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »
Heritage fakes that shit with his fauxhawk.  He also doesn't believe in white privilege. The nose could be from bashing in to slappies, but what, you can't smith or feeble?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18566 on: July 30, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
I won't even get into 45 degree looking board/lip marks.

mariomister

• Rep: 15
« Reply #18567 on: July 31, 2018, 05:54:21 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl45Cuwl38d/?hl=it&taken-by=mariosk8

Isle Jon Nguyen 8.375 full deep white
Film trucks 6.0
Taste Wheels 53mm conical shape
ashes griptape
Screwhead hardware
Modus bearings i think abec 5 (the cheapest one)

vans slip on Pro

Smartass

« Reply #18568 on: July 31, 2018, 07:18:37 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl45Cuwl38d/?hl=it&taken-by=mariosk8

Isle Jon Nguyen 8.375 full deep white
Film trucks 6.0
Taste Wheels 53mm conical shape
ashes griptape
Screwhead hardware
Modus bearings i think abec 5 (the cheapest one)

vans slip on Pro

You win the award for most diverse amount of smaller brands on a set-up.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #18569 on: July 31, 2018, 11:46:00 AM »
Did you mean full dip white?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH