Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4810041 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #21930 on: October 09, 2019, 06:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New board and wheels
AH Black Widow 8.5" x 31.7" w/ 14.12" wb
Ace 44
Spitfire F4 52mm classic shape 101du
Swiss
Jessup
Indy bolts
[close]

That looks amazing. Is this your first time running that shape, and either way, how is it?
[close]
Yes it is my first time on this shape, I skated it like 30mins last night and so far it’s so awesome. Never really had football shape before but I can see myself skating another one in future for sure, 360’s and big spins off the nose felt so fucking nice😊

So sick, that has me hyped. I've always wanted a football shape and just ordered my first.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #21931 on: October 09, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »
tactics has this pic backwards? confusing makes it look like a square tail.
All the other eagle decks face the other way
https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/shaped-eagle-overspray-orange-crusher-91-skateboard-deck

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #21932 on: October 09, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »
tactics has this pic backwards? confusing makes it look like a square tail.
All the other eagle decks face the other way
https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/shaped-eagle-overspray-orange-crusher-91-skateboard-deck

Yeah, the nose is the square end. Held one IRL and the top graphic is over the round end and the sticker is over the square end.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #21933 on: October 09, 2019, 08:25:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont know if this is the place to ask but I'll try anyway, has anyone successful done 8 inch board with 8.25 truck setup?
[close]

I haven't seen exactly 8 inch board on 8.25 trucks but I know many people who don't mind having wider trucks than the deck. That 0.25" difference probably makes your wheels flush with the board.
[close]

I actually been running 8.25 with thunder 149 for the longest time find no problem, my only concern tail shapes with 8 inch boards cause I have no experience with them

149s on an 8.25 is damn fine, nice and squared up without your axels sticking out.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #21934 on: October 09, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont know if this is the place to ask but I'll try anyway, has anyone successful done 8 inch board with 8.25 truck setup?
[close]

I haven't seen exactly 8 inch board on 8.25 trucks but I know many people who don't mind having wider trucks than the deck. That 0.25" difference probably makes your wheels flush with the board.
[close]

I actually been running 8.25 with thunder 149 for the longest time find no problem, my only concern tail shapes with 8 inch boards cause I have no experience with them
[close]

149s on an 8.25 is damn fine, nice and squared up without your axels sticking out.

Yeah I actually had no problems with that setup, but curiosity got the better of me after few short lived swapped parts now im running polar 8.25 with thunder 148 teams on 52s I really like it.

Then the other day I met this dude who had a old worn 8 inch jart deck, thunder 147 teams and same 52s. One attempt to ollie with his deck I could immediately tell I can pop higher and with less effort.

So now I back to wondering about setups again, the plan is to next change is to a 8 inch deck but hopefully keep the tail size almost similar to my current setup cause I love how comfortable polar tail for setting up tricks.

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #21935 on: October 09, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i have 144s on an 8.06 and 149s on an 8.25.
wheels flush, love them both

animalflesh

« Reply #21936 on: October 09, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »
Haven’t had a setup this fresh in a long time

8.75 x 32.5 madness “disease”
159 hollows with random bushings
1/8” hard risers
F4 conical fulls used to be 58s now 54ish
Cheap ceramic something bearings
A bit of mob and a bit of jessup
Whatever hardware

Have u always had 1/8 risers on even when the wheels were 58?

I get wheelbite like crazy and have to run 1/4

Rad setup, Madness is underrated

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #21937 on: October 09, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Haven’t had a setup this fresh in a long time

8.75 x 32.5 madness “disease”
159 hollows with random bushings
1/8” hard risers
F4 conical fulls used to be 58s now 54ish
Cheap ceramic something bearings
A bit of mob and a bit of jessup
Whatever hardware
[close]

Have u always had 1/8 risers on even when the wheels were 58?

I get wheelbite like crazy and have to run 1/4

Rad setup, Madness is underrated

Yup, just had the trucks tighter but it was a bit annoying so I rode some 55s in a while. But they shrunk fast bombing hills, just had to rotate them every once in a while.
They still bite a ton though, I’m just hesitant to ride 1/4s other than on my cruiser.

The black widow is such a nice shape, just a bit small for me. But I have friends that ride that shape religiously.

PMA

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #21938 on: October 09, 2019, 11:18:13 AM »

Quasi 8.5 x 32.125 x 14.25
Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #21939 on: October 09, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
too clean. was just window shopping those Quasi earlier today. you like?

ClayH

« Reply #21940 on: October 09, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
Thanks! Yeah I really do. I've never skated an 8.5 and it's nice to have the extra stability and leverage over my trucks. I also like the way it looks when I look down at it, with the wide square nose and extra room. Feels nice and crisp too. It's got a blue middle ply which I like. We'll see how it holds up and if it keeps it's crisp-ness over time.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #21941 on: October 10, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »

New board and wheels
AH Black Widow 8.5" x 31.7" w/ 14.12" wb
Ace 44
Spitfire F4 52mm classic shape 101du
Swiss
Jessup
Indy bolts

Hv the same deck still waiting for it's turn.. Can't wait to set em up..

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #21942 on: October 10, 2019, 10:59:54 AM »
i don’t have a local skate shop but i have a local deck brand

opalala slick 8.5
ace 44s
bones 100s 52mm (they’re surprisingly good but i got em for free so i can’t really complain)
powell rib bones rail
random bearings, bolts and griptape
old skool pros
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #21943 on: October 10, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »

opalala slick 8.5
ace 44s
bones 100s 52mm (they’re surprisingly good but i got em for free so i can’t really complain)
powell rib bones rail
old skool pros

that graphic rules

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #21944 on: October 10, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote

opalala slick 8.5
ace 44s
powell rib bones rail
old skool pros
[close]

that graphic rules
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -27
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #21945 on: October 10, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
Heroin Eyeballer
169 Independents
Spitfire 60mm OG classics
Bones Red Bearings
Powell rails
1/8 risers

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21946 on: October 11, 2019, 07:42:55 AM »
Day one on this thing:

Hockey 8.18
Ace 44
52 Lock Ins
Big Balls

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #21947 on: October 11, 2019, 08:14:10 AM »
Day one on this thing:

Hockey 8.18
Ace 44
52 Lock Ins
Big Balls

How you like that?
Seems pretty ideal.
I was looking at the conical full in 52, you like the lock ins?  The old Swiss 6 were the best Swiss I’ve had, I’m assuming the news ones are still good.
Anyways, rad kit

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21948 on: October 11, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Day one on this thing:

Hockey 8.18
Ace 44
52 Lock Ins
Big Balls
[close]

How you like that?
Seems pretty ideal.
I was looking at the conical full in 52, you like the lock ins?  The old Swiss 6 were the best Swiss I’ve had, I’m assuming the news ones are still good.
Anyways, rad kit

I was pretty hesitant at first but I gotta admit, it's a fun shape. Giant ass nose - I do a ton of nose slides so I'm loving that.

Am very glad it's generator and not ps sticks.

The lock ins rule - I'm really happy with them. Can feel a noticeable difference on ledges and transition.

Really happy with everything. The 8.125 AntiHero deck I had before felt like my dream set up. Glad I tried this Hockey deck but will probably revert back to that in the future.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21949 on: October 11, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
Thanks! Yeah I really do. I've never skated an 8.5 and it's nice to have the extra stability and leverage over my trucks. I also like the way it looks when I look down at it, with the wide square nose and extra room. Feels nice and crisp too. It's got a blue middle ply which I like. We'll see how it holds up and if it keeps it's crisp-ness over time.
Lol I'm pretty sure I've seen you skate at the local Austin basketball court spot from the looks of the board/shoe combo. You wear glasses right?

ClayH

« Reply #21950 on: October 11, 2019, 02:55:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
Lol I'm pretty sure I've seen you skate at the local Austin basketball court spot from the looks of the board/shoe combo. You wear glasses right?
Woah that's crazy! That spot was so sick, y'all are lucky to have it. I was there this past weekend on a trip to Austin, but I'm from DFW. But, yeah wow, small world, which guy were you, if you don't mind my asking?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21951 on: October 11, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Woah that's crazy! That spot was so sick, y'all are lucky to have it. I was there this past weekend on a trip to Austin, but I'm from DFW. But, yeah wow, small world, which guy were you, if you don't mind my asking?
Nice! I was the asian guy with glasses with the Wknd board and white janoskis. I was most likely practicing back smiths on the box. Haha I remembered seeing the Quasi and those shoes and being stoked.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:41:50 PM by camel filters »

ClayH

« Reply #21952 on: October 11, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Nice! I was the asian guy with glasses with the Wknd board and white janoskis. I was most likely practicing back smiths on the box. Haha I remembered seeing the Quasi and those shoes and being stoked.
Woah, I totally remember you! That's so sick, nice back smiths too, those were clean. The power of SLAP

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21953 on: October 11, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »
very shalom^^

gnars all round

Slugboi22

• Rep: 67
« Reply #21954 on: October 11, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »
Pet Skateboards 8.5
Ace 44s
53mm Conical Fulls
Bronson G2s

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21955 on: October 12, 2019, 01:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Woah, I totally remember you! That's so sick, nice back smiths too, those were clean. The power of SLAP
Thanks! You were ripping as well.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21956 on: October 12, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

^shalom af
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #21957 on: October 12, 2019, 11:56:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

i don't know why, but this made me smile

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #21958 on: October 13, 2019, 04:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #21959 on: October 13, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ace 44
F4 AA Conical Full 55
Swiss6
Mob
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Camel Filters, are you Jon Choi?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes