Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4838389 times)

Meathook and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Heather Chandler

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #23670 on: April 18, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Enjoi Zack Wallin 8.5
Film 6.0
Swiss
Bones 56 (80a) (streets are very rough in my town; park is closed)
Modus allen head
Switching between CTS pro (suede) and DC Smith mid w/footprint insoles

[close]
Sick I set up the same board in November. How do you like it? Resin 7

Expand Quote
enjoi zach wallin 8.5" 32.25" 14.25wb mellow concave steep kick
tensor atg 5.75 (8.5")
F4 99a 54mm conical
bones reds

reynolds vulc low

[close]

Yeah, I like it a lot. Had to shitcan my risers, the kicks seem really steep. Would like to try an 8.75 popsicle

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #23671 on: April 19, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »

This is the second DOA 8.38 I've set up. Really good shape. Big shout out to Seadramon for these Cons x Hopps high tops. Shalom!

Red Top looks so good

Quasi BOB 8.25 x 14.25
Thunder Lights 149 w/ bones mediums
Radial Slim 53
Swiss6
Mob
AVEs from the big V's outlet, which I'm really enjoying
Was skating a JJ 8.38 Quasi before this that didn't have the big square nose and tail and this feels so much better. Tail feels short though. Bummed there's not dyed bottom ply but that's a weird personal thing.

hah this is exactly why mine has been collecting dust

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23672 on: April 19, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »
Red tops are a big no no for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #23673 on: April 19, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »

One more setup to post, a Real renewal edition. Dimensions: 7.75 x 31.25 x 14" wheelbase, which I'm hyped on. 14" wheelbase decks are hard to find, much less one that's under 8 inches. I'm becoming a 14"-wheelbase believer.

Got it in the sale bin of a skateshop and I really just want to learn f/s bigspins and impossibles on it. I haven't skated a board under 8" in maybe twelve years? But I'm dying to learn those two tricks so the smaller dims should help. I'm not overly concerned about the quality of renewal edition decks if I just skate flat, even though I've snapped decks just skating flat. Time will tell.

Then I'm skating my older Thunders that I think are 147s (the hangar measures at 127mm), old Bones wheels which are probably 50mm now, and Mini-logo bearings. Hopefully everything's light enough to work to my advantage.

Welcome, my child. 14" wheelbase makes it feel like I'm actually telling the board what to do and not the other way around.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23674 on: April 19, 2020, 08:50:02 AM »
Expand Quote

One more setup to post, a Real renewal edition. Dimensions: 7.75 x 31.25 x 14" wheelbase, which I'm hyped on. 14" wheelbase decks are hard to find, much less one that's under 8 inches. I'm becoming a 14"-wheelbase believer.

Got it in the sale bin of a skateshop and I really just want to learn f/s bigspins and impossibles on it. I haven't skated a board under 8" in maybe twelve years? But I'm dying to learn those two tricks so the smaller dims should help. I'm not overly concerned about the quality of renewal edition decks if I just skate flat, even though I've snapped decks just skating flat. Time will tell.

Then I'm skating my older Thunders that I think are 147s (the hangar measures at 127mm), old Bones wheels which are probably 50mm now, and Mini-logo bearings. Hopefully everything's light enough to work to my advantage.
[close]

Welcome, my child. 14" wheelbase makes it feel like I'm actually telling the board what to do and not the other way around.
Stepped down to 8.25 and snapped it a week in. Tried another and same thing happened. Back on my 8.5 right now and its holding steady.

How big are you guys and how log do those twigs last you? I like the idea of stepping down in size but i might not be able to afford it.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #23675 on: April 19, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
Stepped down to 8.25 and snapped it a week in. Tried another and same thing happened. Back on my 8.5 right now and its holding steady.

How big are you guys and how log do those twigs last you? I like the idea of stepping down in size but i might not be able to afford it.

I'm average height, five-eight or so, and I'm about 160 pounds. It's just a deck for learning new flatground tricks on so hopefully it'll last longer, ionno.

The light took years to reach my eyes.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #23676 on: April 19, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
Is there any 8.5s out there with a 14in WB?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #23677 on: April 19, 2020, 12:44:15 PM »

https://pennswood.myshopify.com/collections/boards I think a lot of these blanks are

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #23678 on: April 19, 2020, 12:45:25 PM »

This one just arrived to my local for a decent price including grip and shipping.
* 8,5”
* 32,25”
* Nose:  7.125"
* Tail: 6.875"
* Wheel Base: 14.125”
Sexy measurements on this one but the only time I had an Habitat board I hated it but this was like 7 years ago, an 8" Silas pointy nose.
Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

pretty close

sadnocomply

• Rep: 152
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #23679 on: April 19, 2020, 12:49:46 PM »
Business & Company but stock is hella low

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #23680 on: April 19, 2020, 01:06:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Surprised that they haven’t put the next line up. Dude that works there sent me the line sheet and said it was going to drop March 20th so I’ve been checking waiting for it to go up

sadnocomply

• Rep: 152
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #23681 on: April 19, 2020, 02:05:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Surprised that they haven’t put the next line up. Dude that works there sent me the line sheet and said it was going to drop March 20th so I’ve been checking waiting for it to go up
Siiiick. Never skated one but I want to try their 8.5 and 8.0

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #23682 on: April 19, 2020, 02:52:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

This one just arrived to my local for a decent price including grip and shipping.
* 8,5”
* 32,25”
Sexy measurements on this one but the only time I had an Habitat board I hated it but this was like 7 years ago, an 8" Silas pointy nose.
[close]

pretty close
I couldn't find moon's original post..
Moon, where are you getting the dimension info from?
I've seen you guys talking about shorter wheelbases but don't see the info on the Alien/Habitat sites. Iirc their 8.5" 14.25" wb. has Thanks..

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23683 on: April 19, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Had a 8 and I really loved it

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #23684 on: April 19, 2020, 03:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
set up a new grocery-getter for current times

Polar Boserio 9"
Ace 55s (purchased from slap pal Diocletian, thanks!)
Bones ATF filmer wheels 52mm
Bones Swiss
Heroin useless rail sticker

I was a little worried about it being a bit magic-carpet-y with the 55s on a 9" but I think it will be OK
[close]
9” trucks w 9” width board seems good to me. Why the worry? No taper. They don’t make this 9” popsicle anymore right.. How’re those wheels?
Looks like the 9” Polar popsicle shape is back in the new lineup: https://njskateshop.com/collections/new/products/polar-shin-sanbongi-memory-palace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #23685 on: April 19, 2020, 03:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

* 8,5”
* 32,25”
[close]

pretty close
[close]
I've seen you guys talking about shorter wheelbases but don't see the info on the Alien/Habitat sites. Iirc their 8.5" 14.25" wb. has Thanks..
It was stated on the website from where I get my stuff but I'm not sure if is 100% reliable.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
« Reply #23686 on: April 19, 2020, 04:29:54 PM »
Best thing to do is to measure decks yourself in person to double check. Sometimes deck measurements don't match their descriptions.

Tracerstracer

• Rep: -38
« Reply #23687 on: April 19, 2020, 04:41:06 PM »
Best thing to do is to measure decks yourself in person to double check. Sometimes deck measurements don't match their descriptions.
Don't spill that red wine on your shirt. It going stain.

EchoShadow

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23688 on: April 19, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »

Quarantine builds

Krooked Sebo waves 8.25 14.38 wb - rough street roller
Indy 149 titanium, Bones medium bushings
Bones Swiss 6
OJ Keyframes 54mm

Krooked Wildflowers emb 8.5 14.25 wb
Indy 149 titanium, Bones medium bushings
Bones Swiss 6
Spitfire F4 locks 52mm

2nd Wildflowers in plastic will be getting same setup as current except with Venture 5.8 titaniums when they come in this week. Will be interesting to ride them side by side to compare The 149s to Venture. Last set of Ventures I had was on an Aesthetics setup in the mid 90s (still have it).

MxsDx

• Rep: 100
« Reply #23689 on: April 19, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
5Boro Jeremy Murray
listed as 8.375, but measures 8.25
14.25 WB, 32 Length
Independent 149 Titanium, but gonna switch to 144 hollows next session for "science"
Spitfire F4 Conical 54mm, 99 duro

I thought about keeping this deck as a collector because I really like the VHS graphic series, but snapped my week-old AWS on a crappy flatground kickflip (bummed). This deck is pretty steep, thick and on South Central Wood, so I expect it to last longer.  Also stoked on 5Boro after seeing this:

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #23690 on: April 20, 2020, 08:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

just got a b&c in 7.75” but I’m waiting for grip in the mail. psyched to set it up. shape I have looks good.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #23691 on: April 20, 2020, 08:35:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

just got a b&c in 7.75” but I’m waiting for grip in the mail. psyched to set it up. shape I have looks good.

Very interested in all of this.
7.75 is hot!
Which trucks?
Pointy?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #23692 on: April 20, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

* 8,5”
* 32,25”
[close]

pretty close
[close]
Found the measurements:
Striped Bloom 8.5" Skateboard Deck from Habitat Skateboards.
7-ply maple construction.
Medium concave.
Width: 8.5".
Length: 32.25".
Wheelbase: 14".
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #23693 on: April 20, 2020, 03:30:59 PM »
Thanks for the input. I would actually be down to try a B&C. I was looking at some Aliens that are listed as 14.1WB. If that habitat is in fact 14 I’d be down for that graphic.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #23694 on: April 20, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »
Thanks for the input. I would actually be down to try a B&C. I was looking at some Aliens that are listed as 14.1WB. If that habitat is in fact 14 I’d be down for that graphic.
Mine should arrive on Wednesday, I'll check and inform
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23695 on: April 20, 2020, 06:21:47 PM »
I’ve had a few habitats in the last year that had a 14 wheelbase . There were the 8.0 ones with a 31.5 length

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #23696 on: April 21, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

7.75 is hot!
Which trucks?
Pointy?

I got thunder team hollow 147’s for it. no, definitely not pointy. 13.8” wheelbase. mediumish concave. perfectly round nose and tail, very standard popsicle shape. gonna skate it for the first time today, will give updates.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #23697 on: April 21, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

7.75 is hot!
Which trucks?
Pointy?
[close]

I got thunder team hollow 147’s for it. no, definitely not pointy. 13.8” wheelbase. mediumish concave. perfectly round nose and tail, very standard popsicle shape. gonna skate it for the first time today, will give updates.

Sounds sick!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #23698 on: April 21, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »

It arrived one day sooner, just measured it and it came as a 14.125" WB
Shape looks awesome
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #23699 on: April 21, 2020, 05:02:39 PM »
I hope this is a resurgence of more habitat in here, sure most of the team bailed but the boards and shapes are great