Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4811205 times)

realbasedgod112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #30660 on: March 23, 2022, 05:47:53 PM »
I was about to set up a more ledge friendly set up. I lost the box with the grip in it.

I’m going to do some shake junt this time. That video was so good I’m going to switch over from mob for a while.
Yo I wish I had the majik carpet grip. I would sell something dope for like 5 sheets so I can do some high quality art on it.

Ill intricacies of thin flowing lines. Maybe fill a few screen. Make a dope print in white and gold. If I could get 1 sheet I definitely save that sheet for my next set up. Really work on the top.

I’ll have same deck but a green bottom purple top. It’ll be hot out so I’ll chop and throw some green bushings in. They hard so I gotta chop it a little bit.
It’s worth it because I got green 3 ply risers.
If I had the green and gold grip with a dope thin line block print or something. Maybe print like a photo of the ledge I’m about to spend the next few months at.

Maybe I’ll keep it simple and clean put like a little character on it.

So this is where I went after giving up on breaking in that ledge without wax. I could only 50 both ways 50 nollie back shuv. Already filmed like way too many of those. So 1 crooks went. I tried half cab crooks because sometimes those go through the crust better but I kept sticking.  I try never to fall of the end. I want the lower end with pop outs so I gotta wax and fill the cracks.

So yeah

After I skated I was like ok it’s time for the M1 with the 14” wb.
the hollow trucks that I got like 10 grinds on but tones of cruising on
And my loopholes.

This red bottom is going to back 80 fakie nose grind forward. I got in to them but I was going slow and the board was just too heavy.

Fakie 5oh is the dream but I have not gotten one since like 2002. My big wheels are to heavy for anything other than suski.
The loops will do it all. I don’t like square ledge wheels. I like tears.

The big wheel board I was riding at the spot after school is that old K shape 8.25 i been barely riding.
I got cast hanger hollow hanger and 58mm og classic on it.  Swiss bones. 3 ply risers. It’s more for the long long mission and for hills and transition. I love wallie impossible back 5ohs.

I need to get grip that’s going to be a bitch. I hope that nwf has shake junt.

I always Allen key.
the setup and spot radiate angst
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #30661 on: March 23, 2022, 06:01:13 PM »
I was about to set up a more ledge friendly set up. I lost the box with the grip in it.

I’m going to do some shake junt this time. That video was so good I’m going to switch over from mob for a while.
Yo I wish I had the majik carpet grip. I would sell something dope for like 5 sheets so I can do some high quality art on it.

Ill intricacies of thin flowing lines. Maybe fill a few screen. Make a dope print in white and gold. If I could get 1 sheet I definitely save that sheet for my next set up. Really work on the top.

I’ll have same deck but a green bottom purple top. It’ll be hot out so I’ll chop and throw some green bushings in. They hard so I gotta chop it a little bit.
If I had the green and gold grip with a dope thin line block print or something. Maybe print like a photo of the ledge I’m about to spend the next few months at.

So this is where I went after giving up on breaking in that ledge without wax. I could only 50 both ways 50 nollie back shuv. Already filmed like way too many of those. So 1 crooks went. I tried half cab crooks because sometimes those go through the crust better but I kept sticking.  I try never to fall of the end. I want the lower end with pop outs so I gotta wax and fill the cracks.

So yeah

And my loopholes.

This red bottom is going to back 80 fakie nose grind forward. I got in to them but I was going slow and the board was just too heavy.

Fakie 5oh is the dream but I have not gotten one since like 2002. My big wheels are to heavy for anything other than suski.

The big wheel board I was riding at the spot after school is that old K shape 8.25 i been barely riding.
I got cast hanger hollow hanger and 58mm og classic on it.  Swiss bones. 3 ply risers. It’s more for the long long mission and for hills and transition. I love wallie impossible back 5ohs.

I always Allen key.

Spot looks like it sounds really good, with the bricks and real ledge, write up is rad.
I’ve been running some 56 f4 conical fulls…pop is great(on Ollie’s, flip tricks less good), it’s awesome to be able to skate to the spots, but the setup is so heavy I just …get tired.
Anyways, thasks for the spot shot and the thoughts

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #30662 on: March 23, 2022, 07:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote

So yeah

And my loopholes.

I always Allen key.
[close]

Spot looks like it sounds really good, with the bricks and real ledge, write up is rad.
I’ve been running some 56 f4 conical fulls…pop is great(on Ollie’s, flip tricks less good), it’s awesome to be able to skate to the spots, but the setup is so heavy I just …get tired.

That one above is the thinking spot. It’s basically unskateable.

You would go to jail so hard if you waxed that one right there maybe. Could lead to a beating by an old ass park ranger dressed as glovers regiment doing tours off season.

This is the spot

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30663 on: March 23, 2022, 08:15:12 PM »

The end that looks buttery but it’s like not.

The giant wheels got me thinking I got to get lighter to do the lines I want.

That’s a pretty good line. Small round wheels will make me able to lock in like pinching. The big wheels put you on top which is mini ramp shit
(A)pl(E)

Wafools

• Rep: 42
« Reply #30664 on: March 24, 2022, 10:03:24 AM »

specs:
polar klez p2, 8.5 w/ 14.5 wheelbase (i didn't double check however)
ace classic 44, red baseplates. (you can't see it but i swapped the axle nuts out for red ones)
satori conical 54mm 101a
bearings were a mix of bones reds and spares

How is the P2?!  Been very curious about that shape.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #30665 on: March 24, 2022, 10:40:39 AM »

alltimers alexis 8.25
shopgrip cuz i forgot my jessup at home :(
venture hollow 5.6
shakejunt hw
low blazer zoom gt

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So yeah

And my loopholes.

I always Allen key.
[close]

[close]

That one above is the thinking spot. It’s basically unskateable.

You would go to jail so hard if you waxed that one right there maybe. Could lead to a beating by an old ass park ranger dressed as glovers regiment doing tours off season.

This is the spot

beautiful spot!!!  :o
curvy :)

Acky Jacky

« Reply #30666 on: March 24, 2022, 03:11:14 PM »

B. Worrest Krooked
symmetrical shape & slick, 8.3 w/ 14.4wb
Venture 5.6 (edit: with super cush soft bushings and flat top washers)
F4 53 (originally) w/ Swiss
Jessup
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:06:22 PM by Count Jackula »

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #30667 on: March 24, 2022, 05:54:56 PM »
Nice setup @Count Jackula  :) Radial Slims?
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Acky Jacky

« Reply #30668 on: March 24, 2022, 06:05:23 PM »

Thanks! Nah they’re just Formula 4 classics. I have tried the radial slims before, I like the way they look and ride but I think the roundness of the classic helps me get out of certain grinds (I guess mainly crooks) more easily, and possibly gives me an edge on riding diagonally over big cracks, etc. I’m not sure though.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #30669 on: March 25, 2022, 05:15:55 AM »
I wasn't getting along great with the 8.5 FullSE...good shape just felt a bit boaty (I have size 8.5 feet). Took a travel/support the local shop opportunity to trim down to the 8.38 FullSE. A bit on the hotrod side so I went to Spitfire Tablets to bring the outer edge in just a bit.

Real Busenitz - 8.38"x14.38" (FullSE, "IV")
Indy 159 Hollows w/ cast baseplates
Spitfire Tablets 54mm/99d
Bones Super Swiss
Mini-logo Hardware
MOB Grip

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30670 on: March 25, 2022, 08:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks! Nah they’re just Formula 4 classics. I have tried the radial slims before, I like the way they look and ride but I think the roundness of the classic helps me get out of certain grinds (I guess mainly crooks) more easily, and possibly gives me an edge on riding diagonally over big cracks, etc. I’m not sure though.

I noticed crooks are easier with the classics aswell. With radial wheel's it's more of a plowing feeling, less grindy.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #30671 on: March 26, 2022, 10:18:37 AM »

Killing Floor 8.18. Feels a bit smaller than that, but I’ll give it a shot
fuck you bama

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30672 on: March 26, 2022, 10:46:15 AM »
Classy board, classy composition. 11/10

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30673 on: March 26, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »

What a beauty

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #30674 on: March 26, 2022, 04:24:56 PM »

Jart 7.375 x31.48 14in wb 6.7n 6.3t
Classic griptape
Shortys 7/8 Allen
Venture 5.0 low
Shortys blue bushings
Boardy cake 46ers
Bones big balls

LebowskisRug

« Reply #30675 on: March 26, 2022, 06:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What a beauty

Loved this series. How is the 8.18 different, if at all, from their 8.25?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #30676 on: March 26, 2022, 09:04:01 PM »

Antiihero Cardiel Huffer
Ace AF1 66
Spit FF 53mm Classics
Bronson Noras
Shorty's Hardware
Pig Rail
Mob (including some leftover Clear)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #30677 on: March 26, 2022, 09:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a beauty
[close]

Loved this series. How is the 8.18 different, if at all, from their 8.25?
it’s a standard BBS shape. Same length, same shape, same WB as the 8.25. I wish I got 8.25’s when I got a few, but I don’t think it will have any real effect on my skating one way or another
fuck you bama

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #30678 on: March 26, 2022, 11:23:18 PM »

Antiihero Cardiel Huffer
Ace AF1 66
Spit FF 53mm Classics
Bronson Noras
Shorty's Hardware
Pig Rail

Nice.  Good top photo of the huffer shape too

Frank and Fred

« Reply #30679 on: March 27, 2022, 05:43:24 AM »
That Huffer is going to be a lot of fun. The angle of the photo makes the shape look even wider out the back.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #30680 on: March 27, 2022, 08:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote

specs:
ace classic 44, red baseplates. (you can't see it but i swapped the axle nuts out for red ones)
satori conical 54mm 101a
[close]

Not my setup but I also recently got a P2 and have been really stoked on it. It feels especially well suited for Ace 44s since it tapers towards the ends so it’s probably closer to 8.3 at the trucks than 8.5.

Nose is very blunt and kind of squared off, which to me just looks great and comfortable somehow, where as the nose on FA/Hockey shapes are more bulbous and too steep to my liking. I was previously digging the more mellower big nosed Quasi etc PSStix boards but after some back and forth I’m now thinking I still prefer this wood more.

Tail is maybe a bit small, but it might be just in comparison to the big blunt nose. I think I’ll be getting more P2s in the future. It’s like big and small at the same time.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30681 on: March 27, 2022, 04:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote

specs:
satori conical 54mm 101a
[close]

lateish reply, but it's been pretty nice on aces. the first time i took it out was a thorough ass (or shins rather) kicking, but once i got used to it i could get so much more pop on all my tricks. it's probably more the trucks but i haven't been locking into crooks as much. on the flip side, manuals are way easier to balance.
would highly recommend it if you're looking to burn some money.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #30682 on: March 27, 2022, 05:11:55 PM »

Antiihero Cardiel Huffer
Ace AF1 66
Spit FF 53mm Classics
Bronson Noras
Shorty's Hardware
Pig Rail
Really like this one.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30683 on: March 27, 2022, 07:21:20 PM »
Found a roll of grip in a box. I should have more.

livecode json

8.25 Pop master M1 shape (14”wb)
orchard graphic

Venture 5.6 hollow hanger
Old venture cast plates

Loopholes tear shape I think they are 54s I forgot

Bones ceramic bearings that I scored in 2016. I been cleaning them and shit so they’re still nice af and getting better and better.

I’m pretty sure I got shortys Allen.

Quick top graphic on grip so after I retire the board to the pile and I find it later I know this is the new house board.

Tomorrow I’m going to destroy that ledge.
(A)pl(E)

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #30684 on: March 27, 2022, 09:54:43 PM »

livecode json

orchard graphic

Old venture cast plates

Bones ceramic bearings that I scored in 2016. I been cleaning them and shit so they’re still nice af and getting better and better.

Quick top graphic on grip so after I retire the board to the pile and I find it later I know this is the new house board.

this looks so good, 10/10 would skate

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #30685 on: March 28, 2022, 04:58:34 AM »

livecode json

orchard graphic

Old venture cast plates

The grip goes so hard. I love it.
IG: @flowterspace

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #30686 on: March 28, 2022, 05:15:11 AM »
yeah that griptape art is amazing
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #30687 on: March 28, 2022, 06:55:01 AM »
Damn I kinda want to put pals on my next board.  Represent my skate nerdery

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #30688 on: March 28, 2022, 08:19:46 AM »
Has anyone gotten SLAP PALS tattooed across their knuckles?

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #30689 on: March 28, 2022, 09:53:04 AM »
Has anyone gotten SLAP PALS tattooed across their knuckles?
Will Smith.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"