Author Topic: Bs noseblunts on ledges  (Read 1643 times)

midnightsnack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -57
Bs noseblunts on ledges
« on: December 11, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
Whos got em? I've done them on rails before, but when it comes to a ledge I can never pull the trigger. Whenever I do I basically planting the wheels on top of the ledge and then fall end up falling backwards. I can't find that balance of pressure on the nose while standing on top. I'm also trying to come from the side of the ledge, not straight on.

Anyone got some insider info?

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
Re: Bs noseblunts on ledges
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 03:58:36 AM »
Whos got em? I've done them on rails before, but when it comes to a ledge I can never pull the trigger. Whenever I do I basically planting the wheels on top of the ledge and then fall end up falling backwards. I can't find that balance of pressure on the nose while standing on top. I'm also trying to come from the side of the ledge, not straight on.

Anyone got some insider info?

i cant even make myself try them anymore, stuck & slammed on my tailbone one too many times tryna learn em now i am terrified of em haha

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 02:19:46 AM »
find a kicker and skate it like an up ledge.  you want it to stick at first, you just wanna get real comfortable with getting into the position and sitting in it.  as you get more comfortable with this go a bit faster and try slide it a tiny bit.  you gotta lean back heaps. 

so anyway then go to a low flat ledge and try it and if you lean back like you were on the kicker you should slide

i dont know if muscle memory is the right term here some tricks feel just impossible but if you try it enough you get more comfortable with the movements
listen to cosmic psychos

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »
I used to get them pretty often, but haven’t done one in a few years, so take it with a grain of salt.

I used go stay stuck and get bucked backwards just like you, what really helped me was once I was in position, i’d put most of my weight on the toe side wheel and it’d just powerslide right through. Much easier said than done of course, but once I figured this out they became easier. I’d always stick if my weight was distributed evenly. Also, don’t pop too high, you want to get just enough pop so your wheels end up in position, which wakes it much easier to slide. If you land too hard it’ll stick no matter the ledge.

Now i’m old and don’t skate much anymore and it’d probably take a whole day to get just one.

If you live somewhere where it’s cold, find a patch of ice or smooth marble and practice back noseblunt powerslides, that’s how I figured out the weight thing
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:16:14 AM by TheBoognish »

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 01:30:39 PM »
I used to get them pretty often, but haven’t done one in a few years, so take it with a grain of salt.

I used go stay stuck and get bucked backwards just like you, what really helped me was once I was in position, i’d put most of my weight on the toe side wheel and it’d just powerslide right through. Much easier said than done of course, but once I figured this out they became easier. I’d always stick if my weight was distributed evenly. Also, don’t pop too high, you want to get just enough pop so your wheels end up in position, which wakes it much easier to slide. If you land too hard it’ll stick no matter the ledge.

Now i’m old and don’t skate much anymore and it’d probably take a whole day to get just one.

If you live somewhere where it’s cold, find a patch of ice or smooth marble and practice back noseblunt powerslides, that’s how I figured out the weight thing

Dude this was really helpful. Also, Ween is one of my favorite bands ever. Listen to this... hail Boognish!

Drucksache

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:12:35 AM »
1. Look for ledge which is rather short (1,5m max.) and which is approachable from the front. Learning to slide is
    way easier if you jumg in from the front and not from the side.
2. Get familiar with bs lipslides on the ledge (approaching from the front) to feel the ledge out. This will also help
    you to get a good grasp of the weight distribution because it is pretty similar to bs noseblunts.
3. Footplacement: bs 180 foot position. Make sure that your toes do not hang off the nose when you get into the
    slide
4. Slide: Pretend to stand on your toes with your frontfoot. That´s how you automatically pinch your nose down.
    Shoulders should stay parallel to the ledge.
5. Pop out: Unwind, put pressure of your toes.

That is how I learned them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:17:20 AM by Drucksache »