Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300455 times)

mclovin1336

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1950 on: October 27, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »
love the new season so far, but didnt catch all episodes yet. in the recent one they are referring to critical slap post, which one was it?

kook1234

• Rep: 133
« Reply #1951 on: October 27, 2022, 08:32:54 AM »
Surrey is the kind of guy you could trust your daughter with

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1952 on: October 27, 2022, 08:39:46 AM »
Anyone know who surrey’s gf is ? It’s weird but I wanna see the mark Gonzalez/nyjah of street roller skating lol

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1953 on: October 27, 2022, 09:00:14 AM »
I’m a fellow Canadian and roughly their age, and at least from my perspective Rick Howard wasn’t really on my radar growing up. His last full part might have been yeah right? I’m probably getting that wrong, but from what I remember he never really put out too much footage aside from a clip here and there in trip videos. So I can kinda see why he wasn’t including.

All that being said, I’m a Rickk fan now. Just growing up he didn’t have the same appeal as a Koston or Rowley or whoever.
Fully Flared. I'm the same age as Cephas. Personally Rickk would be number 1 for me. But, I can see your point. Yeah Right, he's actually in a Montage with Guy, Tony and Jeron, but has atleast 90 secs of footage. If I had to do a top 5 I think it'd be Rickk, Apples, McCrank, Wade and Bobby, but leaving off Morgan hurts.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1954 on: October 27, 2022, 01:56:23 PM »
Really surprised Morgan was left off, considering he’s a main part of their particular crew.  Spenny and Wade are on the list.  Was totally expecting Stenger to be in there. Wade has even been vocal about how good he was.  Waking up to Trav stomping flatground tricks before anyone woke up, then took a shower to start the day

stokelord

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1955 on: October 27, 2022, 02:11:50 PM »
Anyone know who surrey’s gf is ? It’s weird but I wanna see the mark Gonzalez/nyjah of street roller skating lol

http://youtu.be/uvx7qgKqtVs

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1956 on: October 27, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce_n22DFylw/?hl=en

Kind of funny how he says this is different than aggressive rollerblading. Can't say it's that much better.

The Nyjah of rollerblading was a girl named Fabiola da Silva

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChF_vwXJyBe/
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1957 on: October 28, 2022, 02:59:19 AM »
Fun female rollerblader story: I went to school in san francisco and my first day on the campus I saw a girl on rollerblades grind the ±17 stair on the backside of the war memorial gym with a filmer and everything. I knew California would be different but in that moment, I was mindblown. The rail is long and tall, on the other side is a narrow drop to flatground, i think like jamie foy and the maxallure dudes have skated it.

Coincidentally Jack Curtin mentions the rail in his bunt interview, which is next to the former USF smoking garden.
BE LIKE WATER

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1958 on: October 28, 2022, 03:02:31 PM »
After watching all of those Donny Barley videos, my biggest takeaway is that I didn’t realize how few Barley grinds he actually filmed. Boss move to invent a trick, have it named after you, and then hardly ever do it again.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1959 on: October 28, 2022, 07:21:06 PM »
smolik has to be the most insufferable dude

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #1960 on: November 03, 2022, 01:45:04 AM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1961 on: November 03, 2022, 02:05:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kind of funny how he says this is different than aggressive rollerblading. Can't say it's that much better.

Rollerskating is weird to me. Participants are 95% women, they have 2 trucks / 4 wheels per foot and are more accepted at parks than inline skater.s Popularity has exploded in the last year and overtaken inline as the pre-dominant rollerskating from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 02:29:35 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #1962 on: November 08, 2022, 06:18:42 AM »
It sounded like Fabiana's answers to wort team mate and last person you want on the sesh were re-recorded. Funny how often this seems to occur given the questions are always the same
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1963 on: November 08, 2022, 09:14:41 AM »
This has happened a few times on this pod and a bunch more pods I’ve noticed, it’s understandable and I’ll take it over some 3hr episode where they talk about nothing.  Over editing is better than under editing….

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #1964 on: November 08, 2022, 10:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rollerskating is weird to me. Participants are 95% women, they have 2 trucks / 4 wheels per foot and are more accepted at parks than inline skater.s Popularity has exploded in the last year and overtaken inline as the pre-dominant rollerskating from what I've seen.

COVID was most definitely the spark for people (rad gals) starting to roller skate. Here we are 2 years out and the progression is starting to show. I know quite a few roller babes who got into roller skating. It's not the coolest thing in the world but I can back anyone who's gettin after it on a mini ramp.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #1965 on: November 08, 2022, 10:39:30 AM »
It sounded like Fabiana's answers to wort team mate and last person you want on the sesh were re-recorded. Funny how often this seems to occur given the questions are always the same

they've redone that a few times, not even worst teammate but definitely hear recuts in the rapid-fire segment, I think that why it isn't as good as it used to be, is people think about their answers and change them.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1966 on: November 08, 2022, 10:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they've redone that a few times, not even worst teammate but definitely hear recuts in the rapid-fire segment, I think that why it isn't as good as it used to be, is people think about their answers and change them.

which is silly as christmas shit considering the guests have to know what they're getting into

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1967 on: November 08, 2022, 12:29:35 PM »
I think if they're gonna rerecord it they should put the original take up on Patreon or somewhere

It's obvious the Bunt has way more of an effect on the industry now than when it first started. So pros are probably not as down to talk shit on it as they used to be. Or maybe in the heat of the moment people say shit and then after they sleep on it they realize that there's no need to drag someone like that

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1968 on: November 08, 2022, 01:38:07 PM »
I think a lot of pros don’t necessarily listen to the pod so they don’t have anything prepared.  In Donny Barleys he talks about the opioid crisis later and I think it’s added in, I’m psyched they did that and realize he may not have been able to drop that odd the dome.  The guys have said they aren’t there to drop some hot take expose on skateboarding no matter how much we enjoy it. 

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #1969 on: November 08, 2022, 02:08:24 PM »
i always wonder how many times they have had to edit out "what's that mean" when they get to "biggest bunt you've ever witnessed" in the rapid fire section
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #1970 on: November 08, 2022, 02:29:26 PM »
I don't think they have ever asked a guess to extrapolate on an answer, spicy or not. This season's barn has been burning around 30-50 degrees cooler in my sucker ass opinion.

Also, those NFL/NBA/Hockey/Fuckin Croqet letters & voice notes need to migrate on over to the RUNDOWN section, respectfully.

I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1971 on: November 08, 2022, 03:12:28 PM »
Personally, I’m annoyed by their limited palettes when ordering from Maker Pizza.  A quick glance at their menu shows that Matty is workin with much more than the same 4-5 things they order every time.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1972 on: November 08, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
I don't think they have ever asked a guess to extrapolate on an answer, spicy or not. This season's barn has been burning around 30-50 degrees cooler in my sucker ass opinion.

Also, those NFL/NBA/Hockey/Fuckin Croqet letters & voice notes need to migrate on over to the RUNDOWN section, respectfully.

they sometimes ask ‘is there a story to go with that’ when people name names. not always tho.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1973 on: November 08, 2022, 03:53:08 PM »
Personally, I’m annoyed by their limited palettes when ordering from Maker Pizza.  A quick glance at their menu shows that Matty is workin with much more than the same 4-5 things they order every time.

The offerings are quite good, but I’m guilty of ordering the same thing over and over. Usually when we’d eat there we’d get the dr pepperoni every time, then a rotating second pizza.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1974 on: November 08, 2022, 05:11:09 PM »
Maker's pizza is so overrated, it's like slightly elevated Dominos at 5x the price. No thanks, much better pizza available in the city.

Kevin Braun tomorrow, don't know much about the dude, let's see let's see.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1975 on: November 08, 2022, 05:45:24 PM »
I think a lot of pros don’t necessarily listen to the pod so they don’t have anything prepared.  In Donny Barleys he talks about the opioid crisis later and I think it’s added in, I’m psyched they did that and realize he may not have been able to drop that odd the dome.  The guys have said they aren’t there to drop some hot take expose on skateboarding no matter how much we enjoy it.

Definitely edited in but it was for the better, it's a heavy topic and the hosts and guest wanted to give it the proper air time.

The Tyler Surrey episode was rad, now I feel compelled to get a Sk8mafia board.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1976 on: November 09, 2022, 07:22:25 AM »
Nice to have a good excuse to watch the Pyramid Country vids again. Listening to the episode now and just finding out that the “Double Rock” skatepark is no longer around, that sucks.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #1977 on: November 13, 2022, 05:34:53 PM »
Whos got the connect with Raymond Molinar? tell him to get that episode released

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #1978 on: November 14, 2022, 10:21:14 AM »
i always wonder how many times they have had to edit out "what's that mean" when they get to "biggest bunt you've ever witnessed" in the rapid fire section

Wow, that never crossed my mind, english is my second language so I always assumed that ¨Bunt¨ was a slang/common in skateboarding, just like ¨Gnarly¨  that I never heard it outside skateboarding.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1979 on: November 14, 2022, 01:18:44 PM »
Kevin Braun was a solid mellow listen. Typical fairly-fried skate rat but glad to see him get some shine. The Pier 7 part is a great watch.

I don’t care either way for Lord of the Rings, but more non-skate talk is welcome for the future. It’s a good way to round out the interview & interviewee.. some subjects are too generic to be interesting and the skate talk gets redundant quickly, i.e. “I dunno” “He was getting smoked” “He just did it so quick”

Still dig the Bunt boys and the investment they put into this.