Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300311 times)

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1800 on: July 09, 2022, 10:14:26 PM »
http://www.instagram.com/reel/CfzTGAFJLrF/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Man, that looked like such a fun event. I’m gonna make a point to go next year. So cool to see the bunt boys put on something so sick.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1801 on: July 09, 2022, 10:46:37 PM »
It’s unfair these dudes don’t put one out every single week. I understand why, but they’re the fucking best.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1802 on: July 10, 2022, 05:42:18 PM »
Not sure if the backboard on a vert wall has ever been done before but it's genius. The bunt boys killed it and I hope this becomes an annual event.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1803 on: July 10, 2022, 06:10:11 PM »
Not sure if the backboard on a vert wall has ever been done before but it's genius. The bunt boys killed it and I hope this becomes an annual event.

Currens alleyoop² was so good.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1804 on: July 10, 2022, 08:11:44 PM »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1805 on: July 11, 2022, 08:03:02 AM »
Really hoping there’s an edit from the bunt jam. Even if it’s just a bunch of peoples insta clips and b roll edited together.  Looked like a ton of fun.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1806 on: July 11, 2022, 10:18:39 AM »
Really hoping there’s an edit from the bunt jam. Even if it’s just a bunch of peoples insta clips and b roll edited together.  Looked like a ton of fun.

Seen some big boy cameras in a lot of the IG clips I’ve seen so I’m hopeful for an edit.

Pretty cool to see how viral some of the dunk clips are going. I’m sure sponsors are happy so hopefully that means it’ll happen again next year.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #1807 on: July 11, 2022, 11:07:28 AM »
It was super fun and well put together, had a blast. Glory Challenge vibes. Fun events/obstacles with lots of ripping. There will for sure be a proper edit to come out, they had some legit guys filming everything.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #1808 on: July 11, 2022, 05:26:47 PM »
this was one of the best skate-related events i ever went to.

the after party on saturday was hilariously out of pocket
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 07:33:25 PM by left knee cap »

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1809 on: July 11, 2022, 06:37:30 PM »
This is going on my list of events I hope to make it to along with Copenhagen open & dime glory challenge if this happens again.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1810 on: July 11, 2022, 06:56:30 PM »
Seems like the Bunt Jam was a huge hit. I can’t wait for the recap video. Almost makes me want to move back to T-Dot…almost…

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #1811 on: August 30, 2022, 06:08:29 AM »
Bunt boys will be blessing us with another season starting in September!

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1812 on: August 30, 2022, 11:37:34 AM »
Fuck yeah, these dudes had an eventful summer. Looking forward to hearing some behind the scenes talk about the bunt jam & what not.

Dr Hass

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1813 on: September 20, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »
Bunt is back tomorrow, with Miles Silvas…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ciu77oRJOXf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1814 on: September 20, 2022, 12:18:22 PM »
I guess it’s a sign of the times when people aren’t ashamed to say they want to win skateboarding. Still leaves a bad flavor in my mouth.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1815 on: September 20, 2022, 12:37:53 PM »
I guess it’s a sign of the times when people aren’t ashamed to say they want to win skateboarding. Still leaves a bad flavor in my mouth.

what is wrong with wanting to win soty ? You probably get a nice check from your sponsors and can chill for a few years after that

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1816 on: September 20, 2022, 12:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what is wrong with wanting to win soty ? You probably get a nice check from your sponsors and can chill for a few years after that

It promotes progression too, I’d argue. At the rate skateboarding was headed from 2017-2021 people would be back to kick turning asphalt banks on plank decks if we don’t cull the heard of curbs a bit.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1817 on: September 20, 2022, 12:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's kind of like the difference between giving money to a homeless person, but video taping it and posting to Instagram for likes, rather than for improving the well being of another human. In other words, there is a certain stoke that occurs when someone is in it for the love vs. in it for the accolades.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

thebacker

« Reply #1818 on: September 20, 2022, 12:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's kind of like the difference between giving money to a homeless person, but video taping it and posting to Instagram for likes, rather than for improving the well being of another human. In other words, there is a certain stoke that occurs when someone is in it for the love vs. in it for the accolades.

dude noooooooooooooo

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1819 on: September 20, 2022, 01:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

SOTY isn't a 'fair' race. It's not actually something a lot of the guys are in with a chance to 'win'. Burnett earmarks his choice pretty early on in the year. He created a rod for his back in 2019 with the Milton/Mark situation.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1820 on: September 20, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it does not have to be black or right you know.
You can love skateboarding with all your heart, feeling this ball of excitment in your belly laying in bed at night knowing you will have a good session the next day and still want to win soty. And I don't know if that is the case for him, who knows.
Some people love competition, some don't, some say they don't care about winning but secretly do. Nothing wrong with all those things.
It's not like he posted a instagram story saying "SOTY I am coming for you", that would be tad ridiculous and over the top. He answered a question honestly, also he rides for primitive and adidas, imo it's feels pretty "right" for him to care about this. If Max Palmer said that, it wouls be weird but still okay.
I mean that's just my take on it, I don't know shit.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1821 on: September 20, 2022, 01:09:11 PM »
#sotymax

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1822 on: September 20, 2022, 11:01:25 PM »
Word is Manchild caused a scene with the Bunt guys at the Copenhagen Open, so I'm curious to see if they talk about this in the intro.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1823 on: September 20, 2022, 11:46:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get it but it’s also their job and their entire sense of worth. I’m not too fussed with the modern SOTY push but I don’t begrudge dudes for trying.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1824 on: September 20, 2022, 11:47:23 PM »
Word is Manchild caused a scene with the Bunt guys at the Copenhagen Open, so I'm curious to see if they talk about this in the intro.

What word is that?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1825 on: September 21, 2022, 04:38:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What word is that?

Jack O'Grady mentions it in a new interview, not sure what magazine, just got sent that snippet.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #1826 on: September 21, 2022, 01:46:33 PM »
Maybe he was giving them shit about getting shit about his act at Tampa.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1827 on: September 21, 2022, 02:28:36 PM »
Maybe he was giving them shit about getting shit about his act at Tampa.
Haha, more likely for shitting on him for being a complete drunk idiot at some contest in MTL where he and Korahn Gayle were the only pros skating. Whereas Korahn was cool and laid back, Manchild was acting like a moron and snaking people.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1828 on: September 22, 2022, 12:17:19 PM »
Listening to it now. The Andy Mac story has me dying.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1829 on: September 22, 2022, 12:25:11 PM »
Listening to it now. The Andy Mac story has me dying.

That story and the accidentally texting Lakai to quit were hilarious.  Solid first episode from the Bunt Boys