Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 309051 times)

Hevonen, Clayton, schralp pal, heelbite and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -227
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2250 on: April 20, 2023, 01:40:44 AM »
When Clyde said him and Kareem looking like Eric B. & Rakim I laughed pretty hard but then I wondered if the Bunt guys know who that even is, actually Clizza dropped a bunch of names that I’m sure they had no idea who he was talking about.
Still overall great episode even if they both basically admitted they would ride for Cariuma for 5k a month.

Sidebar: Would you ride for Cariuma for 5k a month?
Only thing is you have to always wear the shoes in public and also sport Cariuma t shirts from time to time.
PLUS you are not allowed to tell anyone that you are getting paid 5k a month.

Fucking obviously. What are you 16 year old trust fund kid? 5k a month to wear some shoes and a t-shirt from time to time. Sign me up.

IpathCats

« Reply #2251 on: April 20, 2023, 06:58:37 AM »
"I would say Ricky Oyola cus he might call me the N word, but that might be a lil too harsh"

BOMB DROPPED hahahaha, gotta love when a real one comes on to spit his shit. so good.

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #2252 on: April 20, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »
Psyched for Clyde. At least on paper, this must be a good one, a shit-talker on a shit-talking show. I love it already.
The last 2 episodes have been the farthest from the "barn burners" The Bunt has ever been.
wade fyfe episode was great if you live in ottawa

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2253 on: April 20, 2023, 01:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
When Clyde said him and Kareem looking like Eric B. & Rakim I laughed pretty hard but then I wondered if the Bunt guys know who that even is, actually Clizza dropped a bunch of names that I’m sure they had no idea who he was talking about.
Still overall great episode even if they both basically admitted they would ride for Cariuma for 5k a month.

Sidebar: Would you ride for Cariuma for 5k a month?
Only thing is you have to always wear the shoes in public and also sport Cariuma t shirts from time to time.
PLUS you are not allowed to tell anyone that you are getting paid 5k a month.
[close]

So I would have to accept an income stream I've never dared to hope for that easily covers all my family's monthly costs for basically no work on my part, or I could kEeP iT rEaL? C'mon man, that's not a question.

btw: Hi Cephas, hi Donovan. Terrific season so far. Appreciate you!
Ok first of all, I apologize in advance for this really long response I’m about to drop, but I don’t know where you live and how big your family is but 5 grand a month easily covers all of your family’s living costs?

For argument’s sake let’s say you have a wife and two kids and your wife is taking care of the kids so she doesn’t work.
60k a year might be great for you if you live somewhere like Oklahoma or South Dakota (there’s probably cheaper places but just spitballing here) but I live in one of the most expensive cities in the country and that kind of dough for a family of four is not going to get you much in reality.

Would 60 grand a year be nice just for wearing some shoes?
Yeah it definitely would be pretty great, I never said I wouldn’t take it but I never said I would either.

My wife and I both work and our combined income is more than 60 grand a year so 5k a month is not quit your job type of money by any stretch.
If you’re single and don’t live in a city where the cost of living is ridiculous, you’ll probably be doing swell.
Balling? Not really but you’d be comfortable I guess.
It’s not exactly life changing money in 2023 is what I’m saying.

I wouldn’t quit my job and neither would my wife but yeah 5 grand a month would definitely help most people, absolutely.
I’m not sure how many people would ride for Braille or Revive for five grand a month but maybe they’d consider it?

Who knows, I just thought it was funny to hear people on a show that constantly shit on a shitty shoe brand and have guests on their show lconstantly shit on that same shitty shoe brand all the time basically say that they would ride for that same shitty shoe brand for not that much money when you think about it, all the while their entire show is basically sponsored by a different major shoe brand that is probably universally considered by most skateboarders to be not shitty.

If I was working for Cariuma I would immediately make the Bunt guys an offer to sponsor their show.
A big one.
Like serious life changing quit your job type money.
They can afford it.
Imagine how much sales and street cred that would equate to, certainly way more than what they are working with now.

How much would it take to be “the number one shoe in skateboarding “ on “the number one podcast in skateboarding “?
Sounds like it’s negotiable, Cariuma, how much you got?

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #2254 on: April 20, 2023, 09:28:05 PM »
"I would say Ricky Oyola cus he might call me the N word, but that might be a lil too harsh"

BOMB DROPPED hahahaha, gotta love when a real one comes on to spit his shit. so good.

That and his comment on white dudes with cornrows looking like Predator had me fucking dying. Great interview, Clyde is a funny dude and he had some great stories.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2255 on: April 21, 2023, 12:37:22 AM »
Ok first of all, I apologize in advance for this really long response I’m about to drop, but I don’t know where you live and how big your family is but 5 grand a month easily covers all of your family’s living costs?

You could've just asked and waited for a reply before you made all these assumptions about my living situation. Would've saved you a lot of typing.

The way you phrased your initial question made it sound like I wouldn't have to quit my job for the 5k, but that it'd rather be supplemental income in return for wearing shoes and sometimes a shirt. That's as close to free money as anything's ever gonna get. If you're asking if I would quit my job to wear Cariuma for 5k/month, that's a different question, but 5k on top of my own earnings every month would definitely be lifechanging for the vast majority of the population. Lifechanging doesn't have to mean you'll get to live in a mansion. Simply not having to worry about making rent is something many people never experience in their life, a guaranteed 5k/month would absolutely change their lives dramatically. It's quite frankly either completely out of touch or straight up condescending to dispute that.

YawnJawns

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2256 on: April 21, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You could've just asked and waited for a reply before you made all these assumptions about my living situation. Would've saved you a lot of typing.

The way you phrased your initial question made it sound like I wouldn't have to quit my job for the 5k, but that it'd rather be supplemental income in return for wearing shoes and sometimes a shirt. That's as close to free money as anything's ever gonna get. If you're asking if I would quit my job to wear Cariuma for 5k/month, that's a different question, but 5k on top of my own earnings every month would definitely be lifechanging for the vast majority of the population. Lifechanging doesn't have to mean you'll get to live in a mansion. Simply not having to worry about making rent is something many people never experience in their life, a guaranteed 5k/month would absolutely change their lives dramatically. It's quite frankly either completely out of touch or straight up condescending to dispute that.

Prime example of ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2257 on: April 21, 2023, 11:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fair enough dude, I agree that 5k of free money on top of earnings for almost anyone is a good deal and a lot of people would take it, no doubt.

I still don’t think it’s as much of a no brainer as some people think it is though.

A no brainer type situation to me, anyway would be something like Ryan Sheckler Red Bull type shit, like say a company that pretty much sucks and you probably hate offered you a million dollars a year and all you had to do was wear a hat every day, that is the kind of situation where you can quit your job and live off that shit.

Basically to ride some awful shit like Cariuma I just think the money should be some fuck off, ludicrous type cash. They’ve got it.
Why do you think anyone rides for them in the first place?

I’m sure a lot of cats that skate for Nike or adidas or Converse or even Vans don’t make 5 grand a month from them but if Cariuma came calling with that offer do you think it’s a no brainer for them to jump ship and take that loot?

Board companies don’t pay a lot per month, I think that’s been well documented.
I’d be surprised if there’s a lot of pros getting 5k a month just from their board company and if they are getting that god bless em.

If Braille or Revive or whatever shit company started offering guys 5 grand a month to ride for them I don’t think a lot dudes would be quitting their board sponsors for that amount.
A million dollars a year though?
Probably gonna have a bunch of takers.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2258 on: April 21, 2023, 12:40:03 PM »
my poor ass would be living like a king with 5k a month
check my music

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2259 on: April 21, 2023, 10:04:15 PM »
The post office has been funny as hell recently, i love how they’re chirpin back at people

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2260 on: April 22, 2023, 07:17:15 AM »
When I saw Clyde skate in person in SF a few times in like 1999 when Aesthetics first started he'd drop constant jokes like those but never in a mean way or meant to be mean to someone on the sesh. Fun clowning.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2261 on: April 22, 2023, 10:19:48 AM »
When I saw Clyde skate in person in SF a few times in like 1999 when Aesthetics first started he'd drop constant jokes like those but never in a mean way or meant to be mean to someone on the sesh. Fun clowning.

I personally miss that shit.

Getting old sucks

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2262 on: April 22, 2023, 11:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gotta be one of the worst styles in skateboarding (Clyde)
[close]

Hell no. Not even the worst style on any of the teams he was on.
[close]
Yeah, one of the best fakie skaters I've ever seen. Maybe the worst style on 101 in the Trilogy era, but 101 of Marcus McBride, Dill, Gino and Natas is the most stylish team of all time. And, that's a maybe.

Nah. Maybe by the last 20 years standards but he was fun to watch. My first mag was a Transworld from 94 that he had a spotlight or some shit for and had a fucking sick photo of an inward heel flip in. First video, a fewish months later was 411 11 or 12 he had checkout or some shit in. Skating to mobb deep. Shit was dope! Has a nasty behind the board push. Check that shit out

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2263 on: April 23, 2023, 11:54:42 PM »
Very entertaining episode. That story of him cracking his skull was crazy, but he definitely acted like a total moron at every single step and can be lucky to be alive. I couldn't help thinking about the Idiocracy intro when he told the tale...

contract

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2264 on: April 26, 2023, 08:34:48 AM »
Chris Wimer episode is up.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #2265 on: April 26, 2023, 09:36:41 AM »
Him shitting on Mystery/Fallen wasn’t on my bingo card but I’m here for it.  I’m really impressed, but mostly bewildered, that anyone would put their body on the line the way he does without getting paid accordingly for it.  Especially when he’s smart enough to run his own business.  Maybe a co-sign from the Chief was a career-maker back in Dying To Live days, but it’s a career killer now.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #2266 on: April 26, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »
Great skate banter on that one.

The davis gap in particular was rad to hear.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:13:41 PM by schralp pal »

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2267 on: April 26, 2023, 01:22:40 PM »
Him shitting on Mystery/Fallen wasn’t on my bingo card but I’m here for it.  I’m really impressed, but mostly bewildered, that anyone would put their body on the line the way he does without getting paid accordingly for it.  Especially when he’s smart enough to run his own business.  Maybe a co-sign from the Chief was a career-maker back in Dying To Live days, but it’s a career killer now.

Jamie’s speechcraft is leveled up pretty high.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2268 on: April 26, 2023, 01:45:55 PM »
That was a solid rapid fire

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2269 on: April 26, 2023, 08:18:31 PM »
So I finally caught up on the Clyde Singleton one, will probably check the Wimer one tomorrow. But, the Singleton one for me is an all-timer. I'm a sucker for early to mid-90's World Industries or Crailtap shit (since Crailtap basically was Crail taking a shitton of World's best skaters that weren't named Way, Kareem, Daewon or Henry). Clyde wasn't afraid to let loose, had crazy stories, and had one of the best rapid-fire call outs I've seen (The last person you want on the sesh Ricky O call out). This may be getting me to rewatch Trilogy and Ryde or Die tonight.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2270 on: April 27, 2023, 06:46:13 AM »
That not so rapid fire was so funny

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2271 on: April 27, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »
First time I’ve heard a pro skater talking about gut health. Right on! Dude’s got a wicked flick for sure and he kept the interview moving along nicely. Love how Cephas forgot it was a Rapid Fire too heheh.

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #2272 on: May 02, 2023, 09:06:57 PM »
What time exactly do the episodes come out?

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2273 on: May 02, 2023, 10:19:47 PM »
Ducky up next

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #2274 on: May 03, 2023, 10:55:52 AM »
I feel like pizza skateboards comes up so much on the bunt this ducky episode should be pretty good...

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #2275 on: May 03, 2023, 10:57:08 AM »
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

Manchild season finale confirmed?

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #2276 on: May 03, 2023, 01:07:49 PM »
i hope not
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2277 on: May 03, 2023, 01:27:39 PM »
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

Manchild season finale confirmed?
I know in the Vincent Alvarez episode, he  tried calling them out on talking about Manchild so I thought they were maybe trying to avoid more of his homies trying to defend him again or something related

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #2278 on: May 03, 2023, 02:04:41 PM »
Lol Vincent alvarez intimidating da Ghost.???? No way

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2279 on: May 09, 2023, 04:15:30 PM »
Reese Forbes tomorrow!