Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread  (Read 113698 times)

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
Re: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread
« Reply #1020 on: February 03, 2021, 01:50:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Have to disagree about Zero still being BBS - I had one in the spring that was definitely NOT BBS, and wasn't old Dwindle stock either. Apparently Clutch is getting a lot of business from brands that usually use BBS but are having issues with wait times (and I've heard they also got ex BBS staff). I've been keeping an eye on our Zero stock at the shop (we are loosely affiliated with the Canadian Zero dist), and they all seem to be from the same manufacturer since the spring at least. I recently rode a board that I know was pressed at Clutch - after that I have a pretty good eye for Clutch decks, and I'm about 90% sure that's what Zero boards are these days.

Don't get too hung up on the little divot punch by the truck holes - multiple woodshops do that. What you need to pay attention to is the routing of the edges, the dye colors, and the concave. Our Zero boards have very telltale routing that points to Clutch (inconsistent routing that leans more towards too much round over than too little), and the dyes also aren't reflective of BBS stock. Clutch's orange is pretty identifiable. I noticed Theories has switched to Clutch as well, at least all the last shipment we got was Clutch.
[close]

The reason why I stopped skating hoops and traffic boards. Couldn't get down with the clutch wood. Unfortunate too.

I’ve got a board from the latest Hopps run and it’s BBS.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #1021 on: February 03, 2021, 10:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah we definitely need a new thread and updated list. Reason I brought up the PS Stix is I saw this post from socal and TY was PS but not sure where they're getting made now. Clutch or DSM? Anyone seen those little stickers with the size on the decks before? Gonna look through the thread and see if a deck with that stickers been posted before as well. By the insta post I assume the team decks are DSM and the Pro boards are Clutch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1tzhgjvYd/?igshid=1gwvlrj6m9zxg
[close]

I’ve got a post a page or two back in the9” board thread. I have a Blood Wizard that is Clutch and it had the little round sticker. Underneath was the shape number.

I found it thanks. Socal actually confirmed it too when I emailed them. Said some are Clutch with the sticker and than others without the sticker but the shape laser etched are DSM.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

SmolikHands

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #1022 on: February 04, 2021, 02:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Those definitely look like Clutch from the pic - the round over on Clutch boards often goes through the dye a bit, as you can see in the edges of those brown boards. It's just not as solid and consistent as BBS routing.

Apparently, from what I've heard through different sources, Clutch intentionally makes molds similar to BBS for the very reason of courting BBS customers. I agree a lot of the common Clutch boards are steeper than the average BBS deck - and another tell for Clutch is that on those steep boards there's almost no flat space in the concave - it's a constant curve from edge to edge. Most visible when you put your trucks on via the space under the corners of your baseplates.

I think I know what you mean about the pronounced woodgrain - like they're ordering a different grade. The Zero's we have, and other Clutch boards I've seen, often have streaks of woodgrain that's a darker shade than the rest.

Stamping the shape code into the boards is something brands can ask to NOT have done, and I've seen Clutch decks with and without it.

I could take a photo of my orange Nonexistent deck that was Clutch, but between my camera, my computer, and your computers, who knows what shade you're really seeing. It's a darker shade than the most common BBS orange.

The reason I'm obsessing over this particular query is that I've been trying to pin down the characteristics of Clutch decks so I could identify them in the future. I finally had the chance to skate a deck that I know came from Clutch (the Nonexistent), and there were some obvious tells for me, so now it's easier for me to spot them in other brands stock. In Canada it seems like Zero went from BBS to Clutch sometime in 2020. That's just from inspecting the decks I've had access to. We sell a fair amount at the shop.
[close]

I follow quite a few accounts related to various woodshops and individuals who work in or run them, but this one still is up and I can send you a lot more info than I would just put on here, but yes that was definitely Clutch wood, as is the one below and yes Julio worked at BBS for a while before going to Clutch / ASF Manufacturing (as well as a pro skateboarder back in the day and had a number of successful companies too, including Neighborhood currently).

Of all the pics and info, there are very few orange tops, but this shows the much more detailed wood grain, as well as the darker orange stain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhLHJmyjrq-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhI3FCpjEx0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9xZjD_lATB/
[close]

I had  no idea Julio De La Cruz had anything to do with Clutch. Cool.

And yeah, that's the orange. Glad I figured out what Clutch boards look like because I can pretty much identify them by photo (if it's a good enough pic). I can see the other dye colors from the Zero batch in that photo of dyed veneers too.

Do any Clutch devotees know the WB on the K6 (8.125") shape?
The K5 (8" / 14 WB) on Forged 5.6 Ventures feels like heaven.  I'm desperate to find this shape but in a wider format. 
And in something that is readily available.       

Bender

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1023 on: February 04, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
Not surprised Clutch deleted their Instagram.
They were getting called out for their “support small business” marketing while simultaneously implementing policies that directly benefited larger clients with deeper pockets, namely demanding a dramatic per board price increase just to get your shit made and retroactively raising prices on orders that have been sitting in the queue for a literal year.
I get it, it’s capitalism, but just remember they threw the small guy directly under the bus.
At least they laid off the “we’re so core” image they were pushing.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1024 on: February 04, 2021, 07:10:55 PM »
Maybe not so much Woodshop related, as we all know where Real comes from, but I think this is maybe a bit relevant here, for people looking for good sizes in good wood.

Someone might have already posted this, or others might have seen it, but Real comes through with the goods again...

The question is for the grown man who wants the thinner board, are these now too small for you?

Classic Oval on R1 Construction
Orange 7.5 " x 29 " 12.75 " WB
Silver 7.75 " x 29.5 " 13 " WB
Yellow 8.06 " x 31.8 " 14.38 " WB
Red 8.12 " x 31.38 " 14 " WB
Black 8.25 " x 32 " 14.38 " WB
White 8.38 " x 32.25 " 14.5 " WB
Blue 8.5 " x 31.8 " 14.25 " WB

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK14NaUlMUk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzk-Qrl8MA/
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1025 on: February 06, 2021, 05:36:24 AM »
Doomsayers club wood question

Was it PS or Clutch or still at BBS?

I have tried looking but nothing is forthcoming, almost all older images of the top with BBS wood apart from the fresh drop at CCS, but the stickers are interesting and the instagram posts have some top images too.

This is the closest to current top images, so no PS laser engraving on one but looks like there is on the other...

Then the one that looks like the old BBS one on this deck, but it could also be an old board too.

https://shop.ccs.com/brand/doom-sayers

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK6_5HBlzn0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3GrmhLHJV/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:03:47 AM by Mbrimson88 »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1026 on: February 08, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »
anyone know scumcos current wood situation? are some ps and some pennswood or did they completely switch over to ps stix?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

coalition_msk

• Rep: 3
    • КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #1027 on: February 11, 2021, 05:16:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Those definitely look like Clutch from the pic - the round over on Clutch boards often goes through the dye a bit, as you can see in the edges of those brown boards. It's just not as solid and consistent as BBS routing.

Apparently, from what I've heard through different sources, Clutch intentionally makes molds similar to BBS for the very reason of courting BBS customers. I agree a lot of the common Clutch boards are steeper than the average BBS deck - and another tell for Clutch is that on those steep boards there's almost no flat space in the concave - it's a constant curve from edge to edge. Most visible when you put your trucks on via the space under the corners of your baseplates.

I think I know what you mean about the pronounced woodgrain - like they're ordering a different grade. The Zero's we have, and other Clutch boards I've seen, often have streaks of woodgrain that's a darker shade than the rest.

Stamping the shape code into the boards is something brands can ask to NOT have done, and I've seen Clutch decks with and without it.

I could take a photo of my orange Nonexistent deck that was Clutch, but between my camera, my computer, and your computers, who knows what shade you're really seeing. It's a darker shade than the most common BBS orange.

The reason I'm obsessing over this particular query is that I've been trying to pin down the characteristics of Clutch decks so I could identify them in the future. I finally had the chance to skate a deck that I know came from Clutch (the Nonexistent), and there were some obvious tells for me, so now it's easier for me to spot them in other brands stock. In Canada it seems like Zero went from BBS to Clutch sometime in 2020. That's just from inspecting the decks I've had access to. We sell a fair amount at the shop.
[close]

I follow quite a few accounts related to various woodshops and individuals who work in or run them, but this one still is up and I can send you a lot more info than I would just put on here, but yes that was definitely Clutch wood, as is the one below and yes Julio worked at BBS for a while before going to Clutch / ASF Manufacturing (as well as a pro skateboarder back in the day and had a number of successful companies too, including Neighborhood currently).

Of all the pics and info, there are very few orange tops, but this shows the much more detailed wood grain, as well as the darker orange stain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhLHJmyjrq-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhI3FCpjEx0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9xZjD_lATB/
[close]

I had  no idea Julio De La Cruz had anything to do with Clutch. Cool.

And yeah, that's the orange. Glad I figured out what Clutch boards look like because I can pretty much identify them by photo (if it's a good enough pic). I can see the other dye colors from the Zero batch in that photo of dyed veneers too.
[close]

Do any Clutch devotees know the WB on the K6 (8.125") shape?
The K5 (8" / 14 WB) on Forged 5.6 Ventures feels like heaven.  I'm desperate to find this shape but in a wider format. 
And in something that is readily available.       

SmolikHands

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1028 on: February 11, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »
damn.......thanks.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1029 on: February 15, 2021, 08:25:18 PM »
anyone know scumcos current wood situation? are some ps and some pennswood or did they completely switch over to ps stix?

Why yes, yes I do.

So the deal is that after the first PS run (which came out late 2019) they went back to PS with a bigger order.. probably the biggest one yet if I had to guess. Then the pandemic hit... and PS was hit EXTREMELY hard with production delays. That's why you'd see people who used them like Toy/Foundation/Flip/Pizza etc all moving to different wood shops. It was really fucking hard to get PS wood for a while. The stuff they did put out tended to be smaller batches and when they started to get back to work I think they prioritized bigger orders/companies that had been there for a long time so a smaller company only making their second order like Scumco kept getting pushed further and further down the line. The PS boards that are coming out this week (hopefully) were originally intended to be the summer 2020 line but they're just now being delivered.

A company can't really survive unless they have boards to sell they went to Pennswood after they were first delayed and had them re-run old graphics, which are the crazy ass acid trip stained boards that started popping up last summer. Since they kept getting delayed, they kept going back to Pennswood for more and more boards.

Now, before the pandemic I talked to Nick and at that point the idea seemed to be that the major runs would be PS but he was still going to do smaller batches of Pennswood pressed logo boards here and there. I'm not sure if that's still the plan, but I'll try to remember to ask next time I see him (which will probably be soon because I'm planning on buying a metric buttload of the new PS boards).

So basically, anything you see in a shop right now is 99% likely to be Pennswood. If it has a crazy ass stain or is a logo board then it's definitely PW. The new team/pro boards and re-issues will be PS. If you're still not sure which it is, PS will have the laser engraving and Pennswood will have a stack number stamped into the bottom between the back truck holes.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 08:51:18 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1030 on: February 15, 2021, 08:33:11 PM »
Doomsayers club wood question

Was it PS or Clutch or still at BBS?

I have tried looking but nothing is forthcoming, almost all older images of the top with BBS wood apart from the fresh drop at CCS, but the stickers are interesting and the instagram posts have some top images too.

This is the closest to current top images, so no PS laser engraving on one but looks like there is on the other...

https://cdn.ccs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/B/Q/BQ29F47-2.1612601208.jpg

https://cdn.ccs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/B/Q/BQ29F45-2.1612601208.jpg

https://cdn.ccs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/B/Q/BQ29F44-2.1612601577.jpg

Then the one that looks like the old BBS one on this deck, but it could also be an old board too.

https://cdn.ccs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/B/Q/BQ0BD60-2.1589457042.jpg

https://shop.ccs.com/brand/doom-sayers

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK6_5HBlzn0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3GrmhLHJV/

Traditionally they've been BBS. Some people get confused because they've often had their "Doom wood" logo laser etched in the same spot that PS boards are etched and for some reason a lot of people still think PS is the only wood shop that does this. Early in the pandemic they started using clutch wood and I think were screening their own boards for a while there. The latest drop seems to be back on BBS wood, although I could have sworn I saw one with a PS sticker but it was a small and fairly blurry image so it could have just been the red BBS warning sticker placed higher up the nose than it usually is.

We're starting to see the woodshop world stabilize a bit but since there was a huge shortage everyone was just getting boards wherever they could for a while so don't be surprised to see one company putting out boards from multiple woodshops for a while.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1031 on: February 15, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »
Has anyone bought a recent deck that's PS Stix? I'm looking online but I'm having trouble finding brands that have used them in the past. I know with the pandemic, brands have had to jump ship and use other woodshops to keep up but was just wondering if PS Stix was still doing the engraving or stickers on the top of the decks?

Also a PS aficionado here. Stickers and engraving still the same, boards seem to be flowing a lot more freely lately and there's plenty on the market if you know where to look. Beware with Toy Machine/Foundation that there's still some clutch, bbs, and china wood in their lineups so I'd advise emailing before purchasing or going to a shop and checking yourself. Plan B (HLC) and Flip (clutch) don't seem to be using PS at all anymore. That being said, here's a short and in no ways definitive list of PS boards that I've found or seen recently to hopefully help you track down what you're looking for.

- Street trash/Farm which are sold through 303boards
- Strangelove (very hard to find for a reasonable price at the moment because ever since they put the dunks out all the hypebeast/reseller types snatch them up in seconds when they go live... you pretty much have to find one in a shop... best bet right now is the Bird in a Bush or ghoul punk)
- New scumco line that should be releasing this week
- Quasi
- WKND
- Snack
- Birch

Companies that you can find PS boards from but have other wood on the market as well

- Toy Machine/Foundation
- Pizza (latest run is clutch)
- Dogtown
- Welcome (I think the latest run is BBS)

That's just off the top of my head. There's definitely more I just can't think of them right this second. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from one of them, but if not feel free to shoot me a PM with your desired measurements and concave and I'll try to find something for you.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1032 on: February 15, 2021, 09:16:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone bought a recent deck that's PS Stix? I'm looking online but I'm having trouble finding brands that have used them in the past. I know with the pandemic, brands have had to jump ship and use other woodshops to keep up but was just wondering if PS Stix was still doing the engraving or stickers on the top of the decks?
[close]

Also a PS aficionado here. Stickers and engraving still the same, boards seem to be flowing a lot more freely lately and there's plenty on the market if you know where to look. Beware with Toy Machine/Foundation that there's still some clutch, bbs, and china wood in their lineups so I'd advise emailing before purchasing or going to a shop and checking yourself. Plan B (HLC) and Flip (clutch) don't seem to be using PS at all anymore. That being said, here's a short and in no ways definitive list of PS boards that I've found or seen recently to hopefully help you track down what you're looking for.

- Street trash/Farm which are sold through 303boards
- Strangelove (very hard to find for a reasonable price at the moment because ever since they put the dunks out all the hypebeast/reseller types snatch them up in seconds when they go live... you pretty much have to find one in a shop... best bet right now is the Bird in a Bush or ghoul punk)
- New scumco line that should be releasing this week
- Quasi
- WKND
- Snack
- Birch

Companies that you can find PS boards from but have other wood on the market as well

- Toy Machine/Foundation
- Pizza (latest run is clutch)
- Dogtown
- Welcome (I think the latest run is BBS)

That's just off the top of my head. There's definitely more I just can't think of them right this second. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from one of them, but if not feel free to shoot me a PM with your desired measurements and concave and I'll try to find something for you.
THAT's the Good Homey treatment, right there, yo'!
That Rapedick is one solid cat, I tell ya'.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1033 on: February 23, 2021, 05:12:04 PM »
how’s pennswood hold up compared to pstix? i’ve been skating pstix for the past two years and wanna give a reveal deck a shot

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1034 on: February 23, 2021, 06:00:02 PM »
how’s pennswood hold up compared to pstix? i’ve been skating pstix for the past two years and wanna give a reveal deck a shot

Pretty much every Pennswood I’ve used lasts forever. They don’t snap on me, and keep their pop for the entire time I have the decks.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1035 on: February 23, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty much every Pennswood I’ve used lasts forever. They don’t snap on me, and keep their pop for the entire time I have the decks.
seconded, pennswood shits on ps stix imo. pop is crack, better than any other wood ive tried (including bbs) and it lasts.

definitely recommend. shame they dont press for more brands but if thats keeping the product a1 then so be it

if reveal is without a doubt pennswood im buying in
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1036 on: February 25, 2021, 11:07:29 PM »
Anyone know what's up with AWS / Habitat's top laser engravings?

Do they have the PS Stix engraving? Saw a few with the Regrow symbol on there, thought only Dwindle did that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1037 on: February 25, 2021, 11:11:19 PM »
I thought PS always says PS....I assume BBS....

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1038 on: February 26, 2021, 04:38:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
seconded, pennswood shits on ps stix imo. pop is crack, better than any other wood ive tried (including bbs) and it lasts.

definitely recommend. shame they dont press for more brands but if thats keeping the product a1 then so be it

if reveal is without a doubt pennswood im buying in

sorry i made a dumb assumption with the reveal decks. they haven’t gotten back to my dm.

for any canadian users. i just messaged birling and they said their shop decks vary from control to pennswood. they have two different shop decks and i’m assuming this would be the pennswood ones.

https://birlingtheottawa.com/collections/decks/products/birling-tie-dye-maman-deck

these ones might be the control ones:

https://birlingtheottawa.com/collections/decks/products/birling-chives-deck-pink

someone please correct me if i’m wrong

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1039 on: February 26, 2021, 09:38:36 AM »
I thought PS always says PS....I assume BBS....

My buddy has been seeing a few in Asia without the PS Stix laser engraving, just the Regrow one. HLC or their price point board they use for completes?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1040 on: February 27, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »

Maybe another thing like Toy boards, US get one supply from a more local woodshop and Asia / Australia get another...

Plan B here seems to be Clutch or similar feeling wood in all the latest lot, just no top stamp, but an older one still has clearly PS on it.  Others seem like they have changed as well, when I just had a look in a few local shops the other day.

The top laser engraving I saw of the latest Alien Workshop and Habitat still looked like BBS Alien and Habitat standard laser engraving, one other Habitat deck had PS line and Mexico nothing else, from an online pic, maybe a US shop (that I cannot remember now where from).

Specific BBS top laser look

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1041 on: February 27, 2021, 01:52:59 AM »
Found a current one definitely with PS on it on the Habitat shop.

https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/austyn-resolved-8-25

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1042 on: March 02, 2021, 04:50:47 AM »
Anybody knows where Sex skateboards & blaze supply are made? Getting my friend a board for his bday

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1043 on: March 02, 2021, 06:02:23 AM »

8" Habitat on BBS wood. 14" WB , pretty squared off shape similar to FA/ Older Habitat /AWS

pretty psyched to skate these.

And they look so good too!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1044 on: March 02, 2021, 07:09:28 AM »
Anybody knows where Sex skateboards & blaze supply are made? Getting my friend a board for his bday

You are in Sweden so only buy local, or general European continent, for where you can buy from I mean?

This is interesting doing a bit of research into brands I have never even heard of before (looks like wood similar to other brands the same shape and concave as a generic supplier):

https://sidewalkmag.com/skateboard-gear/reviews/sex-skateboard-deck-review-logo-deck.html

Sex skateboards, UK based and a few swipes on the first one below shows you the owner putting graphics on the boards, which look fairly generic, steeper type of kicks, lots of flat after the mounting holes and a black/white sticker on top between bolts, but no indication as to where they are from when looking up #sexskateboards online.

That hashtag might keep you busy for a minute though...  Lots of posts but not a whole lot have anything to do with skateboards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0O4qgnhoZ/

Maybe hit up these guys and ask about the wood:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFBxFTGMjJf/

As for Blaze Supply, they came from France, but really seem to have a presence in Brazil more than anywhere else, but from recent boards appear to be Control with older boards being similar shape and concave to BBS, more likely something like them, but could also easily be another China made wood supplier to someone with a heat transfer machine.

This looks like Control wood though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLo7jNYnBi6/

Same with these ones:

https://www.rockcity.com.br/shape-blaze-supply-x-gustavo-amaral-colorido/p/1135095

Older ones here:

https://www.rockcity.com.br/shape-blaze-supply-pipe-french-8-2-branco/p/1083932

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:33:40 AM by Mbrimson88 »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #1045 on: March 02, 2021, 07:15:53 AM »
made in Canada sticker used by control

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8l38qYlRLj/

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1046 on: April 30, 2021, 02:49:31 AM »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191998822880
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202561485626

anyone have even the slightest inclination as to who might be pressing these? not really much to go off other than "7 ply canadian maple" and a list of dimensions. no sticker on top ply, small indent on the bottom between the front truck holes.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1047 on: April 30, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »

anyone have even the slightest inclination as to who might be pressing these? not really much to go off other than "7 ply canadian maple" and a list of dimensions. no sticker on top ply, small indent on the bottom between the front truck holes.

I recognise some of those shaped boards as the same as an AU distributor here gets in, reasonable wood quality overall, made in a woodshop in China I believe, which is a bulk processor of blanks to big wholesale accounts, more than anything.

Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean others don't like them a lot and ride them because they are cheap and they have held up better than some other woodshop boards.

Concave varies between a few different boards, especially when you look at the shaped boards pics, but overall I would say they are medium / straight tails (no spoon concave) and would feel similar to Dwindle wood in concave more than anything else.

Looking at this pic they are decent shapes, but looking at the concave they all look kinda weird though...

Special = all their normal concave, same as all their regular popsicle decks

Nose = the coffin shape with mellow concave and the only one not in the special concave I had seen.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:52:32 PM by Mbrimson88 »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1048 on: May 01, 2021, 11:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I recognise some of those shaped boards as the same as an AU distributor here gets in, reasonable wood quality overall, made in a woodshop in China I believe, which is a bulk processor of blanks to big wholesale accounts, more than anything.

Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean others don't like them a lot and ride them because they are cheap and they have held up better than some other woodshop boards.

Concave varies between a few different boards, especially when you look at the shaped boards pics, but overall I would say they are medium / straight tails (no spoon concave) and would feel similar to Dwindle wood in concave more than anything else.

Looking at this pic they are decent shapes, but looking at the concave they all look kinda weird though...

Special = all their normal concave, same as all their regular popsicle decks

Nose = the coffin shape with mellow concave and the only one not in the special concave I had seen.

thanks for the info, wont lie skated the one i bought (just regular popsicle) and it felt a bit strange in terms of concave and i cant even describe it, but something felt a bit off. flips super quick too which is a weird feeling, will give it a few more sessions and see what it's like.