Author Topic: Quasi?  (Read 42962 times)

Kevve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Quasi?
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2021, 04:40:28 AM »
Have they changed to BBS woodshop yet? Wanna size down to 8.75 from 9 eventually but didnt like the PS wood feel.

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2021, 06:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
The next drop will be BBS and the original 8.25 shape will be there with a slightly longer tail. It felt real nice
[close]

i hope this does not comes across as rude in any way and my apologies if it does, but can i ask your source on this? only asking because i'm willing to hold out on a new deck if this is true. any time frame on that next drop?

I have a friend who is currently skating a “prototype” deck. He let me check it out.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2021, 08:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Personally I like the shape of their 8.0s much better.  They fit Thunders/Ventures way more.  The 8.125 I'd have to run Aces/Indies on since there is like no flat between the kicks and bolts.  Also I like a full kick but a square insanely short one gets kind of old after a while.  Plus it's PS so it feels shorter than what it actually lists.

My favorite Quasi shapes are their 8.0 x 32.375s, 8.25 x 32.375s and 8.375 x 32.25s.  I'd fuck with the 8.5 x 33 shape since it's similar (full bandaid style not FA no tail square kick shape) but it's a little bit too long for me.
[close]

I just got the 8.25 x 32.375 shape. The wb and width are accurate (8.25 and 32.375 ???), but the length is more like a 32, 31.95 ish and nowhere near actually 32.375
[close]

Did you put the length in the WB spot when typing? 32.23 is a long fucking wheelbase :P

That defiantly jibes with the other thread/comment about PSTIX measuring with a soft measuring tape accounting for the concave; truth be told the 'long' measurements have kept me off quasi (AW/Habitat) because I don't like long boards. But that also begs the question of if they're marked 'shorter' boards are, in fact, shorter than what they cite.

Makes me wonder if the FA measurements are done tip to tip even tho they are PStix.

Measured my Quasi Justin Henry 8.25 board and tip to tip it's 31.625. Honestly, I hate that they measure along the concave. Makes these decks seem so much longer than they actually are.

That said, This might be one of my favorite decks in recent memory with a square shape and medium concave. Paired with Ace classics (with 1/8" riders) it's my perfect set up. Now, I'm in wheel madness mode. Currently running 56mm Speedlab conical wheel but looking for something lighter and smaller. I'm between Spitfire tablets, OJ nomads, and Bones v2 Lock-ins. Any advice for me?

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Personally I like the shape of their 8.0s much better.  They fit Thunders/Ventures way more.  The 8.125 I'd have to run Aces/Indies on since there is like no flat between the kicks and bolts.  Also I like a full kick but a square insanely short one gets kind of old after a while.  Plus it's PS so it feels shorter than what it actually lists.

My favorite Quasi shapes are their 8.0 x 32.375s, 8.25 x 32.375s and 8.375 x 32.25s.  I'd fuck with the 8.5 x 33 shape since it's similar (full bandaid style not FA no tail square kick shape) but it's a little bit too long for me.
[close]

I just got the 8.25 x 32.375 shape. The wb and width are accurate (8.25 and 32.375 ???), but the length is more like a 32, 31.95 ish and nowhere near actually 32.375
[close]

Did you put the length in the WB spot when typing? 32.23 is a long fucking wheelbase :P

That defiantly jibes with the other thread/comment about PSTIX measuring with a soft measuring tape accounting for the concave; truth be told the 'long' measurements have kept me off quasi (AW/Habitat) because I don't like long boards. But that also begs the question of if they're marked 'shorter' boards are, in fact, shorter than what they cite.

Makes me wonder if the FA measurements are done tip to tip even tho they are PStix.
[close]

Measured my Quasi Justin Henry 8.25 board and tip to tip it's 31.625. Honestly, I hate that they measure along the concave. Makes these decks seem so much longer than they actually are.

That said, This might be one of my favorite decks in recent memory with a square shape and medium concave. Paired with Ace classics (with 1/8" riders) it's my perfect set up. Now, I'm in wheel madness mode. Currently running 56mm Speedlab conical wheel but looking for something lighter and smaller. I'm between Spitfire tablets, OJ nomads, and Bones v2 Lock-ins. Any advice for me?

Came here to ask if the latest drop is BBS yet, but since no one answered you yet I'd sSuggest radial slims or maybe Loophole teardrops? Both lighter and slimmer, and both pretty easily available in 52-54 mm range.

So... Anyone know if the latest drop is BBS?

baegis

• Rep: 28
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »

So... Anyone know if the latest drop is BBS?

Just got the Rizzo Sabbath from the latest drop and its PS Stix.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2021, 01:24:43 PM »
If they switch to BBS I’m never skating anything else
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »
Pretty sure they’re not switching and it’s all hype.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2021, 06:08:31 AM »
They probably signed a contract of some sort with ps and get a better deal than they would with bbs.

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2021, 06:34:27 AM »
I just wanted to say, I’ve been riding Quasi decks for a bit and this last reissue magiq 8.5 just didn’t feel right. Compared to all others I’ve ridden recently.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2021, 12:10:58 PM »
The second to last i bought felt a bit off at first then was fine, but my most recent from them is the best board I've had in a few years.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »
Got the new Quasi proto 2 and it said it was the same dimensions as my last deck, a Jake Johnson Time Chamber 8.5 x 32.25 x 14.25

The proto is 8.5 with a more aggressive taper to the real bolts, 14.125 wheelbase and under 32 in length

Kinda bummed it wasnt exactly the same as described but its working great for me. Kind of just wish I had that extra length

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2021, 11:09:25 PM »
Kind of just wish I had that extra length

*cough*

superleftswipebby

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2021, 10:33:08 AM »
for anyone who’s skated bdk’s shape, howd you enjoy it? shit is the flattest shape ive ever skated.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »
for anyone who’s skated bdk’s shape, howd you enjoy it? shit is the flattest shape ive ever skated.

That was one of the few decks, I couldn't make anything work on. Tail felt way too short, overall length also felt too short and mine broke after 2 sessions. And I wasn't mad about it. But I am sure others could enjoy it.
IG: @flowterspace

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
Based on some IG posts looks like there's gonna be a new drop any moment...

Pee nis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2021, 05:49:54 AM »

Snapped it backseating a kickflip second session. Felt almost too easy to flip due to how short it is. Couldn’t get used to it and went back to standard 8.25 square proto shape right after.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2021, 06:48:51 AM »

I skated a bunch of the one with the red face graphic and really liked the shape. I have another waiting to be set up. I'm short tho so I appreciate the shorter board length. I skated the 8.0 Quasi boards for a long time but I've come to like the shorter length of the 8.125 shape.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2021, 07:04:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was one of the few decks, I couldn't make anything work on. Tail felt way too short, overall length also felt too short and mine broke after 2 sessions. And I wasn't mad about it. But I am sure others could enjoy it.

this was my same sentiment. Was happy it broke so I could set up something a little steeper with a fuller tail

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2021, 07:40:44 AM »
Is it just me or do some of their shapes, like the Proto, have a flatter nose?

downtodevin

• Rep: 36
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2021, 08:57:34 AM »
Does anyone know about the sizes of the new release? Some of the 8.5 boards are listed at 33”. This seems kind of long, but maybe I’m crazy. Thanks!

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2021, 09:01:48 AM »
Does anyone know about the sizes of the new release? Some of the 8.5 boards are listed at 33”. This seems kind of long, but maybe I’m crazy. Thanks!

They always run two different dimension 8.5 decks.  Short one w/ around a 32" length and 14.25wb, and a longer one like you mentioned with a longer wheelbase.

Get hungry on it!

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2021, 12:37:09 PM »
Dane Barker’s board is manufactured by bbs so anyone who grabs one will have the first quasi boards pressed by them.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »
Dane Barker’s board is manufactured by bbs so anyone who grabs one will have the first quasi boards pressed by them.

damn this is good to hear. would love an 8" , 14" wb quasi from BBS with square kicks and steep concave

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »
are the shapes changing with the woodshop? ps boards usually taper towards the back trucks, havent seen bbs boards that have that feature
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »
Haven't seen them in person yet but when they arrive I'll let you know.

superleftswipebby

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2021, 03:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They always run two different dimension 8.5 decks.  Short one w/ around a 32" length and 14.25wb, and a longer one like you mentioned with a longer wheelbase.

aww mane that’s the dream shape right there

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I seem to recall seeing one that had around 15" wheelbase, which was probably the 33 long version.

At the time I thought it was a weird one, seeing as everything else was on the shorter side, but I guess someone liked it enough to keep it around.

europa1991

• Rep: 56
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »
No one told me how FLAT these goddamn boards are

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2021, 07:15:01 PM »

The Quasi boards I have seen, stood on and skated have all felt at least medium but usually steeper than average.

Are you meaning the concave across the board, or the angle of the kicks or both?

Which board was it on too?

europa1991

• Rep: 56
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2021, 09:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Quasi boards I have seen, stood on and skated have all felt at least medium but usually steeper than average.

Are you meaning the concave across the board, or the angle of the kicks or both?

Which board was it on too?
Maybe I’m just over analyzing it but…. Both? Idk. The last Quasi I skated was a couple years ago (right after the name change actually so there’s no way I can recall what that shape was like) but I went out and got Dane Barker’s pro deck because that had one in the dimensions I like (8.375 14.25 wb)