Author Topic: Quasi?  (Read 42958 times)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Quasi?
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2022, 06:42:57 PM »
Anyone skate the 8.5 bbs board yet? Is it the same/really similar to the ps 8.5 square shape?

Didn’t even realize they had a bbs 8.5. I’m also curious what the shape is like

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2022, 07:20:57 PM »
I've got one. It's got a fuller nose and tail than the PS Stix 8.5. I like it better than it's PS counterpart, but I'd love to see a BBS version of the 33" shape (14.5 wb). The kicks are a little steeper, but it's a really good feeling board.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2022, 07:56:35 PM »
I've got one. It's got a fuller nose and tail than the PS Stix 8.5. I like it better than it's PS counterpart, but I'd love to see a BBS version of the 33" shape (14.5 wb). The kicks are a little steeper, but it's a really good feeling board.
Like fa/ hockey steep?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »
Untitled by

Untitled by

Green is PS and Yellow is BBS. Taken from skatewarehouse site between 2 quasi 8.5 x 32.125 with 14.25wb. The BBS one is the bunny crockett graphic according to the quasi site.

I hate PS stix so I'm very curious.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:37:44 PM by camel filters »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2022, 09:56:57 PM »
Anyone have experience with the 8.25 14.38 shape vs the normal 8.25 or 8.3?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2022, 03:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Like fa/ hockey steep?

Oh no, not that steep.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2022, 06:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Like fa/ hockey steep?
[close]

Oh no, not that steep.
Thanks! Just ordered one to compare. Looks like gx switched over too

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2022, 10:34:52 AM »
got the bbs 8.5 crockett. steep kicks n nose. concave runs medium to flat [tail to nose]

DERBY

« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »

new quasi drop
ps - (left to right) 1,2,3,4,8,10
bbs - 5,6,7,9,11

i think folks are gonna love the dimension on the bdk joint (11). BBS 8.25" X 31.8" WB 14"

thespacewolf

• Rep: 13
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2023, 10:48:21 AM »

new quasi drop
bbs - 5,6,7,9,11

i think folks are gonna love the dimension on the bdk joint (11). BBS 8.25" X 31.8" WB 14"
IG post deleted

DERBY

« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2023, 10:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote

new quasi drop
bbs - 5,6,7,9,11

[close]
IG post deleted

incase link doesn’t work - https://imgur.com/a/2KzmDHE

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2023, 11:49:14 PM »
No 8.5 at BBS tho... Hopefully they will switch this too

I bought a PS quasi in 8.5 and couldn't skate it, felt like the kick on the tail was going straight up from the hardware, impossible to get my backfoot comfy on there to make transition grinds.

What a shame cause I really wanna skate BDK boards

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2023, 12:49:16 AM »

new quasi drop
bbs - 5,6,7,9,11

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2023, 01:59:26 AM »

I bought a PS quasi in 8.5 and couldn't skate it, felt like the kick on the tail was going straight up from the hardware, impossible to get my backfoot comfy on there to make transition grinds.

That sounds like another board that someone I know just could not skate for similar reasons.

When I tried the "six hole" truck option to feel out the board if the deck bolt holes were in 3/8" it made it way more skateable so we redrilled it and old mate had a great time on it until he retired it.

Not to say drilling it in 3/8" would fix everything on a board like that, but it is not the first time I have done that to make a board work for myself or others.  It doesn't weaken the board at all, but it does shorten the wheelbase, which some people might have more of an issue with than a crazy steep tail with no fingers of flat.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

ugly flacko

« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2023, 04:18:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That sounds like another board that someone I know just could not skate for similar reasons.

When I tried the "six hole" truck option to feel out the board if the deck bolt holes were in 3/8" it made it way more skateable so we redrilled it and old mate had a great time on it until he retired it.

Not to say drilling it in 3/8" would fix everything on a board like that, but it is not the first time I have done that to make a board work for myself or others.  It doesn't weaken the board at all, but it does shorten the wheelbase, which some people might have more of an issue with than a crazy steep tail with no fingers of flat.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea actually, could have done that but coming from hockey boards, the nose seemed already smaller than the tail to me and making the tail even bigger would have made it feel even crazier I guess.
But shortening the WB would have been fine tho, I guess it was 14.38 and I prefer 14.25.
Wanted to try the PROTO with 14.25 WB but I'm afraid to just get another weird ass tail again...

DERBY

« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2023, 05:00:23 AM »

the rizzo model is 8.5 BBS

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/quasi-rizzo-acid-ply-2-85-deck-337-8203213144370/

and same here!

IpathCats

« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2023, 05:13:39 AM »
i like quasi's weird graphics, but i do not like their shapes. At least the two that i tried were way to full/square in the kicks for my taste. I didnt like the PSstix wood either, but i know they've moved to BBS now right?

It's a shame because i really like a lot of their team, and DLX doesn't really need my sales. I'd rather support a smaller company, but i just dont enjoy their actual skateboards.

ugly flacko

« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2023, 06:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/quasi-rizzo-acid-ply-2-85-deck-337-8203213144370/

and same here!

Oh sick thx !

But I live in Europe, Switzerland and none of the Quasi decks I can find here are BBS 8.5. And don't really wanna buy directly from the US tbh.
On their website there is no 8.5  from BBS in the new drop if I'm correct, so let's see maybe in the new drop

DERBY

« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2023, 07:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

and same here!
[close]

Oh sick thx !

But I live in Europe, Switzerland and none of the Quasi decks I can find here are BBS 8.5. And don't really wanna buy directly from the US tbh.
On their website there is no 8.5  from BBS in the new drop if I'm correct, so let's see maybe in the new drop

np yo!

the new drop with those decks posted above are dropping friday. so chances are they might touch europe eventually. idk how frequent quasis are down there but hopefully so

LebowskisRug

« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2023, 07:22:05 AM »
i like quasi's weird graphics, but i do not like their shapes. At least the two that i tried were way to full/square in the kicks for my taste. I didnt like the PSstix wood either, but i know they've moved to BBS now right?

It's a shame because i really like a lot of their team, and DLX doesn't really need my sales. I'd rather support a smaller company, but i just dont enjoy their actual skateboards.

Only some are BBS and in a few sizes they have a couple PS shapes. Unfortunately it's hard to know without seeing. There is an 8.38 that is listed as 32.125 I like- it's less steep and less square in the nose. But I don't care for the 8.38 that is 32.25 as it has the massive shovel nose and is steeper.

Otherwise I agree with your point. I'd like to support them but there is only 1, maybe 2 shapes I would still ride. I don't like their BBS shapes at all and tier 8.5's feel massive.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2023, 08:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Only some are BBS and in a few sizes they have a couple PS shapes. Unfortunately it's hard to know without seeing. There is an 8.38 that is listed as 32.125 I like- it's less steep and less square in the nose. But I don't care for the 8.38 that is 32.25 as it has the massive shovel nose and is steeper.

Otherwise I agree with your point. I'd like to support them but there is only 1, maybe 2 shapes I would still ride. I don't like their BBS shapes at all and tier 8.5's feel massive.

PS …if he’d just get his shit together. The shapes are so much better. The bbs is gigantic, and way too dramatic. Similar to the fa to bbs switch. Shit was unskateable for me. So steep. Noses that made me angry looking down at them. Quasi shapes made by crail/dsm/pgi would be preferred

IpathCats

« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2023, 09:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

PS …if he’d just get his shit together. The shapes are so much better. The bbs is gigantic, and way too dramatic. Similar to the fa to bbs switch. Shit was unskateable for me. So steep. Noses that made me angry looking down at them. Quasi shapes made by crail/dsm/pgi would be preferred

was literally just about to post in the unpopular opinion thread that quasi should move to dwindle lol. A cool brand with resin construction would be sick

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2023, 11:36:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

was literally just about to post in the unpopular opinion thread that quasi should move to dwindle lol. A cool brand with resin construction would be sick

Palace
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2023, 12:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Palace

Does palace do resin 7 and shit? How are the shapes? Crail has pretty good shapes, unfortunately they are a little steeper than they used to be. Last longer, but cooler when they were flatter.
Crail used to do pgi? I think? And they definitely had the one board being amazing/next board being totally fucked thing that PS does so well.
Quasi on pgi leeees goooo

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2023, 09:43:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Palace
[close]

Does palace do resin 7 and shit? How are the shapes? Crail has pretty good shapes, unfortunately they are a little steeper than they used to be. Last longer, but cooler when they were flatter.
Crail used to do pgi? I think? And they definitely had the one board being amazing/next board being totally fucked thing that PS does so well.
Quasi on pgi leeees goooo

Palace boards are really good..I to doesn't say R7 on them but I think they are
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ugly flacko

« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2023, 12:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

and same here!
[close]

Oh sick thx !

[close]

np yo!

the new drop with those decks posted above are dropping friday. so chances are they might touch europe eventually. idk how frequent quasis are down there but hopefully so

So, just received this Rizzo deck ! Didn't set it up yet but I compared it to an Hockey board I had laying around.

The tail seems basically identical, but the nose is a tiny bit shorter, still blunt but it has a cool taper to it which make it look less like a snow shovel than the hockey one. Also the nose is less steep, which is probably good.

Will give an update after skating it. But compared to the PS one I had it looks way better qualitywise.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2023, 10:10:29 AM »
If anyone wants the new Bledsoe 8.375 for cheap I'll sell mine brand new. It's BBS but the nose is really steep- like FA steep but not squared. My toddler was having a meltdown at the shop so I didn't get to compare it to other decks I know and realize this before buying.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2023, 11:37:53 AM »
I love the 32.125 X 8.25 shape and noticed that they usually only do 1 pro graphic and one Proto graphic per drop in that shape.

Wondering if this shape is solely PS Stix or if they started making it in BBS too.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2023, 12:18:48 PM »
Just a quick check-in: most people, somewhat understandably, hate ps stix, yeah?
I don’t, but I acknowledge the qc is inna difrent rallity.
Here is my main concern with the switch to bbs, for some of these brands: ps makes, in my opinion, the best shapes. The execution leaves something to be desired, but the shapes look, and feel, great to me. When FA went to bbs the it was… ham handed feeling on the shapes. The bbs steep concave and kicks, with the already bold shape, was just too wonky for me. I’m struggling looking for an analogy, but something was just horribly distorted in the translation. Imo.
Take it all with a huge grain of salt, I haven’t stood on any of the bbs quasi, and I’m not a big fan of the bbs bend/swoop/concave.
I feel like what most people REALLY like about bbs is that it lasts for a long time. To me this ends up being a nightmare: a long lasting, fucked board. If I could get a flat one, I’d be into it. I’m already such a kook I don’t want to rifle thru the stack anymore than I’ve already done, when I’m in a shop, looking for a flatter one. I mean…it’s been a long time since I passed the eye test of skate competency, and being this discerning, for what the results obviously will not bear out, is just to much for me to bare, in public.

I really gotta keep/quit using slap like therapy.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2023, 03:19:33 PM »
Just a quick check-in: most people, somewhat understandably, hate ps stix, yeah?
I don’t, but I acknowledge the qc is inna difrent rallity.
Here is my main concern with the switch to bbs, for some of these brands: ps makes, in my opinion, the best shapes. The execution leaves something to be desired, but the shapes look, and feel, great to me. When FA went to bbs the it was… ham handed feeling on the shapes. The bbs steep concave and kicks, with the already bold shape, was just too wonky for me. I’m struggling looking for an analogy, but something was just horribly distorted in the translation. Imo.
Take it all with a huge grain of salt, I haven’t stood on any of the bbs quasi, and I’m not a big fan of the bbs bend/swoop/concave.
I feel like what most people REALLY like about bbs is that it lasts for a long time. To me this ends up being a nightmare: a long lasting, fucked board. If I could get a flat one, I’d be into it. I’m already such a kook I don’t want to rifle thru the stack anymore than I’ve already done, when I’m in a shop, looking for a flatter one. I mean…it’s been a long time since I passed the eye test of skate competency, and being this discerning, for what the results obviously will not bear out, is just to much for me to bare, in public.

I really gotta keep/quit using slap like therapy.
The new 8.5 Rizzo deck I just got yesterday is considerably flat and mellow and even has the rocker concave thing that they were talking about in Ben's ps stixx factory tour video.