Author Topic: Trendwatch 2021  (Read 54867 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
Re: Trendwatch 2021
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2021, 06:36:34 AM »
You heard that Russian doomer music they got playlists on YouTube
listen to cosmic psychos

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2021, 07:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeans with patches of bands you don't actually listen to sewn on them.
I'm starting to see it happen and its snowballing.
[close]

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded
[close]

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.
[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.
[close]
This is the way of things.
[close]

used to be a little "band thsirt police" growing up but honestly not that much anymore. Like seriously, do you have to know all the American Apparel founder history to wear one their plain white t-shirts? is wearing an 100% cotton T some white supremacist conduct just because the plantations where a living hell for african americans back in the day... yep, all this morning caffeine-fueled nonsense just to say I don't understand this day an age. Let's get back to skateboarding already for a sec and get out with that band ts 6hirt police attitude
[close]

Nah if you wear a band shirt and you don't know shit about the band that's wack. That shit is made for fans.
band t-shirts are made for bands. i’d much rather have your cash than not. also most of the band shirts i wear are just my friends at this point bc i like supporting them so it’s like a 70% chance i only hear their music live and know next to nothing about it. police me on it tho, please.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2021, 08:27:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What about a satire statement when you wear a band shirt but you actually hate that band. I’d rock a fuckin’ spice girls T
[close]
I don't really care if someone just want to wear a Joy Division shirt because they think it looks nice.
[close]
I have a joy division shirt that I bought out of spite because I think their music sucks, bunch of crying British fake punk babies. Anyone actually wtb an xl love will tear us apart shirt? It even has a joy division print on the back so people don’t even have to see your face to know you listen to whiny British bullshit.
[close]

i hope you and your dad can reconcile someday
my dad’s great! You tryna buy a weak ass shirt or what, guy?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2021, 08:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What about a satire statement when you wear a band shirt but you actually hate that band. I’d rock a fuckin’ spice girls T
[close]
I don't really care if someone just want to wear a Joy Division shirt because they think it looks nice.
[close]
I have a joy division shirt that I bought out of spite because I think their music sucks, bunch of crying British fake punk babies. Anyone actually wtb an xl love will tear us apart shirt? It even has a joy division print on the back so people don’t even have to see your face to know you listen to whiny British bullshit.
[close]

[close]

thanks for the offer but i wouldn’t wear anything that’s covered in that much insecurity - i wouldn’t land anything for a week!

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #425 on: January 24, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »
Post quarantine, skaters desperately wanting to connect and have fun with other skaters but insolation-induced social awkwardness getting in the way. Unintentional cool-guying

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: January 24, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

thanks for the offer but i wouldn’t wear anything that’s covered in that much insecurity - i wouldn’t land anything for a week!
right. The shirt is one of the most important pieces of skateboarding equipment  you need, right behind finding the correct color of shoelace. I just can’t land tricks if my shoelaces are brown, woe is me.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Brguy

« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeans with patches of bands you don't actually listen to sewn on them.
I'm starting to see it happen and its snowballing.
[close]

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded
[close]

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.
[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.
[close]
This is the way of things.
[close]

used to be a little "band thsirt police" growing up but honestly not that much anymore. Like seriously, do you have to know all the American Apparel founder history to wear one their plain white t-shirts? is wearing an 100% cotton T some white supremacist conduct just because the plantations where a living hell for african americans back in the day... yep, all this morning caffeine-fueled nonsense just to say I don't understand this day an age. Let's get back to skateboarding already for a sec and get out with that band ts 6hirt police attitude
[close]

Nah if you wear a band shirt and you don't know shit about the band that's wack. That shit is made for fans.
[close]
band t-shirts are made for bands. i’d much rather have your cash than not. also most of the band shirts i wear are just my friends at this point bc i like supporting them so it’s like a 70% chance i only hear their music live and know next to nothing about it. police me on it tho, please.
So you've been to their concert and is a friend of the band, but still think someone would heckle you for not knowing the name of the songs? Are you stupid? You have even more right to wear the band tee at this point, this is the complete opposite of never having listened to the music or not even knowing it's a band. Anyway, the t-shirt being for the bands is a good point, even if wearing clothes from a specific sub-culture just for the style is still a kook move.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #428 on: January 24, 2021, 11:13:40 AM »
Expand Quote
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

[close]

if you take away surf pants from me we will have a problem with eachother.
imagine going on a skate forum and admitting you've become the old person who thinks young people shouldn't dress differently to them
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2021, 11:50:24 AM »
Imagine multiple posts from multiple people arguing whether or not they can wear a band shirt...

Gentleman ninja warlock

cky enthusiast

« Reply #430 on: January 24, 2021, 12:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
right. The shirt is one of the most important pieces of skateboarding equipment  you need, right behind finding the correct color of shoelace. I just can’t land tricks if my shoelaces are brown, woe is me.

i know man, anything brown really seems to throw you for a loop

Steezuschrist69

• Rep: 1
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2021, 12:05:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Revive X Fortnite collab
[close]

Primitive  x fortnight collab

Element x fortnite collab

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

[close]

[close]
imagine going on a skate forum and admitting you've become the old person who thinks young people shouldn't dress differently to them

don’t worry imma a nice guy, I’ll let you keep rockin your chefs pants  8)

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2021, 03:25:29 PM »
i don't know if this has already been said, but i think boards under 8 inches.

7.75s
7.5s

i think people will start skating smaller boards again.
My hass is out

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

wait... do you think I’m a white guy?

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »
Video parts with the fit you have on changing drastically between clips. Duffel, Stevie, Cobra Cole, Dylan, Franky Villani, etc. All set to a mashup of choice Bob Seger tracks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #436 on: January 24, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
wait... do you think I’m a white guy?

black dudes have to tell people they don’t listen to joy division?! forgive me if i’ve misread you but the only thing whiter than liking joy division is going out of your way to tell everyone you don’t like them so you can see where i’d be confused

theblandest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2021, 08:52:52 PM »
Pro skateboarder gameplay youtube channels.

threequartercab

• Rep: 4
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2021, 02:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Kids in Berlin love their Polar pants

Fingers crossed for some US Trap-dudes or whatever wearing these

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2021, 02:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Kids in Berlin love their Polar pants

Fingers crossed for some US Trap-dudes or whatever wearing these

People in germany love them, got a bunch of german friends who don't skate who wear them

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2021, 08:16:05 PM »
Where ever pants go after Polar surf pants, you're gonna hate it even more man
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

primo

« Reply #441 on: January 26, 2021, 01:02:06 AM »
More people than usual will be wearing half cabs now that The Nine Club keeps talking about them and Reynolds is on Vans and also talking about them a lot.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2021, 03:38:58 AM »
I’d bet my eternal soul that someone in wacky pants is going to skate to Savage Garden before the year 2022. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2021, 12:33:41 PM »
I’d bet my eternal soul that someone in wacky pants is going to skate to Savage Garden before the year 2022.

And without a hint of irony.

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »

there's too much content for me to watch it all, but I'd be surprised if this hasn't already happened, definitely heard some instrumentals that sound like truly madly deeply

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »
Unobtanium inverted kingpins and hollow axles.

Skate coach dad related child protective services calls.

Pokémon graphics.

Weed related Pokémon graphics.

Vulc shoes with heel airbags.

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2021, 07:34:21 PM »
IRONIC FEDORA HATS
My hass is out

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #447 on: February 09, 2021, 08:07:27 PM »
More people than usual will be wearing half cabs now that The Nine Club keeps talking about them and Reynolds is on Vans and also talking about them a lot.

Haven’t bought em yet but am guilty of this lol. Used to skate half cabs all the time and they got me stoked on em again.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 80
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »

Wouldn't that just be your dream, your wish, your fantasy...

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #449 on: February 09, 2021, 09:50:58 PM »
Someone is finally going to do a Dorf on Golf related deck graphic.