Author Topic: HIJINX  (Read 52154 times)

cant stop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
Re: HIJINX
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2020, 04:00:14 PM »
Some gold in those last two episodes. I just want all the Herman flatground clips. Feel like I never saw the Reynolds sw frontside flip in Oz and the fakie heel.

Yes, I love seeing Herm and Drew skate flatground together. They have always feed on each other.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nak of FA, on Element, confirmed
[close]

Was that Nak with the afro? I thought it was but also assumed that he's from NY
[close]

I'm going to feel like an asshole if it isn't

It says its Nak in the description of the video.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2020, 10:15:20 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
Last days of hair with Andrew.  Natural mullet cause of the hair line.  He looks cool I think.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2020, 08:06:34 AM »
I'm doing things like trying to buy a house, work from home, watch my cholesterol and increase my credit score. Then, I catch myself being giddy while watching Herman and Spanky play video games in a tour bus. Skateboarding is wild.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2020, 08:36:47 AM »
I'm doing things like trying to buy a house, work from home, watch my cholesterol and increase my credit score. Then, I catch myself being giddy while watching Herman and Spanky play video games in a tour bus. Skateboarding is wild.
idk what’s wild about any of that bud

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
Big money Boost Mobile days. Crazy seeing those old iPods.

Herman missed a kickflip; he is human.

Glurmpz

« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2020, 12:50:42 PM »
Ha - Beagle with the steady shot on by mistake the whole time.

This episode was a few minutes of skating padded with a ton of uneventful chilling. I respect pros but I'm not so much of a fan that I need to watch a couple of teenagers quietly playing video games for ten minutes. Hopefully the next episode is back to the strength of the previous few.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »

This episode was a few minutes of skating padded with a ton of uneventful chilling. I respect pros but I'm not so much of a fan that I need to watch a couple of teenagers quietly playing video games for ten minutes. Hopefully the next episode is back to the strength of the previous few.

I don't know man - might be a generational thing but Baker 3 came out when I was 15 and I became enamored with their personalities and lack of capturing them, candidly. I get excited to watch the boring candid footage from ~1997-2010 of anyone I was into. I could be totally alone in feeling that way though.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know man - might be a generational thing but Baker 3 came out when I was 15 and I became enamored with their personalities and lack of capturing them, candidly. I get excited to watch the boring candid footage from ~1997-2010 of anyone I was into. I could be totally alone in feeling that way though.

You’re not alone. I could watch the candid shit of the old World/bLind/Plan B shit and enjoy the hell out of it.

Glurmpz

« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2020, 04:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re not alone. I could watch the candid shit of the old World/bLind/Plan B shit and enjoy the hell out of it.

I think it's more a difference in how we feel about pros in general. I don't know what it is, but even though I'm from a tiny town in Canada originally, I never felt any sort of star-struck type feelings when I saw a celebrity or pro skater in person. Never idolized anyone. That's just not in my personality. Not trying to dog on it, but I can't relate to that mindset myself.

I do love behind the scenes footage of classic shit, which these tapes all qualify as for sure, but Beagle has more than enough tapes to make that behind the scenes stuff a bit more interesting than two guys playing video games quietly for ten minutes, and still keep the series going for literally years.

I'm just being critical as a fellow filmer/editor/skater. I also used the same TRV-900 so I always loved Beagle for that as well. It's hilarious when you look back at all these tapes that he never really seemed to figure out proper exposure after years and years of filming pros. I wonder if he got criticized by Drew much?

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2020, 04:35:44 PM »
Can somebody put a dollar amount on youtube bux Beagle is able to take home from having 30K subs and an extremely loyal following? I really want him to strike gold with all of this saved footy. I wonder how many other filmers have bins full of tapes that would otherwise never see the light of day?

larryhagman

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2020, 02:53:40 AM »
Can somebody put a dollar amount on youtube bux Beagle is able to take home from having 30K subs and an extremely loyal following? I really want him to strike gold with all of this saved footy. I wonder how many other filmers have bins full of tapes that would otherwise never see the light of day?

Radrat discussed Youtube money recently. I think he said he gets around 300$/month from 56k subscribers but his videos average 5 to10k views.

If you can extrapolate that for the hijinx channel with an average of 20 to 30k views I still doubt you could make a living of that alone

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Radrat discussed Youtube money recently. I think he said he gets around 300$/month from 56k subscribers but his videos average 5 to10k views.

If you can extrapolate that for the hijinx channel with an average of 20 to 30k views I still doubt you could make a living of that alone

Thank you for the info. His channel is actually quite similar to rad rat in terms of views and subscribers, but Beagle's growth in such a short time can't be immediately discounted. His earlier videos are creepin toward 100k views each. Looking at the amount of subscribers thrasher has (2.4 million), I believe there is a large enough skate audience out there for Beag's to get a couple hundred thousand subs. The quality and originality of the content speaks for itself.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 93
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »

I hear that...

Unless it is hijinx, some random characters in the mix, noteworthy attempts and bangers it loses its appeal with me.

I appreciate what Beagle's doing, though.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2020, 10:49:58 PM »
Im honestly excited for the cyril part on june 4. Id like to know some inside scoop on why he is of baker.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »
Im honestly excited for the cyril part on june 4. Id like to know some inside scoop on why he is of baker.
hijinx a board brand ?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Glurmpz

« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »
That switch crook was sick. Beagle really loved that shitty spot off the ledge into the mellow bank with no roll out, huh?  ;D

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »

My favorite slam of all time lol, and yes, Beagle loves that spot for some reason.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2020, 04:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My favorite slam of all time lol, and yes, Beagle loves that spot for some reason.

Holy shit that slam, haha.  Looks like a fun spot to me though.  Especially if there were another 15’ before that fence.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
Few things I noticed here:

-Doesn't it seem like Dustin is going pretty slow on that bs flip? That's not a knock - I was just surprised when seeing the raw footage. maybe the Children of Bodem track made shit seem much faster.

-Maybe it was the fish-eye or maybe it was Lenoce's Jockey-like size but that dirt gap looked bigger than I remember.

Maybe I'm just old as fuck now and everything is slower and bigger. Regardless, good shit on that episode. Honorable mention, Herm quote: "That has your name written all over it. If it doesn't, I'll put it there".

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »
speaking of Rad Rat,  I just wanted to reiterate that he indeed had that cute wife who left him and is probably still testing out strange penises...Rad Rat May or May not be doing the same thing, chances are he’s doing flat ground kick flips in his folks gazebo with ayso shin guards Regardless.  Carry on.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2020, 11:24:11 PM »
speaking of Rad Rat,  I just wanted to reiterate that he indeed had that cute wife who left him and is probably still testing out strange penises...Rad Rat May or May not be doing the same thing, chances are he’s doing flat ground kick flips in his folks gazebo with ayso shin guards Regardless.  Carry on.
  What he can't get another one?  Tf do you know ur projectng too much here onto Rad rat.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2020, 06:04:27 AM »
I would project onto Rad Rat any day

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:06:00 AM by Billy Bitchcakes »
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
Dollin really likes the red shirts. Very demonic. Nice. It contrasts well with his pale, nutrient starved, complexion.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

kid casserole

« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2020, 05:26:52 AM »

Right?  I’d love to project all over his back.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2020, 05:35:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You guys whoopin it up here with the sexy talk.
 That's cool but maybe take it to the whatever section.  Have fun.

kid casserole

« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »
Who is this guy? Dude is giving off some cop vibes.  You take it the whatever section, narc.  Me n Billy will talk about Rat Rat wherever we want.  Go wax your surfboard.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
   You guys whoopin it up here with the sexy talk.
 That's cool but maybe take it to the whatever section.  Have fun.